Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

Flying over tomorrow for a medical according to papers in France. If only we had someone who could check... ;)

The local Lille paper doesn't say he's flying, chances are it's Eurostar or car. He's coming both for medical and contract finalisation, according to this link: http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/sports/foot-losc-sofiane-boufal-a-southampton-samedi-ia182b204n3698850

Now a done deal according to an updated L'Equipe report:

TRANSFER total agreement on the transfer of Sofiane Boufal to SouthamptonLe 26/08/2016 at 8:22:00 p.m. | Updated 26/08/2016 at 11:17:02 p.m. | 86 CommentairesLille , Southampton and Sofiane Boufal have agreed on the transfer of Moroccan international , who should bring 20 million euros in the club northerner .

Despite interest from Leicester last minute and outbid another English club which offered him a larger salary, Sofiane Boufal (22 years ) goes to leave Lille to join Southampton.

All parties found Friday afternoon full agreement on a deal that should bring in € 20 million (excluding bonus) LOSC .

Edited by Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Few comments I picked up on from Spurs forum.....

If nonsense then phew....

For example

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/summer-2016-transfer-window-thread.15210/page-420

Also this article - http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2015/the-darker-side-of-sofiane-boufal/

- forcibly preventing Tallo from taking the spot-kick.

- Boufal appeared selfish

- manager Hervé Renard was forced to separate Sofiane Boufal and Junior Tallo

- L’Équipe reported a training ground incident between central defender Renato Civelli and Sofiane Boufal

- his self-centred attitude off the pitch is hurting LOSC’s results on it.

- manager asking Boufal "do you care"

More here - http://m.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Lille-altercation-boufal-civelli/603298

And more http://m.lavoixdunord.fr/sports/foot-losc-une-altercation-entre-boufal-et-civelli-a-ia182b204n3132958

Highly unlikely that there is any truth to these rumours, given he worked so intensely with Angers management in his youth...

How do you compare Boufal with Mane?

Someone posted that he is as good as Mane but much better technically...which seems to be setting the guy up for a fall if I'm honest. I know it's human nature but I think fans are a bit obsessed about comparing new signings to players that have left rather than just giving the new player a bit of time to show what he can (or cannot) do.

Someone posted that he is as good as Mane but much better technically...which seems to be setting the guy up for a fall if I'm honest. I know it's human nature but I think fans are a bit obsessed about comparing new signings to players that have left rather than just giving the new player a bit of time to show what he can (or cannot) do.

Not as speedy as Mane but Boufal is more technical.

Might struggle initially with physicality of the league but in time will be fantastic.

Just wondering how rigorous a medical is on a player that's recovering from an injury?

There are over three hundred (300) joints in the human body, and he has injured one. Pretty sure that the medical will be more rigorous than looking at just that one joint. To be honest I'm not even sure why people on this forum are worrying about the clunext not beingue rigorous in medicals before spending 22 million. Do you actually think about what you post before you click send? I'm fairly sure the boars aren't saying 'looks good on YouTube.. let's get him on board'

The local Lille paper doesn't say he's flying, chances are it's Eurostar or car. He's coming both for medical and contract finalisation, according to this link: http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/sports/foot-losc-sofiane-boufal-a-southampton-samedi-ia182b204n3698850

Ugh oh ! - if he doesn't like flying:scared: .......how is he going to get to Milan and Prague ....a limo? .....and as for the trip to Beersheba ...forget it !

Ugh oh ! - if he doesn't like flying:scared: .......how is he going to get to Milan and Prague ....a limo? .....and as for the trip to Beersheba ...forget it !

Jeez...Difficult to fly direct from Lille to London / Southampton so Eurostar quickest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are over three hundred (300) joints in the human body, and he has injured one. Pretty sure that the medical will be more rigorous than looking at just that one joint. To be honest I'm not even sure why people on this forum are worrying about the clunext not beingue rigorous in medicals before spending 22 million. Do you actually think about what you post before you click send? I'm fairly sure the boars aren't saying 'looks good on YouTube.. let's get him on board'

?? ....I never had any medical training..... so tell me Doctor ...which parts of the body are those ?

Oh the irony.

But the joint he damaged is in the top 5 of those 300.