Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

Won't be today i don't think. Nothing, literally nothing happens in France on a Sunday so can't see Lille signing the deal off today.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

I work a lot with French people and there is not only on weekends things are slow there : /

I think there is a law that companies are told to shut of the mail server after 4.30pm so no work mails are delivered in the evenings.

So this deal will be finalised tomorrow - that's at least my guess.

I work a lot with French people and there is not only on weekends things are slow there : /

I think there is a law that companies are told to shut of the mail server after 4.30pm so no work mails are delivered in the evenings.

So this deal will be finalised tomorrow - that's at least my guess.

That's because a company has, in theory, no right to impound your time with their affairs. Obviously there are plenty who do work in their own time but it's illegal for your employer to impede on you in after hours.

Ed Aarons on Twitter just now: Sofiane #Boufal set to complete move to Southampton after everything agreed with Lille. Contract should be signed tomorrow #saintsfc

Good news. He's another Guardian writer isn't he? They seem pretty well clued up about us. [makes mental note to commence meltdown at 00.01 on Tuesday morning, if no confirmation is forthcoming]

Get French Football have just tweeted update: Contrary to reports, GFFN has been assured that "nothing has gone wrong" vis-à-vis Sofiane Boufal's Southampton medical. (1/2)

Boufal's medical was always due to be rigorous & lengthy due to recent knee operation. Parties hopeful deal will be closed tomorrow. (2/2)

I'm jacked up for this signing. Are you?

This write up on Bouffal from site EPLIndex :

"It would be an exciting signing for the club, with Boufal becoming the best attacking midfielder at Lille since Eden Hazard. Although that is a huge claim, Boufal was sensational last season and caught the attention of the footballing world.

He is a dynamic attacking midfielder, who will be great to watch if he does move to the Premier League. Boufal has great close ball control and his quick feet allow him to dribble through defences. His ability to beat players make him perfect for the Premier League. During his time with Lille, he scored some excellent goals and looked unplayable at times. In England, the pace of the game means that there are spaces to exploit and that is why players like Hazard, Riyad Mahrez and Dimitri Payet have been successful in this league.

To an extent, Boufal shares characteristics with all three. He has been compared with Hazard during his spell with Lille and many see him as the most exciting player at the club since the Belgian. Last season, Riyad Mahrez took the league by storm and Boufal shares a similar past, making their names in Ligue 2. They also both opted to play for an African country rather than France, where they were born. Boufal has a larger reputation than Mahrez did at the age of 22, but there are a lot of parallels between the two. Dimitri Payet was one of the signings of last season and Boufal could emulate him if he joins Southampton. He is a player who has the potential to play regularly in the Champions League and it would be a coup for Southampton to sign him."

I hope it's because this has dragged so long, but after all the rave reviews I'm starting to think he might turn out to be more Tabbadt than Hazard!

I fervently hope I'm wrong.

Why do so many seem to want to append to their negative posts 'I hope I'm wrong'

Assuming we all support Saints it goes without saying.

I think Utd will beat us at Old Trafford. I hope I'm wrong.

Although I guess there are a few on here who do actually get a hard on over any gloom.

Why do so many seem to want to append to their negative posts 'I hope I'm wrong'

I guess probably to avoid being called a wrist slitter, bed wetter etc.

But people need to remember that on SWF there's no middle ground. Everyone is either blind board-loving happy clapper or miserable club-hating doom merchant. Everyone.

I guess probably to avoid being called a wrist slitter, bed wetter etc.

But people need to remember that on SWF there's no middle ground. Everyone is either blind board-loving happy clapper or miserable club-hating doom merchant. Everyone.

I'd like to think I am in the middle!:rolleyes:

The formalities are being tide up now and of course the very important medical, but this deal has been in the pipeline for quite sometime. Saints were always gonna wait to the end of the window for an injured played it's just sensible.

So you're an ITK now as well? This board appears to be being overrun by them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk