Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

There's a massive trend with the new breed of ITK's. Their posts are calculated guests, swayed by the traffic of updates on social media.

Those posting, he was at Staplewood or the formalities are being tied up as exclusives or snippets, are just using what appears to be public knowledge and spinning it off as their own. It's apparent Boufal will be announced as a Saints player within the next few days.

As AR-10, Guan, K Bilky and Le Goddard will vouch, Saints have changed their conduct regarding incomings and the personnel that know. Hence why very little information now gets out.

There's a massive trend with the new breed of ITK's. Their posts are calculated guests, swayed by the traffic of updates on social media.

Those posting, he was at Staplewood or the formalities are being tied up as exclusives or snippets, are just using what appears to be public knowledge and spinning it off as their own. It's apparent Boufal will be announced as a Saints player within the next few days.

As AR-10, Guan, K Bilky and Le Goddard will vouch, Saints have changed their conduct regarding incomings and the personnel that know. Hence why very little information now gets out.

My source tells me this also. Yesterday I spoke to a mate who claimed to know nothing that was going on with regards to transfers - normally I take that with a pinch of salt but I'm inclined to believe him now. I assume my ITK credentials will be off the scale now I've revealed I know nothing but that's a price I'm willing to pay.....

Not content with giving the manager even a few games to bed in, it seems many of the experts on here are now writing players off even before they have kicked a ball in training. I don't see any evidence that Boufal is injury-prone, he played most of Lille's matches last year. Then he had a nasty one, true, but this prompted the French players' union to call for a ban in the use of synthetic pitches in training because of the number of muscle and ligament injuries they allegedly cause.

So you're an ITK now as well? This board appears to be being overrun by them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been in the past Ian. Now I use logic and any information I can find. Boufal is a perfect fit to Saints, but we didn't just start negotiations last week. This is the type of player Saints have been looking since they new Mane and Pelle were leaving.

Boufal is fast, strong and technically gifted.

Logic and analysis also says Berahino is perfect. The question is timing. In the summer he walks for free, but Les did something similar with Charlie Austin.

As I have also said my son has become pretty adept in finding good players.

And yes I am Saints crazy.

Have a great Bank holiday!

I suggest his chant is a simple "Boooooooooofal." This will allow those, like me, who deplore our reactionary, impatient, foot-stamping, crybaby, neanderthal fans to add an extra syllable to their nonsensical boos and turn them into something positive.

Not content with giving the manager even a few games to bed in, it seems many of the experts on here are now writing players off even before they have kicked a ball in training. I don't see any evidence that Boufal is injury-prone, he played most of Lille's matches last year. Then he had a nasty one, true, but this prompted the French players' union to call for a ban in the use of synthetic pitches in training because of the number of muscle and ligament injuries they allegedly cause.

Is that what's caused Pied's injury? We are rapidly building a fine reputation as a place where players with long-term knee injuries can convalesce. Soon, they'll all want to come here.

Assuming his injury is not a recurring one then this is an excellent signing - not only because he's exactly the type of player we need, but because it put's to rest the critics that say that we're just a selling club - we are clearly now just creeping into the realm of clubs willing and able to invest large sums of money in young very talented players that fit the model.

I just hope the system we're playing and any coaching provided at Saints doesn't kill off any creativity and bravery the lad has - he clearly can and will shoot from outside the box if he gets the chance, so let's hope he's given the chance by Tadic and Redmond.

I really wish we were playing this formation now!

Forster

Cedric Fonte VVD Bertrand

Hjoberg Davis

Redmond Boufal Tadic

Austin/Long

This team would be so good, and our second team would be this maybe??? Lol No Pied cos hes out for a season.

Mccarthy

Cuco Gardos Yoshida Targett

Romeu Clasie Reed

JWP Long J-Rod

Can't believe we beat Watford to this signing. Amazing stuff.

Seriously a welcome addition to the squad and hopefully we get him fit sooner rather than later. Hopefully we still bring in a striker and then I'd say we're all set. (Dreamland would be additionally a defensive midfield beast and a young centre back to long term replace Fonte and a right back to cover Pied's injury but we can't have everything.)

This was down to Les Reed going out of his way completely and the integrity of Boufal's representives.

It took close to 18 Months to get this guy (as I've said before) and we weren't the only club in for him (also as I've said before), there were

one or 2 that came in late and nearly hijacked the entire deal, which was why I couldn't say any more than I was saying, as you never know who is reading

and I took a lot of stick for that. :lol:

I genuinely thought it was going to collapse at one point.

We had a preliminary offer accepted which in itself was already a club record, other clubs showed their hand and Chelsea came in with a ridiculous bid early last week, but Les had invested

so much into getting this guy and moved extremely quickly to get it done as I understand Sofiane really wanted to come here and we were the choice of his representatives as well..

(read into that what you like, personally to me that's a positive)

As I confirmed here:

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?56199-Summer-Transfer-Targets-Thread&p=2380695#post2380695

Whilst I don't know what the exact fee was, it would almost definitely be a lot more than £16M as quoted by sky as that was our first bid and I'm guessing that is the

ONLY info they have.

P.S I am expecting 1 more, this is probably going to be around @£10M if it get's done.

Merseyside or Manchester for £90M July 2018?

Seriously though good stuff.

And I love the way we are trumping the likes of Chelsea in getting these lads like him and Hojberg. They and their agents are realising we offer first team football and a real stepping stone to great things, not languishing in the reserves with 45 others or out on loan in some obscure club and league with the other 35.

Edited by adrian lord

P.S I am expecting 1 more, this is probably going to be around @£10M if it get's done.

Thanks for the info AR-10, Boufal is a great signing! Another 10m for Ziyech would be just fine, thank you.

Imagine Boufal, Tadic and Ziyech playing together for Saints... Nah, that's just a wet dream. I guess the next player will be someone who can run fast.

Except that's not the way it works.

Appreciate its a bit simplistic but I don't have all the information available.

Rough guess we must have a sizeable amount left after the Ins/outs this summer

Can only assume we also had a bit to spend before any player sales