Investing in Ethereum & tokens

• 2 years later...

Funny you mention as I put $100 dollars just as an experiment at the weekend. Closed it quite soon afterwards but looked like bad timing but obviously that amount was not using as a serious investment

My MD is a big believer in BTC specifically, and an avid follower of Michael Saylor. He (my MD) put a significant amount of the business' cash into bitcoin around August last year, and is now around 4x on this investment. Don't think I would have the balls for that, but fortune favours the brave.

I have a few coins from a while ago. Mostly BTC & ETH but also some BAT which hasn't done a lot. 

At the previous BTC peak of $20k I was doing alright. I got carried away and fucked up buying some altcoins some of which went to shit, one of them even got delisted. 

I got pissed off with myself and sold them all apart from BAT, consolidated into BTC and ETH and ignored it for a 18 months. The recent rise has got me someway back towards where I was but I probably lost 50% compared to what if have had if I'd just left it in the 2 main coins and not basically gambled it on shitty moonshots. 

Didn't get involved in GameStop although I love what Reddit did.

Anyone got into crypto currencies through ARB or OTC? Crypto shares. Rightly or wrongly I think they are easier to trade in than buying the currencies themselves.

I haven't dabbled yet and am watching. There is some money to be made here but they are still too volatile for  my liking.

Edited by Tamesaint
21 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Anyone got into crypto currencies through ARB or OTC? Crypto shares. Rightly or wrongly I think they are easier to trade in than buying the currencies themselves.

I haven't dabbled yet and am watching. There is some money to be made here but they are still too volatile for  my liking.

I just bought BTC or ETH from coinbase and then traded some. 

It's insanely volatile. There's definitely money to be made if you have a lot of time to research coins and study charts but even then there's huge investors who can wreck you in no time by manipulating the market. 

• 1 month later...