Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

53 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Can only imagine they would be ok with it if they want to get another domestic loan in?

Or if they think a) he isn't up to the scrap they have ahead, b)the squad might be better off without him...

Neither seem too far fetched

2 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

What a waste of a career. From Juve to barely making the bench for newly promoted Fulham in 4 years. Still only 27 too. Permanent deal only please

He probably doesn't see it like that. Lots of bling, nice fast cars, nice women probably. He's laughing all the way to the bank!

This potential deal is no surprise though, he's a proper journeyman. Hopefully at some point clubs stop giving him the opportunities, he's a hopeless professional.

2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

He probably doesn't see it like that. Lots of bling, nice fast cars, nice women probably. He's laughing all the way to the bank!

This potential deal is no surprise though, he's a proper journeyman. Hopefully at some point clubs stop giving him the opportunities, he's a hopeless professional.

Before you talk shit, he s married and has a son and takes care of his family.

1 hour ago, stevy777_x said:

Before you talk shit, he s married and has a son and takes care of his family.

Ok? I didn't question any of that. But there's no doubt he's happy enough with his load, even though he hasn't actually done much for any of the clubs he's been part of - apart from taking lots of $$$

3 hours ago, John Boy Saint said:

Bloke is still a waste of talent...........pretty much stealing a wage just about everywhere he has been.

The annoying thing is that he can be a very good player when he wants to be.

I remember watching his first game at St Marys and the guy next to me saying that, if we weren't careful, Liverpool would come sniffing around. He really did look a good prospect.

28 minutes ago, ecuk268 said:

I remember watching his first game at St Marys and the guy next to me saying that, if we weren't careful, Liverpool would come sniffing around. He really did look a good prospect.

That is what is so annoying about Lemina. I have always felt that he has the talent to be world class, as he showed in one or two flashes. Yet he seems to have no desire or application, not even in the semi-final when we did have some possibility, albeit slim, of winning a trophy.

3 hours ago, Kenilworthy said:

That is what is so annoying about Lemina. I have always felt that he has the talent to be world class, as he showed in one or two flashes. Yet he seems to have no desire or application, not even in the semi-final when we did have some possibility, albeit slim, of winning a trophy.

Agreed. In flashes he looked superb, Pogba level, but most of the time he didn't turn up. That semi-final performance was a disgrace, and I can't recall any player ever looking so disinterested in a big match. 

14 hours ago, ecuk268 said:

I don't know about Liverpool coming sniffing around, I shouldn't think f***ing Hartlepool would come sniffing now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/01/2021 at 21:52, HarvSFC said:

But, Lem's Life has only just welcomed everyone to London! 

Is this satire? Because if I was to put together the life of a footballer in satire form- this is it. I particularly like "I spend most of the time playing FIFA"...pause..."sometimes I watch Netflix with my wife"...but most of the time I play FIFA...." pause " "Oh and try to play with my son too...." followed by "Let's go to the other room".  Riveting stuff. Fuck me what a waste of money paying these footballers such high amounts if this what they do.

Edited by sydney_saint

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Trying to just watch Lemina and gauge if there's a chance he could come back and be a useful player for us, but with 3 first team CMs already and a need for money and reduction of the wage bill I guess it's a given that he's going to go.

if they have an obligation to buy, we probably have an obligation to sell.

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

if they have an obligation to buy, we probably have an obligation to sell.

Ah I didn't realise it was an automatic thing, thought it was just an option. 

Weird scenario now where we're rooting for Fulham to stay up without being completely safe ourselves.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Ah I didn't realise it was an automatic thing, thought it was just an option. 

Weird scenario now where we're rooting for Fulham to stay up without being completely safe ourselves.

that was what was reported in Get French Football News. Who knows how accurate it is.

1 minute ago, fanimal said:

He is still our most talented player we have

get him back in next season at all costs 

Don't be ridiculous. Romeu and JWP have been one of the best midfield partnerships in the league this season, even with how much we've struggled.

5 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

If we stay up & Fulham stay up, it’s a win-win deal, IMO.

Fine player when he wants to be, but we need the cash & his wages off the books.

That is the salient part of your post unfortunately.  I'm a big fan, was there at West Brom and was there at Wembley, like watching two different players. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I still remember his Semi Final performance and based on that it will always be a thanks, but no thanks for me. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

One of the most disinterested performances ive ever seen from a Saints player, should not be forgotten, do we have an agreed fee already with Fulham?

4 minutes ago, JRM said:

One of the most disinterested performances ive ever seen from a Saints player, should not be forgotten, do we have an agreed fee already with Fulham?

Not 100% sure on the detail of it, but I think if they stay up and he's made 20 apps, it's an automatic £7m transfer - all agreed.

Today was his 20th...so he now just needs to stay up, and that 7m fee is triggered I think.

2 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I still remember his Semi Final performance and based on that it will always be a thanks, but no thanks for me. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Agree, the single most lazy and effortless semi-final performance I've ever seen - we virtually played with 10 men.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice