Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

On 01/05/2021 at 16:23, S-Clarke said:

Let's hope we don't over price him in the summer and just get him off the books. Obviously that auto transfer to Fulham won't be triggered now, but I still think 7m is probably a fair fee for someone like him with just a year left.

There's no point holding out hope that he may come back here a different player, he wont. He's fundamentally flawed and always will be. A waste of natural talent, but that's what it is.

I'm sure there will be another manager who feel they can get that talent out of him, and so the circle will start again.

Did you watch him play last year? He has changed? A player finally does what we wanted, to apply himself to the fullest, yet he will never change in the eyes of the Saints gurus who knows all! @27 he is in prime time, if his attitude has grow up like he has , we may have the player we had hoped for, last year showed much improvement, lets hope he shows Ralf he is ready to step into those boots as a man....committed to the Saint cause. 

I think he will be an asset for any club now that he has seemingly changed his attitude and passion to playing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Did you watch him play last year? He has changed? A player finally does what we wanted, to apply himself to the fullest, yet he will never change in the eyes of the Saints gurus who knows all! @27 he is in prime time, if his attitude has grow up like he has , we may have the player we had hoped for, last year showed much improvement, lets hope he shows Ralf he is ready to step into those boots as a man....committed to the Saint cause. 

I think he will be an asset for any club now that he has seemingly changed his attitude and passion to playing.

Nope, he’s rotten to the core. Get rid ASAP. 

3 hours ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Not arguing with what you are saying, but I get the feeling that bridges have been burned, things perhaps said, and neither wants to work with the other.  I would be amazed if he ever played for us again unless the manager left this summer, which is unlikely.

5 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

If that happens one of them (I won't say who) would have to get one of these to compensate.

image.png.eb0ae0b75d47bd66f69877fd710e1588.png

Is that a screen shot from that infamous 00s game touch the truck? If anyone remembers this it truely was the low point competitive reality tv. Which is a coincidence that fans hoping a player who has done jack shit for us in the 4 years he’s been here is suddenly going to become the the heart beat of the team That we should Build our team around

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Take it a run I think, anything we can get for him is a bonus - plus the wages off the books.

Newcastle fans aren't going to like him I don't think.

To be fair, I recall him being very helpful to  Newcastle in 2018. And he has actually scored at St James Park. Despite what the article says, I don't think he will need to be "prised" away from us.

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Newcastle apparently going to offer £5m.

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2021/06/28/newcastle-set-to-make-5m-move-for-midfielder-regardless-of-saudi-takeover-saga-report/

I feel like that’s simultaneously a good buy for them & good business for us.

Newcastle: "We will only big £5 million and not a penny more."

Saints: "But we were only looking for £4 million?"

Newcastle: "£5 million and not a penny more!"

Saints: "...err, deal." 😜

Talented player but inconsistent. Transfermarkt have his value as £9 million. West Ham also been linked so maybe we can spark a bidding war!

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

Take it a run I think, anything we can get for him is a bonus - plus the wages off the books.

Newcastle fans aren't going to like him I don't think.

We are doing well on wages this summer. Bertrand and the likes of Sims and Hesketh off, as well as Hoedt, Gunn and now Lemina. Should free up some much needed money for improvements...

...or Walcott's salary. 😏

8 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

We are doing well on wages this summer. Bertrand and the likes of Sims and Hesketh off, as well as Hoedt, Gunn and now Lemina. Should free up some much needed money for improvements...

I'd guess we're saving around 200k a week already.

5 hours ago, SNSUN said:

Newcastle: "We will only big £5 million and not a penny more."

Saints: "But we were only looking for £4 million?"

Newcastle: "£5 million and not a penny more!"

Saints: "...err, deal." 😜

Talented player but inconsistent. Transfermarkt have his value as £9 million. West Ham also been linked so maybe we can spark a bidding war!

...or Walcott's salary. 😏

The bidding war for Lemina will go something like this.....

Newcastle:  "£5m"

West Ham:   "£4m"

Newcastle:  "OK then, £3m"

West Ham:   "Alright then, £2m"

Newcastle:   "£1m and that's our final offer"

Saints: "Done! It's a deal"

Surprised by the amount of people on Facebook (I know) saying they'd turn down £5million. In my eyes, if we get anything at all for the expensive liabilities in our squad on top of just gettijg them off our wage bill, it's a hell of a bonus.

Lemina did have a good season at Fulham, I think we could probably push them a bit higher, to 7 or 8 mil maybe. We all want him gone, obviously, but he isn't completely valueless or prem sides wouldn't be in for him.

10 minutes ago, TWar said:

Lemina did have a good season at Fulham, I think we could probably push them a bit higher, to 7 or 8 mil maybe. We all want him gone, obviously, but he isn't completely valueless or prem sides wouldn't be in for him.

I do not want him gone he is a good player we bought him over to the UK we should getting playing well

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John B said:

I do not want him gone he is a good player we bought him over to the UK we should getting playing well

I get that, but he is 27, in the final year of his contract (I very much doubt he'll sign another), and we have three other players ahead of him in his position. This is the apex of his value and if we don't sell now we are paying £5m atleast to have a 4th choice midfielder for 1 year when we have promising youth in that position. It just doesn't make sense to keep him at all for me, but we can probably get more than £5m.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saint_clark said:

Surprised by the amount of people on Facebook (I know) saying they'd turn down £5million. In my eyes, if we get anything at all for the expensive liabilities in our squad on top of just gettijg them off our wage bill, it's a hell of a bonus.

Yup - in his situatioin, (unwanted by club, last year of contract, high wages, tosser) £5m is a great deal for us. if you solely look at his footballing ability at his best, he's worth far more than that, but not to us. If we can just get his wages off the bill that would be a good start.

28 minutes ago, TWar said:

He really didn't have that good of a season. He turned up and looked decent against the 'big six' sides (surprise, surprise) but when it came to the crunch he was anonymous as usual. 

£5m and I'll give him a lift to wherever it is. 

We should bite their hand off at £5m, cant see us getting anything better. He'll be 28 at the start of the season spends 1/3 of most seasons out injured and has about 3-4 games a season where he looks great then disappears again. You get the impression from him that he loves the money and lifestyle of being a footballer but not actually being one.

Reminds me of the Carillo situation when we had a couple of offers for him but it was reported we turned them down as we though we could make a profit, instead we ended up loaning him out then having to pay him to leave. Ridiculous situation. 

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Just checked Watford's squad list. The only DM listed is Nathaniel Chalobah, market value £4.5M, contract ends Jun22. If he were the player offer, I'd be saying YES.

Of course, they may be offering us squad filler.

Edited by the saint in winchester
spell his name correctly
  • Like 1

On 05/07/2021 at 13:32, SuperSAINT said:

I fully expect him to go, but interested to see if he's back at training today?

Wasn't he told to find another club this (relative) time last year & therefore wasn't ever back at the club?

Training this week...

New signing Romain Perraud takes part in pre-season at Staplewood, stretching in a warm-up.

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 minute ago, Manuel said:

I can see Tella, Perraud, Salisu and Valery.  

Is Lemina on the left?

Thats what I was trying to work out, does Lemina have writing tattooed on his left calf? And has he got blond dreads now?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice