Instead he bought a midfield man

He calls himself Lemina

He passes to his left, he passes to his right

And if he ever scores a goal

We'll sing this song all night.

(Work in progress. I'll get my coat)[emoji23

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Italy, the home of The Ford Cortina.

Lets just hope that he punches that c**t VVD in the nuts if he ever trains with Saints again like he did in a match once.

Sounds like a typical Saints signing and filling the sizeable hole left by Shcneiderlin/Wanyama.

Be interesting to see how MP keeps all our midfield options happy....certainly a choice from Boufal, Tadic, JWP, Davis, Romeu, mario, Clasie, PEH, Redmond would seem to indicate that at least 1 to 2 of these could be surplus to requirements in the near future.

My bet would be Clasie (pity, I like how he plays but he's not quite made it on a regular enough basis) and, in time, Davis (purely due to age - he's still very influential for us).

Quite excited for this new signing. Positive intent?

My family Golden Retriever Alfie was put to sleep at 3pm today, and I'm having a rough day at work. This news has cheered me up no end!

Welcome Mario!

More signings of this calibre and we're in for a good season! (That's a CB or 2, a keeper, and another attacking player.)

Sorry for your loss. All the best moving forward :thumbup:

My family Golden Retriever Alfie was put to sleep at 3pm today, and I'm having a rough day at work. This news has cheered me up no end!

Welcome Mario!

More signings of this calibre and we're in for a good season! (That's a CB or 2, a keeper, and another attacking player.)

Sad news - sorry to hear that. Dog's are family.

Hopeful about this one, whilst he wasn't a starter for Juve, he still got plenty of game time and you have to be decent for that happen, especially in recent years.

And as Les says, this is a guy who just played in the Champions League final. He might have more trophies won than our whole squad put together.

Welcome Mario!

One of my early memories on this forum... During match threads when you used to threaten to "kick the dog" if Saints conceded...... The LOLs from 10 years ago

Sorry for your loss buddy

Les Reed went to Europe

To buy a Ford Cortina

Instead he bought a midfield man

He calls himself Lemina

He passes to his left, he passes to his right

And if he ever scores a goal

We'll sing this song all night.

(Work in progress. I'll get my coat)[emoji23]

Les Reed went to Europe

To ski some at Cortina

or

To buy some Fontina *

Any more er.. improvements? ;-)

*a cheese also occasionally available in Lidl

Italy, the home of The Ford Cortina.

Named after the Dolomite ski resort, Cortina d'Ampezzo.

Perhaps he should leave out the car resort, and stress that.

"Les Read went to Italy,

Ski-ing in Cortina.."

But why would he be shopping for midfield players when he could be spending all day pounding the slopes?

I'm confused.

MarioLemina_13

MarioLemina_13 @LeminaM_13

·

2h

Heureux de rejoindre le @SouthamptonFC pour 5 ans.

If my French is correct, he has tweeted 'Happy to join Southampton for 5 years'

Let's see if he is actually here for 5 years :lol: :lol:

Nice, good news! When that tweet came in and it was ''@LeminaM_13 on a''....i read it quickly and thought for a second it was a 13 year contract...! I thought we'd gone fully mental for a second.

5 year is sound though.

Same here!

Glad we got this one over the line before the end of the week. I'm guessing we'll see him about 75 minutes in on Saturday.

lets not talk length of contracts shall we ? Not at the moment, it's all to raw :lol:

Made me chuckle. Good news signing - everyone needed a lift after the "Coq au Van Diik" saga and Mr Mario Lemina looks like the midfielder we've needed for ages. Let's hope he can play!

"Les Read went to Italy,

Ski-ing in Cortina.."

But why would he be shopping for midfield players when he could be spending all day pounding the slopes?

I'm confused.

That'll teach me to make clever d1ck comments. Apologies to Shroppie for ridiculing his lyrics.

Sorry for your loss. All the best moving forward :thumbup:

Sad news - sorry to hear that. Dog's are family.

Sorry for your loss SNSUN, we had our Golden Retriever put to sleep in July 1994 and we still talk

about him.

One of my early memories on this forum... During match threads when you used to threaten to "kick the dog" if Saints conceded...... The LOLs from 10 years ago

Sorry for your loss buddy

I vaguely remember a parrot too!?!

Thanks all. Hit my Dad (69yo) hardest.

Yeah it was the parrot that gets the kicking. There's two of the buggers now. :rolleyes:

On topic, was Pellegrino bluffing the other day when he played down the Lemina transfer? Or did he not know about it? :suspicious:

On topic, was Pellegrino bluffing the other day when he played down the Lemina transfer? Or did he not know about it? :suspicious:

Pretty obvious he was bluffing I'd have though, there's no way a manager wouldn't have heard about a player who's name is all over the press as signing.

Also in that video MP says, "welcome, NOW I can say it," or words to that effect. Suggests to me they had been in contact for a while previously.

"Les Read went to Italy,

Ski-ing in Cortina.."

I'm confused.

A lot doesn't add up. Do we know if he ever got a Lamborghini or any similar sports car?

Les Reed went to Europe

To ski some at Cortina

or

To buy some Fontina *

I did consider "to buy some semolina" [emoji3][emoji3]

Pretty obvious he was bluffing I'd have though, there's no way a manager wouldn't have heard about a player who's name is all over the press as signing.

Also in that video MP says, "welcome, NOW I can say it," or words to that effect. Suggests to me they had been in contact for a while previously.

In his interview, Lemina mentions having talked to the manager and being impressed. (Obviously only after proper contact and agreement. [emoji6])

Les Reed went to Europe

To ski some at Cortina

or

To buy some Fontina *

Les Reed to Fords in Swaythling to buy a Cortina, is that it.....oh they did Transits there

Interesting signing as it reveals quite how little I know about what goes on behind the scenes.

My assumption was that the board considered Davis, and then PEH/Clasie capable of being the starting partner alongside Romeu in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with no need to seek additional transfers.

I had hoped they would strengthen central midfield but Reed's comments last year didn't give me a lot of hope.

But it seems the board was largely on the same page - not wholly convinced by PEH/Clasie and planning for the future with Davis departure.

I wouldn't be surprised to see additional transfers now.

That gives me a lot more confidence about the board than I had before.

Interesting signing as it reveals quite how little I know about what goes on behind the scenes.

My assumption was that the board considered Davis, and then PEH/Clasie capable of being the starting partner alongside Romeu in a 4-2-3-1 formation, with no need to seek additional transfers.

I had hoped they would strengthen central midfield but Reed's comments last year didn't give me a lot of hope.

But it seems the board was largely on the same page - not wholly convinced by PEH/Clasie and planning for the future with Davis departure.

I wouldn't be surprised to see additional transfers now.

That gives me a lot more confidence about the board than I had before.

They have said that largely concludes our business, but I'm hoping that's a smokescreen to stop prices of players, especially CBs, going up because we're known to be in the market.

I'm hoping for a decent CB, good backup keeper to challenge FF and maybe the loan (with option to buy) of a young AM that's been hinted at.

With Clasie and Gardos leaving if there's interest.

They have said that largely concludes our business, but I'm hoping that's a smokescreen to stop prices of players, especially CBs, going up because we're known to be in the market.

I'm hoping for a decent CB, good backup keeper to challenge FF and maybe the loan (with option to buy) of a young AM that's been hinted at.

With Clasie and Gardos leaving if there's interest.

We have 26 to fill 25 positions, so to buy, we have to sell. Simples! don't get your hopes to high.

We have 26 to fill 25 positions, so to buy, we have to sell. Simples! don't get your hopes to high.
I did say hoping, not expecting. I think the CB will only happen if VVD leaves, and I now don't think he will, and somehow he will have to get back to playing.

Under 21 players under certain conditions do not have to be 'registered' so itll be interesting to see what the actual 25 looks like but basically it means we don't 'have' to sell to bring players in.

There'll be a couple more loans and at the very least Clasie will leave too

After signing hoj and lemina im thinking We now seem to have a different mould of players on our radar. Under utilized 20-25 year olds who moved to big clubs too soon and who are open to move inorder to prove themselves and probably move to another big club where they'll be certain starters in a couple of seasons.

Which IMO is an exellent model because they are more likely to succeed than young players from unknown leagues and clubs. And their price isnt too astronomical and neither is their wages. Plus when they do move on from us they'll move for some nonsensical prices. For example if and when lemina starts tearing up the pl in the next couple of seasons we are defo getting 70mil + for him. Rinse and repeat until we change our model again if we get some actual investment and we start offering 100k+ wages and we win a couple of silverwares.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice