Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice

Heisenberg

Murray Groves (football management person) has tweeted that the medical is at 10.30 tomorrow morning. Don't know how reliable the guy is but it's quite specific information to be making up!!

It is a fake account, he is a complete bull****ter.

Describes himself as "reputable" in his bio... shouldn't that be for others to decide rather than yourself?

Describes himself as "reputable" in his bio... shouldn't that be for others to decide rather than yourself?

Blimey! He has an awful lot of followers for a fake account! Who the hell is he then?! Sad, for starters....

Interesting quote from what is presumably a Juve fan on a Guardian article about the transfer...

"When Juve signed him from Marseille, the latter were flat broke and desperate to sell. Weirdly, there had been rumours of teams like Liverpool being prepared to pay much more, but they came to nothing. He'd have played more last year, but Juve changed from 3-5-3 to 4-2-3-1 and he found it hard to secure a spot against Pjanic, Khedira and Marchisio, mostly subbing on for Cuadrado on the right wing. His best position is more defensive, or box-to-box though; I'd guess the right side of a three-man middle. If he were English and had played more, you'd be paying twice this price. He's tenacious and versatile but also surprisingly technically accomplished, with a goal-of-the-month every season. We'll miss him and you'll like him"

First few lines in response to a comment about his value having doubled in a year in spite of lack of starts/etc. Should note that there are less than flattering opinions of him too :D

Edited by Donatello

This one does look like getting over the line, no?

In fairness we've only known about it for a day. If we do get it done, this is reminiscent of last season's Hojbjerg signing.

(Which shows that you can do business with massive clubs and still keep it quiet if you want to).

Interesting quote from what is presumably a Juve fan on a Guardian article about the transfer...

"When Juve signed him from Marseille, the latter were flat broke and desperate to sell. Weirdly, there had been rumours of teams like Liverpool being prepared to pay much more, but they came to nothing. He'd have played more last year, but Juve changed from 3-5-3 to 4-2-3-1 and he found it hard to secure a spot against Pjanic, Khedira and Marchisio, mostly subbing on for Cuadrado on the right wing. His best position is more defensive, or box-to-box though; I'd guess the right side of a three-man middle. If he were English and had played more, you'd be paying twice this price. He's tenacious and versatile but also surprisingly technically accomplished, with a goal-of-the-month every season. We'll miss him and you'll like him"

YES! - We'll take him please!

He certainly is. I disputed something he tweeted me once and he sent me a load of abuse via private message. He's a complete waste of space like other ITK's :lol:

after watching a lot of videos and reading a lot of juve fans opinion i think what we can expect from lemina is a player with a good burst of acceleration and and a good engine, doesnt seem to be good with decision making or a great passer of the ball, and basicly more suited as a box to box player.

whilst he does seem to have some downsides i think he will give us some physicality and mobility what we severely lack in our midfield, and hes still pretty young and could turn into a great player in a team where he gets a lot of game time

after watching a lot of videos and reading a lot of juve fans opinion i think what we can expect from lemina is a player with a good burst of acceleration and and a good engine, doesnt seem to be good with decision making or a great passer of the ball, and basicly more suited as a box to box player.

whilst he does seem to have some downsides i think he will give us some physicality and mobility what we severely lack in our midfield, and hes still pretty young and could turn into a great player in a team where he gets a lot of game time

He had a 90% passing accuracy in Serie A last season.

In fairness this is because he recognises that it's not his strong suit so mainly plays short, safe passes without getting massively adventurous
Short safe passes that are not adventurous .

Should fit in well then [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Because Wanyama sweetly struck 65-yard passes with pinpoint accuracy.

You don't see Kante play too many passes over 20 yards.

The job of players of this ilk is to win the ball, and having won it, retain possession with a simple pass to somebody wearing the same shirt as him.

Alan Ball mastered that did that make him a bad player? Steven Davis does that and links it , Jack Cork when he was here.

Lemina looks to be box to box do we have one of those?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The Gabonese Jake Livermore then?

With the rest of the Juventus squad?

Edit - they played on Sat so if he came on his own afterwards then he's clearly signing for someone.

Or is very bad at deadlines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the rest of the Juventus squad?

Edit - they played on Sat so if he came on his own afterwards then he's clearly signing for someone.

He didn't play for Juve on Saturday, apart from that I couldn't say.

NB. They weren't very good, Spurs could have scored a shedload, still it was only a friendly, come their Championship and the ECL they'll be far better.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/juventus-visite-mediche-in-corso-con-il-southampton-per-lemina-i-dettagli

Medical examinations in progress with Southampton for Mario Lemina after leaving for Italy in the summer of 2015, leaves Juventus. The father will also come from Gabon during the day and tomorrow is scheduled to be defective. Confirmed the figures: the Bianconeri will go 18 million plus 2 of the bonus.

The Gabonese Jake Livermore then?

Jake Livermore is not quick, or strong, or good in the air nor can he dribble.

This guy sounds like a Morgan to me, probably trading some technique for more physicality, like a box to box wanyama

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/juventus-visite-mediche-in-corso-con-il-southampton-per-lemina-i-dettagli

Medical examinations in progress with Southampton for Mario Lemina after leaving for Italy in the summer of 2015, leaves Juventus. The father will also come from Gabon during the day and tomorrow is scheduled to be defective. Confirmed the figures: the Bianconeri will go 18 million plus 2 of the bonus.

That was a bit worrying, it should actually read (froim the English page of the same site) "His father will arrive from Gabon today and by tomorrow the deal will be official."

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/juventus-lemina-having-his-medicals-with-southampton-the-figures

• Lighthouse changed the title to Mario Lemina - Official: Signs for Nice