Wesley Hoedt

St Chalet

Uncle Les has been an animal this window.

I'll be honest i'm not expecting anyone else, but if we should get a striker/attacking player in now this will have gone from what some were calling an awful window to potentially the best one we've had since coming back up.

I'll be honest i'm not expecting anyone else, but if we should get a striker/attacking player in now this will have gone from what some were calling an awful window to potentially the best one we've had since coming back up.

I'm hoping for one other player, probably an attacked. I'm just not confident we'll get him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said this earlier, would mean we can go to two up top and see how Austin/Gabbi work together...however seems a bit less likely with Gallagher out on loan now.

------------------Forster

--------Stephens--VVD--Hoedt

Cedric---------------------------Bertrand

-------------Lemina----Romeu

--------------------JWP

------------Austin-------Gabbi

There is a LOT missing out of that team though...can't see us not using Redmond, Tadic, Davis, Boufal all at the same time.

Honestly think that team would play to our strengths though - and if Bertrand really is going to put in minimal effort, means we can sell him for a nice chunk and use Targett or McQueen in the more advanced role they have performed better in.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 at the back, with either 2 up top and 1 behind, or 1 up top with 2 supporting like Chelsea. If we use 2 up top Redmond gives us another option.

Either way, a good signing.

I'm hoping for one other player, probably an attacked. I'm just not confident we'll get him

Who are you referring too then Ericb? Any clues? I see we have been linked with the Porto attacker Aboudokar (scored a hat trick last night for Porto). Yann Karamoh has been mentioned before.

Certainly looks a good player. The youtube (ok I know even Steve De Ridder can look a world beater on there) clip of his long range cross field passing looks outstanding.

If he lives up to expectation then signing him for £15m looks a great bit of a bargain. Wouldn't mind if we sold VD for £65/70m, but not to L/pool (or Everton).

Let's not get too carried away, Lazio fans rated him as a back up, 3rd choice centre-back and they finished 5th last year and 8th the year before, in what is probably a less strong league. What's good is he's 23 so hopefully can improve and obviously brings more physicality at the back winning more headers.

Interesting to see if we get more attacking player in.

Been a while (thankfully for some lol) but we are not getting Hoedt or anyone in the next two weeks.

Wish I was wrong.

And mega concerned about our new owners.

See you laters.

Imagine if we did sign Hoedt, it would be pretty embarrassing for you.

Why is it a surprise? You really are a thick ****. Read the opening line of my message. 'I HOPE I'M WRONG'.

Really pleased that we got this signing over the line.

I'm pleased to report that you were totally wrong. I'm very glad that this was what you always hoped for. Sweet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 3 at the back, with either 2 up top and 1 behind, or 1 up top with 2 supporting like Chelsea. If we use 2 up top Redmond gives us another option.

Either way, a good signing.

Wasn't the view from the Lazio fans that he wasn't great at playing as part of a back three because of his lack of pace?

Seeing as I hadn't even heard of him 10 days ago, I'm going to wait until I see him play before deciding if this is a good signing. I'll also wait until 1st September before going weak at the knees over our back 4.

Agreed. Similar to Lemina, bags of potential and the right type of player for us, but still big expectations for a player that hasn't actually played that much in their career yet.

Seems a very good addition to the squad. What an unexpectedly good window it's been so far. All we need now is to offload JWP on loan, or preferably on a permanent (unlikely anyone would want him though) and it'll be a near perfect summer.
1/10

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Him and Van Dijk will be a ****ing force I'm telling you. Great signing.

Where's alpine?

Sorry, distracted by one of kids being in hospital.

Glad we completed. Looks a good signing. Good defence again if we keep Chelsea away from Cedric, Ryan and VVD until 31st. Feel a bit for Yoshi. Stephens has plenty of time.

Attack still needs a kick in pants; Gallagher replacement ?

Why is it a surprise? You really are a thick ****. Read the opening line of my message. 'I HOPE I'M WRONG'.

Really pleased that we got this signing over the line.

You'll have to keep your "THIS IS WHAT I FEARED WOULD HAPPEN" routine for another day, petal.

Just cannot understand if he is the Dogs Bollix why he cant get into the Lazio team and nobody else wants him £15m seems cheap if he is as good as people say.

It really would be great if he does develop into a top class CB but at the moment it seems too good to be true as it seems to be a really excellent signing

So who is going to make way for him Yoshi or Stephens or will VVD be back after the International break I doubt he will be a starter against Huddersfield

nobody else wants him

It's a valid concern but recent history tells us we're quite successful at turning relatively unknown players, that no one else is seemingly in for, into quality 'big club' players. (and, yes, we've had some misses as well as hits too, but we're never going to get a 100% strike rate)

Just cannot understand if he is the Dogs Bollix why he cant get into the Lazio team and nobody else wants him £15m seems cheap if he is as good as people say.

It really would be great if he does develop into a top class CB but at the moment it seems too good to be true as it seems to be a really excellent signing

So who is going to make way for him Yoshi or Stephens or will VVD be back after the International break I doubt he will be a starter against Huddersfield

Both Bertrand and Romeu weren't good enough for Chelsea when they came. We recognised the potential.

And I believe other clubs were in for Wesley.

Both Bertrand and Romeu weren't good enough for Chelsea when they came. We recognised the potential.

And I believe other clubs were in for Wesley.

to be fair, using chelsea as an example is weird

De Bruyne and lukaku were not good enough for chelsea not that long ago.

Sorry, distracted by one of kids being in hospital.

Glad we completed. Looks a good signing. Good defence again if we keep Chelsea away from Cedric, Ryan and VVD until 31st. Feel a bit for Yoshi. Stephens has plenty of time.

Attack still needs a kick in pants; Gallagher replacement ?

Hope the little one is ok alps.

It's a valid concern but recent history tells us we're quite successful at turning relatively unknown players, that no one else is seemingly in for, into quality 'big club' players. (and, yes, we've had some misses as well as hits too, but we're never going to get a 100% strike rate)

Don't get me wrong I think he is a great signing but it just seems too good to be true or maybe I have been brain washed by some of the knobs on here that Les Reed and his team are pretty crap and will never bring in any decent players.

I get the impression he is pretty ambitious and wants to prove himself before moving on but that is only based on what he has said in the media in short interviews

Was posted somewhere on here, that we have been following him for three years now, same for Lemina, if true, one would hope that we have done the homework.

we said that about Classie. Still, it beats signing them based on an agents recommendation.

Don't get me wrong I think he is a great signing but it just seems too good to be true or maybe I have been brain washed by some of the knobs on here that Les Reed and his team are pretty crap and will never bring in any decent players.

I get the impression he is pretty ambitious and wants to prove himself before moving on but that is only based on what he has said in the media in short interviews

But don't they all declare how ambitious they are? And don't we actually want players with drive and ambition? Sure it means that some will believe that ambition can only ultimately be served by getting a move higher up the food chain, but for some it will be satisfied by achieving things with Saints and International recognition.

You may say I'm a dreamer.......

Lazio already have one of the main dutch CB's on their books - De Vrij, but he wasn't really backup for them in my eyes. He played around 25/26 games last year and started to form a decent partnership with De Vrij, both internationally and domestically. He was seen as a growing prospect who would become their nailed on first choice within time, but he wanted guaranteed game time right now - which is why Lazio have reluctantly allowed him to leave. By all accounts, he wasn't seen as surplus to requirements there - quite the opposite, it's just that he wanted a new experience.

Lazio already have one of the main dutch CB's on their books - De Vrij, but he wasn't really backup for them in my eyes. He played around 25/26 games last year and started to form a decent partnership with De Vrij, both internationally and domestically. He was seen as a growing prospect who would become their nailed on first choice within time, but he wanted guaranteed game time right now - which is why Lazio have reluctantly allowed him to leave. By all accounts, he wasn't seen as surplus to requirements there - quite the opposite, it's just that he wanted a new experience.

Plus, like a lot of Serie A teams, they need to sell to balance the books. It's an area where they are currently well served. A willing seller, a willing buyer, and a willing player.

...and then Saints are the perfect next step for a player like that. Premier League top 10, strong competition, and a team that really has a need for what he has to give. He'll want to move on eventually. Which is fine by me.