Wesley Hoedt

St Chalet

On 23/09/2020 at 14:08, SuperSAINT said:

Last I read, we get a Loan fee and pay half his 60k p/week wages.

#TheUnsellables

why would you get a loan fee if you are still having to pay half his wages? Surely you'd just get Lazio to pay a greater percentage of his wages? Doesn't make sense, unless their is some sort of tax reason I am unaware of?

Apologies if this comment appears twice - submitted it a couple of hours ago, but it has "disappeared" unless it was deleted for some reason.

Bambi on Ice! I hope Hoedt's medical doesn't include his footballing brain, or his basic ability to coordinate limb movements.......Oh, wait a minute......Hi Lazio, yeh you've got a great player there. We've also got this chap Carrillo, an absolute "goal machine"......oh, and how are you off for goalkeepers?

12 hours ago, CamSaint said:

Wonder if he tested positive for Covid? He could have had a test before he left yesterday and the result came through today or could have had a 'quick response' test this morning before the medical?

More than likely, would seem a bit strange to 'big him up' on their social media to then not want him.

20 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

They watched our game Saturday and thought, fuck me if he can’t get a game for them, he must be awful. 

I thought our CBs played pretty well on Saturday, Vestergaard looked like the player we thought we bought.

Edited by waylander
typo

16 minutes ago, waylander said:

I thought our CBs played pretty well on Saturday, Vestergaard looked liek the player we thought we bought.

He's made for those sort of games against those sorts of CF's.

The problem is when you put him up against movement and pace, that's when you see his real limitations and why he'll never be a regular for us.

• Like 1

On 27/09/2020 at 03:40, waylander said:

I thought our CBs played pretty well on Saturday, Vestergaard looked like the player we thought we bought.

Eh, he did okay, but still seemed to want to win headers against Wood by leaning towards the ball rather than jumping. He's a better option than Stephens in that situation, but only just.

11 hours ago, John D said:

Would he be in quarantine having entered from the UK?  No idea what rules are in Italy and can't be arsed to Google it!

not directly from UK. If he was coming from some places in the EU he'd just have to take a test. Only if he came from Romania, Brazil...would he need to isolate for 14 days.

Edited by Chez

3 hours ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

I've heard Wesley is currently wandering around Lazio's training facility looking for the chap that does the medicals but once again he's lost his man...

Perhaps it was Roma who made the actual bid, he’s just a few miles out of position.

• Haha 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Wesley Hoedt - Official: Loan to Lazio + Option
  • Lighthouse pinned this topic
  • Lighthouse unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

Les Reed was the figurehead for the entire process, and perhaps took credit for some of " Mitchell's signings"

after PM  left...it seemed like Reed just passed over responsibility to Wilson, because the standard of recruits was poor

not to mention the size of some of the fees we paid out.   Wilson was out of his depth and OK'd some very poor choices.

Hoedt was a bad choice.  Bednarek was better AND cost only one  third of Hoedt's fee.

I think I'd give Claude Puel his share of the blame ...for letting Jose Fonte go ..because he thought VvD could take over that role.

Two weeks later Jamie Vardy crocked Van Dijk and we lost him for 6 months...(Liverpool have the same problem now).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Koeman joined in summer 2014

Wilson joined in March 2015

van Dijk joined in summer 2015

Koeman left in summer 2016

I don't think Wilson would dare to take credit for signing VvD. 

IIRC. .Saints were only one of several Prem. club who had watched him at Celtic, but most thought.. " he wouldn't make it in the Prem ."

otherwise I'm sure they would have bid for him long before we did.   Koeman bought 8 players in his first season , and most of them

were his (Dutch) choices and not necessarily those on any club list, although I'm sure we knew about them. 

Puel's main contribution to the squad ...was to sign Boufal. 

On 19/10/2020 at 00:24, Suhari said:

Which does make me smirk. How does Boufal fit in any way with Puels approach to footie?!

Most managers like the idea of .......signing someone they know of ...or, who had played for them ....or they tried to sign before... 

Many times it's a disaster ... Pochettino signed Osvaldo ..  and Carrillo persuaded us to sign Carrillo....(!)

Koeman did a great job with his " Dutch" signings ... (not all Dutch)  but he knew them from their time in Holland....

but Puel (in interview) said that he knew of  Boufal from the French league and was glad to have him in the Saints side....

I'm just glad that Mark Hughes wasn't with us long enough for him to be allowed to sign some of his " veterans " ...

On 20/10/2020 at 18:02, Ted Bates Statue said:

I recall Danny Ings was classified as a Mark Hughes panic buy, back when we were all speculating as to how we could wriggle out of the obligation to buy.

Yep. And I thought he was an expensive, crappy signing that we should never have made.

I may have been somewhat mistaken.

• 1 month later...

Is he actually not that bad? Can't say I've watched any Lazio games but he's obviously played a load of matches, including Champions League, so must be doing something right. Played against Dortmund the other day and they only let in one. 

On the bench today by the looks of it.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Wesley Hoedt