Alex McCarthy

Heisenberg

58 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Never really understood why the players don't pay the agents anyway, they are working for them after all! 😉 Think if it was that way around a lot of players might just start pushing the agents percentage down. 😅

The agents usually get paid by both parties unless otherwise agreed.

On 01/04/2022 at 15:26, Whitey Grandad said:

The agents usually get paid by both parties unless otherwise agreed.

Dont they often also get a cut of a players salary as well? I'm sure i read somewhere a while back that they have their fingers in lots of pies, cut of signing on bonuses, contract negotiations, sponsorship deals, then a percentage of the players wages. I guess it's not a huge amount of difference to using a recruitment agency for contract staff, just significantly higher amounts of money changing hands.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Another game, another four conceded. 😂

Whether today is on him or not he is utter shit, the least commanding goalkeeper I have ever seen, even Angus Gunn opened his mouth once in a while.

Just leave.

And Sports Republic - BUY A NEW KEEPER. 👍🏻

Edited by FarehamSaintJames
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

McCarthy is fine as a number 2.

He made a good save from Vardy's initial shot before they scored from the rebound btw. Not sure he can be blamed really today.

I agree. Nothing he could have done with the goals to be honest. 

I'm sure he'll be our back up keeper next season, maybe not straight away but for the majority of the season he'll be on the bench.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

If true than absolutely mental we gave him a new contract. So much facepalming. I am quite concerned that we don't have the level of cash that we were led to believe we had after this takeover. 

Are you saying selling McCarthy worries you about money after they've just spent £58.5m?

The McCarthy contract predates the Sport Republic takeover so not a reflection on them.

2 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Dan Sheldon report Macca could leave with Prem interest 

There was talk about Lis moving on loan, and our 3 keepers being McCarthy, Bazunu and Willy - but apparently Lis doesn't want to leave on loan, so maybe we still need to shift one of the keepers - would make sense to shift McCarthy as it would save us a bit on wages. Getting £1-2.5m for him is a win in my books, just so we don't have the risk of him playing in goal.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Are you saying selling McCarthy worries you about money after they've just spent £58.5m?

The McCarthy contract predates the Sport Republic takeover so not a reflection on them.

It also made sense to give him another contract on the basis of that if we decided against using him as back up at least he then still has a reasonable resale value rather than walking on a free. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Really muddled thinking going on. Makes the decision to renew him seem odd. Equally once renewed the decision to sign Lis seems very odd.

Unless we realised the mistake and thought we could move McCarthy on for a fee and not let him go for free? Getting ready for a big £2m in the bank!!! 

1 minute ago, Baird of the land said:

I'd be amazed if we manage to find anyone willing to give us a fee for him.

English squad keepers might help make up the homegrown quota.  There’s normally a market for older, English (cheaper) keepers.

32 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

I'd be amazed if we manage to find anyone willing to give us a fee for him.

I was trying to work out where he might go. Forest have Henderson, Fulham have just got Leno & Bournemouth have just signed Netto on a free (presumably as back-up). The only place I thought he might get a chance of first team football is Leicester, but surely they wouldn't come knocking again, would they.........?

Other than that, I guess it would be bench warming for a club who would pay more than we are but I have no idea who that might be.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, CamSaint said:

I was trying to work out where he might go. Forest have Henderson, Fulham have just got Leno & Bournemouth have just signed Netto on a free (presumably as back-up). The only place I thought he might get a chance of first team football is Leicester, but surely they wouldn't come knocking again, would they.........?

Other than that, I guess it would be bench warming for a club who would pay more than we are but I have no idea who that might be.

I do now remember a link to Leicester, the talk is that they wanted a new keeper to replace Kasper - but that new keeper would be more rotational/more backup, as they're looking at Danny Ward to be the new number 1.

Given that Brendon seems to love shopping here so much, maybe we can do a special deal and include Bednarek as well? Buy 1, get one free.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

We have not spent £58.5m.

3 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

I do now remember a link to Leicester, the talk is that they wanted a new keeper to replace Kasper - but that new keeper would be more rotational/more backup, as they're looking at Danny Ward to be the new number 1.

Given that Brendon seems to love shopping here so much, maybe we can do a special deal and include Bednarek as well? Buy 1, get one free.

I'd be surprised if they signed him to be back up keeper, but who knows. 

3 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

That is the total of the deals. Of course they are paid in installments and with extras. But how else should we total up the figure?

...the price we are paying (and even that's only according to press reports, not official sources), not the price we may pay should some sort of stat or achievement be reached, none of which you have a clue about.

I heard that Munich pay LFC a million if Mane wins the balon d'or a couple of times. Do you think that million should be included in the total Munich paid for Mane? 

If you want to continue to quote a total figure, maybe use `£46m plus add ons'. 

Edited by Chez

3 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

That is the total of the deals. Of course they are paid in installments and with extras. But how else should we total up the figure?

Similar to how they'll be accounted for...

Payments actually made

Installments definitely due

Potential liabilities. 

It ain't difficult to comprehend. 

36 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

Not quite sure why the club extended Big Willy’s contract if Lis is going to be number 3. Maybe they’re trying Lis out before the window slams shut, will keep him if he looks up to it and look to loan out if not. 

why did we sign Lis full stop?

• 11 months later...

Does his absence from a couple of recent friendlies give encouragement that he might actually be off? Or is his poor injury record carrying on from last season.

This guy belongs in ‘Defectors Watch’, please. Then bring in some real competition for Gavin.

5 hours ago, goodymatt said:

Does his absence from a couple of recent friendlies give encouragement that he might actually be off? Or is his poor injury record carrying on from last season.

This guy belongs in ‘Defectors Watch’, please. Then bring in some real competition for Gavin.

This guy shouldn’t be a footballer.

• Like 1