Guido Carrillo - Official: Free Transfer to Elche

Mr X

Did we do any research what so ever this poor excuse of a footballer!!!!!!

Gabbiadini is so obviously twice the footballer that that poor poor player is...

Pellegrino is a complete waste of space. WHY did we buy him and worse still HOW does he get picked over Gabbiadini ????

Did we do any research what so ever this poor excuse of a footballer!!!!!!

Gabbiadini is so obviously twice the footballer that that poor poor player is...

Pellegrino is a complete waste of space. WHY did we buy him and worse still HOW does he get picked over Gabbiadini ????

Hard to judge this lad yet, could have Kane up front but with no chances being created its hard work.

Agree, but still have a feeling he'd be **** in a team that created a lot of chances. What is it, 9-10 games now and still no goals. He has been starved of service, anyone playing up front in a Pellegrino team would have to accept that, but he has had some chances and he hasn't scored. The best bit is Pellegrino must have convinced the board that all he needed for his system to work is a red hot striker to convert the limited opportunities that his robust defensive system produces and that Carillo was that striker. :mcinnes:

Still of the belief that we've been sold a machine without the power. He needs pace and trickery in and around him - close to him. We missed the oppertunity to sort that in January, so he was always going to be a bit of a blunt signing. We signed half of what we needed, basically. (Although some may correctly argue that we neglected the CB area too)

Still of the belief that we've been sold a machine without the power. He needs pace and trickery in and around him - close to him. We missed the oppertunity to sort that in January, so he was always going to be a bit of a blunt signing. We signed half of what we needed, basically. (Although some may correctly argue that we neglected the CB area too)

I would not even say he is anything that we need. What does he do? Every defender he has faced has generally had the better of him. His goal record is terrible also despite best efforts on here to make out it is decent

He is our most expensive player in history

I would not even say he is anything that we need. What does he do? Every defender he has faced has generally had the better of him. His goal record is terrible also despite best efforts on here to make out it is decent

He is our most expensive player in history

To be honest I did expect him to offer a bit more physically.

Has he had a clear scoring chance yet?

Thats as much on him as the other players, right? Haven't seen any great runs either. Like I said with a team that is noticeably better than the competition, that continually feeds him good chances in the box, I bet he scores some. If he has to make his own chances and create his own space, then he's invisible. He isn't going to help us stay up, but in the Championship he'd be a serviceable striker.

Austin 6 goals (599 minutes)

Carrillo 0 goals (445 minutes)

still incredible to think Austin is the leading goal scorer on the team.

Redmond 0 goals (1646 minutes)

Lemina 1 goal (1497 minutes)

Boufal 2 goals (1192 minutes)

Tadic 3 goals (2130 minutes)

Difficult when he is half in the pocket of who ever is marking him

This is the crux of it. It’s a piece of **** for two centre halves to take the ball off a single centre forward. It’s what my dad used to call two-ing him, one makes the challenge and the other picks up the loose ball.

I feel like carrillo is how the average man would play as a footballer at the top level.

run around like a headless chicken chasing the ball.

no pace, not strong enough to win a header, haven't seen anything to suggest the guy can shoot, poor feet to even beat a man and most importantly- NO football brain to make the space which you need at this level.

He is sh*te and I genuinely think I could have spent £19m better.

okay, maybe harsh on him but- I will say this- put it this way- I would rather we never spent money on this guy and used Gabbiadini, Long and Obafemi for rest of season.

a lucky assist against west brom doesn't do enough.

Edited by nta786

So far I've yet to see anything Sam Gallagher might not have offered us.

Fortunately though Gallagher has spent the past two seasons playing out relegation battles in the Championship which will stand him in good stead for us next season.Great foresight and planning Les.

How can you pass judgement, one way or the other, on a striker who has no support and no real supply of decent passes?

Because he is so obviously bloody hopeless. No football brain what so ever ....

Gabbiadini is sooo much better, Its a crime that Gabbiadini is not picked in favour of Carillo ....

Because he is so obviously bloody hopeless. No football brain what so ever ......

He's not "bloody hopeless". He was tidy , brave and held the ball up pretty well yesterday. He suffers because he hasn't got the pace to work the channels or get in behind and he's not quite used to the physical nature of the league. Arsenal signed a 50 million player from France and he's struggling, it does happen. Anyone would struggle up front alone in our side at the moment. To say he "lacks a football brain" says more about you and your inflated opinion of your football knowledge than his brain. Such a lazy, unmeasurable criticism . I've seen nothing to suggest he's any more lacking in that department than any other of our players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not "bloody hopeless". He was tidy , brave and held the ball up pretty well yesterday. He suffers because he hasn't got the pace to work the channels or get in behind and he's not quite used to the physical nature of the league. Arsenal signed a 50 million player from France and he's struggling, it does happen. Anyone would struggle up front alone in our side at the moment. To say he "lacks a football brain" says more about you and your inflated opinion of your football knowledge than his brain. Such a lazy, unmeasurable criticism . I've seen nothing to suggest he's any more lacking in that department than any other of our players.

How many goals do you think he will score for saints before he is moved on?

Here's some verifiable numbers for you then:

At 6.2 he's won less than 36% of all headers, he's had exactly 11 shots on target and missed half of them. Nothing sticks to him so he's an absolute shambles of a target man which means we have both no defensive out or an attacking out. He has one assist (which I still think was a bloody fluke because he just ballooned it up in the air and it was more to do with Tadic than Carrillo) and crucially, he's scored **** all. He's absolutely bang average and at 20mil he's actually ****ing awful. He's literally no better than Long (in fact worse over the course of his career and that's in arguable worse leagues) but the difference is we now have a 20mil deficit that could have gone on literally anyone else to do the same ****ty job.

He's toilet.

I agree he's hardly helped out by out incredibly ****e support structure, and he's by no means at fault for our predicament (as someone said above he hasn't caused it, but neither is he the solution) but don't go around pretending he's actually ok as a result because he isn't.

Sorry, forgot this absolute gem; he hasn't scored a goal with his feet in 2 years.

Edited by Greedyfly

At 6.2 he's won less than 36% of all headers, he's had exactly 11 shots on target and missed half of them. Nothing sticks to him so he's an absolute shambles of a target man which means we have both no defensive out or an attacking out. He has one assist (which I still think was a bloody fluke because he just ballooned it up in the air and it was more to do with Tadic than Carrillo) and crucially, he's scored **** all. He's absolutely bang average and at 20mil he's actually ****ing awful. He's literally no better than Long (in fact worse over the course of his career and that's in arguable worse leagues) but the difference is we now have a 20mil deficit that could have gone on literally anyone else to do the same ****ty job.

He's toilet.

I agree he's hardly helped out by out incredibly ****e support structure, and he's by no means at fault for our predicament (as someone said above he hasn't caused it, but neither is he the solution) but don't go around pretending he's actually ok as a result because he isn't.

Sorry, forgot this absolute gem; he hasn't scored a goal with his feet in 2 years.

Where did you get that 36% figure from - MLG was quoting a much higher figure.

He's toilet.

I agree he's hardly helped out by out incredible ****e support structure but don't go around pretending he's actually ok as a result because he isn't.

You forgot the Gabiaddini assist.

Its not about the players including Carillo, it is about the system and the way they are set out to play.

The guy is isolated up front as was Gabbiadini Long. Yes Austin scored but that is to do with his finishing abilities more than anything else he wasn t influencing the game as like the others he was isolated.

Included the cup assist but not the league, so fair enough. 2 assists.

And I agree in part, the whole team is a shambles and Carrillo is one part of that but then Austin pretty much had the same system and makes a mockery of the those excuses because a) he is influencing the game because he's scoring, and b) he's scoring, which is what we need.

Essentially, he's not been very good and anyone who looked at the signing a bit before we actually got him could see he was going to be a pal of Pellegrino's and nothing more. Certainly not a solution to our ever worsening plight.

Bottom line, system or not, he's been average, he is average and he's only ever going to be average. And that's being polite.

The worrying thing about him is that we seemingly bought him to provide physical presence and allow us to play the way we did with Lambert and Pelle, but he actually looks a bit of a powder puff. I could almost accept him not being a great technician or goalscorer if he was physically dominant and unsettled and bullied CBs all game, but he isn't that either.

He just seems depressingly mediocre at the moment, and despite the cynicism that usually surrounds transfers, £20m still buys you more than mediocrity if your scouts know what they're doing.