Jump to content
ecuk268

Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, SuperSAINT said:

I’ll take it. It’s not ideal, but let’s get it done.

Wonder if they are planning to announce Salisu and KWP same time as the sale of Hojbjerg to keep spirits up. I would be fine with it to be honest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Badger said:

Underpaid for Hojberg, overpaying for KWP. No one saw that coming did they ?

Really ? Hope you're proved right, but I don't see it as a bargain personally. 

£15m last year of contract, what did you expect?

 

£12m for a very promising LB, what did you expect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Toadhall Saint said:

£15m last year of contract, what did you expect?

 

£12m for a very promising LB, what did you expect?

Hojberg is a full international, c £20m, possibly £15plus KWP (although still light in my view).

KWP, no more than £10m for a player clearly surplus to requirements at spurs. In January £5m might have been closer to the mark.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Its 18 For Pierre, 15, Plus 3 in add ons.

KWP Is closer to 10 👍

If true that’s closer to what I was expecting. Everton might have offered £25m but it could have been spread over 4 windows. This is a lesser total amount but mostly up front which suits Ralph. Means we can move on a replacement he wants, McKennie or otherwise. We’ve tied up a player that did well on loan and suits Ralph’s system better than Jose’s, and PEH may suit Mourinho’s better. 

Hope Brendan comes in for Vest now for their Europa League campaign. Lemina who knows. Hoedt hopefully gone on a fee related to his outstanding wages. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

If true that’s closer to what I was expecting. Everton might have offered £25m but it could have been spread over 4 windows. This is a lesser total amount but mostly up front which suits Ralph. Means we can move on a replacement he wants, McKennie or otherwise. We’ve tied up a player that did well on loan and suits Ralph’s system better than Jose’s, and PEH may suit Mourinho’s better. 

Hope Brendan comes in for Vest now for their Europa League campaign. Lemina who knows. Hoedt hopefully gone on a fee related to his outstanding wages. 

And depending on whether Fulham win the Playoffs tonight, We could reach anywhere between 8/12 for Reed. And that will effectively pay for Mckennie. So we could break even on our transfer whilst having a stronger team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alex Crook has clearly forgotten to refresh his twitter feed before posting (for once) as he’s saying Saints still holding out for £25m, and Spurs want deal done by end of month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Badger said:

Hojberg is a full international, c £20m, possibly £15plus KWP (although still light in my view).

KWP, no more than £10m for a player clearly surplus to requirements at spurs. In January £5m might have been closer to the mark.

International or not he has less than a year on his contract. We could always say no and lose out in 11 months.

probably right about KWP in Jan but he has been pivotal since the restart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

KWP is going to cost us less than we sold Targett for, albeit Targett had a bit more experience i’d suggest he isn’t as highly rated as KWP has been at times in his career. If it’s £18mil for Hojbjerg as mentioned above I think it’s fairly decent considering we’ve very much got our hands tied - a player in his final year who’s made it clear as day that he only wants to go to one club! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the wedge said:

Way that reads makes it sound like it's come from the Spurs end, which probably means they're stating the lowest possible price for PEH and the full fat deal for KWP if all add-ons are achieved.

Would expect anything reported from the Saints end will be exactly vice versa (full fat for PEH, lowest price for KWP), so that deal will most likely be far better than that is made out to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Its 18 For Pierre, 15, Plus 3 in add ons.

KWP Is closer to 10 👍

This ties in with what I've heard as well 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not unhappy at this outcome. Welcome kwp!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like this one has turned out exactly how my contact said it would, I shared what I was allowed at the time. I’ll see if he’ll let me share who we have lined up as Hojbjergs replacement 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Its 18 For Pierre, 15, Plus 3 in add ons.

KWP Is closer to 10 👍

You just have to look who is releasing the figures to the press. It's Spurs, so reading between the lines, you might be able to get somewhere nearer the truth. With your figures, I am presuming that that is with some knowledge of things. Questions.....

 

1) Are the add ons easily achievable?

2) If not, is the difference between the two players closer to £5m than £3m? (presume it is).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Looks like this one has turned out exactly how my contact said it would, I shared what I was allowed at the time. I’ll see if he’ll let me share who we have lined up as Hojbjergs replacement 

My sources are telling me its either the lad currently out on loan at Fulham, the American fella or someone else. Will be interesting to see how close our respective contacts tally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Looks like this one has turned out exactly how my contact said it would, I shared what I was allowed at the time. I’ll see if he’ll let me share who we have lined up as Hojbjergs replacement 

Should be safe to share once it's mentioned in the papers. :badger:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forcing him to train with the kids has paid off big-style. We did get round to doing that, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, S-Clarke said:

Don't forget Brighton at home either, the first half was utter dross and an example of what has been served up at home all too often.

Yeh - accepted - I didn't see it, but followed it on here and remember the comments were pretty scathing in the first half. Improved greatly in the 2nd half didn't it? In quite a few games we were better in the 2nd half and I think a lot of that was fitness - we seemed to come back from lock down, fitter than almost all the other teams I watched over that period. Credit to all the staff and players who obviously worked hard on fitness in lock down. That's why we were still scoring in the 106th and 110th minutes of games. Anyway I've digressed from the PEH topic - apologies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Saint Keef said:

Yeh - accepted - I didn't see it, but followed it on here and remember the comments were pretty scathing in the first half. Improved greatly in the 2nd half didn't it? In quite a few games we were better in the 2nd half and I think a lot of that was fitness - we seemed to come back from lock down, fitter than almost all the other teams I watched over that period. Credit to all the staff and players who obviously worked hard on fitness in lock down. That's why we were still scoring in the 106th and 110th minutes of games. Anyway I've digressed from the PEH topic - apologies.

He played LB in the first half, less said about that the better!

2nd half we improved, but he still slowed us down I felt (lots of sideways and backwards, little penetration). I guess in a way that's not really his role, but you'd hope he could do a slightly better job of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, some people seem delighted to accept a situation where we just cave in to Levy's demands and sell PEH to Spurs on their terms. Maybe if it is laid out like this some will realise that it is not as simple as that...

Option 1: Sell PEH to Spurs for peanuts and pay over the odds for KWP; other transfer business - not a lot as we can't afford it having failed to get a decent fee for PEH.

Option 2: Sell PEH at the price that every other club is prepared to pay (£25m) and buy KWP for what he is worth now (probably £10m accepting that his value has appreciated as a result of his success for us during June/July); other transfer business - we have £15m to spend plus a little from our other successful transfer business, allowing us to contemplate signing either Salisu, McKennie, Rodriguez, Cash or whoever with that money.

OK - of course the truth is going to be somewhere in the middle, but let's be clear: the poorer the deal we achieve in selling PEH and bying KWP, the less likely we will be able to do much other transfer business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see us getting 25M for Hojberg given his length of contract and fact he seems to have decided that's only place he's willing to go.

Hopefully we can eke out a little more than 15M

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SaintJackoInHurworth said:

So, some people seem delighted to accept a situation where we just cave in to Levy's demands and sell PEH to Spurs on their terms. Maybe if it is laid out like this some will realise that it is not as simple as that...

Option 1: Sell PEH to Spurs for peanuts and pay over the odds for KWP; other transfer business - not a lot as we can't afford it having failed to get a decent fee for PEH.

Option 2: Sell PEH at the price that every other club is prepared to pay (£25m) and buy KWP for what he is worth now (probably £10m accepting that his value has appreciated as a result of his success for us during June/July); other transfer business - we have £15m to spend plus a little from our other successful transfer business, allowing us to contemplate signing either Salisu, McKennie, Rodriguez, Cash or whoever with that money.

OK - of course the truth is going to be somewhere in the middle, but let's be clear: the poorer the deal we achieve in selling PEH and bying KWP, the less likely we will be able to do much other transfer business.

Frankly think we're lucky they're not in for Ings to replace Kane, tbh. That would be far more damaging than losing Hoj, who is quite overrated in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As reported, looks an okay deal especially if there are add-ons for PEH. I would have hoped for KWP+6 or 7m. This seems about there. If, as other reports indicate, Saints playing hardball, we might get there or above it. Reasonable business overall it seems. Not stunning, but reasonable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a bit of perspective is needed. He's in his last year and isn't worth £25m nor £20m for that matter. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 If they are arguing over bonus payments, it looks close . I just hope we don't go for the inning the league and winning the champions league which goy us a few more million from Liverpool. As it is Spurs, we would be better of putting clauses in for reaching a semi-final, or qualifying for the Europa League. 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spurs don't want it to drag into September or even October (window closes 5th October). People say that Levy has us over a barrel, but this is one thing we can do to counter things, to drag it out. KWP will also be dragged out, so if he is our choice, then it is somewhat cutting our nose off to spite our face, that is unless Levy is demanding far too much for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spurs fans are so funny talking about Hojbjerg, they clearly haven't seen him. Many saying he'll allow 2 central midfielders to attack while he sits back. 

Sits back? All his best football for us has come as a 2 with both high energy players. I remember him being rubbish when asked to be a sole holding midfielder. 

Others saying he's technically better than what they have and scores more goals. Again, what?!

Good luck to him I guess but he's not even half the player Wanyama was for us and they didn't seem to rate him. 

Maybe he'll do well. But Jose has alienated a top player in Ndombele and now they'll have Hojbjerg instead 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

 

Maybe he'll do well. But Jose has alienated a top player in Ndombele and now they'll have Hojbjerg instead 😆

Ndombele alienated himself by being less fit than Charlie Austin. Bags of talent, but can barely do 30 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spurs will look like they have a good deal - but selling is just one half of it - who you buy is another. VVD at £75m looked a decent deal - until we effectively replaced the best CB in the world with a load of dirge still out on loan now without troubling our 1st team and on treble VVDs wages.

if it’s KWP plus a few million so be it - better than £25m to be pissed up the wall again, let’s just get it done, if KWP ends up at West Ham etc we’ve got a massive issue at right back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

 

Does this mean £25M? If so, that is a very good deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like we had an acceptable offer from Everton and were just giving Hojbjerg a choice between Everton or staying.

That made Spurs blink and match the offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Would be surprised if £25m, unless its the same £20m + £5m add ons that EFC supposedly agreed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, angelman said:

 

Would be surprised if £25m, unless its the same £20m + £5m add ons that EFC supposedly agreed. 

...but that is a deal worth £25m as it says. £20m up front sounds good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like it's probably not the full 25M, but Spurs aren't taking the piss at least.

Thanks Everton!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jimmy_D said:

Sounds like it's probably not the full 25M, but Spurs aren't taking the piss at least.

Thanks Everton!

Indeed, always admired their dugouts.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})