Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs

8 hours ago, Crab Lungs said:

One of the outgoing transfers in recent seasons I was delighted to see. And to get 15m for a Sunday league player, brilliant 😂

not quite evened up them giving us forecast, but it’s a start.

That's it, he'll be scoring the winner next game then! 🙃 Agree though, stunned that Spurs wanted him. He wasn't even part of our good run after lock down. 

19 hours ago, Crab Lungs said:

One of the outgoing transfers in recent seasons I was delighted to see. And to get 15m for a Sunday league player, brilliant 😂

not quite evened up them giving us forecast, but it’s a start.

Giving most of it back to them to sign KWP takes the gloss off of it though. 

After the Forecast shambles as well I think they're the ones who'll be using the laughing emojis longest unfortunately. 

• 2 weeks later...

From The Guardian:

9) Slick Højbjerg looks a good fit for Spurs

It was largely forgotten among the late controversy but Pierre-Emile Højbjerg was integral to Tottenham’s near-total control against Newcastle. The midfielder’s £15m arrival from Southampton last month did not especially stir the senses but he has settled in quickly and forged a promisingly balanced partnership with Harry Winks. Højbjerg adds stability but he can deliver a ball too, an outstanding first-half cross that should have created an opener for Harry Kane being only one example. Last season Spurs struggled to move possession on quickly enough but Højbjerg has added urgency and drive so far in 2020-21. Yesterday his own poor luck mirrored that of Spurs, given he was very harshly penalised for the free-kick that began the chain of events for Newcastle’s leveller. The early signs are promising though and Højbjerg, billed as such an exciting talent when a youngster at Bayern Munich, looks well equipped to thrive among the stars at last."

3 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

One swallow doesn’t make a summer and he still gave away the  cheap free kick that led to a penalty. 

'Fake penalty' - no way in any world was that a penalty. The Tottenham players didn't contribute to that penalty, it was given away by the officials.

Not a fan of Hoj myself, but you can't put that on him. Sort of like clinging to something to throw at him for no real reason.

Edited by S-Clarke
1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

'Fake penalty' - no way in any world was that a penalty. The Tottenham players didn't contribute to that penalty, it was given away by the officials.

Not a fan of Hoj myself, but you can't put that on him. Sort of like clinging to something to throw at him for no real reason.

Had he not given away a needless freekick, there wouldn’t have been a penalty decision to make. 

Interesting take on officials following the rules. I presume you want them to make their own rules up. It’s sort of like clinging to something to throw at them  for no real reason. 

Interesting watching MOTD2 tonight as Jenas was singing Hojberg's praises. His long pass for his assist was admittedly very good but otherwise I thought it was all a bit overblown.

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Interesting watching MOTD2 tonight as Jenas was singing Hojberg's praises. His long pass for his assist was admittedly very good but otherwise I thought it was all a bit overblown.

as with Everton/Villa fans etc going over the top...its 4 games in FFS....give it till at least Xmas!

17 hours ago, Scully said:

He had some great games for us too, MOTM in some. He also had some pretty terrible ones, and I think that's why on balance our fans feel like we got a good deal and he wouldn't be that great at Spurs in the long term, but I don't think we should be surprised that he has put in some crowd (or armchair fan) pleasing performances so far.

My best mate is a Spurs fan and says that so far - based on the reviews he got from me and other Saints fans - he has been pleasantly surprised by his passing but surprised by how bad he is at tackling.