Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs

ecuk268

6 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Don't sell him cheap, KWP not worth that much...20m + KWP if we need to.

Only one year left on Hojbergs contract, we'd be lucky to get £20million for him therefore my valuation of KWP is only £10million itself. 

17 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Can't see them stumping up the cash to afford him unfortunately - though just read they will bid £15m - surely we won't sell for £15m FFS? Unless they have any CB/RB's they want to chuck into the mix. 

Would much prefer he went there.

Edited by ErwinK1961

Just now, ErwinK1961 said:

Can't see them stumping up the cash to afford him unfortunately. Unless they have any CB/RB's they want to chuck into the mix. 

£15m, according to the article.

They may as well bid low - it worked for Tadic! 

2 hours ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Can't see them stumping up the cash to afford him unfortunately - though just read they will bid £15m - surely we won't sell for £15m FFS? Unless they have any CB/RB's they want to chuck into the mix. 

Only one year left on his contract, isn't it? £15m seems a fair price to me.

2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Ajax won’t be able to match what he’s on here though, let alone what him and his mercenary for an agent want. Tadic moved for lifestyle reasons (style of Dutch League suits him better as well, but lot closer to see family in the Balkans there in normal circumstances) whereas PEH despite the agent guff is out for £££. Best bet is Everton who can blow Spurs and Ajax out of the water.

Still, the more clubs interested the more the price creeps up, unless the player has set his heart on playing for Mourinho. If he has, KWP,  Sessegnon on a year’s loan and £15m would reasonable. 

3 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Ajax won’t be able to match what he’s on here though, let alone what him and his mercenary for an agent want. Tadic moved for lifestyle reasons (style of Dutch League suits him better as well, but lot closer to see family in the Balkans there in normal circumstances) whereas PEH despite the agent guff is out for £££. Best bet is Everton who can blow Spurs and Ajax out of the water.

Still, the more clubs interested the more the price creeps up, unless the player has set his heart on playing for Mourinho. If he has, KWP,  Sessegnon on a year’s loan and £15m would reasonable. 

Get this man (or woman) doing our transfer deals :) 

8 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

It’s an interesting question. Oxlade-Chamberlain was £35m with a year left on a lower value tv deal. But he’s English so higher value. I’d rather keep him than get £15m I think. Largely just to stop Ajax screwing us again

20 hours ago, saint1977 said:

Ajax could match his wages or even offer him more. Daley Blind is on 5 million a year and Ziyech wouldn’t have been far of that. 

Problem for Ajax is that except the games against Feyenoord, PSV and AZ, the competition is poor and not very challenging.

I'm convinced other clubs just read in the papers who is interested in who and those with more money just buy players to spite their rivals - in this case city over spurs

No way he goes to Ajax - as mentioned about the couple of big games a year he drops off everyones radar if they dont do the business in champs league which I could see happening.

Better to stay in the uk and maintain exposure and wages.

9 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Wouldn't surprise me. He's a very good player on his day, and Pep was a big fan at Munich.

I like him too.

I get the Pep link & I get that they need more legs with Fernandinho getting older. 

Win-win for us if it’s true. 

1 minute ago, Teddeer said:

The bit that made me laugh was that City are about to lose David Silva.....come on, Hojbjerg couldn't lace his boots.

Phil Foden is the replacement for David Silva. If Man City really do want Hojbjerg it would be to eventually replace 35 year old Fernandinho. 

Hojbjerg is getting a lot of stick on this forum, but for the role he plays he is very effective. Among the best ball winning stats for central midfielders in the league.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Phil Foden is the replacement for David Silva. If Man City really do want Hojbjerg it would be to eventually replace 35 year old Fernandinho. 

Hojbjerg is getting a lot of stick on this forum, but for the role he plays he is very effective. Among the best ball winning stats for central midfielders in the league.

Understand but how much of his ball winning stats is brought about how we play and how we play him rather than individual skill set

What were his stats like last year ?

I like Hojbjerg.  If I had the choice, I’d want him to stay - but if he does leave - I’m curious to see how he does.

I don’t think he’s as good as Morgan was when he left us, and he didn’t impress at Utd or Everton. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

Guess we will see just how much Pep did rate him as a kid at Bayern Munich in the next few weeks then if there is any truth in the City link

I don’t think anywhere else has reported the rumour.  So depends how reliable Duncan Castles is.

If Hoijberg does leave I'd like to see us replace him Harrison Reed from Fulham, played well last night and won man of the match, seems to win it every time I see Fulham play, gets about the pitch, wins the ball and really helps to drive their midfield. 

14 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

Not sure why City is surprising. They need extra energy is midfield, he's great at pressing, getting the ball back. Pep will think he can improve him. Not all their players need to be stars, they need a team. Plus he's an experienced prem player at a reasonable price due to his contract. Fernandinho is approaching the end of his career, they only really have Rodri for that role and have to manage 60 odd games a season.

It’s surprising because he’s clearly not good enough.

Even if Pep does ‘improve’ him, he’ll be nowhere near the required standard. For all his arm waving and running around, the fundamentals of touch, vision & passing ability are just not at the level they’ll be looking for. 

• Like 2

It’s not typically our ‘style’ to go raiding the relegated teams from what i can recall - but Lerma, Billing, Douglas Luiz, McGinn (lol absolutely no chance) would all fit the bill as a Hojbjerg replacement imo. Appreciate some of them aren’t doing a spectacular job at the moment but think all would compliment Prowsey well.

3 minutes ago, saintwbu said:

It’s not typically our ‘style’ to go raiding the relegated teams from what i can recall - but Lerma, Billing, Douglas Luiz, McGinn (lol absolutely no chance) would all fit the bill as a Hojbjerg replacement imo. Appreciate some of them aren’t doing a spectacular job at the moment but think all would compliment Prowsey well.

Douglas Luiz, really? I think he's garbage and has been all season for Villa. Very hyped and doesn't do a great deal aside from give the ball away from the games I've seen

15m wasted.

9 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Douglas Luiz, really? I think he's garbage and has been all season for Villa. Very hyped and doesn't do a great deal aside from give the ball away from the games I've seen

15m wasted.

The perfect Hojbjerg replacement then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, saintwbu said:

Lerma for me :toppa: 

he is physical, quick, sly and all action - breaks up play and counter attacks - exactly what we need

Luiz is pretty popular among Villa fans, seems to be high energy and for a player playing his first season in England and not speaking a single word of English when he arrived, I think he’s done well in some games i’ve seen. Likes a shot from outside the box too, with a couple of good goals this season, we could do a lot worse imo. 

On 14/07/2020 at 10:23, SuperSAINT said:

Nothing particularly new here;

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/pierre-emile-hojbjerg-tottenham-jose-mourinho-kyle-walker-peters-a4497561.html

Still favours a move to Spurs, apparently. 

So it isn't about champions league football then. If it was just about that he would move to Ajax. Looking at Spurs and the improvement of Chelsea and Man United i cant see them playing champions league football for a few years now. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs