Jannik Vestergaard - Official: Signs for Leicester

ChiefScummer

It's a horrible thought, but imagine an international footballer (possibly a high-profile player) dies from Covid 19 having been on international duty (whether it be for a meaningless friendly or some tin-pot competition), the outcry that would cause would be immense. The footballing authorities wouldn't have a leg to stand on. It would probably see the end to all internationals for some considerable time and may even halt domestic football for a long time. These internationals (as SW5 Saint says above) are reckless and unnecessary. Some would say dangerous.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chocolate Box said:

Subbed on 90 mins, hope nothing sinister, seems a bit odd.

My guess is as they were drawing they decided to throw the kitchen sink at it so took off a centreback to put an attacking player on.

It worked, they won in the 93rd minute and still have a chance to qualify for the finals now.

On 13/11/2020 at 23:07, redkeith said:

North of 70 Mill now Gomez is injured ! 

Off subject but Liverpool played Phillips as no option at the time, he has been in their reserves/youth for a long time. Played really well against West Ham and not been seen since....These clubs never really give these type of players a good run in the team. They would rather go splash 50m on another player.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, trousers said:

Screenshot_20201208-152454.pngspacer.png

Michael Stipe                                                                                                                           JV

Separated at birth?

One of the biggest turn round I’ve seen in 45 years of watching. Never in a million years did I think he’d make it here. Couldn’t head the bloody thing despite being so tall and moved  like a statue. Commanding now, and has got a lovely ping. Still a doubt about his lack of pace, but his positional play is covering it up well. Long May it continue. 

7 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Another player who is now reaping rewards for effort and being selected each game. Also with the team performing so well helps, imagine Carrillo up front for us at the moment, could have even bagged a goal by now.

Lets not get too carried away.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Another player who is now reaping rewards for effort and being selected each game. Also with the team performing so well helps, imagine Carrillo up front for us at the moment, could have even bagged a goal by now.

Carriillo couldn't bag his own shopping.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another Liverpool defender injury yesterday - Matip.  They will definitely need to go shopping in January - we need to slap a £70m price tag on Jannik now. I'm not saying he's itching to go, but if Liverpool came calling, the prospect of playing alongside VvD (obviously not this season, but in the long term) might be very tempting for him. Just saying.....

2 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Backwards from what? They weren't close to the first team before he arrived.

What a daft question.

They've gone backwards from where they were, ie they have regressed as players rather than progressed. Whether they were first team players is irrelevant to the question of whether they've improved under Ralph, which they haven't.

Slattery has (had) loads of potential but can't make a 9 man bench. Vokins hasn't kicked on. Ditto Valery. 

15 minutes ago, egg said:

What a daft question.

They've gone backwards from where they were, ie they have regressed as players rather than progressed. Whether they were first team players is irrelevant to the question of whether they've improved under Ralph, which they haven't.

Slattery has (had) loads of potential but can't make a 9 man bench. Vokins hasn't kicked on. Ditto Valery. 

You appear to have determined they have regressed based on a lack of gametime. But if the players ahead of them are doing extremely well (as they clearly are) then they aren't going to make the starting line-up, subs bench. That does not mean they have regressed, the quality bar for gametime is very high atm.

3 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

I was talking about Slattery and Vokins. I'm fully aware when Valery made his debut, he was never that great and Walker-Peters is his upgrade so Valery isn't going to play if KWP is fit.

I'm fully aware he was never that great.

See, I can come back with weird responses too.

6 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

Imo a bigger miss than Danny. 1 because stephens just isn’t anywhere near PL standard and 2 because his ability to play from the back into midfield using both feet is hugely underrated.

A big loss. Mad, like many, I couldn’t see myself saying this 6 months ago. 

Edited by SKD
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SKD said:

Imo a bigger miss than Danny. 1 because stephens just isn’t anywhere near PL standard and 2 because his ability to play from the back into midfield using both feet is hugely underrated.

A big loss. Mad, like many, I couldn’t see myself saying this 6 months ago. 

To be fair to Stephens, he played well today I thought? That block at the end was 'goal' worthy. Let's not forget he has also progressed under Ralph. We wouldn't have given Vestergaard the time of day this time last year, he's improved...and so did Stephens.

He's not flawless, of course not, but he's a lot better than he was in 2019.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Jannik Vestergaard - Official: Signs for Leicester