Jannik Vestergaard - Official: Signs for Leicester

ChiefScummer

What other business are Spurs likely to do this summer?

Spurs are still hopeful of bringing in at least one more centre-back, with Sevilla’s Jules Kounde, Inter’s Milan Skriniar and Jannik Vestergaard of Southampton among their targets.

They also hope to shift some of their existing defenders, with Aurier and Davinson Sanchez both available. Toby Alderweireld, as The Athletic reported this month, is hoping to leave before the end of the window.

5 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Spurs are still hopeful of bringing in at least one more centre-back, with Sevilla’s Jules Kounde, Inter’s Milan Skriniar and Jannik Vestergaard of Southampton among their targets.

They also hope to shift some of their existing defenders, with Aurier and Davinson Sanchez both available. Toby Alderweireld, as The Athletic reported this month, is hoping to leave before the end of the window.

Toby swap for vesty 👍🏻

4 hours ago, the saint in winchester said:

Headline today is that Saints are reluctant to deal with Spurs, after getting hurt on the Hoejberg deal. Problem is they are circling for both Vesty and Ings. We need other bidders ASAP.

I don't see the hurt there. Maybe Fourpast, Bale, Chivers and Toby.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

I'd swap Vest for Sanchez....

1 minute ago, Sideways Jim said:

He has liked a post confirming Sons contract extension 👋🏻

This is the sort of gossip this forum is made for. Juicy drama!

Hope he goes tbh, Salisu is quality and the money could buy us a pretty tasty attacking mid.

47 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Those crazy Spurs loving Danes!  Isn't this how it started with Hojbjerg?

Vaguely remember something like that!

If we can get good funds for Vestergaard, in a weird way I think it can make us stronger.

1 minute ago, S-Clarke said:

Vaguely remember something like that!

If we can get good funds for Vestergaard, in a weird way I think it can make us stronger.

Agree.  Economics, right? We can’t make the signings we need without selling he or Ingsey.  Was hoping Roma got him.

14 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Agree.  Economics, right? We can’t make the signings we need without selling he or Ingsey.  Was hoping Roma got him.

Buy low, sell high. Vest ain't getting higher than this (the low part is debateable though)

9 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

I'm surprised Son hasn't been linked to a bigger club to be honest or wanted to move.

He will be the main Man/Striker now

He has always done well when Kane has been injured and out of the team tbh

• 2 weeks later...

From a sensible perspective its surely at a stage where you hope we can sell Vestergaard in this window as we should at least get our money back.

Fail to do so and its probably £5m or so in January or nothing next summer, with potentially a season of an unsettled player.

Get it sorted now and move on.

Edited by Dusic
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Dusic said:

From a sensible perspective its surely at a stage where you hope we can sell Vestergaard in this window as we should at least get our money back.

Fail to do so and its probably £5m or so in January or nothing next summer, with potentially a season of an unsettled player.

Get it sorted now and move on.

We've read about the talk of interest in him from all over, but nothing seems to of come out yet. (perhaps not surprising considering the Ings / Livramento stealth moves).

Pretty sure Spurs are out.  Roma possible.  Maybe Leicester now.  His performances at the Euro's must have garnered some interest.

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

We've read about the talk of interest in him from all over, but nothing seems to of come out yet. (perhaps not surprising considering the Ings / Livramento stealth moves).

Pretty sure Spurs are out.  Roma possible.  Maybe Leicester now.  His performances at the Euro's must have garnered some interest.

I have selected him in my Fantasy Football team, on the basis that he will be playing for Leicester.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Harry_SFC said:

I'd try and sell him now whilst we can. We'd then have £55-60 million in sales from the summer. You'd like to think we would re-invest most of that on at least 3 new players (Striker, CB & CM)

Let’s hope if this happens we get a repeat of Ings, VVD and Armstrong rather than Carillo, Hoedt and Lemina. 

I’m sure it’ll be the first 3!!!!

7 hours ago, Harry_SFC said:

I'd try and sell him now whilst we can. We'd then have £55-60 million in sales from the summer. You'd like to think we would re-invest most of that on at least 3 new players (Striker, CB & CM)

Don't forget we've already spent circa £15million on Perraud, Simeu and Livramento. 

6 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Has he even been really involved pre-season? Not seen him about (I know he came back late) but I get the impression Ralph seems to be planning without him. 

He only started training after his holiday 3 days ago. 

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 hour ago, SuperSAINT said:

Leicester writer on the athletic says they will need a defender for sure but finances are tight.

Fofana not the only injury they have back there.  Evans hadn’t trained pre-season.

Evans is out for 2-3 months, they're looking at starting the season with either a young kid Nelson or NDidi apparently.

Obviously they're down Wes Morgan as well.

I assume this is why Ralph keeps saying about needing a CB.

If Vestergaard were to stay then numbers wise we have four plus Simeu which is fine.

I think they are factoring in that he will go - and thats the right decision as no point missing out on £15m+ and our other left sided CB Salisu wasn't signed to be a back up for his whole contract!

4 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Chelsea want a a huge amount of money for him to fund Kounde...

4 hours ago, Golac's Cunning Stunts said:

Chelsea's 2nd Xi would probably be a mid table prem finish. Their 3rd Xi would probably stand a good chance of staying up too. Crazy times.

Read the other day Chelsea have 42 pro's training at the moment (!)

• Lighthouse changed the title to Jannik Vestergaard - Official: Signs for Leicester