Jannik Vestergaard - Official: Signs for Leicester

ChiefScummer

If the info is correct that Vestergaard has been at Staolewood and a medical has been completed the deal must be nearly done. How does this fit with the rumour that the club is about to sign Marlon as another defender? Are we going to see 6 across the back?

If the info is correct that Vestergaard has been at Staolewood and a medical has been completed the deal must be nearly done. How does this fit with the rumour that the club is about to sign Marlon as another defender? Are we going to see 6 across the back?

Bednarek is pretty gash. Stephens needs moving on.

The Echo have said that the Marlon reports are incorrect. I think we may have looked into a potential deal for him and Gibson as a contingency if we didn’t secure Vestergaard, but as you say, I can’t see us having 6 senior CB’s at the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Echo have said that the Marlon reports are incorrect. I think we may have looked into a potential deal for him and Gibson as a contingency if we didn’t secure Vestergaard, but as you say, I can’t see us having 6 senior CB’s at the club.

Maya has an option to go to the UAE.

DEFENDER PASSES SAINTS MEDICAL

Jannik Vestergaard has passed his medical and is expected to be announced as a Southampton player in the next 24 hours, Sky Sports News understands.

The player will join from German club Borussia Monchengladbach for a fee of £18million.

West Ham were also interested in the Denmark centre-back, who featured at the World Cup.

=========

****ing West Ham are everywhere.

I don't want to lose Yoshi. He seems the old fashioned loyal one club type we need. Should be captain next season.

If he was good enough he'd have left to a bigger club just like the rest.

However I don't see him making a Fonte / sideways move.

Saying that he was heavy linked with a move to UAE subject to us being relegated so suggests he was trying to jump when we were sinking.

Not sure any player is "loyal" anymore and not sure why wed expect a boy from Nagasaki Japan to buck the recent trend?

If he was good enough he'd have left to a bigger club just like the rest.

However I don't see him making a Fonte / sideways move.

Saying that he was heavy linked with a move to UAE subject to us being relegated so suggests he was trying to jump when we were sinking.

Not sure any player is "loyal" anymore and not sure why wed expect a boy from Nagasaki Japan to buck the recent trend?

He has certainly shown his loyalty to the cause over the years, no matter where he is from. He has always played with heart, and tried his best. i regard him more favourably in this than, say, Boufal or his ilk. Thus i think you should maybe cut him some slack

He has certainly shown his loyalty to the cause over the years, no matter where he is from. He has always played with heart, and tried his best. i regard him more favourably in this than, say, Boufal or his ilk. Thus i think you should maybe cut him some slack
Most definitely this...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I love Yoshida. But would he have stayed if he was good enough for Liverpool or United? No.

Like I said he appeared ready to jump ship if we were relegated.

I love Yoshida. But would he have stayed if he was good enough for Liverpool or United? No.

Like I said he appeared ready to jump ship if we were relegated.

Really think that could be said of the majority of the first team. Also, it's supposition.

Really think that could be said of the majority of the first team. Also, it's supposition.

My original reply was to the comment about how loyal he is and how we should reward him with the captaincy.

He isn't loyal (IMHO) as he was ready to jump ship (according to reports) if we were relegated.

I suspect he would have also left years ago if he was good enough for a better club.

Just because you're not good enough for a better club doesn't make you "loyal"

Decent guy yes (by all accounts) reliable over the years - kinda, loyal? probably not.

My original reply was to the comment about how loyal he is and how we should reward him with the captaincy.

He isn't loyal (IMHO) as he was ready to jump ship (according to reports) if we were relegated.

I suspect he would have also left years ago if he was good enough for a better club.

Just because you're not good enough for a better club doesn't make you "loyal"

Decent guy yes (by all accounts) reliable over the years - kinda, loyal? probably not.

Oh dear, how cynical. Something sad there.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Jannik Vestergaard - Official: Signs for Leicester