Kieran1uk

The January Transfer Window 2019!

TBH, I think our objective has been for some time now to finish above the bottom three with minimum of outlay. Perfect business plan.

Hmm. Not seen this mentioned before.

What about Jean-Kevin Agustin from Leipzig. Ralph did say in his press conference there were several targets we are looking at.

Yes, probably.

But just a quick uninformed calculation on the back of an envelope and I've come up with this:

JK Agustin , RB Leipzig , in top flight Germany, challenging for Champions League.... his club indicate they want 40m, (but may negotiate at say 20-25m, if we're lucky)

or

Che Adams , Brum, Championship, and by many accounts cash strapped with a transfer embargo, club reject £8m, (but may negotiate at say £12m).

Which on balance do you think we're more likely to go for?

C'mon Saints, prove us all wrong.

Yes, probably.

But just a quick uninformed calculation on the back of an envelope and I've come up with this:

JK Agustin , RB Leipzig , in top flight Germany, challenging for Champions League.... his club indicate they want 40m, (but may negotiate at say 20-25m, if we're lucky)

or

Che Adams , Brum, Championship, and by many accounts cash strapped with a transfer embargo, club reject £8m, (but may negotiate at say £12m).

Which on balance do you think we're more likely to go for?

C'mon Saints, prove us all wrong.

Still hoping it's Agustin :)

No harm in hoping.

Alan Nixon tweeted the other day to say that Leipzig would lower thier asking price this window so here's hoping.

Still hoping it's Agustin :)

Serious question though in case anybody knows,why would Lepizig let him go, other than for serious £££ ?.

As another option I watched a review of Watkins at Brentford the other day who we were previously linked with. Looked impressive although not necessarily the same sort of 'pace merchant' as Che Adams.

Serious question though in case anybody knows,why would Lepizig let him go, other than for serious £££ ?.

As another option I watched a review of Watkins at Brentford the other day who we were previously linked with. Looked impressive although not necessarily the same sort of 'pace merchant' as Che Adams.

Apparently he has been made available for transfer as per Nixon's tweet.

Looks no better than Shane Long!!!

Ha ha he looks exactly what we need, strong and quick with a few tricks and a bit of composure.

Not sure when we last had a striker with those attributes.

Ha ha he looks exactly what we need, strong and quick with a few tricks and a bit of composure.

Mané was the last player we had in that mould.

has that tall pacy style looks similar to a prime anelka or aubameyang.. really hope we go in for him but u know deep down it will be Che Adams

Papa Waigo, Guly or Mane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok... So here is What I have been told.

Cedric/Maehle: The most long-running and still the most likely. We were hoping to have either Hoedt or Cedric gone for a reasonable (permanent) fee, or obligation to buy. That didn't happen, so now we have the complication of two defenders possibly coming back. We are still trying to get this over the line, but now have to structure our offer differently.

Che Adams: Has been looked at for a potential summer signing (but only as potential, not number 1), but after Mepham was snapped up by Bournemouth we are now more cagey about waiting on our targets. If we can get him under a decently structured deal, and Jean-Kévin Augustin doesn't come off, this will go ahead. But right now looks like agents bigging it up trying to create a market.

Jean-Kévin Augustin. Dream signing, but very unlikely. would take a chuck out the Summer transfer Budget, and RB feel that certain parties are playing a media game right now. I saw on the thread someone post that RB are likely to drop their price, but I have been told the exact opposite.

Unnamed Winger/outside forward: Hasn't been named in press so won't spill the beans here. I've never heard of him, But I hadn't heard of RH so, I guess that doesn't mean much. Seems to have the required pace and power, but the Premier league is pretty unique, so will be interesting to see if he makes the step up.

Cedric/Maehle: The most long-running and still the most likely. We were hoping to have either Hoedt or Cedric gone for a reasonable (permanent) fee, or obligation to buy. That didn't happen, so now we have the complication of two defenders possibly coming back. We are still trying to get this over the line, but now have to structure our offer differently.

Che Adams: Has been looked at for a potential summer signing (but only as potential, not number 1), but after Mepham was snapped up by Bournemouth we are now more cagey about waiting on our targets. If we can get him under a decently structured deal, and Jean-Kévin Augustin doesn't come off, this will go ahead. But right now looks like agents bigging it up trying to create a market.

Jean-Kévin Augustin. Dream signing, but very unlikely. would take a chuck out the Summer transfer Budget, and RB feel that certain parties are playing a media game right now. I saw on the thread someone post that RB are likely to drop their price, but I have been told the exact opposite.

Unnamed Winger/outside forward: Hasn't been named in press so won't spill the beans here. I've never heard of him, But I hadn't heard of RH so, I guess that doesn't mean much. Seems to have the required pace and power, but the Premier league is pretty unique, so will be interesting to see if he makes the step up.

Top man cheers

Cheers for updates, Guan.

Anything on Ollie Watkins? Is the un-named bloke likely to happen then?

Cheers Guan - looks like an interesting couple of days ahead

Thanks C̶a̶b̶b̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶F̶a̶c̶e̶, Guan for the update.

Thanks for the update Guan.

Cheers Gman won't be holding my breath for any though haha

ITK?

Cheers mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He’s Danish so almost certainly true we are trying to sign him

I thought the same! Never heard of him before that link. Hell of a scoring record from the wing this season!

Austin sale is now crucial. Expect us to loan players with first dibs in the summer. Good job we sacked the lawyer that did the TA contract.

Austin sale is now crucial. Expect us to loan players with first dibs in the summer. Good job we sacked the lawyer that did the TA contract.

I imagine finding someone to buy him isn't the easiest.

I imagine finding someone to buy him isn't the easiest.

He’s a goal scorer, if you play a system where all he has to do is get his arse in the penalty box at every opportunity he will score goals. Doesn’t surprise me if four clubs are in for him.

He’s a goal scorer, if you play a system where all he has to do is get his arse in the penalty box at every opportunity he will score goals. Doesn’t surprise me if four clubs are in for him.

Doesn't surprise me either. But (like Hoedt/Cedric) loan deals appeal more.

We clearly need the cash. Loans seem way easier to negotiate.

He has 16 league goals in 3 years. He’s not a goal scorer.

Quite possible, yes! I'm terrible at assessing players but I wanted to add a bit to the description of Poulsen. He might develop a lot more as you say, and I would love to see him at the club. But for now he is not a real goal-getter...

Well, to underline my poor scouting skills, Poulsen seems to have improved immensely in front of goal...

I'm no expert at German, but it seems that Poulsen was in the team of the week in the Bundesliga for the 4th time after an impressive display against Düsseldorf where he scored a brace. He impressed so much that he was also chosen as player of the week in the entire Bundesliga: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/spieltag/1-bundesliga/2018-19/19/spieler-des-tages.html. In terms of ratings, he is 44th out of 204 rated players in the league - 10th in the strikers table. On the combined goals/assists table he is joint 7th with 10 goals and 4 assists in 19 games.

Under Hasenhüttl, Augustin was preferred to Poulsen, but under Rangnick it seems Poulsen is ahead of Augustin. He is really improving a lot this season.

Did the trail go cold on this one?

Interesting stuff, thanks.

He won't though. He'll be miles behind play, he's easy to play offside, easy to mark. His finishing isn't as good as people make out and his only really good season at this level was a long time ago. He was fitter, the team was overly attacking and they got relegated.

He's a long way from good enough to start regularly in the premier league. Useful sub yes. But I imagine he wants more than that. Ideal for the Championship but how many could afford his wages.

246 in 434 in his career shows he is definitely a goal scorer
Indeed. Definitely a goalscorer but becoming more limited as time goes by due to his lack of mobility. If he finds a team where his job is just to get in the box and they can create the chances for him, he could still do a job for now though. Hope he finds that club and we can bring in a forward more suited to Ralph's game plan.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Indeed. Definitely a goalscorer but becoming more limited as time goes by due to his lack of mobility. If he finds a team where his job is just to get in the box and they can create the chances for him, he could still do a job for now though. Hope he finds that club and we can bring in a forward more suited to Ralph's game plan.

34 premier league goals in his career. Let's not get carried away. His career goal record is good in a way Billy Sharp's is good.

He'd have done a lot better 10-20 years ago at this level, but too many defences are just too fast and Austin has zero skill or pace to beat a man. Can't expect starts when you can't hold the ball up and your passing is poor. He's half the player Pelle was for us.

18 goals and 4 assists in 20 games for FC Copenhagen this season...Not bad for a winger, albeit in a weak league.

Hope this is true. Our kind of signing, when we did it well anyway. Find it more exciting to see unexpected players with good records in smaller leagues who might come in and surprise everyone. Position we need, goal threat we need.

Can only imagine we'll come top 4 and Denmark will win the world cup.

246 in 434 in his career shows he is definitely a goal scorer

Half of them are goals he scored in the Wessex League 11 years ago. He was half decent in his day but he isn’t that player any more.

34 premier league goals in his career. Let's not get carried away. His career goal record is good in a way Billy Sharp's is good.

He'd have done a lot better 10-20 years ago at this level, but too many defences are just too fast and Austin has zero skill or pace to beat a man. Can't expect starts when you can't hold the ball up and your passing is poor. He's half the player Pelle was for us.

Well, if we're talking just Premier League goals Danny Ings only has 21 so far. Just saying. There aren't that many players who play for teams like Saints who score shed loads of Premier League goals throughout their careers. How many premier League goals has Billy Sharp got?

Look, I'm not saying Charlie Austin is a great player, far from it. But he's not as terrible as some on here like to make out and he does know how to put the ball in the net. Which puts him above a number of others who have graced the Saints forward line in the last few seasons. I agree it's time for him to move on now though.

If we were able to get Adams and Maehle this window, as well as shipping out Austin, that would be decent business. If Augustin continues to have limited game time at RB then the summer will bring a lower transfer fee so might be better to wait.