Kieran1uk

The January Transfer Window 2019!

Heard today we are looking at Vermaelen on loan, doesn't really fit the age profile Ralph spoke of

Crikey, we're spinning the injury roulette wheel.

Crikey, we're spinning the injury roulette wheel.

Yep! Would prefer the other guy who's name I can't spell, he's also alotttt younger.

Yep! Would prefer the other guy who's name I can't spell, he's also alotttt younger.

If you're talking about Upamecano, he already seems to be rated at about £30m by a club with no financial pressure to sell. Already seems way out of our league.

Vermaelen for 6 months makes sense though. Add some experience in there, become the player Hoedt failed to be. Beats spending big on a panic CB. Think we're best signing a loan now and investing properly in the summer once we've secured our league status.

Any money should go on a winger/forward.

Heard today we are looking at Vermaelen on loan, doesn't really fit the age profile Ralph spoke of

Wow though. Might do a job...

A DM doesn't seem a priority. Seems more like one for the summer maybe.

Can someone convince me that the Goetze rumour is actually possible? Thanks

Where did you hear about Goetze? That would be insane!

It doesn't whilst Romeu is fit but he's the only one we've got. If we can strengthen there we should.

Just a sign of how poor the squad is.

One decent striker.

One defensive midfielder.

One right back.

Loads of poor centre backs.

Wait....
Thanks for the PM. really exciting stuff [emoji1696][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji120][emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

Thanks for the PM. really exciting stuff [emoji1696][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji120][emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

Can I get a pm Cabbage?

[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'll pass on the PM thanks, I've seen enough 'out of the window Kenyan hotel shots' to last me a lifetime.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Can I get a pm Cabbage?
So you're the annoying person in front of me in queues who asks the server "can I get...?" something rather "can I have...?" :)

So you're the annoying person in front of me in queues who asks the server "can I get...?" something rather "can I have...?" :)
not just me that get highly irritated by this question

Being reported that Gary Cahill likely to sign for Fulham on a free. We should be all over that because he is the type of player who could keep up the likes of Fulham or us, both teams currently very poor defensively.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Being reported that Gary Cahill likely to sign for Fulham on a free. We should be all over that because he is the type of player who could keep up the likes of Fulham or us, both teams currently very poor defensively.

Guessed ages ago he’d go to Fulham. Obvious move for him.

Wages way above our budget. We're not spending £120k+ a week on a 33 year old any time soon.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Wages way above our budget. We're not spending £120k+ a week on a 33 year old any time soon.

I would guess Fulham would only pay a percentage of that, just like when our high earners go out on loan it doesn't cover the wages normally.

I would have got Cahill, but the wages are a little obscene. Fulham makes sense for him. I’d be surprised if we sign anyone before 3rd week of window, got my ears to the ground for those who have pm’d.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cahill would have made sense for a Mark Hughes team but pretty obvious Ralph ain't down with that sh it.

Cahill to Fulham is bad news for us. Makes Fulham a hell of a lot stronger. I'd fancy them to have a good run now

Cahill to Fulham is bad news for us. Makes Fulham a hell of a lot stronger. I'd fancy them to have a good run now

Its Gary Cahill they're signing, not VVD. Will likely help their defence but hes no spring chicken

Its Gary Cahill they're signing, not VVD. Will likely help their defence but hes no spring chicken
No, but he is a leader on the pitch, which is something that both Fulham and us sadly are totally lacking. He will help the other players around him play better and organise better in defence.

I personally think it's that leadership and strength that our team is most obviously missing so I wouldn't mind if we signed a more senior player at the back, because that would improve us.

Suspect Fulham won't be paying him anything like the full amount Chelsea have been paying him. Deal will be done with Chelsea to compensate him for that.

No, but he is a leader on the pitch, which is something that both Fulham and us sadly are totally lacking. He will help the other players around him play better and organise better in defence.

I personally think it's that leadership and strength that our team is most obviously missing so I wouldn't mind if we signed a more senior player at the back, because that would improve us.

This. Would much rather have him than them have him too. They have goals in them. If they can shore up the defence they will be fine. Eek

Gabbiadini to Sampdoria on loan with 10.75m in the Summer

Think we probably need to sell now tbh. Otherwise we can kiss inbound transfers goodbye? Or it might force us to do similar, making us not hugely strong in getting the CB(s) we need.

Gabbiadini to Sampdoria on loan with 10.75m in the Summer

Update says its an option to buy in the summer. Obligation would be fine, no significant difference to a transfer, get it done, but option, no thanks.

At least it would get Gabbi off the wage bill short term even if i have my doubts whether Sampdoria will actually buy him in the summer.

Don't think we are going to get money for him in January.

Think we probably need to sell now tbh. Otherwise we can kiss inbound transfers goodbye? Or it might force us to do similar, making us not hugely strong in getting the CB(s) we need.

Only if we're suffering cash flow or FFP issues, rather than balance sheet. I would say a guaranteed transfer (and a loan fee) would work.

Update says its an option to buy in the summer. Obligation would be fine, no significant difference to a transfer, get it done, but option, no thanks.

Link I see says "obligation".

Never know if that's from dodgy translation or not.