Che Adams

TopGun

Echo saying saints prepared to walk away from deal if Birmingham try to hold them to ransom on fee. Will move on to other targets if need be.

Does say saints not playing hard ball this summer as want deals done quickly but won't pay over the odds.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17722607.amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Echo saying saints prepared to walk away from deal if Birmingham try to hold them to ransom on fee. Will move on to other targets if need be.

Does say saints not playing hard ball this summer as want deals done quickly but won't pay over the odds.

basically, we are about to drop this bid

oh well.

We shouldn’t pay over the odds 14 million for Adams is about right

The trouble is, this early in the window, Birmingham are always going to hold out for a higher offer if they think other clubs are interested. If we want to get deals done early, we may need to pay a bit of a premium to do that.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

In todays Market, £14m seems a bit underpriced, but you can't argue with the principle of the approach.

He's had one good season in division 2, and if the reports are correct, the only other PL club interested are Burnley so £14m seems top money.

If he wants to join us, Birmingham will have to relent.

He's had one good season in division 2, and if the reports are correct, the only other PL club interested are Burnley so £14m seems top money.

If he wants to join us, Birmingham will have to relent.

Yes, on balance it seems we are doing the right thing here, but realistically it means we will have to wait till later in the window to get it done because Brum are unlikely to cave in at this stage if their valuation not met.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Just get him in please.

People need to have some perspective here. Why should we cough up and get him in at whatever cost.

I vastly prefer to be hard at bargaining and not go over our valuation especially when we have a tight budget.

There are plenty of other players out there equally as good and with potential.

Likewise, if we want to get rid of players why should we accept whatever low offer that comes in just to get him off the wage bill.

If it means we have to wait a little longer then so be it.

People need to have some perspective here. Why should we cough up and get him in at whatever cost.

I vastly prefer to be hard at bargaining and not go over our valuation especially when we have a tight budget.

There are plenty of other players out there equally as good and with potential.

Likewise, if we want to get rid of players why should we accept whatever low offer that comes in just to get him off the wage bill.

If it means we have to wait a little longer then so be it.

Its easy , other clubs players good, our players bad

When did saints fans become keen on negotiating over having the best squad possible?

We've struggled last few seasons as we've missed our top targets, presumably squabbling over a few pounds

We make millions, we need to spend millions. You don't have a castle and furnish it with bargains from Gumtree and ikea.

I quite like this approach, it might make them think twice about standing resolute. If they're in that much financial shyte (and having had Harry Redknapp as manager they most likely are screwed) then turning down £14 million would be madness and surely people they owe money to will be pressuring them to sell their assets as they already have with Jota. And if this falls through, I hope they go into admin and get deducted 10 points. There, I said it.

Come on Saints pay over the odds ffs just like everyone on here does when they purchase stuff and be happy about it

How much do you want for that car?

£5000

ok then!!!

Hahaha... what a mug, i would have settled for £4500

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

We've missed our top targets before by not being decisive and delaying over relatively small amounts. Ending up with Ramirez and Boufal types instead

Both wages and transfer fees - Son Heung-min and Philippe Coutinho spring to mind

Nobody is suggesting paying well over the top. But we've been "in talks" for 6 months minimum

Being indecisive has cost us before

We've missed our top targets before by not being decisive and delaying over relatively small amounts. Ending up with Ramirez and Boufal types instead

Both wages and transfer fees - Son Heung-min and Philippe Coutinho spring to mind

Nobody is suggesting paying well over the top. But we've been "in talks" for 6 months minimum

Im with you to a degree, but modern day agents seem to prolong the deal and put it to the media and other clubs hoping to get bites elsewhere In the 2 cases you mention Spurs and Liverpool were better options for them. I liked NC how he wouldn't let agents do this and perhaps the club should put a cut off and walk away, if this is indeed the case

And fabian scharr

This sounds like code for we're not going to be mugged off, but we'll make a final offer that'll make them think.

Might just be me but I'm still fairly confident we'll get this one sorted. If not, there are other strikers. Do like the idea of signing young English players, but can't fault Birmingham wanting big money, considering Brentford want £20m for Maupay at a similar age and goal tally.

Adams wants to come so it is just a question of finding an agreement with Bham

Compromise on both sides needed and it is a go.

I'm sure if we don't make an offer considered good enough by Birmingham and another PL side do then he would happily join them.

If he wants to come to Saints it gives us an advantage of course, but we will still need to make an acceptable offer.

We have no idea what their asking price is and therefore whether our £14m is likely to be acceptable.

They know that as the window gets closer to closing then teams will get desperate. Little incentive for them to cave now just because Hasenhuttl wants signings in early.

Yeah he was really sh1t....Christ you post some rubbish.

So getting selected for England in his Prem form was coincidental? Liverpool signed him because he was rubbish.

Was it because he was so good against Arsenal he upset you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a joke you idiot!

When did saints fans become keen on negotiating over having the best squad possible?

We've struggled last few seasons as we've missed our top targets, presumably squabbling over a few pounds

We make millions, we need to spend millions. You don't have a castle and furnish it with bargains from Gumtree and ikea.

As if you know what are top targets are.

If he was so good we would be willing to pay more than £14million. Seems even saints know they're aiming low with this transfer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Man Utd and Swansea set the bar at £15m for James.

14m is nothing in todays terms.

From what I've seen of him, he'd be a real asset to us - we should just get it over the line instead of p1ssing about. Which we probably won't.

It isn’t nothing. Most clubs in Europe can’t afford to pay those lind of fees.

We have a limited budget our club record signing is 19m.

Let the big clubs live in their lala land of overinflated fees.

We have tight budget and I am glad we are sticking to it.

Probably a year too late though as we completely washed away the Van Dijk money by completely overpaying for average players