Jump to content

The small things in life that annoy you


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Iced Coffee

I shouldn't like it but I do and that annoys me....and its full of crap thats not great for you.

So is saints web but we all keep coming back here

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just flicked through Sky 1 and saw the BOULEI game and the picture quality is way worse than even SD. It’s like watching a video of an old 70s match being replayed. I don’t know, it seems like plain bitterness. They’re putting it on free to people without the sports package (which I do have BTW) so ‘f**k you, were going to ruin it you.’

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, whelk said:

Naff nicknames for football teams eg Cherries, Toffees, Citizens. Worse still Is people referring to them by these names.

I don't mind if it is their traditional nickname, Bournemouth have been the cherries for as long as I can remember.It's a bit more cringeworthy when they try and reinvent themselves, Palace going from Glaziers to Eagles in the 70's, copied by Brighton as Seagulls, then Everton trying to shed the 'Toffees' to caling themselves 'Blue - boys' and 'Blue-noses'.

Worse still the soft internet generation names of 'Wet Sham', and 'spuds', a woke way of trying to be insulting without offending anybody.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Badger said:

 

worse still the soft internet generation names of 'Wet Sham', and 'spuds', a woke way of trying to be insulting without offending anybody.

This word gets on my tits as well ....

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Badger said:

I don't mind if it is their traditional nickname, Bournemouth have been the cherries for as long as I can remember.It's a bit more cringeworthy when they try and reinvent themselves, Palace going from Glaziers to Eagles in the 70's, copied by Brighton as Seagulls, then Everton trying to shed the 'Toffees' to caling themselves 'Blue - boys' and 'Blue-noses'.

Worse still the soft internet generation names of 'Wet Sham', and 'spuds', a woke way of trying to be insulting without offending anybody.

Indeed, been the subject of more than one thread on here in the past. Palarse is probably my favourite just on it's own but then when you add Cripple it just unbeatable. Palarse lol. Palarse lol.  No But wait wait, wait wait wait.............................Cripple Palarse!!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Deodorant marks on the armpits of your t shirts and shirts. I only seem to get about 10-15 wears out of my stuff before they show. Ruins black tops with white marks and on white tops makes the arm pits go Yellowish in colour, looks awful. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Apps that make talking to a human being unnecessary when ordering hotel room service but leave you with no option but to storm down to reception and have a go at the receptionist when no food or drink has turned up over an hour later despite receiving a jolly message exclaiming ‘“Success! Your order has been placed and will be with you shortly!” and a subsequent email confirming the cost has been charged to your credit card. This is a live ongoing example of the small things in life that annoy me.

Edited by stknowle
Link to post
Share on other sites

American recipes. Been doing a lot of cooking since wife’s illness. Limited culinary skills if I’m honest. Often sends me stuff on Pinterest. Everything measured in cups and tablespoons. What about grams? Don’t get me started on ‘heavy cream’ which seems to be regularly included in healthy eating recipes. Too much flour in sauces and why tf call coriander cilantro? Give  me BBC Good Food any day. Oh and Jamie Oliver your recipes are shyte too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Hamilton Saint said:

Journalists who use the term 'we'--as in 'what we know so far'.

Why? If you're a reporter or the political editor of, say, Sky or CNN, then you're the front person of a collective effort. Newspapers do the same thing ("The Times can reveal").

Saying anything other than "we" would be incorrect.

I guess what I am saying is that the small thing in life that annnoy me is people not really understanding how journalists/ism work.

Edited by CB Fry
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/09/2020 at 03:18, CB Fry said:

Why? If you're a reporter or the political editor of, say, Sky or CNN, then you're the front person of a collective effort. Newspapers do the same thing ("The Times can reveal").

Saying anything other than "we" would be incorrect.

I guess what I am saying is that the small thing in life that annnoy me is people not really understanding how journalists/ism work.

Yours truly can reveal that we are not happy to be corrected for our expression of personal opinion. We can confirm that this is the feeling of all of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hamilton Saint said:

Yours truly can reveal that we are not happy to be corrected for our expression of personal opinion. We can confirm that this is the feeling of all of us.

Or Maggie T's "We have become a grandmother".

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shit face masks. So many horrendous efforts. Those black looking latex tight ones should be banned.

Fcking football club ones too. 
 

Although worse are the twats that won’t wear one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Drivers that shout 'cycle path' at cyclists on the road.  Do they shout 'field' when they overtake horses?

No, it's a warning to get out of their way as they are psycopaths.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/09/2020 at 19:31, Weston Super Saint said:

Drivers that shout 'cycle path' at cyclists on the road.  Do they shout 'field' when they overtake horses?

I got shouted at for walking in the road on the way back to my house. Something about a footpath but that is the other side of a thick hedge and you can’t get access to it from the direction that I came.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/09/2020 at 07:14, Weston Super Saint said:

It took a while but I figured this one out about 30 minutes into yesterday's ride ;) 

Come on. I know that you are pretty thick but surely even you didn't need 30 minutes to work that one out. 😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, whelk said:

Commentators constantly apologising ‘if you heard some bad language just then’

With you there. I’d understand if it was Songs of Praise or Gardner’s World but who the frig is getting upset by swearing at a football game?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

People at the gym gobbling and clearing their nasal passages in the showers. I don’t mean just having a quick spit, I mean the guys who sound like Concorde taking off, with full afterburners. The guy in the cubical next to me today sounded like he had Ebola, I half expected a coughed up lung to go drifting along the drain at the bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People who have an Instagram account for their dog. Made worse if it’s all written as if by the dog in the first person. "Hi I’m Benny, a 3 year old labradoodle, I’ll be keeping you updated with all the fun adventures I get up to!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

People who have an Instagram account for their dog. Made worse if it’s all written as if by the dog in the first person. "Hi I’m Benny, a 3 year old labradoodle, I’ll be keeping you updated with all the fun adventures I get up to!"

My boss has one. It followed my scarcely used Instagram account. I didn't follow it back because I don't like dogs and I don't care what it's up to. Utter waste of time. 

Another one is parents making social media accounts to host videos of their small kids playing football. I expect it's a desperate attempt to have them spotted by an academy or get some sort of sponsorship deal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, whelk said:

Surely if a dog can create its own Instagram account then might be worth following 

Looking at some of the females with social media accounts, there are quite a few dogs on Instagram and Twitter that are certainly not worth following.

Edited by badgerx16
Link to post
Share on other sites

This one happened agai n yesterday. Driving along the open road and somebody pulls out from an intersection forcing you to slow down when there is nobody behind you for miles. Why some people can't wait a few more seconds beats me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/10/2020 at 19:36, Lighthouse said:

People who have an Instagram account for their dog. Made worse if it’s all written as if by the dog in the first person. "Hi I’m Benny, a 3 year old labradoodle, I’ll be keeping you updated with all the fun adventures I get up to!"....shitting on the verge, whining all night, bounding up to your three year old who hates dogs and barking, getting kicked in the ribs by an angry dad.  

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})