The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

2 hours ago, warsash saint said:

Kunessburg, Marr, no criticism of the govt in any news reports,  near all reports of Labour negative,  no acknowledgement of the 35mil Youtube video, formal Tory leading the Org etc etc.. pretty conclusive i think!

I couldn’t pretend that was true if you put a gun to my head. It just isn’t. To believe that, you’re clearly on the left side of society, which is fine, but you have accept that’s where you are. You speak as if you’re some sort of moderate centrist and the majority of the country is right wing.

37 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What do you reckon the BBC employees voting % is, I reckon you’ll be lucky to find 20% that vote Tory. The lefts whinging about getting a fair hearing is just pony. They don’t lose elections because of bias, they lose elections because they’re out of touch with the electorate. Discussions about who has and hasn’t a cervix and calling people scum isn’t going to win over floating voters. They’re just appealing  to people who’d never vote Tory in a million years, people already on their side of the ledger. Fucking clowns. 

Cervix cervix cervix. Bahhhhh

On 29/09/2021 at 19:07, Lord Duckhunter said:

What do you reckon the BBC employees voting % is, I reckon you’ll be lucky to find 20% that vote Tory. The lefts whinging about getting a fair hearing is just pony. They don’t lose elections because of bias, they lose elections because they’re out of touch with the electorate. Discussions about who has and hasn’t a cervix and calling people scum isn’t going to win over floating voters. They’re just appealing  to people who’d never vote Tory in a million years, people already on their side of the ledger. Fucking clowns. 

Scum, scum, tory scum.  

I'm hungy, where is the pedigree chum

That was about their lot at the Labour conference.

19 minutes ago, whelk said:

Oh what a character he is ‘snapped’ out running this morning. No normal running gear for him as of course wouldn’t play to the much crafted eccentric buffoon. 

96D4BDD5-CE72-4EBB-8A94-63BC898DD1DF.jpeg

No. He pulled last night and that is him going home to explain to Carrie why he never returned home and how he lost his trousers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, whelk said:

Oh what a character he is ‘snapped’ out running this morning. No normal running gear for him as of course wouldn’t play to the much crafted eccentric buffoon. 

96D4BDD5-CE72-4EBB-8A94-63BC898DD1DF.jpeg

Supposedly he has been running with a personal trainer since he got covid last Spring. Yet he is just a flabby and out of shape as before. I'd be asking for my money back.  

26 minutes ago, badgerx16 said:

The obvious retort to that would be "scum floats to the top".

Indeed, paying to go to Eton invariably leads to the chums network running the country. Doesn’t matter how incompetent. People think a posh accent is a good indicator of leadership. Worked in WW1 too. Over the top boys what ho!

Blind leading the blind.

9 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

So the PM doesn't seem to understand how basic farming works....

How can he not grasp the difference between selling meat and destroying it?

Is it really thick or just doing a very good impression so that simpletons feel sorry for him?

He doesn't understand much about how anything works. He is a real world example of Monty Python's 'Upper Class Twit of the Year', demonstrating that no amount of money spent on an education can replace a head full of mashed potato. He is incapable of independant thought, is unable to answer questions, probably because he simply cannot comprehend what is being said, so reverts to waffle, prevarication, and as Greta said - "Blah, blah, blah".

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, rallyboy said:

So the PM doesn't seem to understand how basic farming works....

How can he not grasp the difference between selling meat and destroying it?

Is it really thick or just doing a very good impression so that simpletons feel sorry for him?

Nah, he know exactly what he's doing there.

a) in the moment, obfuscate and just muddy up the issue but pretending that Andrew Marr is objecting to the death of any animal rather than engage with the real issue

b) in the aftermath make the social media/wider coverage about him not understanding farming rather than the actual issue. He is using his own buffoon character as a human shield against actual policy analysis. In it's way it is clever and its why he wins.

Either way, just like the CO2 issue a couple of weeks back, this pig issue will get miraculously sorted, and played as a win for the government before the week is out. There's no doubt that as soon as he left that studio he told Defra to do whatever it takes so he can say he "saved the great British banger" in two days time.

Really the main issue is all the stuff he was coming out with on the restructuring of the world of work in the the UK is abject nonsense but probably scores well in focus groups. 

He's a master at what he does, I'll say that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Nah, he know exactly what he's doing there.

a) in the moment, obfuscate and just muddy up the issue but pretending that Andrew Marr is objecting to the death of any animal rather than engage with the real issue

b) in the aftermath make the social media/wider coverage about him not understanding farming rather than the actual issue. He is using his own buffoon character as a human shield against actual policy analysis. In it's way it is clever and its why he wins.

Either way, just like the CO2 issue a couple of weeks back, this pig issue will get miraculously sorted, and played as a win for the government before the week is out. There's no doubt that as soon as he left that studio he told Defra to do whatever it takes so he can say he "saved the great British banger" in two days time.

Really the main issue is all the stuff he was coming out with on the restructuring of the world of work in the the UK is abject nonsense but probably scores well in focus groups. 

He's a master at what he does, I'll say that.

Don’t forget throw in a bit of Ancient Greek. Great hetacomb - oh clever reference.

he used to get aides to phone his mobile which he deliberately left on during important briefings. Staged to cultivate the disorganised buffoon. Had to be told it didn’t wash as reporters had got wise to his repeated cynical stunt.

• Like 1

I also know someone who has worked closely with him since pandemic and says he has zero respect from civil servants and all the health experts. Not a huge revelation I know but he plays the fool in behind scenes meetings as well. 

Edited by whelk
  • Like 3

When Mayor of London he would be asked to speak at various events. He would breeze in late, apologise, sit and scribble something and then delivering an off the cuff speech. The audience would be charmed by how he pulled it together so quickly and effortlessly. Until you went to another one of these do's and saw the same routine and heard the exact same speech with the names changed.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, whelk said:

I also know someone who has worked closely with him since pandemic and says he has zero respect from civil servants and all the health experts. Not a huge revelation I know but he plays the fool in behind scenes meetings as well. 

I work for somebody who gets all the policy decisions he needs by paying Carrie three days consultancy pm. Its the cheapest deal in history.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, whelk said:

They look down on those who have the audacity to want to govern and who've studied to equip themselves to actually do it. Because they believe they're born to rule, and that along with their Eton/Oxbridge stint should be enough.

1 minute ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Quite fascinating.

The opinion seems to have moved from 'Boris is a fucking idiot' to 'Boris is a fucking genius' in the past 2 days.

The truth is, 'Boris is a politician' and will therefore be whatever you want him to be as he has zero morals or actual / tangible values.

Not moved at all. Thickos taken in by him get quite offended when highlighted what gullible fools they are but it doesn’t take much insight into seeing this charlatan for what he is though. Not holding too much hope for you Weston

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, whelk said:

He's not playing - it's genuine.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Not moved at all. Thickos taken in by him get quite offended when highlighted what gullible fools they are but it doesn’t take much insight into seeing this charlatan for what he is though. Not holding too much hope for you Weston

I assume you didn't understand when I wrote :

The truth is, 'Boris is a politician' and will therefore be whatever you want him to be as he has zero morals or actual / tangible values.

4 hours ago, whelk said:

I had a mate who worked in the Foreign Office when Boris was in charge.

Worst Foreign Secretary ever in the mind of many who worked in the Dept!!

• Like 2

Only caught glimpses of it, seemed like someone over-doing an impression of Boris rather than the great man himself. I must say I'm looking forward to the high-skills, high-paid UK, he said it so it's gonna happen, probably along with hyper inflation and mountains of burning pig corpses, as now we're chronically short of qualified butchers apparently. He really is a weird mix of Trump and Bertie Wooster, a manufactured persona of a bumbling buffoon which should have been abandoned as soon as he reached high office. Corbyn has a lot to answer for that's all I can say.

• Like 3

Anyone listen to Edwina Currie on the radio giving advice how to get a pay increase or a company car?

All seems very easy in the Conservative bubble expounded by Boris the Buffoon and his like minded buddies.

I think the way forward for us all is to follow the example of politicians in general ie put up with no increase in basic pay but shaft their employers by fiddling expenses (tax free!!)

On 04/10/2021 at 12:55, whelk said:

If all that's left of him is an end-of-the-pier entertainer, I know a good one in Brighton

• Like 1

I like the quote ‘all too many civil servants have failed to see covid as a challenge’

Not frustrated at the clowns above them. They were all making great decisions but the waster below them that were the issue. Let’s cut more of them and build back better. 

Edited by whelk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

We used to build cars without robots. Why are we not doing that and getting the working man back on the factory floor?

They were also built without microchips, so the supply chain was easier to manage. No hanging around waiting for a container to arrive fron China.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, whelk said:

Now an ideological issue for some of these twats. Staggeringly thick

3197583F-601E-42EC-8F00-E3F768ADDB57.jpeg

If you’re a manager of people, you’ll have gone through the same cycle last autumn of preparing a team to part-return, doing COVID age tests with your team members to risk assess and trying to work out how many desks you can actually fit in plus core equipment if needing to socially distance later in the autumn/winter/early spring. Restrictions had restarted by this time last year so it was all in vain. HR policies are useless because the buildings can only hold 30% of the workforce at up to 2m distance which understandably OH professionals want to prepare for. This without the actual day to day technical content and core expertise your jobs require to deliver in order to keep the organisation on track for customers and users so it is on the right side of P and L.

None of which people like IDS who have never spent anytime in the real world or managed people would have a clue about. The nanny just sorted out the kids so no issues with rebooting arrangements with childminders and daycare if they still exist in your areas. The tabloids are really brown nosing this morning, I think they have had some bollockings about not toeing the government line. DT has a lead on Boris and the ECJ and more guff from Truss about equality of opportunity - nothing like priorities in a national crisis - Mail following IDS’s lead like a love struck puppy and the Express is pure Conservative Home ignoring the fact the government hasn’t a clue on how energy markets work.

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

But having a go at the jobs that can work from home with a bit of WW2 rhetoric will play well to the blue collar tories.  

Yes. Let us never forget WW2.

The fact that my dad is now a very old man but wasnt a teenager when WW2 finished doesn't stop its relevancy to the Tory press. The fact that if you mention "the war" the vast majority of the population will know what you mean indicates its hold that it still has on the UK. When will we ever move on??

Blimey - the second world war was so long ago that Pompey were in the top flight!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Rather worryingly the Foreign Secretary also needs a geography lesson!

Do you think the 'best and brightest' would know that she has used a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge, with the traffic driving on the right?

Is the Golden Gate bridge not part of the 'world' that she mentions and therefore somewhere where 'global talent' might come from?

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.