The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

I see the Tories are moving the tax office to Newcastle and renting the offices from a tax exile tory donor based in the BVI. Before Boris's government you would say you couldn't make it up, not anymore this is regular stuff now.

They want to back an independent football regulator, so there is another position they can stick an unelected tory on the gravy train. Loyality and patronage, we are becoming a little Russia.

Anglo French antics over the cross border migrant talks pathetic from both Macron and Johnson especially in . Neither are fit to be in government frankly. Patel doesn’t understand irony - criticising the press for using the term ‘migrant’ when her party has spent 11 years creating a ‘hostile’ environment which they are so proud of. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Anglo French antics over the cross border migrant talks pathetic from both Macron and Johnson especially in . Neither are fit to be in government frankly. Patel doesn’t understand irony - criticising the press for using the term ‘migrant’ when her party has spent 11 years creating a ‘hostile’ environment which they are so proud of. 

Totally agree. It doesn’t take much to piss of the French but it takes a special type of incompetent diplomat to piss them off to the extent where they pull the plug on a crucial meeting just after 27 people have lost their lives. Neither side has covered themselves in glory over the handling of this situation but when we have Johnson and Patel handling these affairs we are hamstrung from the start.

The point was well made on QT last night, the labelling of these people hasn’t helped. They are human beings and need to be treated as such. One of the problems seems to be that you actually have to be here before you can claim asylum. Is it really beyond the capability of our government along with the EU to set up a system where you can apply and have that application processed at clearing station outside the UK? It doesn’t help that we have over 80,000 claims waiting to be processed at the moment. Yet another incidence of our not having the resources to deal with an issue. It has been over a year since Patel said she was going to sort this yet it is getting worse by the week. It isn’t just a UK/France problem. The issues in the Middle East are affecting many EU countries along with Turkey. There needs to be a collective of joined up thinking and action by all affected nations, but the Anglo/French meeting would have been a start. So much for that.

35 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Totally agree. It doesn’t take much to piss of the French but it takes a special type of incompetent diplomat to piss them off to the extent where they pull the plug on a crucial meeting just after 27 people have lost their lives. Neither side has covered themselves in glory over the handling of this situation but when we have Johnson and Patel handling these affairs we are hamstrung from the start.

The point was well made on QT last night, the labelling of these people hasn’t helped. They are human beings and need to be treated as such. One of the problems seems to be that you actually have to be here before you can claim asylum. Is it really beyond the capability of our government along with the EU to set up a system where you can apply and have that application processed at clearing station outside the UK? It doesn’t help that we have over 80,000 claims waiting to be processed at the moment. Yet another incidence of our not having the resources to deal with an issue. It has been over a year since Patel said she was going to sort this yet it is getting worse by the week. It isn’t just a UK/France problem. The issues in the Middle East are affecting many EU countries along with Turkey. There needs to be a collective of joined up thinking and action by all affected nations, but the Anglo/French meeting would have been a start. So much for that.

So, Migrants are being watched by French police / French coast guard, getting into dinghy's on a French beach to start an illegal journey from France, and somehow this is the fault of Boris Johnson?

Maybe we should copy the EU playbook and do what is happening on the Belarus border.  

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

So, Migrants are being watched by French police / French coast guard, getting into dinghy's on a French beach to start an illegal journey from France, and somehow this is the fault of Boris Johnson?

Maybe we should copy the EU playbook and do what is happening on the Belarus border.  

Absolutely no surprise that you should write this drivel Delldays/Batman. Try reading things before jumping to your usual anti Johnny Foreigner rhetoric. Since when has been getting in a dingy been “illegal”. You sound like the love child of Priti Patel and any one of the Tory front bench. Tell me, since when has it been illegal to seek asylum in another country? 

Just now, sadoldgit said:

Absolutely no surprise that you should write this drivel Delldays/Batman. Try reading things before jumping to your usual anti Johnny Foreigner rhetoric. Since when has been getting in a dingy been “illegal”. You sound like the love child of Priti Patel and any one of the Tory front bench. Tell me, since when has it been illegal to seek asylum in another country? 

Why do you keep calling me Delldays/Batman? That is not me.  I used to pose on here years ago, but that person is not me.  I do know who you are though as we have met before (in real life).  You were a smug cunt then and remain so today.

Their crossing of the channel is illegal.  The French authorities sit and watch it happen (knowing people will die) and all you can do is have a pop at the Tory's?

Do you believe we should copy what the EU are doing and use force to 'protect' our border?

• Haha 3

Why does Boris even need to send that letter? All it has done is provoke Macron further. Apparently the initial bilateral talks with Patel went well so why hasn’t he trusted his own Home Secretary to continue those with an informal briefing on key objectives? I’d be spewing if I was in her position. He’s an inept twat, and worst ever PM, that’s why he is getting hammered. Was worst Foreign Secretary on record and more evidence as to why. 

So is Macron, two talentless egos who could support their counterparts efforts in coming up with a strategy to reduce future tragedies but instead we have Brexit and NI border replayed again in a different arena because they have their balls in a wheelbarrow. He will probably give this to Frost to mess up as well. He couldn’t be a Sherpa for a walk on Butser Hill. 

France, UK, EU, migrants all deserve better than this. 

Edited by saint1977
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

Why does Boris even need to send that letter? All it has done is provoke Macron further. Apparently the initial bilateral talks with Patel went well so why hasn’t he trusted his own Home Secretary to continue those with an informal briefing on key objectives? I’d be spewing if I was in her position. He’s an inept twat, and worst ever PM, that’s why he is getting hammered. Was worst Foreign Secretary on record and more evidence as to why. 

So is Macron, two talentless egos who could support their counterparts efforts in coming up with a strategy to reduce future tragedies but instead we have Brexit and NI border replayed again in a different arena because they have their balls in a wheelbarrow. He will probably give this to Frost to mess up as well. He couldn’t be a Sherpa for a walk on Buster Hill. 

France, UK, EU, migrants all deserve better than this. 

Not only did he send the letter but he made it public!! Megaphone diplomacy.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Why do you keep calling me Delldays/Batman? That is not me.  I used to pose on here years ago, but that person is not me.  I do know who you are though as we have met before (in real life).  You were a smug cunt then and remain so today.

Their crossing of the channel is illegal.  The French authorities sit and watch it happen (knowing people will die) and all you can do is have a pop at the Tory's?

Do you believe we should copy what the EU are doing and use force to 'protect' our border?

I call you Delldays/Batman because that is who you are. You have been banned from here twice but keep coming back.

Where have we met? I used to work around the Camden area, perhaps you cooked me breakfast in one of the cafes? 😉 I’m sure I would have remembered you. Oh, and I’d rather be a smug cnut than a bigoted, blinkered Little Englander.

I should have mentioned that the reason Macron was so incensed was because Johnson’s letter was totally at odds with a conversation that they had on Wednesday evening. So unlike Johnson to say one thing and do another!

If you go back and read my post again you will see my thoughts on the issue, not that it will be sorted out by a few internet keyboard warriors. 

15 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I call you Delldays/Batman because that is who you are. You have been banned from here twice but keep coming back.

Where have we met? I used to work around the Camden area, perhaps you cooked me breakfast in one of the cafes? 😉 I’m sure I would have remembered you. Oh, and I’d rather be a smug cnut than a bigoted, blinkered Little Englander.

I should have mentioned that the reason Macron was so incensed was because Johnson’s letter was totally at odds with a conversation that they had on Wednesday evening. So unlike Johnson to say one thing and do another!

If you go back and read my post again you will see my thoughts on the issue, not that it will be sorted out by a few internet keyboard warriors. 

Jesus.

2 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

The point was well made on QT last night, the labelling of these people hasn’t helped. They are human beings and need to be treated as such. 

What a load of old pony. 

Of course you need to label people, that’s how you differentiate and decide who is deserving of refugee status  and who isn’t. 

Who isn’t being treated as a “human”? And in what way are they not treated as a “human” by the British? 

Talk of irony, the Brits can't understand why the French may not want British soldiers/police patrolling French beaches.

It's too simple for the UK government to claim this is a French problem, the migrants are only in France in order to get to England. If it was the otherway around we would be acting like the French.

1 hour ago, Fan The Flames said:

Talk of irony, the Brits can't understand why the French may not want British soldiers/police patrolling French beaches.

It's too simple for the UK government to claim this is a French problem, the migrants are only in France in order to get to England. If it was the otherway around we would be acting like the French.

Yes, we would and Boris and Patel would be supplying the boats

Why don't these migrants claim asylum in Germany, or France, or any number of safe countries they must have passed through on route to the French coast? Some say it's the English language that many speak, or it may be an open secret that our administration of asylum applications is a farce any once here they will probably remain. The unpalatable truth is, that despite any decent person feeling the utmost sympathy with their plight, no country really wants to deal with tens of thousands of people arriving each year, year on year. The French are happy to blame the UK for their obvious failure to deal with the problem of thousands of people risking their lives attempting to cross the Channel, I know I'd have to be pretty desperate to get in a RIB and sail 30 miles in winter conditons. And they are that desperate, most have sold what possessions they had to pay smugglers, they have nothing and nowhere to go. The French have done close to fuck all to tackle the problem, then point blank refuse any help the UK has offered with patrols etc, typical hubristic arrogant lot that they are.

13 hours ago, kyle04 said:

Why don't these migrants claim asylum in Germany, or France, or any number of safe countries they must have passed through on route to the French coast? Some say it's the English language that many speak, or it may be an open secret that our administration of asylum applications is a farce any once here they will probably remain. The unpalatable truth is, that despite any decent person feeling the utmost sympathy with their plight, no country really wants to deal with tens of thousands of people arriving each year, year on year. The French are happy to blame the UK for their obvious failure to deal with the problem of thousands of people risking their lives attempting to cross the Channel, I know I'd have to be pretty desperate to get in a RIB and sail 30 miles in winter conditons. And they are that desperate, most have sold what possessions they had to pay smugglers, they have nothing and nowhere to go. The French have done close to fuck all to tackle the problem, then point blank refuse any help the UK has offered with patrols etc, typical hubristic arrogant lot that they are.

Loads do claim asylum in all those other countries you mention, but some want to come to England. Contrary to popular opinion we are not top of the list for taking in migrants. European countries and the US are attractive to people because they come from war torn areas or backward dumps run by religious nutters. Its natural they would be looking for a better place to live and bring up their family.

You are right though, no government wants this level of this type of migration but at the moment this is a worldwide phenomenon. There are thousands of Central Americans trying to get to America as well and their are millions of dispersed people in neighbouring countries. And Turkey is a host for millions of migrants, with out them they would all be in Europe.

The French have done loads, the reason why people get in boats is because they can no longer get on to lorries because of all the security measures around ports. 

The Channel was once seen as an advantage, because border security believed people wouldn't try to cross it. But now it has been proved to be a viable option it is impossible to control from your border. Once people are in our water, we are bound by international law to protect them and you can't push them back. A land border is easier to patrol, you can put up defenses and stop people entering. This is why we want to patrol the French beaches. 

The world is a turbulent place creating lots a dispersed people and this isn't an easy problem to solve. That's why Pritti has solved it, and it won't be solved by tory soundbites or by tweeting five point plans.

• Like 4

Some people want to come to the UK because they already have family and friends here and therefore somewhere to stay.

As FTF says above this is a whole world issue and in no way just related to us. I don't actually think it's something the government can ever completely solve. The sheer desperation of some people, and the money made by others, will mean that a number will get around whatever measures are put in place 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Some people want to come to the UK because they already have family and friends here and therefore somewhere to stay.

As FTF says above this is a whole world issue and in no way just related to us. I don't actually think it's something the government can ever completely solve. The sheer desperation of some people, and the money made by others, will mean that a number will get around whatever measures are put in place 

I thought it was that in the UK you can combine universal credit with a bit of begging and get considerably rich and start buying a sports car or two.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Jesus.

C’mon Jaime, we all know who you are! Strange that you should suddenly appear not long after the banning of Delldays/Batman with exactly the same mind set and opinions. When you say you used to pose on here I am assuming you meant post? Why change you posting details if you were returning after a long lay off? You are Delldays/Batman.

Strange also that you should suddenly claim to have met me given the years we have shared a forum together and you only mention it now? Perhaps you would like to tell me when, where and at what function we met? The Saints fans I have met have mostly been decent folks, I would certainly have remembered you.

23 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of old pony. 

Of course you need to label people, that’s how you differentiate and decide who is deserving of refugee status  and who isn’t. 

Who isn’t being treated as a “human”? And in what way are they not treated as a “human” by the British? 

You love a label Duckie - chicks, 9 pinters, pinkos, sweaties etc. 😉

The trouble with this label is that they are normally labelled “illegal immigrants” which is a pejorative term and also untrue. They are mostly asylum seekers. The person on QT put it much better than that, but terms used (including those used by the Home Secretary) tend to dehumanise these people and play to the xenophobes amongst us.

My wife made the very same point the other night after seeing some of these people interviewed on the news. She said you just hear reports of migrants numbers and see shadowy people in boats, but when you hear their stories and see them with their children around open fires they become real people. They have always been real people it is just they way they are presented turns them into “units” (as said by the person on QT) which detracts from the human element.

Patel promised to do something about this a year ago but the problem just gets worse. Johnson has now caused a rift with the very people we need to be working with to deal with these issues by playing to the gallery on Twitter.

Could we have any any more incompetent PM or cabinet?

On 26/11/2021 at 06:33, AlexLaw76 said:

Why do you keep calling me Delldays/Batman? That is not me.  

I just love Jamie's / Alex's / Batman's relentless negativity about Southampton  - both the city ("shithole") and football team ("relegation certainties before each season starts"). Its a bit of an identity giveaway.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

The trouble with this label is that they are normally labelled “illegal immigrants” which is a pejorative term and also untrue. They are mostly asylum seekers. The person on QT put it much better than that, but terms used (including those used by the Home Secretary) tend to dehumanise these people and play to the xenophobes amongst us.

My wife made the very same point the other night after seeing some of these people interviewed on the news. 

What a load of old pony. 

You claimed that they weren’t treated like humans, yet the only example you can give is asylum seekers that maybe called illegal immigrants. In the grand scheme of mans inhumanity to other men, mis labelling someone is hardly dehumanising people. Once they get here and put their claims in, they’re treated with respect and like human beings by the British state. Stop trying to pretend otherwise. 

Your wife sounds as soft arsed as you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sadoldgit said:

Patel promised to do something about this a year ago but the problem just gets worse. 

So what’s your solution?

How do you stop people leaving a safe country like France and trying to get into the UK? 

I presume your definition of “doing something about it” is letting them all in via airports, ferries & the Tunnel. That’ll stop the dangerous crossings, won’t it? 

53 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

So what’s your solution?

How do you stop people leaving a safe country like France and trying to get into the UK? 

I presume your definition of “doing something about it” is letting them all in via airports, ferries & the Tunnel. That’ll stop the dangerous crossings, won’t it? 

It is undoubtedly a problem with no easy answer. Patel however should stop pretending that there is one. Her repeated ineffective claims that she is going to get tough on the boats may be designed to woo Tory party members but make her look lightweight and naive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of old pony. 

You claimed that they weren’t treated like humans, yet the only example you can give is asylum seekers that maybe called illegal immigrants. In the grand scheme of mans inhumanity to other men, mis labelling someone is hardly dehumanising people. Once they get here and put their claims in, they’re treated with respect and like human beings by the British state. Stop trying to pretend otherwise. 

Your wife sounds as soft arsed as you. 

Once they get here….but you are okay with them living in crappy camps and then being turned around at sea (against international law). Carry on pretending that your lot don’t think that they are all would be jihadis or social benefit scroungers

My wife is a decent caring human being and if you think that is a problem then I feel sorry for your “snap dragon” (another one of your silly labels)

3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

So what’s your solution?

It’s a difficult problem but from what I can see the only solution would be to actually work with the French, come to an agreement about how many we take and how many stay in France, process them in Calais and provide safe passage for those we take.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

but you are okay with them living in crappy camps and then being turned around at sea (against international law). 

What a load of old pony. 

None of them that reach The UK get “turned around at sea” and none of them live in “crappy camps” in the UK.

If they’re living in crappy camps in France, that’s down to the French & The wonderful EU. 

• Like 1

On 26/11/2021 at 09:43, sadoldgit said:

Is it really beyond the capability of our government along with the EU to set up a system where you can apply and have that application processed at clearing station outside the UK? 

Ok genius, how’s this going to work? 

Is your “clearing station” in France or a third country? If it’s in France, what’s the incentive for people to go to the “clearing station” and risk being told no, when they can cross the English Channel and disappear upon arrival. Like now in fact.

If your “clearing station” is in a third country, and the people want to stay in France, are they forcibly removed by the French and taken to a third country?

Can nobody claim asylum in the UK anymore? If somebody flees Syria by stowing away on a plane or a boat, will he be forcibly removed to a “clearing station” abroad, despite the fact that you can claim asylum if you arrive in a safe country? Are you writing off this basic human right that we’ve adhered to for years? 

What happens if people are caught in English waters or on landing, are they forcibly removed to a “clearing station” abroad. This is Nigel Farage’s solution, perhaps you’re coming round to Nigel’s way of thinking. 

You seem to think “clearing stations” abroad are the solution, I’d be interested in the practicalities, because to me it’s just a load of old simplistic right wing pony. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Confused 1

On 26/11/2021 at 12:02, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of old pony.

7 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of old pony.

1 hour ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

What a load of old pony.

23 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

.......a load of old simplistic right wing pony.

You need some new material.

• Like 1

The French are routinely renaging on the 2019 agreement to intercept migrants and return them to the nearest safe port (which would be Calais in their case). In many situations migrant vessels are merely escorted past the mile-wide “separation zone” by French ships and into UK waters, and left for our authorities to deal with. This is a common occurrence. Imagine the uproar if our ships then towed the migrant boats back into French waters then just fucked off.

16 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Ok genius, how’s this going to work? 

Is your “clearing station” in France or a third country? If it’s in France, what’s the incentive for people to go to the “clearing station” and risk being told no, when they can cross the English Channel and disappear upon arrival. Like now in fact.

If your “clearing station” is in a third country, and the people want to stay in France, are they forcibly removed by the French and taken to a third country?

Can nobody claim asylum in the UK anymore? If somebody flees Syria by stowing away on a plane or a boat, will he be forcibly removed to a “clearing station” abroad, despite the fact that you can claim asylum if you arrive in a safe country? Are you writing off this basic human right that we’ve adhered to for years? 

What happens if people are caught in English waters or on landing, are they forcibly removed to a “clearing station” abroad. This is Nigel Farage’s solution, perhaps you’re coming round to Nigel’s way of thinking. 

You seem to think “clearing stations” abroad are the solution, I’d be interested in the practicalities, because to me it’s just a load of old simplistic right wing pony. 

Do you ever respond to a post without throwing insults about? How many people “disappear” as soon as they get here exactly? Most come here and apply for asylum because that is the only way to apply. 98% of those landing here apply for asylum.

Are you honestly telling me that in 2021, with all of our modern state of the art technology that it is beyond us to sort out a system of applying when abroad? 

Clearly if some are picked up in British (not English) waters then they are brought back here for the processing, not sure where Farage comes into it?

The incentive is exactly the same. They need to apply for asylum whether be here or somewhere else so surely the risk of being told no is exactly the same? 

I don’t think, under international law, that you can return refugees to danger (not that it bothers Patel) so even if they are refused asylum here there needs to be found somewhere safe for them to settle. Seems plenty of incentive to be in the system to me.

I am struggling to understand why you have such a problem with people trying to find a new and more secure life for themselves and their families are trying to find a way to prevent these awful tragedies? Perhaps, because you are such a tough guy and not a soft arsed pinko you are happy with people drowning in the channel? The party and the PM that you voted in have told us that this will be sorted but it is getting worse. It is not for me to sort this out and improve a totally inadequate system for dealing with asylum seekers, it is down to the people you voted for. Perhaps instead of throwing redundant 60’s words and phrases around you would do better to ask your party why we have a growing problem in this area? While you are at it you can ask what they are going to do about the labour shortage since we left the EU.

5 hours ago, sadoldgit said:

Are you honestly telling me that in 2021, with all of our modern state of the art technology that it is beyond us to sort out a system of applying when abroad? 

Clearly if some are picked up in British (not English) waters then they are brought back here for the processing, not sure where Farage comes into it?

The incentive is exactly the same. They need to apply for asylum whether be here or somewhere else so surely the risk of being told no is exactly the same? 

You’re all over the place.

You claimed having “clearing stations” abroad would sole the crisis of people  making dangerous sea crossings. This is complete and utter simplistic pony, normally peddled from the right, but in this case peddled by a soft arsed leftie. 

Read your answers. You said, if they’re picked in English waters, they come to England to be processed, so why would your foreign “clearing station” stop people crossing? 

You said, the incentive is exactly the same, whether they’re at your foreign “clearing station” or in English waters. This is pony, if they’re turned down, where do they go? If a bloke has no passport and says he’s Syrian, where do we send him. What if he says he’s American, do you really think we can just send him back and the yanks will take him with no proof of citizenship. If you can’t establish where someone is from, you can’t send them anywhere. So they stay in the country they’re processed in. Which will be,foreign cleaning station land or the uk. Do you still think the incentive is still the same for both? 

You have t thought this through have you?

16 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You’re all over the place.

You claimed having “clearing stations” abroad would sole the crisis of people  making dangerous sea crossings. This is complete and utter simplistic pony, normally peddled from the right, but in this case peddled by a soft arsed leftie. 

Read your answers. You said, if they’re picked in English waters, they come to England to be processed, so why would your foreign “clearing station” stop people crossing? 

You said, the incentive is exactly the same, whether they’re at your foreign “clearing station” or in English waters. This is pony, if they’re turned down, where do they go? If a bloke has no passport and says he’s Syrian, where do we send him. What if he says he’s American, do you really think we can just send him back and the yanks will take him with no proof of citizenship. If you can’t establish where someone is from, you can’t send them anywhere. So they stay in the country they’re processed in. Which will be,foreign cleaning station land or the uk. Do you still think the incentive is still the same for both? 

You have t thought this through have you?

I’m all over the place? For a start I have no idea what the solution to this problem is and it is not my place to sort it out, but clearly the current system that we have in place encourages people to risk their lives in crossing the channel in small boats so something needs to change. If you can apply here for asylum why can’t you apply abroad? We have embassies all around the world. Why can’t they deal with these issues? If people are applying for asylum I assume that providing full and comprehensive details of where they came from is part of the process. Why would it be such a problem to get this information? You seem to assume that they are all bogus?

If they could apply abroad then they wouldn’t need to risk their lives crossing the channel to apply here. As it stands you have to be here to apply for asylum.It really isn’t that hard to understand Duckie. What this has to do with the likes of the far right only you will know. I thought that they were against immigration so why would they want to make asylum applications easier? If anything they would want to make it harder wouldn’t they?

Even with this incompetent bunch I assume that in order to satisfy the conditions of refugee status and be eligible for asylum you would need to provide verifiable details of where you have come from. I may be wrong but you seem to assume that the people who wash up in a beaches disappear into the night. That maybe be true of 2% of them but according to people who work with these people 98% don’t.

You give the impression that you think that all of these people are dodgy benefit seekers or jihadis and come across, if you forgive the expression, as a stereotypical “gammon”. ( I use that label because you only seem to understand stereotypical labels).

It is you who are all over the place Duckie. Perhaps you have been smoking too much dope? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Can you post a reputable link to this claim please.

Thank you

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/nov/17/most-people-who-risk-channel-boat-crossings-are-refugees-report

According to the Home Office, 98% of people coming across the Channel apply for asylum

There's this really useful thing called Google. Maybe you could try it yourself.

25 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

I’m all over the place? For a start I have no idea what the solution to this problem is and it is not my place to sort it out, but clearly the current system that we have in place encourages people to risk their lives in crossing the channel in small boats so something needs to change. If you can apply here for asylum why can’t you apply abroad? We have embassies all around the world. Why can’t they deal with these issues? If people are applying for asylum I assume that providing full and comprehensive details of where they came from is part of the process. Why would it be such a problem to get this information? You seem to assume that they are all bogus?

If they could apply abroad then they wouldn’t need to risk their lives crossing the channel to apply here. As it stands you have to be here to apply for asylum.It really isn’t that hard to understand Duckie. 

Even with this incompetent bunch I assume that in order to satisfy the conditions of refugee status and be eligible for asylum you would need to provide verifiable details of where you have come from. 

You are fucking clueless.

People attempting to cross into the uk, don’t have “verifiable details” of where they came from. If they did they run the risk of being returned to their home country. Answer me this genius, how do you send people home, if you don’t know where they come from? You can’t, they stay in the UK. So under the “soggy system” foreign clearing stations won’t stop anyone attempting to cross the sea. Once they’re here, there’s nowhere to return them to. The only way foreign clearing stations will work is if everyone applying in the uk is shipped out to them as well. Until the people crossing the sea, don’t get to stay in the uk, you won’t stop people doing it. Good luck with getting a country to agree to take them, and good luck trying to get that through Parliament. It’s Nigel Farages solution, oh and Soggys. 

You claimed it was easy to sort out and the Gov should have done so. It isn’t, you just wanted the slag Priti and Johnston off before engaging your brain. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-n

13 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/nov/17/most-people-who-risk-channel-boat-crossings-are-refugees-report

There's this really useful thing called Google. Maybe you could try it yourself.

ews/2021/nov/17/most-people-who-risk-channel-boat-crossings-are-refugees-report

I was not asking how many apply for asylum, I asked how does Sadoldgit know that 98% do not disappear "into the night"?

Edited by AlexLaw76

23 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

You give the impression that you think that all of these people are dodgy benefit seekers or jihadis and come across, if you forgive the expression, as a stereotypical “gammon”.

Ouistreham used to be a lovely little seaside port where you could wait quietly for your ferry by the riverside until boarding started. 

Then a few years ago the migrants arrived and started living in tents and trying to force their way onto lorries and that’s when the fences and razor wire were put in place. There are armed officials patrolling the dock area too. 
These migrants are all of a similar demographic and in my opinion regarding unlikely to become doctors or university lecturers any time soon. They are without exception young males and my guess would be from somewhere like Somalia or similar.

11 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I was not asking how many apply for asylum, I asked how does Sadoldgit know that 98% do not disappear "into the night"?

Perhaps because that's the official Home Office estimate, and if they are applying for asylum then they are obviously not disappearing into the night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sheaf Saint said:

Perhaps because that's the official Home Office estimate, and if they are applying for asylum then they are obviously not disappearing into the night.

Obviously!

One thing is for sure, the govt knows the where abouts of 98% of those entering the country for asylum.

How do they achieve this, I am interested to know?

Edited by AlexLaw76

27 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

People attempting to cross into the uk, don’t have “verifiable details” of where they came from. If they did they run the risk of being returned to their home country. Answer me this genius, how do you send people home, if you don’t know where they come from? You can’t, they stay in the UK. So under the “soggy system” foreign clearing stations won’t stop anyone attempting to cross the sea. Once they’re here, there’s nowhere to return them to. The only way foreign clearing stations will work is if everyone applying in the uk is shipped out to them as well. Until the people crossing the sea, don’t get to stay in the uk, you won’t stop people doing it. Good luck with getting a country to agree to take them, and good luck trying to get that through Parliament. 

Basically this. Our only option is to be nice to France and get them to stem the flow for us. Why the fuck we are antagonising them like they are the enemy, God only knows.    

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 2

We

20 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Ouistreham used to be a lovely little seaside port where you could wait quietly for your ferry by the riverside until boarding started. 

Then a few years ago the migrants arrived and started living in tents and trying to force their way onto lorries and that’s when the fences and razor wire were put in place. There are armed officials patrolling the dock area too. 
These migrants are all of a similar demographic and in my opinion regarding unlikely to become doctors or university lecturers any time soon. They are without exception young males and my guess would be from somewhere like Somalia or similar.

We seem to be talking about two different types of people. I am talking about the genuine asylum seekers. As for not being doctors or going to university any time soon, don’t we need HGV drivers, fruit pickers, bricklayers etc too?

11 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Obviously!

One thing is for sure, the govt knows the where abouts of 98% of those entering the country for asylum.

How do they achieve this, I am interested to know?

Perhaps some do go off grid once they've made their application and been sent to accommodation somewhere, although it's unlikely to help their case. But that's not the same as disappearing as soon as they land is it. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

You are fucking clueless.

People attempting to cross into the uk, don’t have “verifiable details” of where they came from. If they did they run the risk of being returned to their home country. Answer me this genius, how do you send people home, if you don’t know where they come from? You can’t, they stay in the UK. So under the “soggy system” foreign clearing stations won’t stop anyone attempting to cross the sea. Once they’re here, there’s nowhere to return them to. The only way foreign clearing stations will work is if everyone applying in the uk is shipped out to them as well. Until the people crossing the sea, don’t get to stay in the uk, you won’t stop people doing it. Good luck with getting a country to agree to take them, and good luck trying to get that through Parliament. It’s Nigel Farages solution, oh and Soggys. 

You claimed it was easy to sort out and the Gov should have done so. It isn’t, you just wanted the slag Priti and Johnston off before engaging your brain. 

We should just let them all in, as long as they keep away from Romney Marsh.

1 hour ago, Whitey Grandad said:

Is that worn torn, terriorist ravaged, 75% below the poverty line Somalia, that one?

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.