The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.

CB Fry

SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election  

193 members have voted

1. 1. SWF (Non Legally Binding) General Election

• Conservatives
    • Labour
    • Liberals
    • UKIP
    • Green
    • Brexit
    • Change UK
    • Other

Anyone left to defend this shower? Christ , shame used to be a good conservative bulwark against this kind of stuff. There is no shame, embarrassment any more. There will be no resignations.

There will be some distraction conveniently trotted out. Does it not get tiresome to defend this and just admit they are grifters, liars and Charlatans?

Is tribalism so ingrained that the Bozo sycophants much defend him at all cost.

Line the Fucker’s up and throw fucking tomatoes and rotten cabbages at them. Scum is what there are and always will be.

• Like 1

Simon Jupp - East Devon MP - has claimed in a response to a constituent that Downing St staff are key workers. That is as weak as excuses come. Still, I’m sure the sheep there will vote him back in with a 20000+ majority. Better to apply pressure to metropolitan seats where voters might have the gumption to chuck their MP out next time. Nice distraction to avoiding a public enquiry as well on where the £34bn went with their mate Dido Harding on track and trace. 

I’ve never voted Labour before but Starmer has to be better than this shower, surely? Even the England top order in the Ashes would be an improvement and they are flaky as ever!

People can’t even protest properly now with the new policing bill and now Boris is going to ignore judges’ rulings he doesn’t like. Mini Trump. 

Edited by saint1977

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

Starmer should destroy him at PMQs today. Perfect timing. 

I would imagine something will "happen" at about eleven o'clock this morning - Allegra Stratton resigns, an enquiry is "set up" to allow the PM to go to PMQs and shamelessly pontificate about how he has taken "action" and "sorted out" the thing he has been instructing his people to deny/lie about for the last ten days.

Shameless but it will probably work, and Starmer hadnt got the righteous anger or theatrics to capitalise.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Well, I think we can safely say that at least one person from The Sun was at the Downing Street party last year. They've managed to find a completely different front page story for tomorrow. 

Meanwhile ITV News at Ten went in harder than any British news program I can remember. Not sure old Trevor Mcdonald would deliver such a polemic. Ooof.

Will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

(additional- current Sun deputy editor was part of Downing Street comms team last year, so fairly safe to assume he probably was there.)

The Star's front page today is worth a look. Brilliant.

It is like shooting fish in a barrel for the Opposition.  What do they go for this week? The Christmas party? The Kabul evacuation? The chumocracy?

The sad thing is that next week you know there will be another list of cock ups /  lies/ corruption for them to choose from. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CB Fry said:

I would imagine something will "happen" at about eleven o'clock this morning - Allegra Stratton resigns, an enquiry is "set up" to allow the PM to go to PMQs and shamelessly pontificate about how he has taken "action" and "sorted out" the thing he has been instructing his people to deny/lie about for the last ten days.

Shameless but it will probably work, and Starmer hadnt got the righteous anger or theatrics to capitalise.

It’s already in progress, they’re talk of a ‘Boris a Johnson press conference today’ plus adjustments to COVID restrictions.

PMQs should be an opportunity for labour but it’ll just be reduced to the usual defence and deflect from the Tories, keep denying it was a party and say that all regulations were followed, and then sum it up all with a healthy dose of ‘but Labour’.

And on we go. This whole affair should have heads rolling but not a chance here, Tories are in too deep now so lying about it and circling the wagons around no regulations broken is their only option.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

And on we go. This whole affair should have heads rolling but not a chance here, Tories are in too deep now so lying about it and circling the wagons around no regulations broken is their only option.

They keep denying it, but history should show them that it wasn't the burglary that forced Nixon to quit, it was the cover up! 

30 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

The brazen-ness was "better" than I expected - clambering up to his own moral high ground to accuse others of "playing politics". Absolutely masterful stuff.

I also liked “the British public don’t want to hear about this, they want to see us getting on with COVID”. As if doing one precludes doing the other.

Sadly, there are plenty out there who will defend the shaggy haired fat cunt all the way on this. There are plenty who are saying “it was a year ago and we all broke rules”.

• Like 3

Partying when the rest of us were in lockdown, enjoying a nice holiday while the shit hits the fan in Afghanistan - all these stories hitting the front pages and it is only Wednesday. Still, par for the course for Johnson and the other incompetents in his cabinet. Yet still people defend for them and vote for them. Perhaps Starmer should stop attacking Johnson as the bloke is clearly made of Teflon and start on the idiots who put him there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tamesaint said:

Scruffy, fat brazen cunt.

Don't they have combs in Downing street?

Have we ever had a Prime Minister who projects such an awful image of the UK across the world.

He also has an extremely casual association with the truth which again does nothing for our country's relationship across the world.

I am a floating voter who voted Tory at the last election as I thought the likes of Corbin/Abbot leading the country would be a disaster.

However, although recognising the shortcomings of Johnson at the time (I have friends who worked in the Foreign Office) I never imagined his 'leadership' would be this bad.

• Like 1

PMQs is annoying as quick fire and too easy to get off the hook.

Starmer was ok I thought and line about the Queen was strong. What true moral leadership looks like.

Hope this doesn’t go away but they can fuck off with adherence to PlanB when it comes. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, spyinthesky said:

Have we ever had a Prime Minister who projects such an awful image of the UK across the world.

He also has an extremely casual association with the truth which again does nothing for our country's relationship across the world.

I am a floating voter who voted Tory at the last election as I thought the likes of Corbin/Abbot leading the country would be a disaster.

However, although recognising the shortcomings of Johnson at the time (I have friends who worked in the Foreign Office) I never imagined his 'leadership' would be this bad.

Corbyn Abbott were bad and Starmer isnt a lot better than 'okay' - but okay is so so much better than Johnson.   

Edited by buctootim
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Corbyn Abbott were bad and Starmer isnt a lot better than 'okay' - but okay is so so much better than Johnson.   

Bullshit response. Corbyn has never been and never will be prime minister so guessing how he would have fared is ridiculous. 
Dickhead has been and is in charge. 
No comparison can be made. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Bullshit response. Corbyn has never been and never will be prime minister so guessing how he would have fared is ridiculous. 
Dickhead has been and is in charge. 
No comparison can be made. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Wise words although c’mon was nearer 4 o’clock

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, whelk said:

Wise words although c’mon was nearer 4 o’clock

Will be interesting to see how much they have bought her silence. She's a journalist and knows a story and she is literally in the middle of one that could topple a Prime Minister. And, as I understand it, she's very much a Sunak person.....

• Like 2

Just now, CB Fry said:

Will be interesting to see how much they have bought her silence. She's a journalist and knows a story and she is literally in the middle of one that could topple a Prime Minister. And, as I understand it, she's very much a Sunak person.....

I heard she is married to the editor of the Spectator?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, whelk said:

I heard she is married to the editor of the Spectator?

It would be some spider diagram criss-crossing journos and special advisors and Guido Fawkes and the Spectator and Cummings and Number 10/11. 

An actual conspiracy set-up rather than the "they're trying to murder us but just incredibly slowly" stuff the Covid loons.

Anyway, I imagine Allegra's having one hell of a leaving do.

Edited by CB Fry

Scottish Tory leader Ross has gone in quite hard - Boris should go if he has misled parliament. As has his predecessor Ruth Davison.

Senior Tories not even trying to dance around it now.

If Allegra is planning an interview for a Sunday Newspaper he may well be fucked.

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

If Allegra is planning an interview for a Sunday Newspaper he may well be fucked.

Cummings hinting about other parties he knows about - saying Carrie was obsessed by them (presumably better than spending time alone with the fat oaf) .  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buctootim said:

Johnson press conference at 6pm. Resignation or more bluster and evasion? 

He will bluff it out - he will need to be dragged out by his ankles.

Anticipate lots of the "how dare you degenerate journalists ask about Westminster trivia at a time like this" routine.

*Boris Johnson is a journalist.

Just now, CB Fry said:

He will bluff it out - he will need to be dragged out by his ankles.

Anticipate lots of the "how dare you degenerate journalists ask about Westminster trivia at a time like this" routine.

*Boris Johnson is a journalist.

True. Will try and 'get back to the important issues' and talk about covid 

Just now, Golactico said:

This story had gone right off the boil until last night's video revelation. I can't help thinking that there is more to come, be it Stratton coming clean, or someone else who was present at the party.

I wonder who from Fleet Street or the BBC - usually those who are very vocal for restrictions - were enjoying themselves at No.10 that night (or another night when they shouldn't)

2 minutes ago, buctootim said:

Cummings hinting about other parties he knows about - saying Carrie was obsessed by them (presumably better than spending time alone with the fat oaf) .  

Indeed. Cummings can really smell blood now.

The other interesting point I read today was that this party was the same week as the Kay Burley thing.

Which lots and lots of government ministers took great pleasure going on Sky and berating them, and Kay when she came back. So I think Sky have their angle too.

Chuck in the images of the mourning Queen and I think we may have a perfect storm.

1 minute ago, AlexLaw76 said:

I wonder who from Fleet Street or the BBC - usually those who are very vocal for restrictions - were enjoying themselves at No.10 that night (or another night when they shouldn't)

See my last post for the response to that whataboutery. Kay Burley had to go off air for 6 months and she wasn't the fucking Prime Minister making the rules.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CB Fry said:

Her husband went to Winchester college so could be good mates with Rishi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Forsyth_(journalist)

21 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

You can work out what papers they write for by checking which ones didn't lead with the story this morning.

Bound to have been someone from the Telegraph there. 

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to The United Kingdom and the Death of Boris Johnson as we know it.