SuperSAINT

January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

Southampton would consider allowing Vestergaard to leave in January

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18147846.southampton-consider-allowing-jannik-vestergaard-leave/

"Having five players to play in two positions means if Vestergaard were to leave, the club wouldn’t be leaving themselves short at the back."

I disagree. If he were to leave, the average height of our CBs would drop significantly.

Blackmore tweet

On not signing a player yet in this window, #SaintsFC manager Ralph Hasenhuettl said:

‘We are still in the market and in the market especially for full-backs’

Can’t imagine they would want him, but we are getting to a stage where will need to sell a player for big bucks to generate the funds needed.

Redmond would raise a few quid, with no discernable loss of quality on the pitch

In the fans forum yesterday RH said we need full back options and he guarenteed we would get them.

From BBC Gossip: Brighton' date=' Crystal Palace and Southampton are all looking to sign Tottenham right-back​ Kyle Walker-Peters, 22, on loan. (Sky Sports)[/quote']

Was in the Grand Harbour hotel yesterday, make of that what you will.

GFFN linking us, Brighton and Palace to Bordeux full back Youssouf Sabaly.

He is quality, I have seen him a few times, once with a mate who has a UEFa B license, and we both thought he was the best player on the pitch, playing behind Malcom.

He plays on the right, but has played left back at the World Cup. Seems to be out of favour at Bordeaux as Sousa prefers wing backs.

GFFN linking us, Brighton and Palace to Bordeux full back Youssouf Sabaly.

Loan or permanent?

From BBC Gossip: Brighton' date=' Crystal Palace and Southampton are all looking to sign Tottenham right-back​ Kyle Walker-Peters, 22, on loan. (Sky Sports)[/quote']

Read the article it is linked to, we were linked to him last summer, nothing to link him since. Looks like he is going to Palace.

Lots of talk about Adams could be be done deal in next 48hr after talks today, probably bull**** and cant imagine we would let him unles Ralph really isnt impressed

Lots of talk about Adams could be be done deal in next 48hr after talks today, probably bull**** and cant imagine we would let him unles Ralph really isnt impressed

Nah.

Adam Pope on Twitter: Saints boss Ralph Hasenhuttl asked by @AdamBlackmore if there’s are any way Che Adams can go on loan: “No. Absoluty no because we need every player. Not only just because of injury...but he can help us. Even though he hasn’t scored he played a v good game v Chelsea.” #lufc pic.twitter.com/tYNamVS27y

Even if we get a big loan fee, what’s that going to get us in market?!

We’ve got 4 players for 2 positions. He will get games.

We're definitely making a signing tomorrow.

My son's friend is joining the U14's in the Academy after a successful trial. He's probably already better than half our other centre backs.

My son's friend is joining the U14's in the Academy after a successful trial. He's probably already better than half our other centre backs.

You can guarantee that any defensive qualities will be coached out of him by the time he reaches 18

I look forward to him being written off on here around 5 years from now!

I look forward to him being written off on here around 5 years from now!

One week he'll be the new Franco Baresi, the next a Southern League clogger.

So date for first signing? I’ll go fo the 16th.

Late August.

You can guarantee that any defensive qualities will be coached out of him by the time he reaches 18

Cynical but fair. Our coaching had definitely taken a huge nose dive. Particularly goalkeeping. I’m massively impressed with whoever did the defensive coaching to result in the Christmas performances but we are a long way from being out of the woods.

As for time of first signing, likely 31st Jan at 10:58pm or they’ll use the one hour grace period until midnight to finalise a deal with some novice youngster from a second tier European league and he won’t be adequate, capable or ready for the first team. He’ll have a couple of starts, a few sub appearances before fading into obscurity and quietly disappearing to play in the Chinese or American Leagues and we will bemoan our owner for being tighter than a gnat’s ass and this merri-go-round will continue until we get relegated or eventually taken over by someone who at least has an iota of respect for the fans and outlines their plans of intent, if they have any.

I don’t remember a football club being taken over by an owner that makes absolutely no concessions as to why he bought the club and what he intends to do. I’m sure there are probably quite a few but I know of none. This ownership is absolutely ludicrous. Funniest quote from the many, babbling, ridiculous, incoherent and senseless Ralph Krueger was that Gao was quiet and never told us of his plans because of cultural differences.

Please just prove me wrong and move decisively and early and sign some defenders. We are already a week into the window. Don’t do a Danso!

Good news. First deal over the line.

New contract for the tea lady?

Any further hints? Position?

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Good stuff. Full back?

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

That is very encouraging unless it's only a deal out like Hoedt (which i heard somewhere like Talksport yesterday had gone through, complete with him having a pop at Ralph). But encouraging if it's a CB or full back in, and it's a good one. Also that it's the 'first'...

Will they announce today? Can they play tomorrow?

That is very encouraging unless it's only a deal out like Hoedt (which i heard somewhere like Talksport yesterday had gone through, complete with him having a pop at Ralph). But encouraging if it's a CB or full back in, and it's a good one. Also that it's the 'first'...

the reality is that with our self sustainability situation we should probably be cheering outs as much as ins on players we dont want! its probably harder for a prem club to permanently get rid of a player they no longer want than it is to bring one in!

the reality is that with our self sustainability situation we should probably be cheering outs as much as ins on players we dont want! its probably harder for a prem club to permanently get rid of a player they no longer want than it is to bring one in!

that said - it would be quite dull and id much prefer a brazilian id never heard of that scores 50 a season on champ man

that said - it would be quite dull and id much prefer a brazilian id never heard of that scores 50 a season on champ man

Quite. I suppose it could be Forster to Celtic, or Cedric somewhere. Or Valery to Spurs... ;-)

So it's not 'over the line' then.

The info i have as to why the agent is over here suggests that it is.

I doubt Hoedt will leave us, he is more likely to let his contract run out. The wages at Antwerp will be a fraction of his wages here and according to fans from Antwerp, he’s decent, but nowhere near special. I think the Belgium league or mid table Dutch league is his level.

The info i have as to why the agent is over here suggests that it is.

i come on here to read people moaning at each other about previous transfer windows and why its not ok to talk about that etc and you just have to clog up the thread with actual rumours - i despair

i come on here to read people moaning at each other about previous transfer windows and why its not ok to talk about that etc and you just have to clog up the thread with actual rumours - i despair

Good point. The next thing you know, he'll be clogging it up further with the actual name of the player. (Please?) :D

I can't remember the last Saints signing that wasn't in the media at least a day before it was confirmed by the club (actually it was probably our last signing, KD, but before that the point stands).

During transfer windows Agents are meeting clubs all the time, but if this is more than that then I'm sure it will be reported somewhere soon.

I am hoping that the whole full back thing is a smoke screen and the first player in will be a quality centre half. A few good results doesn’t alter the fact that we are desperately in need of one. Yes, we need cover in the FB positions but have managed for half a season and can probably get by. We know that Stephens can put in some good shifts but he lacks consistency. How long before he reverts to type?

LOL.

--------------------

Exciting news if true, be interesting to see who it is, as said above I am pretty sure all our transfers have come out in the media maybe 1-2 days before they signed, so we'll see.

Apparently statistically though spending £35 million in January on average only accounts for about 1-2 points more.

I am hoping that the whole full back thing is a smoke screen and the first player in will be a quality centre half. A few good results doesn’t alter the fact that we are desperately in need of one. Yes, we need cover in the FB positions but have managed for half a season and can probably get by. We know that Stephens can put in some good shifts but he lacks consistency. How long before he reverts to type?

Pretty sure Ralph has genuinely prioritised full backs.

We have no adequate cover for Bertrand save for a very inexperienced Vokins, and we know Cedric intends to leave in the summer which will leave us with just Valery at RB.

While we may be lacking in quality, we are not lacking in quantity of centre backs, so I seriously doubt we will be splashing any large sums of money on that position in this window.

Ralph made it clear in the fans forum that his priority is a left back. Would also like a rightback, no mention of other positions though

Unless it was valerys agent...our new man is over from France

Unless it was valerys agent...our new man is over from France

OK he's a little rumour from a source I have. Likely to be wrong but we all like a good rumour. So our interests apparently are in a cb we wanted in the summer but we wouldn't part with the cash, a striker banging them in in France (maybe for Lillie? Source couldn't remember.) and a rb. Apparently villa also after the striker, also told the Chinese bloke wants to sell and red bull have been sniffing around along with an American consortium.

Interesting. I wonder if what I was told was in any way accurate or a load of guff?