The Ralph Hasenhuttl Thread

3 hours ago, Minsk said:

Yet again you jump straight on a positive post and try to point to something negative. You really are are a sad, tiresome, little (SKD)man. As you have avoided answering before I will ask again, why do you always feel the need to do this? One can only assume it is because you are trolling, again. Unfortunately, I expect you have already created your new account for when this one eventually gets banned, as all the others have.

As for your opening line, yes I am sure Ralph read your posts and thought he had better change things around. 🙄

Personally, I don't think we are playing any less 'open' at all this season. We have been creating lots of chances, just not converting that many - yet. We are, however, far better defensively - much to Ralph's credit for the way he has got the players performing. 

As for the rest of your drivel, seeing as Salisu is our best CB (so far this season) and Romeu is our most solid DCM of course it would be a loss if either were out for some time. That doesn't mean we would get carved open at will by all and sundry. Whilst not quite as strong in the challenge as Romeu, JWP isn't 'lightweight' at all. Go and look at some of the tackles he puts in again. We are definitely in a far better this season in regards to squad strength. The alternative would have been to put all our eggs in a couple of baskets. To have spent all the money on just a couple of players. That would have led us back to where we were last season. Which would you prefer, more depth or just a couple of slightly better quality (on paper) players?

Good interview with Salisu on the Hampshire paper thing. Speaks very highly of RH ( yeah I know he’s the manager) and how he worked with him and was instructed in how RH wanted his CB’s to play.

I know it's an incredibly simple thing to say, but maybe not having Vestergaard turning like an oil tanker and a disinterested/legs gone Bertrand actually improved us defensively? I'm sure Leicester are enjoying our loss.

The recovery pace Salisu has provided has made so much difference and provides a lot more security to the rest of the team. I want a defender to be able to defend, not ping a cross field ball.

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I know it's an incredibly simple thing to say, but maybe not having Vestergaard turning like an oil tanker and a disinterested/legs gone Bertrand actually improved us defensively? I'm sure Leicester are enjoying our loss.

The recovery pace Salisu has provided has made so much difference and provides a lot more security to the rest of the team. I want a defender to be able to defend, not ping a cross field ball.

I remember chuckling over the summer when some leicester mug was on here gloating about getting vest and bertrand. it has turned out exactly how i expected.

• Like 3
22 hours ago, Minsk said:

Yet again you jump straight on a positive post and try to point to something negative. You really are are a sad, tiresome, little (SKD)man. As you have avoided answering before I will ask again, why do you always feel the need to do this? One can only assume it is because you are trolling, again. Unfortunately, I expect you have already created your new account for when this one eventually gets banned, as all the others have.

As for your opening line, yes I am sure Ralph read your posts and thought he had better change things around. 🙄

Personally, I don't think we are playing any less 'open' at all this season. We have been creating lots of chances, just not converting that many - yet. We are, however, far better defensively - much to Ralph's credit for the way he has got the players performing. 

As for the rest of your drivel, seeing as Salisu is our best CB (so far this season) and Romeu is our most solid DCM of course it would be a loss if either were out for some time. That doesn't mean we would get carved open at will by all and sundry. Whilst not quite as strong in the challenge as Romeu, JWP isn't 'lightweight' at all. Go and look at some of the tackles he puts in again. We are definitely in a far better this season in regards to squad strength. The alternative would have been to put all our eggs in a couple of baskets. To have spent all the money on just a couple of players. That would have led us back to where we were last season. Which would you prefer, more depth or just a couple of slightly better quality (on paper) players?

Having a different opinion doesn’t automatically make you a troll. On every forum, and walk of life, You have people who are OTT positive. People who are OTT negative and others who are somewhere in the middle. 

The reason I haven’t responded to your passive aggressive posts before is because I have 3 a day and I don’t want to get drawn into an argument with you. If you’re bored and tired of my posts and think I’m a troll, so be it, stick me on ignore pal. No skin off my nose. 

I’m not saying he responded due to posts from me but If you don’t think people within the club were asking Ralph questions about his style, then more fool you. 

Why you think calling me (SKD)Man is some kind of insult that would bother me, I don’t know. But I’d hate to be your wife if that’s your sense of humour. 

19 hours ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

Reading and learning ( not your strongest attribute) what Ralf press, automatism is all about

I don’t know if you’re dyslexic or something but Reading any of the shite you post would take a degree in Latin to understand. I beg, please, just once spell his name right. 

Regards, Dudman x

On 10/11/2021 at 18:21, The Left Back said:

I think you are probably right about this.  and I think it's also probably fair to say that not many other managers would have got away with it at Saints.  Which begs the question, how did he get away with it?  My mate and I have been failing to answer this question since the first 9-0.  I remember walking home in the rain that night miserable and shell shocked (I only made it to 7 before I left).  But I didn't want Ralph to go.  And I didn't want him to go after the second one (which I turned off after we went 3-0 down).  Why is that?  It doesn't really make sense.  And yet he's still here and the majority of fans still support him.  It's kind of bonkers if you think about it that way.  

The only sense I can make of it is what I've posted before (probably on this thread but can't be arsed to look).  There is something about both him and the way he gets us playing that is really appealing for us as a club. I think when he arrived we were in dire needed of his positivity, and chest-out passion.  He then got us playing football with energy and identity.  And we've had spells since where it's been similar.  I also like the way he comes across as a person.  Yes the Liverpool sob was a bit cringy but he does seem wholeheartedly passionate and optimistic, with out cynicism or meanness. WYSIWYG - What you see is what you get.  I also think he is still developing as a manager. and I think we are as a team.  So I hope we get to see how that plays out.  I know he'll either get poached or sacked - its the way of the game - but I'd like us to complete this chapter rather than have it cut short like it was with Poch and Koeman.  He's already been here longer but he's had more to do and had to move slower - so it doesn't feel like it's the end yet.  

You don't know what you've got till it's gone.

• Like 2
On 11/11/2021 at 12:52, Matthew Le God said:

The Mane fee was one rising to £38m, which at the time was alot. Had he been sold a year or two later it would have been alot more as player values increased rapidly from that point.

Here's an easy thing to remember "a lot" means many, or a large amount, or an item in an auction whereas "alot" does not exist in English except as a misspelling of "allot" (to deal out, apportion etc).

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1
On 18/11/2021 at 19:31, S-Clarke said:

Someone who can do both would be useful.

• Like 1

The Athletic going big on our clean sheet objective this season, and how we are going about it.

Its not something I'd noticed but turns out someone pretends to be injured at the one hour point each match, so Ralph can do a mini team talk and they can all have a rest.

https://theathletic.com/2975932/2021/11/24/southampton-hope-fixing-defence-will-help-them-shatter-glass-ceiling-this-is-how-they-have-done-it?source=user-shared-article

3 hours ago, CB Fry said:

The Athletic going big on our clean sheet objective this season, and how we are going about it.

Its not something I'd noticed but turns out someone pretends to be injured at the one hour point each match, so Ralph can do a mini team talk and they can all have a rest.

https://theathletic.com/2975932/2021/11/24/southampton-hope-fixing-defence-will-help-them-shatter-glass-ceiling-this-is-how-they-have-done-it?source=user-shared-article

Can't read it as not a subscriber.

3 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Not that I'm one bit arsed about Ralph or his 'tactics' anymore but if that's even halfway true, someone at the club has a fucking big mouth to leak that.

4 hours ago, CB Fry said:

I thought every club did that?

18 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

Just checked and Ralph is tied on 128 matches in charge, along with a certain Mr I. Branfoot and four more than Adkins. After the Liverpool game he will be our longest serving manager, in terms of matches, since Ted left in 1973.

What about Laurie and Chris Nichol?

Do you think his ideas just go stale after a while? Happens to better managers when they stay a few years. We persist with 4222 and pressing most the time but it seemed to peak for us in 2020. Since then it's been really poor. Three 1-0s have made things look a little rosier but 2021 as a calender year has been absolutely abysmal. 

What's he going to change to make 2022 better? I don't really want him to leave, I'd just love him to find other ways of playing. Far too much safe possession, not enough good quality chance creation, far too much rewarding rubbish no10s with starts. 

18 minutes ago, adriansfc said:

Do you think his ideas just go stale after a while? Happens to better managers when they stay a few years. We persist with 4222 and pressing most the time but it seemed to peak for us in 2020. Since then it's been really poor. Three 1-0s have made things look a little rosier but 2021 as a calender year has been absolutely abysmal. 

What's he going to change to make 2022 better? I don't really want him to leave, I'd just love him to find other ways of playing. Far too much safe possession, not enough good quality chance creation, far too much rewarding rubbish no10s with starts. 

He's still managed to get rid of other manager's mistakes and build a stronger squad without any help from the owners 

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, trousers said:

"Calendar year stats are meaningless..."

In fairness they are. The fact we’ve only won a handful of games this year and are still in the league, sort of demonstrates that. 

But let’s not hide from the fact that we’ve been very poor for a long period of time, picked up again this season, but 5 tough fixtures to come which could make or break the season imo. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, danjosaint said:

Maybe when Rangnik moves upstairs as dof for utd he'll come and take his mate Ralph with him 

Did think about this possibility and I suppose if they can't entice Poch to go there they'll widen their search. But not sure how the working relationship between Ralf and Ralph really ended with our Ralph leaving Leipzig when Ralf was still DoF there. 

4 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Sounds depressingly familiar. 

You have no clue.....do you like the way Liverpool play, Chealsea, rb lip  or even man city? They are all employing Radnick ideas, which is a version of leeds beliesa style. 

When Spain destroyed everyone with the tic tac style, with the 7 players from the dominant Barcelona team in 2010 ( Pep is a student of Beliesa), the Germans took notice. They revamped their entire football structure,  out of this change came the gegenpressing, which means counter pressing. Klopp had introduced  this style to pool, but we had seen it with Poch. 

So the press and everything else you need to do to make it work has become the weapon of choice for PROGRESSIVE  coaches. It allowed rb lip to challenge the elite because the press style can disrupt other team as they are being closed down and option are dwindling. So the really big teams that employ this will also have the great players that  will make them very hard to beat if they can execute this demanding style. 

I am so happy we have a progressive coach and we can be part of this exciting style of playing ball. 

• Confused 7
21 minutes ago, BERMUDASAINT said:

You have no clue.....do you like the way Liverpool play, Chealsea, rb lip  or even man city? They are all employing Radnick ideas, which is a version of leeds beliesa style. 

When Spain destroyed everyone with the tic tac style, with the 7 players from the dominant Barcelona team in 2010 ( Pep is a student of Beliesa), the Germans took notice. They revamped their entire football structure,  out of this change came the gegenpressing, which means counter pressing. Klopp had introduced  this style to pool, but we had seen it with Poch. 

So the press and everything else you need to do to make it work has become the weapon of choice for PROGRESSIVE  coaches. It allowed rb lip to challenge the elite because the press style can disrupt other team as they are being closed down and option are dwindling. So the really big teams that employ this will also have the great players that  will make them very hard to beat if they can execute this demanding style. 

I am so happy we have a progressive coach and we can be part of this exciting style of playing ball. 

All we need now is the players 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I wish he'd fuck off. All that crap this week about having sorted the defence and that's the platform for winning games. Next thing we concede 4 at Liverpool and fail to score, again. Yes, we need to defend better than last season but we also need to start scoring goals as that's how games are won! 

It's time for a change of management, before it's too late. 

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, Pamplemousse said:

The kneejerk reactions have got to stop.

It’s hardly knee jerk, people have wanted him out for over 6 months. 

For the avoidance of any doubt or being accused of knee jerk reaction, this is my view. 
I wanted him gone at the end of last season, not during it. I thought he should have been replaced pre season, but when he wasn’t I think he should remain until the end of this season. IF he continues in the same vein the rest of this season, I’ll want him replaced. 

If that’s knee jerk, then my cocks a carrot 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
On 18/11/2021 at 16:34, Toadhall Saint said:

Good interview with Salisu on the Hampshire paper thing. Speaks very highly of RH ( yeah I know he’s the manager) and how he worked with him and was instructed in how RH wanted his CB’s to play.

Not sure ralph knows how he wants anyone to play anymore. Tactically clueless more often than not.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Only when we lose apparently 

Not sure i totally agree with that. even the games we won, as well as we played first half of those, we were as poor second halves, and were fortunate in a couple to get the wins. I get there are swings and roundabouts, but for a year, most 2nd half performances have been an utter disaster.

This shows me the players are good enough to be mid table, maybe slightly higher but not much, but that tactics, or getting out thought by opposing managers, is on Ralph.

This season he has been slightly better than last, but the base was so low last season, I’m genuinely not sure if this is a good thing, or more likely an acceptable thing, or if we are slightly underachieving. 

We also know if things go against us, as much as we have the ability to be 1st half of last season good, we can be 2nd half of last season disastrous. The reason I am a little more nervous this season is we dont have the points we had last season as our credit in the bank so to speak.

I think Dec is a huge month for Ralph personally, and can see it going either way results wise, and ultimately job wise.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Only when we lose apparently 

Games we've won recently'ish

Leeds

Villa

Watford

Leeds had about 100 players out with injury.

Villa were atrocious and sacked Smith afterwards.

Watford just brought in a new manager.

They weren't Ralph being tactically astute.

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

Games we've won recently'ish

Leeds

Villa

Watford

Leeds had about 100 players out with injury.

Villa were atrocious and sacked Smith afterwards.

Watford just brought in a new manager.

They weren't Ralph being tactically astute.

Drop it mate you re just embarassing yourself

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s hardly knee jerk, people have wanted him out for over 6 months. 

For the avoidance of any doubt or being accused of knee jerk reaction, this is my view. 
I wanted him gone at the end of last season, not during it. I thought he should have been replaced pre season, but when he wasn’t I think he should remain until the end of this season. IF he continues in the same vein the rest of this season, I’ll want him replaced. 

If that’s knee jerk, then my cocks a carrot 

Sums up where I’m at

3 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

He should have been sacked after that second 9-0 V United like any other club would have.

Yet you people defend him like he's the second coming.

I'm neither defending him nor vilifying him, just pointing out that 'Ralph shaggers' is a rather juvenile comment.

• Like 1

And who would we replace him with??

I think we would struggle to find a manager who is a upgrade on Ralf at this moment in time and in my opinion it would be suicidal to get rid of him now, some may say we could get rid of him at the end of the season but I cannot see us attracting any better quality managers that may be available at that time due to the fact that we are skint.

28 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

And who would we replace him with??

I think we would struggle to find a manager who is a upgrade on Ralf at this moment in time and in my opinion it would be suicidal to get rid of him now, some may say we could get rid of him at the end of the season but I cannot see us attracting any better quality managers that may be available at that time due to the fact that we are skint.

the same was said around the time Hughes was up for the chop

2 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

the same was said around the time Hughes was up for the chop

It’s the same line trotted out by his fan boys over and over again. That somehow we can’t attract a better manager than Ralph. How many premier league supporters would swap their present manager for Ralph? Not many I reckon. 

• Like 1