Jump to content

The Ralph Hasenhuttl Thread


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Dellman said:

Well, if you don't rate Ralph it was true wasn't it. But be serious, is any top manager going to come to a club that is skint? 

The club isn’t skint, it just has to spend within its means. IIRC Ralph is on a pretty decent financial package. I’m very much in the camp for keeping Ralph, but given the salary I think it’s not unreasonable to suggest that we couldn’t attract some relatively decent names if a change was made (I hope we don’t, Ralph has his flaws but I don’t see many others getting a significantly better tune out of this squad).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, The Kraken said:

The club isn’t skint, it just has to spend within its means. IIRC Ralph is on a pretty decent financial package. I’m very much in the camp for keeping Ralph, but given the salary I think it’s not unreasonable to suggest that we couldn’t attract some relatively decent names if a change was made (I hope we don’t, Ralph has his flaws but I don’t see many others getting a significantly better tune out of this squad).

No doubt we could get a decent manger on the same wages as he's on. 

If we decide to sack him which is expensive and then appoint a manager who isn't a free agent that's where finances become problematic.

I just can't see us paying him off and forking out compensation to another team for their manager.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ralph has plenty of positives but it's nonsense we couldn't attract anyone. It's the premier League, we're an established club, not exactly looking like going down. There's no reason we couldn't convince someone decent. 

Out of interest who'd take Koeman? 

Most likely a disaster but might be fun. We're his most successful club surely? Maybe Feyenoord. But his record elsewhere might have him likely to stay with us, might just be a good fit. At our level his contacts come in handy. But maybe I'm just bored of ralphball. I like him, I just think he makes some ridiculous decisions with line ups. It's tricky as prime Poch or Koeman would only have this squad maybe 4 or 5 points better off, but better football..but more likely Puel, Hughes, Pellegrino types would have it bottom right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Koeman won't come back here and I don't want him here.
 

In my opinion, and it is only my opinion, the players he brought here were already identified by Paul Mitchell.

He was an absolute fucking disaster at Everton with a blank chequebook.

And anyway, the only reason he came here in the first place was because we're a Premier League team that fit his pathway to Barcelona.

I wouldn't want him back and he isn't someone from I gather about Semmens, that he would appoint.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adriansfc said:

Ralph has plenty of positives but it's nonsense we couldn't attract anyone. It's the premier League, we're an established club, not exactly looking like going down. There's no reason we couldn't convince someone decent. 

Out of interest who'd take Koeman? 

Most likely a disaster but might be fun. We're his most successful club surely? Maybe Feyenoord. But his record elsewhere might have him likely to stay with us, might just be a good fit. At our level his contacts come in handy. But maybe I'm just bored of ralphball. I like him, I just think he makes some ridiculous decisions with line ups. It's tricky as prime Poch or Koeman would only have this squad maybe 4 or 5 points better off, but better football..but more likely Puel, Hughes, Pellegrino types would have it bottom right now. 

I'd take beating Sunderland 8-0 and finishing 6th (qualifying for Europe) every day. But there is no way Koeman would come back. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adriansfc said:

Ralph has plenty of positives but it's nonsense we couldn't attract anyone. It's the premier League, we're an established club, not exactly looking like going down. There's no reason we couldn't convince someone decent. 

Out of interest who'd take Koeman? 

Most likely a disaster but might be fun. We're his most successful club surely? Maybe Feyenoord. But his record elsewhere might have him likely to stay with us, might just be a good fit. At our level his contacts come in handy. But maybe I'm just bored of ralphball. I like him, I just think he makes some ridiculous decisions with line ups. It's tricky as prime Poch or Koeman would only have this squad maybe 4 or 5 points better off, but better football..but more likely Puel, Hughes, Pellegrino types would have it bottom right now. 

Little harsh on Puel I think. His win % with us is now better than Ralphs I believe and in his one season had Redmond as his top scorer and his best player in Van Dijk out for half the season. Still managed to get us the memorable cup semi-final against Liverpool, had us go toe-to-toe with United in the final and got us a win against Inter Milan in Europe. I don't think he'd have us performing any better than we currently are but don't think he'd do particularly worse either.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Diabolus Ex Machina said:

Little harsh on Puel I think. His win % with us is now better than Ralphs I believe and in his one season had Redmond as his top scorer and his best player in Van Dijk out for half the season. Still managed to get us the memorable cup semi-final against Liverpool, had us go toe-to-toe with United in the final and got us a win against Inter Milan in Europe. I don't think he'd have us performing any better than we currently are but don't think he'd do particularly worse either.

Boring unless Puel who got us to 8th when he had Mane, Pelle and Wanyama sold soon as he arrived and Van Dijk and Fonte out for half the season. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/11/2021 at 17:59, Lord Duckhunter said:

It’s the same line trotted out by his fan boys over and over again. That somehow we can’t attract a better manager than Ralph. How many premier league supporters would swap their present manager for Ralph? Not many I reckon. 

Would you be in favour of sacking Ralph now then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Turkish said:

Boring unless Puel who got us to 8th when he had Mane, Pelle and Wanyama sold soon as he arrived and Van Dijk and Fonte out for half the season. 

As opposed to Ralph never having any of those players and in his two full seasons here averaging 48 points, two more than Puel's 46? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

By your ridiculous measure Arsenals invincibles had a worse season than some runners up had. 

I didn’t realise number of points scored was a "ridiculous measure" of success. The only actual example of that is Liverpool two years ago who won 30/38 games, scored 97 points and were 13mm away from being invincible themselves. Yes, I would say they were marginally better than Arsenal’s invincibles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, adriansfc said:

Ralph has plenty of positives but it's nonsense we couldn't attract anyone. It's the premier League, we're an established club, not exactly looking like going down. There's no reason we couldn't convince someone decent. 

Out of interest who'd take Koeman? 

Most likely a disaster but might be fun. We're his most successful club surely? Maybe Feyenoord. But his record elsewhere might have him likely to stay with us, might just be a good fit. At our level his contacts come in handy. But maybe I'm just bored of ralphball. I like him, I just think he makes some ridiculous decisions with line ups. It's tricky as prime Poch or Koeman would only have this squad maybe 4 or 5 points better off, but better football..but more likely Puel, Hughes, Pellegrino types would have it bottom right now. 

We probably could attract a better manager, wether we would or not is a different matter, I seriously doubt it. We have nothing like the appeal we would have had when owned by Liebherr. Any new candidate knows there will be little or no investment and every season will be a tough fight just to stay up. A risky career move for anyone with a decent reputation.

15th is not underperforming when you look at what we are up against.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

I didn’t realise number of points scored was a "ridiculous measure" of success. 

If your judging different seasons, of course it is. You end up with the ridiculous situation where runners ups have “better” seasons than teams that actually win the league, and relegated teams have “better” seasons than those that stay up.Points only became a thing on here  because Claude Puel made  us the 8th best team in his only season, and some people didn’t rate him. They try to talk down that achievement, and points is the way they use. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JustinSFC said:

All these Ralph defenders...

Question...

What happens if we get done 3-0 Wednesday?

What will you all say?

Wasting your time mush!.. If we get done by 9 again there’s a majority on here will defend him .. the cult is rife !! Brain washed like the omen !… 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, aintforever said:

How much higher than 15th should Saints be then?

So because we're 15th at the moment that excuses the dog shit runs we've been on and being smashed by a British record scoreline twice...

Does he survive at any other club?

Think about it.

Does he survive what he's survived here at ANY other club?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

So because we're 15th at the moment that excuses the dog shit runs we've been on and being smashed by a British record scoreline twice...

Does he survive at any other club?

Think about it.

Does he survive what he's survived here at ANY other club?

I couldn’t give a shite about any other club.

If a rubbish manager has us at 15th, where should we expect to be with a good manager? Above Everton, Villa?

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I couldn’t give a shite about any other club.

If a rubbish manager has us at 15th, where should we expect to be with a good manager? Above Everton, Villa?

What's your point?

So you know he's a rubbish manager but you're happy we're 15th?

Right. Got it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I couldn’t give a shite about any other club.

If a rubbish manager has us at 15th, where should we expect to be with a good manager? Above Everton, Villa?

Between 10th and 13th with current squad. We won't finish that high under ralph. Heard Ralph is on 8m a year. Quite a lot if true for mediocre performances. Still don't understand what his black book of tactics is trying to achieve in the long run.

Ridiculous we have let him shape the club from top to bottom in my eyes.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, aintforever said:

I couldn’t give a shite about any other club.

If a rubbish manager has us at 15th, where should we expect to be with a good manager? Above Everton, Villa?

You know that this 15th spot is only temporary, right? It’s where we finish over a complete season that matters. And that may well turn out to be 15th but we’re only a third of the way through at the moment.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Streaky said:

Between 10th and 13th with current squad. We won't finish that high under ralph. Heard Ralph is on 8m a year. Quite a lot if true for mediocre performances. Still don't understand what his black book of tactics is trying to achieve in the long run.

Ridiculous we have let him shape the club from top to bottom in my eyes.

If we sack our manager for finishing below 13th we’re going to have a very high turnover. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

You know that this 15th spot is only temporary, right? It’s where we finish over a complete season that matters. And that may well turn out to be 15th but we’re only a third of the way through at the moment.

Of course, and it may be higher.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JustinSFC said:

What's your point?

So you know he's a rubbish manager but you're happy we're 15th?

Right. Got it.

15th is about par for our squad IMO, beat Leicester and we will be a point behind Man Utd - now that’s an example of a team underperforming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

If your judging different seasons, of course it is. You end up with the ridiculous situation where runners ups have “better” seasons than teams that actually win the league, and relegated teams have “better” seasons than those that stay up.Points only became a thing on here  because Claude Puel made  us the 8th best team in his only season, and some people didn’t rate him. They try to talk down that achievement, and points is the way they use. 

So you’re judging who’s the better manager purely by the number of points OTHER teams scored in a season? In other words if Pep’s Man City team had lost a couple of extra games against Palace and Everton two years ago, that would have made Liverpool and Klopp better, in your eyes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JustinSFC said:

So because we're 15th at the moment that excuses the dog shit runs we've been on and being smashed by a British record scoreline twice...

Does he survive at any other club?

Think about it.

Does he survive what he's survived here at ANY other club?

Does it matter what would happen at any other club? It's all hypothetical anyway because what happens after the sacking is completely unknown.

Say Palace sacked Hodgson after two 9-0 losses but then appointed a new manager who ended up getting them relegated. Would that have been ok because they sacked the man who oversaw two heavy defeats, or should they have kept Hodgson?

Same with us, we could have sacked Hasenhuttl and then got relegated under a different manager. No one knows.

You seem incredibly hung up on those two defeats. I get that they were terrible but really, who cares anymore?

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Does it matter what would happen at any other club? It's all hypothetical anyway because what happens after the sacking is completely unknown.

Say Palace sacked Hodgson after two 9-0 losses but then appointed a new manager who ended up getting them relegated. Would that have been ok because they sacked the man who oversaw two heavy defeats, or should they have kept Hodgson?

Same with us, we could have sacked Hasenhuttl and then got relegated under a different manager. No one knows.

You seem incredibly hung up on those two defeats. I get that they were terrible but really, who cares anymore?

We won, what, like 2 games after the second 9-0. It’d have been almost impossible for anyone to have done any worse. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dman said:

We won, what, like 2 games after the second 9-0. It’d have been almost impossible for anyone to have done any worse. 

Again, hypothetical. No one knows. 

All the people who want Hasenhuttl sacked should be protesting to the board because they are the people who make that decision.

I take it you are all chanting about this at matches and writing to Martin Semmens as you seem very passionate about it?

Link to post
Share on other sites

A fear of not being able to find a good manager to replace him is not really a healthy reason to keep him. He is either up to the job or he is not. Good managers are out there ( Potter was a brave choice by Brighton ) but whether we have enough football nous on the Board to find and appoint one is another matter. Not slagging Semmens and Co but not sure there is a lot of football acumen there. Hasenhuttl has his plus points but I don’t think we - apart from Branfoot, have had such a frustrating manager. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Fitzhugh Fella said:

A fear of not being able to find a good manager to replace him is not really a healthy reason to keep him. He is either up to the job or he is not. Good managers are out there ( Potter was a brave choice by Brighton ) but whether we have enough football nous on the Board to find and appoint one is another matter. Not slagging Semmens and Co but not sure there is a lot of football acumen there. Hasenhuttl has his plus points but I don’t think we - apart from Branfoot, have had such a frustrating manager. 

The difference is that Branfoot came across as an extremely dislikable person. I couldn't stand him. He was probably the only manager to be booed by his own fans at a Wembley Final (the ZDS). Ralph is very likeable and who obviously loves his job here and the club. I haven't seen any protests to get rid of him or any booing of him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sarisbury Saint said:

Twar would say that Ralph got his tactics right and that playing Walcott as a false number 9 was a genius move, but we were up against a world class LFC.

I very much wouldn't say playing Walcott at a false 9 was a good move.

Leicester are a good side though and if we play well and miss out because their quality shines through, then that quality should be acknowledged. IE if we have about the same amount of chances as them but they put theirs away because Vardy is a lot better than what we have then that would be acknowledged as a contributing factor rather than saying they "out-tactic'd us". Similarly if one of our weaker players make a glaring error then that player would receive a good share of the blame.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Cat said:

Does it matter what would happen at any other club? It's all hypothetical anyway because what happens after the sacking is completely unknown.

Say Palace sacked Hodgson after two 9-0 losses but then appointed a new manager who ended up getting them relegated. Would that have been ok because they sacked the man who oversaw two heavy defeats, or should they have kept Hodgson?

Same with us, we could have sacked Hasenhuttl and then got relegated under a different manager. No one knows.

You seem incredibly hung up on those two defeats. I get that they were terrible but really, who cares anymore?

You're one of the posters on here who posts pretty decently.

But fucking hell.

That is a shocking post and you go to games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})