Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

11 minutes ago, Hayling Saint said:

That article says Ralph is on c.£1m per annum (c.£20k per week) and this one says he's on c.£6m per annum (c.£115k per week)...

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-top-10s-news-the-premier-leagues-ten-highest-paid-managers-have-been-revealed-20200917

Press your buttons and gamble away...

winner-takes-all-game-show-cefb557d-a061-4d42-b121-52ccb235559-resize-750.jpeg

Edited by trousers

On 22/11/2020 at 18:59, trousers said:

That article says Ralph is on c.£1m per annum (c.£20k per week) and this one says he's on c.£6m per annum (c.£115k per week)...

https://www.sportbible.com/football/football-top-10s-news-the-premier-leagues-ten-highest-paid-managers-have-been-revealed-20200917

Press your buttons and gamble away...

winner-takes-all-game-show-cefb557d-a061-4d42-b121-52ccb235559-resize-750.jpeg

if he is only on £20k per week after signing  a new contract in the summer I would love to know what he was on before. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Surely Julian Nagelsmann should be high up on their list?

I doubt Nagelsmann would leave Leipzig. He’s doing a great job there and Red Bull have money to keep him satisfied. I think Nagelsmann will likely leave to Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Liverpool etc. 

Their assistant has been appointed until the end of the season, so won’t be going for him any time soon. 

id love Ralph to have 1 more season with us. The development in the 2 years since he took over has been remarkable and everything just seemingly starting to click. 

i wouldn’t blame Ralph for walking in the summer tho if the ownership remains the same, probably at our very limit without any  investment and the thought of losing our best player (if he doesn’t sign a contract). 

5 minutes ago, SKD said:

I wouldn’t blame Ralph for walking in the summer tho if the ownership remains the same, probably at our very limit without any  investment and the thought of losing our best player (if he doesn’t sign a contract). 

3rd in the PL isn't a bad limit. 😉

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 hour ago, SKD said:

Their assistant has been appointed until the end of the season, so won’t be going for him any time soon. 

id love Ralph to have 1 more season with us. The development in the 2 years since he took over has been remarkable and everything just seemingly starting to click. 

i wouldn’t blame Ralph for walking in the summer tho if the ownership remains the same, probably at our very limit without any  investment and the thought of losing our best player (if he doesn’t sign a contract). 

You're a ray of sunshine aren't you?  Looking at Ralph today, and listening to him recently, you can see he absolutely LOVES it here and has complete control of the footballing side of things across the club.  He seems to prefer working with rough diamonds and small squads and have a feeling he will be with us for some time.

Saints and Ralph are made for each other: and I actually don't have an issue with Gao's ownership.  He doesn;t seem to interfere and we are back to being a verty well run club with a feelgood factor around it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SKD said:

I think Ralph will be staying a little longer, he loves the challenge of improving players so I personally don’t think the ownership has anything to do with it.

16 hours ago, washsaint said:

You're a ray of sunshine aren't you?  Looking at Ralph today, and listening to him recently, you can see he absolutely LOVES it here and has complete control of the footballing side of things across the club.  He seems to prefer working with rough diamonds and small squads and have a feeling he will be with us for some time.

Saints and Ralph are made for each other: and I actually don't have an issue with Gao's ownership.  He doesn;t seem to interfere and we are back to being a verty well run club with a feelgood factor around it.

I’ve no doubt he’s enjoying his time here, like I’ve no doubt he enjoyed his time at RB. The reality is, 3 years is a long time for a manager in this day and age. He made it perfectly obvious that we’re a stepping stone for him and I think we’re still that. 

Ralph isn’t daft, I don’t think he’d jump at any opportunity and rather only the right opportunity. For example, I don’t think he’d go to arsenal as they’re just a shambles. 

regarding ownership, It’s not soo much Gao that’s the issue, it’s more the lack of investment. Like it or not, top 10 over 38 games is our very limit on our budget with our squad. 

2 minutes ago, SKD said:

I’ve no doubt he’s enjoying his time here, like I’ve no doubt he enjoyed his time at RB. The reality is, 3 years is a long time for a manager in this day and age. He made it perfectly obvious that we’re a stepping stone for him and I think we’re still that. 

Ralph isn’t daft, I don’t think he’d jump at any opportunity and rather only the right opportunity. For example, I don’t think he’d go to arsenal as they’re just a shambles. 

regarding ownership, It’s not soo much Gao that’s the issue, it’s more the lack of investment. Like it or not, top 10 over 38 games is our very limit on our budget with our squad. 

It really isnt though is it?  we finished 11th last season after an absolute sicker of a start. id be gobsmacked if we didn't finish higher than 10t this season. Koeman showed over two season what is possible despite losing  a raft of players when he started. How high we finish is the question and no doubt will be how we cope with injuries / get away with very few. 

3 minutes ago, SKD said:

Where has he made it perfectly obvious? I’ve not seen that quote so just asking.

I suspect most Saints fans have reassessd and adjusted our expectations as to what position we might finish in, following the impressive first 3rd of the season.

Which (perhaps) begs the question: "What's the highest finishing position that you'll now be slightly disappointed with?"

For me, 8th is where disappointment will start to kick in, as that'll mean just missing out on European qualification. Given I thought we'd finish top 10 anyway, that's admittedly a very fine line between being happy and disappointed!

So, where would an element of disappointment start to kick in for you, given how much we've improved and where we are now?

(Just to be clear, I'm not asking where you think we'll finish, rather what's the highest position that you'll now be disappointed with) 

Edited by trousers

7 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Where has he made it perfectly obvious? I’ve not seen that quote so just asking.

His very first interview. I can’t remember word for word and it wasn’t a simple as ‘they are a stepping stone’, but that’s what was insinuated. 

I get the impression Ralph Is an honest and loyal bloke, but the thought that he’s loves it here so much that he wouldn’t walk for a bigger club and better option is laughable really. 

46 minutes ago, trousers said:

It's the Daily Express so difficult to know what'll happen first... Ralph leaving for Man Utd or the 17 feet of snow that they'll have forecast for the UK this winter...

Screenshot_20201220-163126.png

The article is click bait. Read it and all it is is the Daily Express asking Claus Lundekvam and Dave Kitson some questions and them making a suggestion Hasenhuttl would be good for Man Utd. There is no substance to it at all.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1374816/Man-Utd-Solskjaer-Glazers-Southampton-Ralph-Hasenhuttl

I think Ralph would be the perfect fit for united. 

He plays a good style of football that is pretty attacking. Likes to build a whole squad set up and very good at developing youngsters.

As with OGS (who Ralph is in another league when compared), united will give a manager they have bought into a bit of time.  

Lets hope united stick with OGS long term.  They will never achieve anything with him but he seems to do well enough to be the new Arsenal

Edited by AlexLaw76

39 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Not sure why Massimiliano Allegri is never mentioned for these 'potential' top jobs? Proven manager who has won stacks with Juventus.

Old school Italian negative, defensive football; managed a club who win the title whoever's in charge.

The "glamour" clubs would rather not throw their lot in with him unless they have to.

25 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

Old school Italian negative, defensive football; managed a club who win the title whoever's in charge.

The "glamour" clubs would rather not throw their lot in with him unless they have to.

Always struck me as a indentikit manager for a successful Arsenal. Seem to recall he even has a bit of a George Graham look about him.

6 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

The article is click bait. Read it and all it is is the Daily Express asking Claus Lundekvam and Dave Kitson some questions and them making a suggestion Hasenhuttl would be good for Man Utd. There is no substance to it at all.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1374816/Man-Utd-Solskjaer-Glazers-Southampton-Ralph-Hasenhuttl

Anyone clicking a daily express link needs to be shot. It's a joke of a "news" outlet, always has been.  COLDEST WINTER ON RECORD. etc.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Thanks for pointing it out MLG, although I think trousers and everyone else kind of got that anyway 

7 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Does this mean we won't be getting 17 feet of snow too...? 

Baby Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, trousers said:

One word... Legend

20210104_220312.jpg

When I see something like that I think back to absolute pricks of managers past like Saggychops who didn't give a shiny shit about our club. Look at that genuine passion and emotion. We are so lucky to have him for and even if he leaves soon, he's been one hell of a manager for us. 

Edited by hypochondriac
  • Like 6

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl