Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

2 hours ago, saint lard said:

Actually...as it stands at this moment.

yes. He isn’t all that. 
ponderous football....everything we do is telegraphed. 
no change in tempo. 
no plan B.

shameful display today  

any positives just seem to paper over the glaring cracks.  
I so hope we turn this around with him at the helm...but 🤷🏻‍♂️

There is often a lack of zip and 'sparkle' to our play now. Too much slowing things down and recycling.

I understand the reasons, but really wish we'd mix it up with some individual flair, taking on the last man etc.

And no: he shouldn't resign.

Edited by Suhari
  • Like 1

Ralph has worked wonders to make this team competitive, I hate that people can't see that.

This is such a terrible mish mash of a squad. Poor personality's throughout the squad, but he's managed to polish us up to some extent. 

Yes, he is very much a 'one plan' manager and it does feel very much like we only have one idea, but you have to say that a lot of that is down to the squad he has at his disposal. There's a decent core of players, technically, but their make up has always been a bit shit when the chips are down.

We'd be much worse off without Ralph, trust me.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Ralph has worked wonders to make this team competitive, I hate that people can't see that.

This is such a terrible mish mash of a squad. Poor personality's throughout the squad, but he's managed to polish us up to some extent. 

Yes, he is very much a 'one plan' manager and it does feel very much like we only have one idea, but you have to say that a lot of that is down to the squad he has at his disposal. There's a decent core of players, technically, but their make up has always been a bit shit when the chips are down.

We'd be much worse off without Ralph, trust me.

Agreed with this.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/statistik/verfuegbaretrainer

Assuming our policy of only hiring unemployed managers still stands; there are some big names in there who have had recent spells at big club (see link above)

Yet, I still trust Ralph to get us out of this bad spell, but perhaps more so because I wouldn't have faith in our club to find a good replacement

37 minutes ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Ralph is still much better than the average manager we would replace him with. He's not a world class manager, if he was we'd lose him. We're much better with then without.

He’s the perfect manager for us. Good enough so that he’s one of our better managers, a decent guy who the fans like but capable of some weird results and tactics so shit enough that no one better than us would seriously want him. 

1 minute ago, Turkish said:

He’s the perfect manager for us. Good enough so that he’s one of our better managers, a decent guy who the fans like but capable of some weird results and tactics so shit enough that no one better than us would seriously want him. 

That kinda describes some of our players too. 

We've had some great performances with Ralph and a lot of shit ones too. Today was just a complete clusterfuck, how a team cannot pepper another team when they are down to 9 is beyond me. Was he screaming from the touchline to tell them to get it forward? Why was Redmond on the pitch still? Moussa isn't much better but at least he knows how to run and is direct most of the time.

Unless we are in serious danger of relegation with about ten games to go, then he stays. That doesn't look like it will be a problem this season, but he really needs to up his game next one. Ultimately it's the finances that decide this. We can't afford to sack Ralph and he won't just walk away. It's laughable to think we were shitting bricks a few weeks ago when Lampard was sacked

27 minutes ago, Turkish said:

That is a strange way to look at it. I'd say it is far better to have a manager that is ultimately too good for us and eventually leaves. At least you benefit from him in the short term. Of course the issue then becomes how well you replace him. 

4 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

That is a strange way to look at it. I'd say it is far better to have a manager that is ultimately too good for us and eventually leaves. At least you benefit from him in the short term. Of course the issue then becomes how well you replace him. 

Shut up you prat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

I expect nothing less from either of you when faced with a view you struggle to form a rebuttal against. 🙄

We both regularly take you to the fucking cleaners son, it’s so easy it’s boring.  

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

You really don't. You either turn out the same flawed counters time after time or resort to petty personal insults. 😁

You’re not as clever as you think you are, fucking deluded and regularly get ironed out on here, you’re like the punch drunk boxer that doesn’t know when to retire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Turkish said:

You’re not as clever as you think you are, fucking deluded and regularly get ironed out on here, you’re like the punch drunk boxer that doesn’t know when to retire.

He’s like the Mike Dean of saints web. Everyone else can see what’s happening except for him. 

Playing a blinder in his own mind whilst the rest of us have a firm grasp on the truth 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raging Bull said:

He’s like the Mike Dean of saints web. Everyone else can see what’s happening except for him. 

Playing a blinder in his own mind whilst the rest of us have a firm grasp on the truth 

That sir is spot on 

Jennifer Lopez Reaction GIF by NBC World Of Dance

• Like 2

I’m almost entirely positive about Ralph, but with one glaring exception.

He just doesn’t seem to realize that, while our style (HIS style) is arguably our greatest strength, it also becomes our most damaging weakness when the chance is there to steal a point or turn a draw into a win. Throughout Ralph’s tenure we have been our own worst enemy - chewing up the clock with meaningless, no end product passing. Every team in the PL knows that they just need to sit back and let us fart-arse around.

I certainly don’t see him as arrogant but he is frustratingly obstinate, and he needs to change that because it’s killing us.

• Like 6

Another very poor performance from Ralph today

and again the majority will put the blame solely on the owner but...

we were playing against 9 men and still had it set up with plenty behind the ball and these players just passed to each other in the middle of the park so may times letting Newcastle get in position and save energy

only 1 substitute made with Tella and Djenepo on the bench, playing on such a heavy pitch we needed fresh legs and energy to make their defenders run and tire but as always we just kept doing the same thing over and over again

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Anyone that wants to see us without RH seriously needs to give their heads a fucking good wobble.

I don’t think anyone wants to see us without Ralph but I dont think it’s too much to ask to see him improve in some areas that he is clearly deficient in

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CanadaSaint said:

He just doesn’t seem to realize that, while our style (HIS style) is arguably our greatest strength, it also becomes our most damaging weakness when the chance is there to steal a point or turn a draw into a win. Throughout Ralph’s tenure we have been our own worst enemy - chewing up the clock with meaningless, no end product passing. Every team in the PL knows that they just need to sit back and let us fart-arse around.

I certainly don’t see him as arrogant but he is frustratingly obstinate, and he needs to change that because it’s killing us.

Agreed. Saints had 30 minutes to take advantage today. Newcastle should've been battered. There is a time for very direct football and today was it with 10 and 9 men behind the ball, intricate dicking around won't (and didn't) unlock that. Direct, batter them, mistakes will happen. 

36 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Agreed. Saints had 30 minutes to take advantage today. Newcastle should've been battered. There is a time for very direct football and today was it with 10 and 9 men behind the ball, intricate dicking around won't (and didn't) unlock that. Direct, batter them, mistakes will happen. 

When we tried to put crosses in they were shite though. There seemed a real lack of urgency. No one demanding the ball, no one trying anything different, the tactic was slow passing to try and draw them out which didn’t work, then get it wide, for a shit cross which was easily headed out by their defence. Even if we’d played it short into the middle and played for free kicks  20-30 yards out we’d have been more likely to score then by then shit approach.

4 hours ago, CanadaSaint said:

Yes, His style is based on position, draw them out then strike.

If they will not be drawn out, we are done.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Colinjb said:

Yes, His style is based on position, draw them out then strike.

If they will not be drawn out, we are done.

Exactly and we've been totally sussed by nearly every other team in this league, I admire and love Ralph's style when it clicks but there is literally nothing else to us no let's adapt to a plan b, teams know if they cut off our press and then literally leave us to our own devices that is enough, we are extremely one dimensional at the moment.  Tippy tapping it about (mostly backwards) and hoping something will happen  and Not going for the juggular against nine men is pretty unforgivable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Anyone that wants to see us without RH seriously needs to give their heads a fucking good wobble.

He’s got more less the same win % as Claude Puel, as well as suffering two 9-0’s. It’s all well and good being top 4 in a calendar year , if you’re shite either side of that, it doesn’t really mean a lot. We also seem to be doing the same shit over and over again with the same players doing the same thing over and over. 

If we go out of the cup with a whimper and the season tails off as it has done the past couple of weeks, then questions need to be asked. I don’t want him out, but it’s hardly head wobble territory if this lot continue to stink the place out. 

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

He’s got more less the same win % as Claude Puel, as well as suffering two 9-0’s. It’s all well and good being top 4 in a calendar year , if you’re shite either side of that, it doesn’t really mean a lot. We also seem to be doing the same shit over and over again with the same players doing the same thing over and over. 

If we go out of the cup with a whimper and the season tails off as it has done the past couple of weeks, then questions need to be asked. I don’t want him out, but it’s hardly head wobble territory if this lot continue to stink the place out. 

I don't particularly disagree with the above, but what you have failed to discuss is the fact that the kind of replacement we will attract is more likely to be on a par with Pellegrino than Pep G.

For that reason, I'm happy to live with his faults.

• Like 1

I'd be more critical of Ralph if he'd actually been given the money to get the players he wanted to play his style of football and the results were still shit. Truth is he hasn't.

He arrived in Dec 18 and since then he's only been allowed to sign 5 players permanently (Adams, Djenepo, KWP, Diallo, Salisu), one of whom hasn't even kicked a ball yet. He basically had to improve the players he inherited and get them to play his high press system. When he first got here he didn't play his preferred formation, instead going to 3 at the back as the players weren't good enough to adopt his style. Personally, I think he's worked miracles compared to the drivel served up under Pellegrino and Hughes. It's not been perfect by any means but I'm more than happy to have him at St Mary's.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Trout-Tickler said:

I'd be more critical of Ralph if he'd actually been given the money to get the players he wanted to play his style of football and the results were still shit. Truth is he hasn't.

He arrived in Dec 18 and since then he's only been allowed to sign 5 players permanently (Adams, Djenepo, KWP, Diallo, Salisu), one of whom hasn't even kicked a ball yet. He basically had to improve the players he inherited and get them to play his high press system. When he first got here he didn't play his preferred formation, instead going to 3 at the back as the players weren't good enough to adopt his style. Personally, I think he's worked miracles compared to the drivel served up under Pellegrino and Hughes. It's not been perfect by any means but I'm more than happy to have him at St Mary's.

So in that case is it not time to accept we don't currently have the players capable to play Ralph's preferred style & probably never will have, he seems incapable of adapting to anything else so what do we do? 

51 minutes ago, Mr X said:

So in that case is it not time to accept we don't currently have the players capable to play Ralph's preferred style & probably never will have, he seems incapable of adapting to anything else so what do we do? 

So if we don’t have the money to buy them how do we sack him and staff then???

it’s simple.... we can’t 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl