Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

1 minute ago, Pamplemousse said:

Let's see where we are next season. If, as we are led to believe, this transfer window we will be active, then hopefully there will be improvements.

No point in being rash. After all, we had the same morons on here crying Puel out and we ended up with Pellegrino. I was right then and I imagine the more level-headed amongst us will be right this time.

Yep, transfer window will be active but we will not spend more than 10m on 1 player - don't expect miracles. What can you get for 10m these days?.........

Just now, TWar said:

Bad day at the office against a team full of confidence and everything to play for vs a team with nothing to play for. Can't blame Ralph for individual sloppiness, it just felt like a lack of focus. We were much better in the second but damage was done by then. We are safe, we made FA Cup semis, that's enough for me to call this an average season at worst.

Yeah exactly. Granted there have been far too many bad days at the office for anyone's liking and we have to improve, but also, let's not forget where we were when he took over. Some perspective is needed.

2 minutes ago, TWar said:

Bad day at the office against a team full of confidence and everything to play for vs a team with nothing to play for. Can't blame Ralph for individual sloppiness, it just felt like a lack of focus. We were much better in the second but damage was done by then. We are safe, we made FA Cup semis, that's enough for me to call this an average season at worst.

People calling for sacking the manager if he doesn't make the FA cup final are, predictably, mental. 

Fuck me, you’re still making excuses for him. Unbelievable. You’re embarrassing yourself now. 

• Like 3

Just now, Lord Duckhunter said:

Fuck me, you’re still making excuses for him. Unbelievable. You’re embarrassing yourself now. 

We had a bad game, it was a pretty irrelevant game given the circumstances, and the other team played well. No need to shit yourself.

2 minutes ago, Pamplemousse said:

Yeah exactly. Granted there have been far too many bad days at the office for anyone's liking and we have to improve, but also, let's not forget where we were when he took over. Some perspective is needed.

We need to be more consistent, I don't think anyone disagrees with that but people calling for the managers head right now are bedwetters of the highest order.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pamplemousse said:

The last 3 months we’ve been as bad as anything Hughes served up, so don’t give us the “look where we were pony”. We’re 4 places higher than we were when Hughes left. 4 places !!!!

• Like 3

Just now, TWar said:

We need to be more consistent, I don't think anyone disagrees with that but people calling for the managers head right now are bedwetters of the highest order.

Bedwetters of the highest order 😂😂😂😂

2 wins in 15 games. Embarrassed and out played by West Brom. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Cracked up. A bad day in the office, as if this isn’t a regular occurrence. 

The only reason last week wasn’t also a bad day is because Ings dragged us out of it. 

3 minutes ago, TWar said:

We are consistent.  We consistently lose and are consistently crap.  I don't think that consistency has anything to do with our problems. 

I’d like to see a poll along these lines: 

a) Ralph in, and to lead us on next season no matter how this season ends

b) Give Ralph until end of the season, but if we don’t go past 39/40 points then get rid (unless we win the cup) otherwise keep for next season

c) Give Ralph the FA Cup semifinal, if we lose then sack him because the run of form + results have been terrible for some time

d) Sack Ralph now

Edited by nta786

Just now, Micky said:

We are consistent.  We consistently lose and are consistently crap.  I don't think that consistency has anything to do with our problems. 

Not true at all, we are probably the least consistent team in the league this season. We can basically divide our season up into runs where we are amazing and runs where we are shite. We haven't had a consistent quality all season.

8 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

And your obsession with him, and any other manager other than your beloved Claude, is far more embarrassing. 

Just now, saint lard said:

He has no credit from me 

I don’t want him at the club. 

you watch he’ll win the FA cup 

if not...thomas Frank from Brentford. 

We will not be appointing a manager who is currently employed. So forget your 'wish lists'. 

4 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Just putting this out there.

If people got their wish and Ralph was 'relieved of his duties', and the club then decided the cheapo approach was to appoint from within (Davis/Fleming). What would your view be?

That’d be even worse; but if that’s our only option then send us back to league 1 ASAP. 

We’re skint, but I do not believe there are no managers who would do a better job than Ralph is currently, who will cost less than Ralph. 

Just now, S-Clarke said:

Just putting this out there.

If people got their wish and Ralph was 'relieved of his duties', and the club then decided the cheapo approach was to appoint from within (Davis/Fleming). What would your view be?

I think (hope) the board stick with Ralph. If he goes the odds are we would churn through dross over and over like we have done previously. I think some people think we should be challenging at the top end of the table because we were top for one game but in reality we are roughly where we should be.

Just now, Pedantic Pete said:

I think (hope) the board stick with Ralph. If he goes the odds are we would churn through dross over and over like we have done previously. I think some people think we should be challenging at the top end of the table because we were top for one game but in reality we are roughly where we should be.

I think it's more that the concern is that a better manager would have tried something to arrest the alarming form we've been in for months now. We will almost certainly not be going down this year but I wouldn't like to say with any certainty that we won't next year. 

3 minutes ago, TWar said:

Not true at all, we are probably the least consistent team in the league this season. We can basically divide our season up into runs where we are amazing and runs where we are shite. We haven't had a consistent quality all season.

2 wins in 15 games is pretty consistent to me. Consistently fucking rubbish. 

We haven’t had consistent quality because we’re a pretty average squad and Ralph is a very average manager who tactically appalling. 

I’ve backed Ralph through the two 9-0s, and some tough times, and we were good March 2020-Nov 2020. But you can’t stand still, and SFC has a historic complacency gene that wouldn’t be tolerated in other parts of the country. We saw 2003 when WGS got fed up with the total dogma and inflexibility - instead of Malbranque we got Nilsson and Kenton.

The last 5 years at SFC has largely been a shot show since Ronald left, brief flickers under Puel but largely shite football and decline, Pellegrino - worse than Branfoot and a £20m striker playing 10 games and given away, Hughes kept us up but mess the next season, fire went out of him, Ralph after having a better time has now gone the same way as Hughes, looks tired and disinterested.

New owners needed ASAP, new manager and coaches, Crocker can sort out the rotten academy Les and his cronies have left behind. Allardyce showed tonight he has a contacts book all of the hopeless morons who pretend to be scouts with laptops will never have. Okay was excellent, he wouldn’t have cost £20m, look at AMN, the CB at Fulham Andresen as well.

Ownership is a void, manager lost enthusiasm, coaching non league, academy teams getting thrashed despite all of the investment in facilities, players looking directionless and devoid of any work rate the week before an FA Cup Semi final. Stadium is about the only positive about the club right now. We’ve seen loads of excuses on here blaming the fans for getting on players backs but they haven’t been in the stadium bar a tiny cameo at Xmas for a year.

If someone doesn’t buy the club soon and clear decks, the skates’ fate would be SFC’s next. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SKD said:

2 wins in 15 games is pretty consistent to me. Consistently fucking rubbish. 

We haven’t had consistent quality because we’re a pretty average squad and Ralph is a very average manager who tactically appalling. 

It's impressive how often it needs to be pointed out to you Ralph didn't take over 15 games ago.

1 minute ago, TWar said:

It's impressive how often it needs to be pointed out to you Ralph didn't take over 15 games ago.

Correct, it was c.100 ago and he has about 34% wins. So he therefore has only won about a 3rd of his games. That doesn’t justify a streak this poor with absolutely no sign of turning it around. 

17 minutes ago, SKD said:

Correct, it was c.100 ago and he has about 34% wins. So he therefore has only won about a 3rd of his games. That doesn’t justify a streak this poor with absolutely no sign of turning it around. 

34% winrate is mid table to top half form, converts to somewhere like 40-45 points depending on number of draws. Do you think this team should be achieving that? When like 12 teams in the league have bought players worth over £40m and our record spend is under half that. I think you gotta be more realistic.

16 minutes ago, saint1977 said:

I’ve backed Ralph through the two 9-0s, and some tough times, and we were good March 2020-Nov 2020. But you can’t stand still, and SFC has a historic complacency gene that wouldn’t be tolerated in other parts of the country. We saw 2003 when WGS got fed up with the total dogma and inflexibility - instead of Malbranque we got Nilsson and Kenton.

The last 5 years at SFC has largely been a shot show since Ronald left, brief flickers under Puel but largely shite football and decline, Pellegrino - worse than Branfoot and a £20m striker playing 10 games and given away, Hughes kept us up but mess the next season, fire went out of him, Ralph after having a better time has now gone the same way as Hughes, looks tired and disinterested.

New owners needed ASAP, new manager and coaches, Crocker can sort out the rotten academy Les and his cronies have left behind. Allardyce showed tonight he has a contacts book all of the hopeless morons who pretend to be scouts with laptops will never have. Okay was excellent, he wouldn’t have cost £20m, look at AMN, the CB at Fulham Andresen as well.

Ownership is a void, manager lost enthusiasm, coaching non league, academy teams getting thrashed despite all of the investment in facilities, players looking directionless and devoid of any work rate the week before an FA Cup Semi final. Stadium is about the only positive about the club right now. We’ve seen loads of excuses on here blaming the fans for getting on players backs but they haven’t been in the stadium bar a tiny cameo at Xmas for a year.

If someone doesn’t buy the club soon and clear decks, the skates’ fate would be SFC’s next. 

I'd have got Howe in a month ago. I've just got a feeling that Ralph won't stick around at the end of the season. He'll certainly not stick around if we get relegated... Hopefully that's unlikely. 

Howe would have given the team a much needed boost for the last 1/4 of the season. In the event that we did get relegated at least we'd have a manager who would stick around and have a go at getting us back up. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

I'd have got Howe in a month ago. I've just got a feeling that Ralph won't stick around at the end of the season. He'll certainly not stick around if we get relegated... Hopefully that's unlikely. 

Howe would have given the team a much needed boost for the last 1/4 of the season. In the event that we did get relegated at least we'd have a manager who would stick around and have a go at getting us back up. 

Pretty sure Howe wouldn't want to damage his reputation any further by working with this amateur board. Having said that, maybe he's holding out for something, as he seems to have distanced himself from Celtc

• Like 1

Are we a good team who sometimes has bad spells. 
Or, a bad team who sometimes has good spells?

Our win, goal scoring and defensive records under Ralph are so hit and miss it’s hard to tell. It has often felt like we’re better than our performances suggest… but after a while of lacklustre performances, shit defending, an inability to score, and no idea how to win games if our normal style doesn’t work, I’m not so sure. 

51 minutes ago, TWar said:

People calling for sacking the manager if he doesn't make the FA cup final are, predictably, mental. 

Can’t believe you’re writing this off as a bad day at the office. How many more are we going to have until people stop making excuses for him? If Ings hadn’t dragged us out the shit against Burnley we’d have been even worse off than we are.

10 minutes ago, TWar said:

34% winrate is mid table to top half form, converts to somewhere like 40-45 points depending on number of draws. Do you think this team should be achieving that? When like 12 teams in the league have bought players worth over £40m and our record spend is under half that. I think you gotta be more realistic.

But most of those wins have come from a purple patch over 2 seasons (of which were very much dependant on fitness due to stop / start season and shorter pre-season because of covid) so it doesn’t equate that 45 points or mid table. 

We’re defensively very, very poor. Look like we could concede 9 every game. Hardly look like scoring and even less so when ings isn’t playing. No real fight and no signs it’ll change. 

Too slow to react in game, often start games slow as well. 

To be honest, I can’t believe anyone can still defend him. 

Edited by SKD

8 minutes ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Pretty sure Howe wouldn't want to damage his reputation any further by working with this amateur board. Having said that, maybe he's holding out for something, as he seems to have distanced himself from Celtc

He’d jump at the chance. He’ll be at us or palace next season, I suspect. 

1 minute ago, SKD said:

But most of those wins have come from a purple patch over 2 seasons (of which were very much dependant on fitness due to stop / start season and shorter pre-season because of covid) so it doesn’t equate that 45 points or mid table. 

We’re defensively very, very poor. Look like we could concede 9 every game. Hardly look like scoring and even less so when ings isn’t playing. No real fight and no signs it’ll change. 

Wins are wins, you can't discount a run of over a year as a "purple patch" but then base all your arguments on a 3 month period. Over his full time he has good stats, that is still true, individual losses won't change that.

Just now, TWar said:

Maybe enough to actually put us in danger, which hasn't happened all season.

Only because of a purple patch at the start of the season. Since November, we’re bottom 2 for form and look fucking appalling. 

At what point next season do you consider us to be ‘in danger’?

Just now, SKD said:

But most of those wins have come from a purple patch over 2 seasons, so it doesn’t equate that 45 points or mid table. 

When the alternatives being brought up are people like Eddie Howe, I can.

He's a good manager at the least ambitious club in the league. Teams come up and spend £100m~ net in a window and since he's arrived we've spent about £16m net, it's embarrassing.

I'm not for a second saying he doesn't have his negatives, but just step back and look at what he's working with. I'd rather not put that on somebody like Eddie Howe who spent a shit load and couldn't spot a good player. 

• Like 3

Just now, TWar said:

Wins are wins, you can't discount a run of over a year as a "purple patch" but then base all your arguments on a 3 month period. Over his full time he has good stats, that is still true, individual losses won't change that.

2 record defeats. Highest amount of goals conceded. 2 wins in 14 far out weigh a good 2020. 

Just now, Saint Matty 76 said:

When the alternatives being brought up are people like Eddie Howe, I can.

He's a good manager at the least ambitious club in the league. Teams come up and spend £100m~ net in a window and since he's arrived we've spent about £16m net, it's embarrassing.

I'm not for a second saying he doesn't have his negatives, but just step back and look at what he's working with. I'd rather not put that on somebody like Eddie Howe who spent a shit load and couldn't spot a good player. 

Absolutely nothing to back that statement up. 

But even if he is a good manager, that doesn’t mean he’s the right man for us. 

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl