Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

1 hour ago, JustinSFC said:

Why don't you look at the actual evidence and not just cling on to blind optimism?

The blokes been here 3 years.

What's got to happen?

I did. We have had bad spells, and good spells.

See, the difference in you and me, as i see it, is i see he has done well, and is currently doing pretty damn shit. I think it is worth trying to see if we can get the good bit back again.

Just because I see things differently to you, doesnt mean there isnt evidence to suggest what you say could be correct, and what I say could be correct - we have been a mixed bag, no one I see on here deny's this, just the people who largey appear to want Ralph gone, are far more vociferous in their opinions.

I mean, im moving towards the "think he needs to go camp" but im not there yet.

I do also understand what you and the others say about he needs to go - i totally understand why people would want that.

Do you just have a need for people to agree with your point of view - pretty controlling behaviour if so, dont you think?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billy the Kidd said:

See, the difference in you and me, as i see it, is i see he has done well, and is currently doing pretty damn shit. I think it is worth trying to see if we can get the good bit back again.

Just because I see things differently to you, doesnt mean there isnt evidence to suggest what you say could be correct, and what I say could be correct - we have been a mixed bag, no one I see on here deny's this, just the people who largey appear to want Ralph gone, are far more vociferous in their opinions.

I do also understand what you and the others say about he needs to go - i totally understand why people would want that.

Do you just have a need for people to agree with your point of view - pretty controlling behaviour if so, dont you think?

I'm thinking similarly to you.  I don't think there's much point in sacking him at the moment. This season is a write off and is an anomaly anyway. 

This is going to be an interesting closed season with the Euros taking up a big lump of it but usually the big footballing events are when the club officials get together and have a group haggle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SKD said:

This isn’t true, though. It’s an excuse. 

we’re lacking some very important skills (I.e a leader at the back and a bit of creativity in the middle), but I don’t think we have one of the worst squads in the league. Depth isn’t great, but Ralph himself wanted a smaller squad. 

I’d say as things stand we should mid table - top 10. Add in a leader and a bit of quality in the ‘10’ and CB and we’ll have a squad that on paper should be capable of challenging for Europe. 

We’ve got a striker (and arguably a CB) who outside the big 6 (Vardy and DCL aside) is the best in the league. 

The trouble is, what we need to push us on, they cost £ and would be more than were willing to spend. 

Take ings out and yes, we will have a very poor team as there just aren’t the goals to keep us up. 

You make a good point about Ings. His minutes on the pitch have dropped, his goals to mins ratio dropped, his shot accuracy dropped. Has been a big miss for us.

Im not sure id agree this squad should be mid table - Top 10. Id suggest there are currently maybe 3 teams above us we could be doing better than - Palace, Burnley, Villa. 

Youve also listed 3 more players to challenge for Europe places - id suggest we need a lot more than that, but I do agree we may not have the funds just now to compete at that level.

What position would your leader play in? Ive said it previously on other threads, but id be thinking of moving JWP on if it helps fund more players.

1156952229_Screenshot2021-04-26at16_36_23.thumb.png.c5c17885262881f3581ebaf56640ca73.png

1712139539_Screenshot2021-04-26at16_36_49.thumb.png.159541e5f879a2e489c4ea35d07d8606.png

2 hours ago, Nemi said:

The rot well and truly set in before Ralph, it’s deluded to think otherwise - we’ve been an awful team with one of the worst squads in the league since 2017.

I thought we were the fourth best team in the whole country in the calendar year of 2020 and thats not a blip it's a whole year etc etc. What happened to that?

How do we explain that magical year where there wasn't any rot but not apparently there is rot again now?

This forum has gone through the looking glass. Absolute insanity.

Historically the  forum cliche was the Alex Ferguson "give him time" routine, as long as the manager can bed in etc success will follow, no chopping and changing give him time to build his vision etc etc etc 

But with the Ralph cult the reverse is now true.....the longer the manager is here he takes less and less responsibility for the team he puts out. It becomes less down to him.

Things go wrong in 2021 so we jump back to the year 2017 and blame that and blame Puel and blame "the bigger picture" and the rot that set in back then.....how on earth does that work? 

Surely you people can see that this is absolutely mad?

Edited by CB Fry

There is a difference between reporting and controlling....Ralph reports poor performance and doesn’t take accountability for the performances, nor does he change anything about them. We just keep rolling out the same stuff and Ralph says we were not good enough... ignore the table positions, I’ve not seen a performance that gives me hope that we can make a sustained change to the way we play. I also don’t believe that it’s all player related.. yes we have some poor players, but they are not being pointed in the right direction. 

As has been said many times.. the definition of madness is to keep doing the same things and expect a different result. This is the most worrying thing for me. There is no coaching that suggests we are going through a bad spell and will suddenly pull out of it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustinSFC said:

Why don't you look at the actual evidence and not just cling on to blind optimism?

The blokes been here 3 years.

What's got to happen?

Because Ralph was good with us once so that means he could be good again, despite all the evidence suggesting that won't happen.

Using the same logic, we should immediately recall Shane Long and give him a new contract as we all know he can score goals, even though he hasn't scored a league goal for us in over a year.

1 hour ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Alright keep your hair on my man. 😅

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, saint michael said:

There is a difference between reporting and controlling....Ralph reports poor performance and doesn’t take accountability for the performances, nor does he change anything about them. We just keep rolling out the same stuff and Ralph says we were not good enough... ignore the table positions, I’ve not seen a performance that gives me hope that we can make a sustained change to the way we play. I also don’t believe that it’s all player related.. yes we have some poor players, but they are not being pointed in the right direction. 

As has been said many times.. the definition of madness is to keep doing the same things and expect a different result. This is the most worrying thing for me. There is no coaching that suggests we are going through a bad spell and will suddenly pull out of it. 

This, 100%

The situation isn't ideal for any manager, but there are things Ralph can control and things he can't.

He's fully in control of the system we play and the players he picks (from those available), which haven't worked for at least half a season.

He's also fully in control of the in-game management, which has also been the worst from any manager I can remember for a long time.

No manager would keep us top of the league, but I'm also almost certain other managers wouldn't have us playing and performing anywhere near as bad as we have been, and it's far more than a blip 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

I thought we were the fourth best team in the whole country in the calendar year of 2020 and thats not a blip it's a whole year etc etc. What happened to that?

Was that kind of magical year of zero rot but now the rot is back again?? 

This forum has gone through the looking glass. Absolute insanity.

Historically the  forum cliche was the Alex Ferguson "give him time" routine, as long as the manager can bed in etc success will follow, no chopping and changing etc etc etc 

But with the Ralph cult the reverse is now true.....the longer the manager is here he takes less and less responsibility for the team he puts out.

Things go wrong in 2021 so we jump back to the year 2017 and blame that and blame Puel and blame "the bigger picture" and the rot that set in back then.....how on earth does that work?

Surely you people can see that this is absolutely mad?

The blame has nothing to do with any managers, the club has been poorly run for years and as a result we have a poor squad. The managers whether it’s Hasenhuttl or Puel or even bloody Hughes and Pellegrino are victims of this. 

We’ve only got more than 50 points once since 15/16 and that’s under Hasenhuttl. Otherwise these players have failed Pellegrino, Hughes and Puel in the second half of the season.

We could change manager but they’re only going to produce the same disappointing results with this squad and with our recent form in recruiting players. The only thing that is going to fix this better ownership and better players. It’s been proven with our league finished that you can only get so far with players like Redmond or Bednarek or JWP or McCarthy or Vestergaard and if I’m being very harsh Romeu because they consistently finish bottom half.

What is mad is people thinking that we can just chop and change managers whenever and expect things to improve. You clearly can’t comprehend what I’m saying if you think I’m just blaming Puel.

• Like 1

I remember back when Ralph first turned up a big bone of contention was "square pegs in round holes". People always used to say it, now it is "why not change when things clearly aren't working" and the problem is that these two things are pretty much the options.

We don't have the players to meaningfully improve on the team we are putting out, changing to a 3atb would involve less attacking players and would make us further struggle to create chances, and going to a 433 would require as to have a third central mid which we don't have, unless you are counting Armstrong in which case suddenly its looking very similar to the team we play with every week. The only other option is to consider square pegs in round holes. This is the issue, when you have about 14 prem quality players your diversity of choice is pretty low. We need signings to freshen things up. People saying "just try things" don't really have answers, maybe because there aren't answers. 

11 minutes ago, TWar said:

I remember back when Ralph first turned up a big bone of contention was "square pegs in round holes". People always used to say it, now it is "why not change when things clearly aren't working" and the problem is that these two things are pretty much the options.

We don't have the players to meaningfully improve on the team we are putting out, changing to a 3atb would involve less attacking players and would make us further struggle to create chances, and going to a 433 would require as to have a third central mid which we don't have, unless you are counting Armstrong in which case suddenly its looking very similar to the team we play with every week. The only other option is to consider square pegs in round holes. This is the issue, when you have about 14 prem quality players your diversity of choice is pretty low. We need signings to freshen things up. People saying "just try things" don't really have answers, maybe because there aren't answers. 

So the alternative is to carry on with the same formation, players and style of play which currently leaves us with 12 defeats in 15 and absolutely rock bottom of the form table, conceding more goals than any other side, can't score after 65 minutes and given up more points from winning positions than any other team in the hope that we suddenly turn a corner and beat 3 of the CL contenders, a side fighting for survival and Leeds in our last 5 games? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, supersonic said:

So the alternative is to carry on with the same formation, players and style of play which currently leaves us with 12 defeats in 15 and absolutely rock bottom of the form table, conceding more goals than any other side, can't score after 65 minutes and given up more points from winning positions than any other team in the hope that we suddenly turn a corner and beat 3 of the CL contenders, a side fighting for survival and Leeds in our last 5 games? 

That's kind of my point. There isn't an alternative at the moment. We have no depth, and a team with glaring holes. The alternative is to coast into summer and hope for 5 quality signings atleast. I think it can be done to get the players we need for cheap as players like Armstrong and Bednarek were cheaper, we just need to get in now.

2 hours ago, SKD said:

This isn’t true, though. It’s an excuse. 

we’re lacking some very important skills (I.e a leader at the back and a bit of creativity in the middle), but I don’t think we have one of the worst squads in the league. Depth isn’t great, but Ralph himself wanted a smaller squad. 

I’d say as things stand we should mid table - top 10. Add in a leader and a bit of quality in the ‘10’ and CB and we’ll have a squad that on paper should be capable of challenging for Europe. 

We’ve got a striker (and arguably a CB) who outside the big 6 (Vardy and DCL aside) is the best in the league. 

The trouble is, what we need to push us on, they cost £ and would be more than were willing to spend. 

Take ings out and yes, we will have a very poor team as there just aren’t the goals to keep us up. 

It is true this team team finished in those positions.

It is true that largely these players got our last three coaches sacked because of poor performances so what’s going to change if we sack our fourth? 

It is true that Walcott, Bertrand and Forster aside no one in our squad has managed to maintain themselves as a first-choice starter in a team that has finished in the top half of the Premier League (and all three of them are far off their previous best levels).

Nothing is suddenly going to make players like Redmond, Djenepo, Bednarek, Vestergaard, McCarthy even JWP and very harshly Romeu the required quality to finish anywhere near a European place let alone top-half. Even Ings and Armstrong our best players have never been a regular starter in a top-half PL team. There is a reason for this. It is deluded to think this squad can get anywhere near Europe.

Sure we could change manger, but without serious investment is just going to be more and more bottom-half finishes.

57 minutes ago, Nemi said:

The blame has nothing to do with any managers, the club has been poorly run for years and as a result we have a poor squad. The managers whether it’s Hasenhuttl or Puel or even bloody Hughes and Pellegrino are victims of this. 

We’ve only got more than 50 points once since 15/16 and that’s under Hasenhuttl. Otherwise these players have failed Pellegrino, Hughes and Puel in the second half of the season.

We could change manager but they’re only going to produce the same disappointing results with this squad and with our recent form in recruiting players. The only thing that is going to fix this better ownership and better players. It’s been proven with our league finished that you can only get so far with players like Redmond or Bednarek or JWP or McCarthy or Vestergaard and if I’m being very harsh Romeu because they consistently finish bottom half.

What is mad is people thinking that we can just chop and change managers whenever and expect things to improve. You clearly can’t comprehend what I’m saying if you think I’m just blaming Puel.

But that story has only become the dominant narrative now we're doing terribly under Ralph.

The post summer transfer window feeling was the team was strengthened and the general predictions going into the season was solid mid table.

Then we had threads about winning the league in the Autumn.

Pretty much no one was saying we were heading into a relegation battle, or that the rot has set in etc etc.

At the beginning of this season, Ralph "inherited" a team that finished eleventh. Not Pellegrino's team, not Puel's. His. A team that finished 11th  with no major departures (PEH expendable) and some additions of his choosing.

It's just absolute garbage that as soon as things go wrong some people just want to leapfrog back in time to blame "the rot" or "the big picture" or other such things to absolve Ralph of any blame.

By the same measure I can't remember anyone crediting Pellegrino or Puel when we were top of the league that day. But now, what a surprise, let's lump them back in to absolve Ralph.

Utter insanity.

Edited by CB Fry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JustinSFC said:

He definitely did.

I can remember him saying it when he first got here.

That was one of the first things he said 

He said the squad was too big or something and it's one of my biggest criticisms of Ralph.

He stripped our squad right down which is why he's been playing players out of position.

That's my recollection too. I've got it in my head that he said he wanted 20 players plus the kids. Don't get me wrong, he would have meant 20 good players, but a small squad is what he wanted and what he has. 

9 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

But that story has only become the dominant narrative now we're doing terribly under Ralph.

The post summer transfer window feeling was the team was strengthened and the general predictions going into the season was solid mid table.

Then we had threads about winning the league in the Autumn.

Pretty much no one was saying we were heading into a relegation battle, or that the rot has set in etc etc.

At the beginning of this season, Ralph "inherited" a team that finished eleventh. Not Pellegrino's team, not Puel's. His. A team that finished 11th  with no major departures (PEH expendable) and some additions of his choosing.

It's just absolute garbage that as soon as things go wrong some people just want to leapfrog back in time to blame "the rot" or "the big picture" or other such things to absolve Ralph of any blame.

By the same measure I can't remember anyone crediting Pellegrino or Puel when we were top of the league that day. But now, what a surprise, let's lump them back in to absolve Ralph.

Utter insanity.

Well quite frankly just because people thought for a period our team is than it is, doesn’t mean It is better than it is. And just because people blamed Pellegrino and Puel rather than the players doesn’t change the fact that it was the players who let them down.

If we based all our decisions on the spontaneous reactions of our fans we’d be in an even worse position we are in.

No matter what people think, this squad has stayed largely the same since 2017 and has stayed consistently crap with lots of different managers.

I’m not sure why you think I’m trying to proportion or absolve anyone of blame. I’m just pointing out the fact we have a below average PL team, who unsurprisingly have produced below average results.

1 hour ago, TWar said:

Wasn't Walcott and theJapanese player supposed to freshen things up? . Maybe a decent summer break/rest is all that is needed. Start with ac lean sheet.

30 minutes ago, cloggy saint said:

Like changing managers?

Can you explain what you believe Ralph is adding to the team performances please. I believe everyone should be given chance to turn things around and think he has had that time. The biggest sin for me is not the results but the lack of team set up and tactics. I’ve never seen worse defensive coaching in all my time supporting saints. If you can’t defend you can’t win. That’s the cycle we are in. Our forwards scoring lots and great form helped earlier on. We now have the combination of a very poor defence and extra pressure on team to score lots just to be in a game.  That’s why I believe a change is necessary 

45 minutes ago, TWar said:

That's kind of my point. There isn't an alternative at the moment. We have no depth, and a team with glaring holes. The alternative is to coast into summer and hope for 5 quality signings atleast. I think it can be done to get the players we need for cheap as players like Armstrong and Bednarek were cheaper, we just need to get in now.

There is an alternative, we can go 3 in midfield or 3 at the back, it's just Ralph is so intent on playing his same 442 that he won't try anything else. 

We can also stop the constant high press which clearly leaves us totally knackered and ineffective in the last 20 mins, it's just Ralph won't try anything else.

In fact, with the position we're in, there's never been a better time to try something new. We can't really get any worse than 7 points out of a possible 45 so what do we have to lose?

We may even find some of the fringe players are decent, or a change of shape might suit us more.

I'm not sure people are advocating a radically different starting XI anyway, just a willingness to switch up the style when things aren't working during a match. 

We are absolutely useless at building pressure late on in a game, evidenced by our goal stats. I know it's basic stuff but if we're getting nowhere, at least try going more direct or getting crosses in from deeper or something. We never do anything to unsettle the opposition other than the press, but that doesn't work when you have the ball and are chasing the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, benjii said:

I'm not sure people are advocating a radically different starting XI anyway, just a willingness to switch up the style when things aren't working during a match. 

We are absolutely useless at building pressure late on in a game, evidenced by our goal stats. I know it's basic stuff but if we're getting nowhere, at least try going more direct or getting crosses in from deeper or something. We never do anything to unsettle the opposition other than the press, but that doesn't work when you have the ball and are chasing the game.

Good post and where I am he is tactically useless- against Burnley got it bang on thought he had changed but no 86 mins under cosh second half we could get a point bring on extra defender or midfielder. Stephens was on bench but what does he do Redmond for Tella like for like just trying to waste time Spurs broke and we conceded corner as were stretched after JWP free kick lobbed to keeper.

Game management is abysmal 

If you judging a season by the number of defeats, we are heading for 20 defeats this season. That number of defeats would, on most season's see you occupy one of the bottom three slots. That's an unacceptable number, especially for a side that doesn't end up going down. The fact that draws are in single figures also highlights that we aren't hard to break down and that we can't even close out a game for a point. 

23 minutes ago, Totton Saint said:

Wasn't Walcott and theJapanese player supposed to freshen things up? . Maybe a decent summer break/rest is all that is needed. Start with ac lean sheet.

Yeah honestly I think Minimino has been disappointing. He allegedly has a clause where we pay less if we play him more and he still isn't getting into a side who create very little. Walcott has been here since the start of the season but he is very sloppy in possession and weak against the ball so while he does add something going forward I personally don't rate him and wouldn't have on a perm. I think our best front line is Ings, Adams, Armstrong and Djenepo but Djenepo isn't really good enough, Ings is always injured, Che is very patchy, and Armstrong can only play once a week so we need to forward assistance pronto.

50 minutes ago, egg said:

That's my recollection too. I've got it in my head that he said he wanted 20 players plus the kids. Don't get me wrong, he would have meant 20 good players, but a small squad is what he wanted and what he has. 

So what, are people not allowed to change their minds?

Isn’t that a good thing, that he recognises he needs to change something he previously said.

You fuckers should be working for AC-12.

37 minutes ago, saint michael said:

Can you explain what you believe Ralph is adding to the team performances please. I believe everyone should be given chance to turn things around and think he has had that time. The biggest sin for me is not the results but the lack of team set up and tactics. I’ve never seen worse defensive coaching in all my time supporting saints. If you can’t defend you can’t win. That’s the cycle we are in. Our forwards scoring lots and great form helped earlier on. We now have the combination of a very poor defence and extra pressure on team to score lots just to be in a game.  That’s why I believe a change is necessary 

Did we need a defensive coach when we won loads of games?

Did Ralph fuck off at the saltiest chance of a better club coming for him?

It does need sorting, but really dont understand how, as others said, we have largely the same below average players.  Had we not had the start we had this season, and averaged the same number of points, people would be a little pissed maybe, but not calling for his head like this in what has been a strange season.

Any suggestions who would come in to replace him and how they would get a different tune out of the players we have?

44 minutes ago, supersonic said:

There is an alternative, we can go 3 in midfield or 3 at the back, it's just Ralph is so intent on playing his same 442 that he won't try anything else. 

We can also stop the constant high press which clearly leaves us totally knackered and ineffective in the last 20 mins, it's just Ralph won't try anything else.

In fact, with the position we're in, there's never been a better time to try something new. We can't really get any worse than 7 points out of a possible 45 so what do we have to lose?

We may even find some of the fringe players are decent, or a change of shape might suit us more.

I have to admit, I still want Ralph atm, but am very surprised he hasn’t tried to change a few things on formation. To be fair though, we have tried a few different formations I thought a while back, and he settled on what we play with now.

And I didnt think we play as high a press this season as we did last year, i thought we try to retain more possession now, set traps and break when out of possession. The trouble is, and Bednarek is a fucking joke at it, trying to nick the ball as it comes into their player. he got done a number of times that led to a goal, think one at Newcastle was him doing that, and the 3rd for WBA too (although that may have been Vestegard).

2019/20 we had ave 49.2%

20/21 we had ave 51.7%

Edited by Billy the Kidd

1 minute ago, Billy the Kidd said:

So what, are people not allowed to change their minds?

Isn’t that a good thing, that he recognises he needs to change something he previously said.

You fuckers should be working for AC-12.

When you were sulking the other day you said you wouldn't be replying to me. It was nice while it lasted. 

Back to Ralph, I only wish he'd change his mind about his tactics that aren't working. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, egg said:

When you were sulking the other day you said you wouldn't be replying to me. It was nice while it lasted. 

Back to Ralph, I only wish he'd change his mind about his tactics that aren't working. 

I asked what was the point, which i dont believe you replied to. But true to form, you read what you want to hear, helps you fit an agenda hey 😘

You still think I’m someone else then Susan?

Who knows about Ralph and his tactics, maybe he will change them Friday and we will only lose by 8 goals...

4 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Any suggestions who would come in to replace him and how they would get a different tune out of the players we have?

This is the million dollar question no-one can seem to answer. 

Everything is so reactionary: when we were winning he’s the greatest coach on earth, when he loses he is the worst.

Reality is, given his tenure as a whole,  he is a decent coach, who has slightly improved us given the squad and like most managers has many flaws.

It is just crazy that people think that a simple manager change will solve everything: there probably are quite a few managers better than Ralph, but who in their right mind would join us?

• Like 1

Just now, Nemi said:

Everything is so reactionary: when we were winning he’s the greatest coach on earth, when he loses he is the worst.

Reality is, given his tenure as a whole,  he is a decent coach, who has slightly improved us given the squad and like most managers has many flaws.

It is just crazy that people think that a simple manager change will solve everything: there probably are quite a few managers better than Ralph, but who in their right mind would join us?

I was talking to my mate who supports Arsenal tonight and was talking to him about some of the stuff on here.

He said we’d be crazy to replace Ralph, mainly due to the potential we have with him, despite the form and 9-0’s.

I mean sure, someone else may come in and do better. They may do worse.

43 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Did we need a defensive coach when we won loads of games?

Did Ralph fuck off at the saltiest chance of a better club coming for him?

It does need sorting, but really dont understand how, as others said, we have largely the same below average players.  Had we not had the start we had this season, and averaged the same number of points, people would be a little pissed maybe, but not calling for his head like this in what has been a strange season.

Why is there this theory on here that absolutely no one out there would be interested in us and be able to do a better job than Ralph. Why is it seemingly impossible to some on here that we’d find a new Ralph, Poch koeman etc. 

1 person who would 100% do a better job than Ralph, but they won’t be liked Because they’re not be a hispster trendy choice, is Big Sam. Not my choice, I think there are probably long term better choices on the continent, but short term if PL survival is the goal, he’d almost guarantee that. 

Edited by SKD
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

I was talking to my mate who supports Arsenal tonight and was talking to him about some of the stuff on here.

He said we’d be crazy to replace Ralph, mainly due to the potential we have with him, despite the form and 9-0’s.

I mean sure, someone else may come in and do better. They may do worse.

What potential is this please? 3 years and we’ve not really seen it Consistently over a season. 

With respect; I’d trust someone who watches games week in week out, knows the club and it’s players (I.e fans on here) rather than making a judgement because he reads the Athletic and Ralph is a trendy name (I.e your Arsenal friend). 

Edited by SKD

22 minutes ago, Nemi said:

This is a daft stance. If I have an employee who was once decent but who's not cutting it anymore, I don't cling onto them just in case the replacement is no better. 

A simple manager change may not make a positive difference, but we won't know unless we try but nobody is convincing me that after 15 points in 20 games, that Ralph can simply turn it around. 

6 minutes ago, SKD said:

Why is there this theory on here that absolutely no one out there would be interested in us and be able to do a better job than Ralph. Why is it seemingly impossible to some on here that we’d find a new Ralph, Poch koeman etc. 

1 person who would 100% do a better job than Ralph, but they won’t be liked Because they’re not be a hispster trendy choice, is Big Sam. Not my choice, I think they are probably long term better choices on the continent, but short term if PL survival is the goal, he’d almost guarantee that. 

You make some very valid points, in that Sam could do a job. And other could too.

But I didnt say no one would be interested in us. I asked for suggestions on who could work out.

I'm not sure if it deliberate, but it often happens on this site when people twist what had been written.

5 minutes ago, egg said:

This is a daft stance. If I have an employee who was once decent but who's not cutting it anymore, I don't cling onto them just in case the replacement is no better. 

A simple manager change may not make a positive difference, but we won't know unless we try but nobody is convincing me that after 15 points in 20 games, that Ralph can simply turn it around. 

I'd hope you tried to help the once good employee to get back to their previous performance rather than cut them off like a cancer. 

2 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

You make some very valid points, in that Sam could do a job. And other could too.

But I didnt say no one would be interested in us. I asked for suggestions on who could work out.

I'm not sure if it deliberate, but it often happens on this site when people twist what had been written.

Wasn’t aimed at you per say, just seen it a few times people acting like we couldn’t do better so let’s keep him. 

8 minutes ago, SKD said:

What potential is this please? 3 years and we’ve not really seen it Consistently over a season. 

With respect; I’d trust someone who watches games week in week out, knows the club and it’s players (I.e fans on here) rather than making a judgement because he reads the Athletic and Ralph is a trendy name (I.e your Arsenal friend). 

Does your memory only stretch back 15 games or so?

Are you denying the runs we have gone on under Ralph, or do you believe it has always been like this bad run we are in?

You also know very little about my friend, so I understand your statement. But he doesn't read the Athletic, but great analogy. 

I was only passing on a conversation that some people neutral see things different to those who want him sacked now. 

29 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

One thing I’ve noticed in the years I’ve been on this forum, is that anytime someone  bumps into a neutral or supporter of another club , or they discusses us with a mate/work colleague/ neutral they also back up the posters opinion. Strange isn’t it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SKD said:

Wasn’t aimed at you per say, just seen it a few times people acting like we couldn’t do better so let’s keep him. 

Yeah fair enough, I get that.

I'm sure there are other managers who could do a great job, and who may want to come to us.

Like I've said loads, I'm all for giving him time, see how the next 6 games go and the transfer window, and if he goes, he goes and I'll support the next guy or girl that comes in.

Who would we honestly replace Ralph with if we ever took that decision in the next 3-6 months (although I dont think we will). Given the profile/age/style of manager we would likely pursue, the 3 obvious contenders closer to home would be -

Eddie Howe - did wonders at Bournemouth with little resources. But when given the financial backing, ultimately failed with signings like Ibe, Solanke etc. Not convinced at all.

Thomas Frank - would only be considered if Brentford didnt get promotion. But then we would be taking a risk with a manager whose only top flight experience is a few seasons with Brondby and failed to get Brentford promoted when they looked odds on for two consecutive seasons.

Frank Lampard - could we tempt him back into management? Not convinced as I think he would want a higher profile job. Again took a 6th place Derby back to 6th place and missed out in the playoff final. Despite being heavily backed by Abramovich and a getting off to a bright start, it tailed off badly.

I've no idea who the promising managers across Europe currently are, but I'm sure there would be a few on our radar. Hopefully not another Pellegrino mistake though.

Answers on a postcard from those looking to see the back of Ralph on who we would realistically look to bring in as a replacement to genuinely improve us.

3 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Does your memory only stretch back 15 games or so?

Are you denying the runs we have gone on under Ralph, or do you believe it has always been like this bad run we are in?

But we’ve never consistently done it across a 38 game season. We’re a very streaky team. 

There are some significant under lying issues with the manager. I don’t see the potential. 

2 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

One thing I’ve noticed in the years I’ve been on this forum, is that anytime someone  bumps into a neutral or supporter of another club , or they discusses us with a mate/work colleague/ neutral they also back up the posters opinion. Strange isn’t it? 

Why is it strange?

You seem obsessed in finding fault in what people say. 

What would you say is my opinion of Ralph? The chat I had with him was I think he is on very thin ice, about his stubbornness etc.

We had a chat about him thinking Arsenal have a better team than Man Utd and Leicester, he thinks they should be top 6, I disagreed totally.

Would you like to know what I had for my breakfast?

1 minute ago, SKD said:

But we’ve never consistently done it across a 38 game season. We’re a very streaky team. 

There are some significant under lying issues with the manager. I don’t see the potential. 

Fair enough, and I can see why you say that. I just see there is some and want to see what the window does for us.

I guess opinions are like arseholes 😉

I was discussing Ralph on the train home today. I said to the bloke across the aisle that I thought he’d done a pretty average job and was overrated by a lot of our fan base. The bloke I was talking to agreed, then the rest of the carriage gave me a round of applause. 

I had a bacon sandwich for breakfast. 

• Haha 2

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl