The Ralph Hasenhuttl Thread

49 minutes ago, miserableoldgit said:

I think that in some cases it might be....

I'm sure this is true in some cases so that people can push an agenda but thinking a player isn't very good and questioning why they are dropped when they are actually in a good run of form don't have to be mutually exclusive (I personally do rate Che).

On the other hand there are some people on here who act like until Ralph has a fully fit squad, is given a large transfer kitty and has brought in a full teams worth of players that we shouldn't be able to critique his team selections, tactics, substitutions and man management as if we can't take issues such as squad depth and fitness into account before judging him on his own merits as a coach/manager.

32 minutes ago, Kermitzasaint said:

How is he clearly a quality manager? Can you list his attributes please.

Go and look at his previous record. He also managed to get a bang average team to the top of the EPL albeit briefly. You don’t achieve what he has achieved in the game by being a poor coach.

2 hours ago, Kermitzasaint said:

How is he clearly a quality manager? Can you list his attributes please.

Did he fluke taking a newly promoted team to 2nd and 6th in the Bundesliga? Did he fluke having a superb 2020 with Saints that saw us pick up the 5th most in a large sample size of a year? Sure, 2021 has not been good, but lets not write him off based on 6 months of his career!

No matter who he brings in during this window I can see know improvement unless he changes his mindset, he's too stubborn.........another 9-0 drubbing by Man U, Leicester or any other club who fancies their chances awaits.

1 minute ago, harvey said:

No matter who he brings in during this window I can see know improvement unless he changes his mindset, he's too stubborn.........another 9-0 drubbing by Man U, Leicester or any other club who fancies their chances awaits.

He learned from those matches, hence the change in approach when we went down to 10 men vs Leicester City and got a point.

9 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

He learned from those matches, hence the change in approach when we went down to 10 men vs Leicester City and got a point.

Well he obviously didn't learn when we went on that horrendous loosing streak playing the same way week after week without changing tactics or trying to shake it up a bit........she semi against Leicester was disgusting.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
52 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Did he fluke taking a newly promoted team to 2nd and 6th in the Bundesliga? Did he fluke having a superb 2020 with Saints that saw us pick up the 5th most in a large sample size of a year? Sure, 2021 has not been good, but lets not write him off based on 6 months of his career!

Yeah...but...no but....

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

Holy fook! You really are clutching at straws !  The last two games summed up  our season under Ralph ....started well then ran out of puff and ideas! We are as predictable and as brittle as fook!  Untill that is addressed nothing will change .

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gammon cheeks said:

Holy fook! You really are clutching at straws !  The last two games summed up  our season under Ralph ....started well then ran out of puff and ideas! We are as predictable and as brittle as fook!  Untill that is addressed nothing will change .

Yep although I would have expressed it a little differently!

You will have to forgive me being a bit bored on a horrible wet day waiting for England v Scotland to arrive So whilst reading BBC website I read about Spurs search for a new manager and saw that Fonseca who i thought was about to be unveiled suddenly is not and the search goes on.

Is beyond the realms of possibility that they now turn their attention to Ralph??

Tottenham's managerial search

19 April -Jose Mourinho is sacked as Spurs boss after 17 months in charge

20 April - Former Tottenham midfielder Ryan Mason, 29, is promoted from club's academy to take over as interim manager until the end of season

27 April - Julian Nagelsmann, who had been linked with taking over at the London club, is announced as Bayern Munich's new boss for next season following his spell at RB Leipzig

30 April - There is speculation Ajax head coach Erik ten Hag could be in the running for the post but he signs a new contract with the Dutch club

23 May - Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers is another name mentioned as a possible Spurs target but he insists he will not be leaving the Foxes

27 May -Tottenham make contact with Paris St-Germain boss Mauricio Pochettino about the Argentine returning to the manage the Spurs side

28 May -PSG have no intention of letting Pochettino leave the club, according to football journalist Guillem Balague

2 June -Antonio Conte is a clear front runner for the Spurs job fresh from leaving Inter Milan after leading them to the Serie A title

4 June - Conte also led Chelsea to the top flight crown during his spell in charge at Stamford Bridge but talks with Spurs break down

15 June -Spurs are close to appointing former Roma boss Paulo Fonseca as their new manager

17 June - Tottenham's attempts to find a new boss take another twist as they end talks with Fonseca in a move thought to be linked to Gennaro Gattuso's unexpected Fiorentina exit

18 June -Gattuso is not being considered as a candidate after the prospect of him taking over prompted a fan protest, which was communicated to the club by the Tottenham Hotspur Supporter Trust. The search goes on...

5 minutes ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

You will have to forgive me being a bit bored on a horrible wet day waiting for England v Scotland to arrive So whilst reading BBC website I read about Spurs search for a new manager and saw that Fonseca who i thought was about to be unveiled suddenly is not and the search goes on.

Is beyond the realms of possibility that they now turn their attention to Ralph??

They aren't getting Ralph, they can't afford to buy him or anyone else out of their contracts. And if they could, they would go for Potter.

Not impossible, same with Potter. After such a clusterfuck you would imagine they need to get someone quickly now rather than faffing about agreeing compensation with anyone.

Last few they have gone after have been without a job.

Lets hope not anyway, would be very disruptive at this point so you would think the club would say no based solely on that, if there was an enquiry.

On 13/06/2021 at 18:56, gammon cheeks said:

yes perfect description. For example, perfectly describes the embarrassing loss away v WBA

9 hours ago, BARCELONASAINT said:

Tottenham's managerial search

19 April -Jose Mourinho is sacked as Spurs boss after 17 months in charge

20 April - Former Tottenham midfielder Ryan Mason, 29, is promoted from club's academy to take over as interim manager until the end of season

27 April - Julian Nagelsmann, who had been linked with taking over at the London club, is announced as Bayern Munich's new boss for next season following his spell at RB Leipzig

30 April - There is speculation Ajax head coach Erik ten Hag could be in the running for the post but he signs a new contract with the Dutch club

23 May - Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers is another name mentioned as a possible Spurs target but he insists he will not be leaving the Foxes

27 May -Tottenham make contact with Paris St-Germain boss Mauricio Pochettino about the Argentine returning to the manage the Spurs side

28 May -PSG have no intention of letting Pochettino leave the club, according to football journalist Guillem Balague

2 June -Antonio Conte is a clear front runner for the Spurs job fresh from leaving Inter Milan after leading them to the Serie A title

4 June - Conte also led Chelsea to the top flight crown during his spell in charge at Stamford Bridge but talks with Spurs break down

15 June -Spurs are close to appointing former Roma boss Paulo Fonseca as their new manager

17 June - Tottenham's attempts to find a new boss take another twist as they end talks with Fonseca in a move thought to be linked to Gennaro Gattuso's unexpected Fiorentina exit

18 June -Gattuso is not being considered as a candidate after the prospect of him taking over prompted a fan protest, which was communicated to the club by the Tottenham Hotspur Supporter Trust. The search goes on...

Please don't tease me !

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Have seen articles saying he'll join Flick in the national team set up, but wonder if RH would want to bring him back, or be able to.

I know it was Bayern offer but Wasn't there rumours he fell out with RH? weird that his departure pretty much coincided with our shit form 

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

I know it was Bayern offer but Wasn't there rumours he fell out with RH? weird that his departure pretty much coincided with our shit form 

Yes but in all likelihood the rumours may have just started on the mongboard. 

On 21/06/2021 at 08:06, Fitzhugh Fella said:

Not saying this is a fact but I was under the impression Ralph and he had fallen out when he left SMS

It wasn't that, it was to do with some other goings on that left saints and Rohl very little option but to part company. 

On 20/06/2021 at 16:44, CB Fry said:

Danny Röhl is back on the market people.

The answer to all our problems. All of them. Come back Danny and lead us to the Champions League.

True. Much like how Eric Black was the reason everything went wrong, Rohl was the reason everything went right. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Turkish said:

It wasn't that, it was to do with some other goings on that left saints and Rohl very little option but to part company. 

Fondling with someone he shouldn’t?