Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

1 minute ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Even if the squad  contained 100% of players signed by Ralph, the cult will probably point out that Ralph had no part  in cutting the grass or the paint colour in the dressing room.

Pony what’s this cult business have a word with yourself!

How old are you Ffs

Edited by Give it to Ron

I’m finally getting on the change train, Ralph out. Good first half but second half a repeat of the last 6 months. Obvious some of the players were tiring and no excuses today about injuries or weak bench, yet bottles making a sub and Benitez totally had his number.

If they won’t sack RH, Gary Cahill as player-coach and Ralph upstairs as DoF. I saw enough talent to stay up but needs organisation and pro activity.

As for starting McCarthy after the Bilbao horror show….

• Like 1

Nothing has changed with him.  He remains unable to respond to an opposition manager making changes (HT?) to the game.  He is all about 4222, if it works, great. Since xmas, it routinely does not.  he also has complete blind spots with players.

Our defence is woeful, but he has to set us up to be hard to beat.  Which never ever happens.  I remember when we were on a terrible run under Koeman (nothing like RH has served up) and Ronald went into the Everton home game with a different system, shook up the starting line up and we won.

I maintain that he will not be our manager come end of the season.

• Like 2

Nothings changed.

Never uses subs as an advantage and it’s plain to see that we needed to freshen it up before they scored the second.

I personally would of taken Walcott off after 60 minutes and replaced with Tella.

Armstrong on for Armstrong as he run himself into the ground, Walker-Peters for Tino (knackered) and I would of sent Redmond to Tesco’s to get some strawberries.

• Like 2

I'm not quite in the calling for his head category. There's so much positive as the first half showed. However it does my head in his stubborn refusal to make a sub until we are behind. AT 1-1 it was so obvious next goal was huge. Benitez makes a change. Ralph has a lie down and waits for Everton to score.

• Like 1

This is a manager problem. It's not a coincidence, the repeated second half collapses, the repeated inability to hold a lead, the repeated defensive disorganisation, the repeated lack of subs or tactical intervention when the game has turned against us.

It keeps happening - and it will continue to keep on happening - because the manager is a busted flush. He hasn't got a clue how to fix our shortcomings because they're his shortcomings too.

Nice bloke, but he's been drowning since the start of the year while his fan club has dreamed up multiple excuses as to why he bears no responsibility for the fortunes of his team.

• Like 5

We know he'll never learn so we either accept many more days like today or the board does something about it. Either replacing him or bringing in support.

Regarding the squad, even if he doesn't have his ideal players, a good manager adapts and finds a way to get the best out of what they have.

Edited by Disco Stu

17 hours ago, qwertyell said:

This is a manager problem. It's not a coincidence, the repeated second half collapses......

I posted this on the post match meltdown;

( By my reckoning - including today, looking at second half performances ).....

Since we beat Sheff Utd 3-0 on 13th December we have played 27 league games. In those games we have "won" the second half 5 times, and "lost" it 15 times. Of 8 games we had been leading at half time we went on to win 3, draw 2, and lose 3. Of 8 games we were drawing at half time we went on win 2, draw 3, and lose 3. We lost all 11 of the games where we were behind at half time.

Edited by badgerx16
  • Like 1

Same old issue, we have a manner wedded to a system that does not work, our two no tens very seldom offer much in a game, and a manager that gets out thought most games, other managers see what we are doing first half them change to combat this and he never respond till it's too late.

Get rid now.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

This is a manager problem. It's not a coincidence, the repeated second half collapses, the repeated inability to hold a lead, the repeated defensive disorganisation, the repeated lack of subs or tactical intervention when the game has turned against us.

It keeps happening - and it will continue to keep on happening - because the manager is a busted flush. He hasn't got a clue how to fix our shortcomings because they're his shortcomings too.

Nice bloke, but he's been drowning since the start of the year while his fan club has dreamed up multiple excuses as to why he bears no responsibility for the fortunes of his team.

Hard not to agree with this. I said earlier in the thread he will be gone before November. I hope I'm wrong.

10 minutes ago, Bob76 said:

Same old issue, we have a manner wedded to a system that does not work, our two no tens very seldom offer much in a game, and a manager that gets out thought most games, other managers see what we are doing first half them change to combat this and he never respond till it's too late.

Get rid now.

The system needs good players and we don't have enough of them. Results will force the board's hand eventually but the outcome looks inevitable based on this performance.

2 minutes ago, gordonToo said:

The system needs good players and we don't have enough of them. Results will force the board's hand eventually but the outcome looks inevitable based on this performance.

But every manager tries to play to the strengths of what they have at their disposal, yet Ralph tries to shoehorn players into a system that hasn’t worked at all for 6 months!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

But every manager tries to play to the strengths of what they have at their disposal, yet Ralph tries to shoehorn players into a system that hasn’t worked at all for 6 months!

So either he changes the system, or we buy the players needed, or he goes. 

Edited by gordonToo

Too stubborn and inflexible. Time to go Ralph!

He was found out in January and has not changed anything since. Piece of piss to play us. Teams know that they can conserve energy in the first half and then either:

a) apply some second half pressure and we’ll fold like a cheap suit

or

b) just wait for us to totally implode and gift them a goal or three

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gordonToo said:

So either he changes the system, or we buy the players needed, or he goes. 

Well, we have been purchasing new players, so I assume they are ones he wants. So if it still doesn’t work after a handful of games, or so, then he has to go, if he wont change system.

44 minutes ago, qwertyell said:

Time to make way for someone who can actually manage.

Ralph: "I did think about changing but the players found the way they were playing in the first half - but we needed a goal. I wanted to change ten mins after HT but we showed that we were back in the game. The wrong changes can make it worse."

He sounds confused, like he doesn’t know what to do, and cant do the basics at the moment. Pretty concerning.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Ralph: "I did think about changing but the players found the way they were playing in the first half - but we needed a goal. I wanted to change ten mins after HT but we showed that we were back in the game. The wrong changes can make it worse."

He sounds confused, like he doesn’t know what to do, and cant do the basics at the moment. Pretty concerning.

Clown. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, St.JonB said:

Think I've moved into the Ralph Out camp. His inability to change tactics or make positive subs is wearing very thin.  😡 

I think I’m getting closer to that camp as well. Strange team selections, usual ineffective subs and being out thought by the opposition manager.

Making the same mistakes time and time again is the definition of madness

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Really bizarre. What’s the point of deepening the squad if he doesn’t trust any of his subs to have a positive impact or his own ability to make a change.

• Like 3

His threatening words after West Ham last season appear to either indicate he's incapable of addressing the issue despite recognising it or the players aren't reacting to his coaching.  Either way it reflects badly on on him.  A reminder:

"We don't have to discuss it. This is definitely not Premier League [standard].

"We've conceded the second-most goals in the Premier League. We have to change massively, otherwise it'll be about relegation again [next season.]"

1 hour ago, qwertyell said:

The second half collapses are something that happened well before Ralph. Problem is he’s unable to change that.

The biggest problem is the club - it’s been stale and shite for years. The second biggest problem is the manager is unable to fix it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

Classic paralysis by analysis.

The game is a simple one and it’s often keeping momentum or disrupting another team’s momentum that wins games. He needs to be smarter and have courage in his convictions. Theo was ineffective so there’s no harm swapping him out, he can just quickly chat with Theo and just tell him he’s saving him for other games. Unleash a hungry Armstrong who’s probably a bit pissed off about not making the starting XI. It’s well worth the risk. 

No one is asking him to make a crazy three sub change but to realize we were getting overrun and perhaps adjust the shape to contain the other team and give a mis-firing player a break and get someone on with a point to prove.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

I think I’m getting closer to that camp as well. Strange team selections, usual ineffective subs and being out thought by the opposition manager.

Making the same mistakes time and time again is the definition of madness

I've said all along that he needs to prove himself in the first 10 or so games of this season. This was not a good start

4 minutes ago, OttawaSaint said:

Classic paralysis by analysis.

The game is a simple one and it’s often keeping momentum or disrupting another team’s momentum that wins games. He needs to be smarter and have courage in his convictions. Theo was ineffective so there’s no harm swapping him out, he can just quickly chat with Theo and just tell him he’s saving him for other games. Unleash a hungry Armstrong who’s probably a bit pissed off about not making the starting XI. It’s well worth the risk. 

No one is asking him to make a crazy three sub change but to realize we were getting overrun and perhaps adjust the shape to contain the other team and give a mis-firing player a break and get someone on with a point to prove.

Exactly. It’s hardly as if Benitez gambled by going extra attacking. He just did the basic and freshened a winger and that sub set up the winner.

12 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Really bizarre. What’s the point of deepening the squad if he doesn’t trust any of his subs to have a positive impact or his own ability to make a change.

I agree - last season I could understand as our bench was pretty pants, but this season it is his first 11 and his subs on the bench.

5 minutes ago, Billy the Kidd said:

I agree - last season I could understand as our bench was pretty pants, but this season it is his first 11 and his subs on the bench.

Loads of “interesting possibilities” too 

Tella, Armstrong (either in place of Romeu/JWP, or Walcott/Djenepo), or go nuts and put in KWP and move Timo further up the field. Heck he could have even made it one up top with 3 lines of 3 behind it to hit them on the break and win back the middle of the park.

Nah, he just sat on his hands and waited until we were losing.

Edited by OttawaSaint
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Ex Lion Tamer said:

I've said all along that he needs to prove himself in the first 10 or so games of this season. This was not a good start

The 2nd international break comes in November after 11 games when we will have played teams of all abilities, I can see this being the point when the board should be considering a managerial change if things are going badly. Looking at the 11 games I can see us only getting 5 to 7 points by then with games 9 and 10 at home to Burnley and away at Watford being key, get 0 or 1 point against these and things could be looking tricky for Ralph.

2 hours ago, Pilchards said:

Nothings changed.

Never uses subs as an advantage and it’s plain to see that we needed to freshen it up before they scored the second.

I personally would of taken Walcott off after 60 minutes and replaced with Tella.

Armstrong on for Armstrong as he run himself into the ground, Walker-Peters for Tino (knackered) and I would of sent Redmond to Tesco’s to get some strawberries.

Walcott should not have come out for the second half.

• Like 3

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl