Ralph Hasenhuttl

Edmonton Saint

1 hour ago, geoffnut said:

Come on Ralph its time to go. No other manager would have such a terrible year and still survive, so why you? Your tactics and team selection are at fault as well as the players letting you down. 

1) Why would he resign and forfeit millions of pounds in wages?

2) Why is a decent performance away to the European champions your tipping point?

Edited by Matthew Le God
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, verlaine1979 said:

Adam Armstrong scuffing one into the keepers hands from twenty yards might count as a shot on target, but that doesn't make it a chance.

We don't know how to create in open play. Neither Romeu nor JWP have the mobility or instinct to play box to box. As a result our strikers are literally feeding on scraps except for when we manage to win a turnover.

The problem is the system. We simply do not have the players to be successful with this formation now that the rest of the league is familiar with it. They know nothing will come through the middle, the ball will be cycled slowly out wide, and unless Redmond or Djenepo go past someone (which they rarely do) our only options will be a cross toward one of the shortest strikers in the league, a shot from distance from wide players not exactly known for their long range finishing, or recycling the ball back to our CBs for another try at the above.

In a nutshell.

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

1) Why would he resign and forfeit millions of pounds?

2) Why is a decent performance away to the European champions your tipping point?

1) he wouldnt

2) for me it’s about what Ralph could’ve done to improve on the result, playing a left back at left back would’ve been a start with KWP getting beaten for their second, so whilst Ralph in the media points to the red card, he could’ve been better again with selection

Edited by MAY-Z

22 minutes ago, MAY-Z said:

1) he wouldnt

2) for me it’s about what Ralph could’ve done to improve on the result, playing a left back at left back would’ve been a start with KWP getting beaten for their second, so whilst Ralph in the media points to the red card, he could’ve been better again with selection

KWP was one of our best players for the majority of the game. For the 2nd I'd put as much blame on the players on other side sitting back and letting Barkley have complete freedom to pick out the pass

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bstokesaint said:

Relegation foder loses 3-1 to potential title challengers after dodgy sending off = manager must go?

I don't think anyone expected us to win today but we did expect to have a win on the board seven games into a season, most people thought that win would come at wolves, we have shown glimpses of a decent team but not for a full 90 we were truly awful for the first 45 today improved after the break but the same old mistakes & lack of cutting edge cost us, 4 points from 21 continues our 2021 relegation form, I know it's early days and a lot can change but I just don't feel it will under Ralph, something is missing he's lost his mojo at this club.  If your on a continued run of bad form you would think that playing players in their correct position was the first thing to do 

Edited by Mr X

46 minutes ago, Saint_clark said:

Perraud has been brilliant at left back and has looked like striking up a good dynamic with Djenepo down the wing. So of course he drops them both for the last couple of games. 

Ffs. 

I think 'brilliant' is pushing it somewhat. He has been pretty good, but none of his performances have really stood out (yet).

I'd like to see Perraud back in the team at left back, Walker-Peters at right back and Livramento and Stuart Armstrong as the number 10s.

• Like 5

I think everything about this guy is wrong for us. He has a way of playing and clearly has no intention of changing it regardless of players available or situation we find ourselves in.

All the stats show we are in a tail spin. We can leave it another 10 games I personally don’t believe it will make any difference. We always pin hope on the ability to turn it around against “lesser” teams. I think our ability to stay up will be based on there being 3 worse teams. We will pick up points we will be filled with hope and we will struggle as will not be a team that will be able to build continuous good form. He talks about good performances not results. 

I almost reach the point where I don’t care anymore really sad.  I watch matches waiting for it to go wrong. It’s like ground hog day.  I have been a saints fan for many many years. I never expect much from them so not a fan expecting to win every week… but oh dear we have lost that real small team with teeth to go into games with hope. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, saint michael said:

I think everything about this guy is wrong for us. He has a way of playing and clearly has no intention of changing it regardless of players available or situation we find ourselves in.

That’s not entirely true… he changed away from his normal 4-2-2 recently and it made us more defensively solid, but we had even less attacking threat than normal. He has also changed styles, formations, tactics, etc in games multiple times. 

The problem for me is none of this has changed our fortune, and despite having multiple transfer windows to build his squad, he hasn’t found any consistency, and we still can’t score. 

I remain of the opinion this season, after a transfer window with no excuses available, is do or die for him. These next five games in particular should seal his fate. Produce consistently good performances, and get a good points haul, and I’ll believe in him. Fail to and he has to go, as there are no more excuses for him to hide behind. It’s all on him now. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chris cooper said:

Still picking redmond and Walcott and kwp at LB will surely bring us championship football next year .. and redmond will still be here cos no team will want him or his wages 🙄

Redmond had a good game today. Definitely one of our better performers - as was KWP.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, saint michael said:

Clearly untrue. Yes he has a 'favoured' 4-2-2-2 formation but we have played many different formations already this season. Heck, even today we started with a flat 4-4-2 which he then changed at half-time, to great effect, to a 4-3-2-1 (or you could say a 4-1-2-2-1 as Romeu was much deeper than Diallo/JWP, whilst Redders and Tella played behind Armstrong).  

1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

I think 'brilliant' is pushing it somewhat. He has been pretty good, but none of his performances have really stood out (yet).

I'd like to see Perraud back in the team at left back, Walker-Peters at right back and Livramento and Stuart Armstrong as the number 10s.

Put some excellent crosses into the box which our strikers have failed to get onto the end of. Been infinitely more effective on the left than KWP.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Minsk said:

Clearly untrue. Yes he has a 'favoured' 4-2-2-2 formation but we have played many different formations already this season. Heck, even today we started with a flat 4-4-2 which he then changed at half-time, to great effect, to a 4-3-2-1 (or you could say a 4-1-2-2-1 as Romeu was much deeper than Diallo/JWP, whilst Redders and Tella played behind Armstrong).  

Ways of playing does not only mean formations. Every bit of what he does is the same even though formations change.  Pressing, passing sideways and backwards, zonal marking….formations change possession opportunities. Changing formation does not mean Armstrong will score more. Changing formation does not effect our ability to defend corners……

to make it clear it has to be about his ability to upskill and coach individuals and create different outcomes  

Edited by saint michael
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Minsk said:

Redmond had a good game today. Definitely one of our better performers - as was KWP.

Redmond did play well - history tells us he struggles to back it up though.   KWP had a great game, though clearly not as comfortable at LB.   Those who are saying he played badly or can't play the role just aren't taking in what's happening on the pitch.   Still rather have TL and KWP on the right and give Perraud his chance.     Ralph's only major mistake today was starting Walcott.

• Like 3

We have played 6 out of the top 7 teams in the current table drawn 4 lost 3.

We have shown tactical flexibility across a few formations this season and ralphs in game subs have improved significantly on their timings.

We are struggling to score goals but i think that is down to both our inside forwards (missing armstrong a lot) and the midfielders getting forward quickly when the counter.

Think Diallo is actually the exact sort of midfielder we need to push on up the pitch on the counter with speed so will be interesting over the next few games.

I think our biggest issue by far is the assists goals we can expect from the inside forward positions per season.

Armstrong/Tella/Redmond/Walcott/Djnepo scored 11 goals in total last season - that is not enough - i feel this is the area ralph should work on the most in the next 2 weeks and how diallo links up with them moving forward. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Matthew Le God said:

Whilst I still struggle with people calling for a player who wasn't signed as a 10 and seemingly has never played there (he played RM for Chelsea, not as a 10)being played there, as our 10's have been so bad, I'm now in the let's give it a go camp. 

Armstrong on the left means another player not playing in his best position though. 

If we're playing Livramento further forward I'd like to see a 433 (whilst JWP is out) as below:

KWP Bed Sal Per

S Arm Rom Dial

Liv A Arm Djen

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bstokesaint said:

Relegation foder loses 3-1 to potential title challengers after dodgy sending off = manager must go?

Yeah because calls for him to go only started yesterday 🤪

Hes Teflon Ralph to some posters, nothing ever sticks to him, I see it was the officials fault AGAIN, and se were “unlucky”. He’s got to be the unluckiest manager in the history of the game.

The blokes a bluffer & a fraud and some of our supporters lap it up because he’s “The alpine Klopp”, and it gives them the opportunity to “see” things the rest of us can’t. 

If any English manager had his run of results they’d of been out weeks ago. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not a rabid Ralph Out sort of guy, but questions now have to be asked.

The squad looks stronger and we've played well in games and got nothing, which is okay for a couple, but if you're judged to be playing well and still dropping like a stone there is clearly a problem.

Yep, your season doesn't get decided by games against Chelsea and Man City, but it fucking does if you lose at home to teams as poor as Wolves.

There is an unsavoury hint of Claude about some of our play now, add in the lack of goalscoring threat and trouble is ahead.

Simple plan - we must win the next game.

No excuses about missing players or being unlucky or playing well - three points is all that counts.

Please Ralph, turn it round.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Hes Teflon Ralph to some posters, nothing ever sticks to him, I see it was the officials fault AGAIN, and se were “unlucky”. He’s got to be the unluckiest manager in the history of the game.

The blokes a bluffer & a fraud and some of our supporters lap it up because he’s “The alpine Klopp”, and it gives them the opportunity to “see” things the rest of us can’t. 

if Mark Hughes had this sort of..........oh

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Whenever the word 'fraud' is mentioned you know the poster's opinion is worthless.

• Confused 4

Had we brought someone better than Adam Armstrong, we would already have some wins under our belt.

We are playing some good football, performances are good. So i m not having a go at Ralph for that.

But spending 15 million on a player with so little stature and inability to impove himself in a game? That s a collective responsibility which includes Ralph.

17 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

Had we brought someone better than Adam Armstrong, we would already have some wins under our belt.

We are playing some good football, performances are good. So i m not having a go at Ralph for that.

But spending 15 million on a player with so little stature and inability to impove himself in a game? That s a collective responsibility which includes Ralph.

When you've only got £15m to spend you ain't signing a proven top level player. 

If you think we could have got better for £15m, who was that? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

I think we tried to be too clever with the Armstrong purchase. We were clearly looking at Armstrong being a replica of Ings, in terms of size and speed. Unfortunately for us, this is were the comparisons stop. 

24 minutes ago, stevy777_x said:

We create nothing at all, we could have Van Nistelrooy and he wouldn’t score 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, saint lard said:

Watford sack another gaffer. 
it must cost them a fortune in compensation each time and it’s so frequent. 
meanwhile we Labour on with bloody Ralph still. 

Absolutely mental. They're doing OK. 14th on their return to the PL is more than decent. 

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

We create nothing at all, we could have Van Nistelrooy and he wouldn’t score 

Correct. Some of those criticising Armstrong need to list the glaring chances he's missed because there aren't many and Ings doesn't convert every good chance he gets.

• Like 2

Three home games coming up after the break 

Leeds

Burnley

Watford 

We should be looking at 6 points from those, fail to register a win from those three then time's up for Ralph but I dont think Gao is too bothered. 

15 minutes ago, Badger said:

Weren't we linked with him before appointing Puel ? Think he was discounted in the media at least as being considered too old.

Yes we were, think it was Koeman actually.  He was on our secret list of managers we’ve tracked for ages honestly we have. The fact he was unemployed at the time had nothing to do with it

Edited by Turkish

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Leeds

Burnley

Watford 

We should be looking at 6 points from those, fail to register a win from those three then time's up for Ralph but I dont think Gao is too bothered. 

Do you think Gao would be bothered if we get relegated and he loses millions? I reckon he cares just as much as us, if not more

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Leeds

Burnley

Watford 

Watford is away.

3 hours ago, Lee On Solent Saint said:

Have you seen his record since Leicester? Pretty bang average. Four clubs since in the past four years. 

I like Ralph and I really, really want him to come good. It feels like he's grown somewhat this season, making some smart tactical changes and actually employing subs as a resource. But how long can it go on with exactly nothing in the way of results to back any of it up? It's the same shit game after game after game. There has been no poorer team in the league than us in 2021. Hand on heart, I can't say that given the chance to swap Ralph for Ranieri I wouldn't go for it.

• Like 1

• Lighthouse changed the title to Ralph Hasenhuttl