Villa v Saints build-up

Looking forward to another game where we don’t mark, don’t get anyone within 25 yards of Ings when he has the ball, another stellar oerformance from PEH where he consistently fails with 10 yard passes, and Redmond throwing his hands in the air after yet another f*ck up.

Think you forgot Bertrand strolling around 20 yards behind play

Anyone else think RB has been carrying an injury, to be fair to him?
I just don't think he's got the engine anymore to keep bombing up and down. He turns it on for the occasional game, but is down to jogging pace if he has to play three games in a week.

Whatever he did to his back that required a small operation a season or two ago seems to have marked the beginning of his tailing off.

Still our best defender, mind you.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Bertrand is a quality defender who is just going through the motions with us. My bigger worry is Grealish - given time and space he is the best player on the park - sadly we will probably give him both. Without him we are the better team.

McCarthy

Cedric Bednarek Stephens Bertrand

Romeu

Armstrong

Djenepo Boufal

Ings Redmond

Need to drop Hojbjerg and JWP and play Redmond up front behind/alongside Ings. Our problem Saturday was all about our MF not finding space/showing for the ball resulting in our defenders having no outlets and resorting to the sideways shuffle of old. Until Hojbjerg learns the basics of kicking the ball and passing to teammates he really should be nowhere near the team. Prowse just lacks any dynamism, together they mean no creativity in MF and no defensive capability either.

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head there...that setup could work really well. Ralph will not risk it though - inevitably we will lose therefore.

Bertrand is a quality defender who is just going through the motions with us. My bigger worry is Grealish - given time and space he is the best player on the park - sadly we will probably give him both. Without him we are the better team.

He hasn't been quality for about 3 years

May aswell no bother turning up.

Boufal and Djenepo out again for the umpteenth time.

We know how to invest in sicknotes.

No Boufal, No Djenepo, No Valery! Are these players really bothered? I am not there to see them each day but I don't believe they are that seriously injured that they cannot make an effort to be in the squad! I remember the days when players with problems always made a great effort to be there because the Club meant something to them.

No Boufal, No Djenepo, No Valery! Are these players really bothered? I am not there to see them each day but I don't believe they are that seriously injured that they cannot make an effort to be in the squad! I remember the days when players with problems always made a great effort to be there because the Club meant something to them.

His comments about Valery were strange. He said he wouldn’t play again this year but didn’t sound too sure when he was likely to be back. That is some virus.

His comments about Valery were strange. He said he wouldn’t play again this year but didn’t sound too sure when he was likely to be back. That is some virus.

That was the one that stood out to me as well. Some virus it must be, that rules him out for 3 to 4 weeks in total, and some 14 days to come.

I picked up a cold virus last week, but it doesn't take me 28 days to get over it. :mcinnes:

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head there...that setup could work really well. Ralph will not risk it though - inevitably we will lose therefore.

So, no chance of this happening, Djenepo and Boufal injured. We have so little depth in the squad under this current management that we have no choice but to continue to play our incompetents. Seriously everybody saying we need new CBs in January are deluded. The most critical need is 2 midfielders so that we can drop PEH and JWP and have some combat and creativity in the MF instead of headless and footless chickens.

That was the one that stood out to me as well. Some virus it must be, that rules him out for 3 to 4 weeks in total, and some 14 days to come.

I picked up a cold virus last week, but it doesn't take me 28 days to get over it. :mcinnes:

I had viral Meningitis last year, I was off work for about a month and still didn't feel right for a good few weeks after that. I'd imagine at elite athlete level something like that is going to have a big impact.

I had viral Meningitis last year, I was off work for about a month and still didn't feel right for a good few weeks after that. I'd imagine at elite athlete level something like that is going to have a big impact.

Mark Cavendish has taken over 2 years to recover from the Epstein-Barr virus. I assume that Valery hasn't simply caught a cold.

Mark Cavendish has taken over 2 years to recover from the Epstein-Barr virus. I assume that Valery hasn't simply caught a cold.

Valery was out on the **** last weekend in town! There’s nothing wrong with him, he’s had a falling out with RH after I presume the Leicester game.

So, no chance of this happening, Djenepo and Boufal injured. We have so little depth in the squad under this current management that we have no choice but to continue to play our incompetents. Seriously everybody saying we need new CBs in January are deluded. The most critical need is 2 midfielders so that we can drop PEH and JWP and have some combat and creativity in the MF instead of headless and footless chickens.

Drop jwp and Hojbjerg seriously ? I mean it’s pretty obvious now that these two are two of Ralph’s absolute golden boys isn’t it?.

He would rather play them at wingback then them be out of the side completely it’s just not gonna happen with Ralph in charge

Drop jwp and Hojbjerg seriously ? I mean it’s pretty obvious now that these two are two of Ralph’s absolute golden boys isn’t it?.

He would rather play them at wingback then them be out of the side completely it’s just not gonna happen with Ralph in charge

Yes, but it was my suggestion not Ralph's. They showed last weekend how they can be the main problem we have. PEH has become a joke, total headless chicken. JWP, is a liability in open play. We need to be strengthening in this area in Jan, but it won't happen. And now our only real creativity is injured. We have become a shambles.

With the new Injuries I'd go with thisd15ae9b58a2624b71fe2454932fa3c9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yep this for me too.

It still surprises me we aren’t playing Yoshida but with his contract up at the end of the season I guess we won’t be seeing much more of him. Ralph seems intent on nurturing the Bednarek/Stephens partnership.

Yes, but it was my suggestion not Ralph's. They showed last weekend how they can be the main problem we have. PEH has become a joke, total headless chicken. JWP, is a liability in open play. We need to be strengthening in this area in Jan, but it won't happen. And now our only real creativity is injured. We have become a shambles.

Yeah sorry if that came off a bit harsh or anything I completely agree with you btw but just have come to the stage of acceptance they will be the first names on the sheet :)

Yeah sorry if that came off a bit harsh or anything I completely agree with you btw but just have come to the stage of acceptance they will be the first names on the sheet :)

Yes, but for all this talk of favourites RH is not exactly suffering from too many alternative choices, is he? Armstrong is now a possibility after injury and a slow start to adjusting to the pace of this league, but we don't have much in the way of decent backups in any position. I'm hoping Danso may come good as he at least has a bit of the pace and athleticism we generally lack. Adams definitely needs another chance and a goal to go in of his knee or somewhere!

I quite like Dazza's lineup. Perhaps Redmond playing centrally would get him more involved, and a bit of movement from the front two would make it easier for all involved. In the run up to Christmas it'll do me good not to have a drink on Saturday, nor do I have much when I'm down and deflated, so I suspect my liver is safe this weekend..

Valery was out on the **** last weekend in town! There’s nothing wrong with him, he’s had a falling out with RH after I presume the Leicester game.

Ralph seems to have a fundamental issue with favourites and failings out with certain players! This cannot be conducive to success....

We have a small squad and if you have favourites and continually pick them regardless of form you will deservedly really **** off players who should be given a chance...

Ralph is too pug headed to Manage it appears...

Ralph seems to have a fundamental issue with favourites and failings out with certain players! This cannot be conducive to success....

We have a small squad and if you have favourites and continually pick them regardless of form you will deservedly really **** off players who should be given a chance...

Ralph is too pug headed to Manage it appears...

Mourinho and guardiola are both notorious for having favourites and falling out with certain players are they too pug headed??

Ralph's problem is that his favourites are some of the weakest players in the team - his blindness to this is what concerns me

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Mourinho and guardiola are both notorious for having favourites and falling out with certain players are they too pug headed??

Ralph's problem is that his favourites are some of the weakest players in the team - his blindness to this is what concerns me

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

This is kind of how I feel. I’m not even suggesting that his favs like jwp Hojbjerg and redmond can’t be useful players for us, they can but I don’t quite see them as undroppable under any circumstances players that Ralph does

it is disciplinary. If a player is unprofessional then he needs to be taught a lesson.

I'll all for discipline, but what if he's the best RB at the club, and leaving him out causes us to drop further points? The phrase 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' comes to mind. There are other punishments for a misdemenour eg financial (fine), public service, etc

Telling him he won't play any further games until January says to him "you may as well go out on the town every night because you won't be called upon for a game". We need our best players available.

We love hearing from Ralph about the forthcoming returns and absences .... and so does the opposition manager, I'm sure.

I feel RH should be more closed on availability of players. I'd rather the oppo was caught out by a change of personnel/formation when the teamsheet is announced than knowing days in advance.

I'm not sure they really care that much which XI players we put out, it's not as though we have a star studded squad and they are concerned we might start with Aguero and bring Messi off the bench at 60 mins!

This Boufal situation is ridiculous. Stubbed his toe about a month ago and still can’t train FFS. Pull the other one.

Man I would be furious if your right and we end up selling or loaning our boufal in January.. does seem a bit weird though as the first game when he came on after apparently being injured when he got on he was absolutely taking the p*ss with some of his skills and didn’t look in the slightest bit injured

But our main problem is when we do get the ball, we push forward to halfway, then stop, come back, knock it about at the back, give it to the 'keeper, etc - gives opposition time to set up defence and then we are stuffed. We need to keep attacking, not stop - someone should drive through (like Son v Burnley even) and others go with the runner to support. As soon as we stop, we may as well give them the ball back, cos we will lose it eventually. And a back 4 does not allow Bertrand to overlap and put in his great crosses - maybe we need 5-3-2 with Romeu back in the middle of the 3.

I recall the entire stadium erupting into booing when Hojberg did this with about 10 minutes left in the West Ham game. Yards of open space to move forward into on the half turn, but never even considered it. 25 yard back pass to a CB preferred. Needs benching.