Blasphemy and Duck Rape

Yorkshire Saint

Why should I have to look for it to avoid hell? Millions of people throughout human history have not been exposed to the Christian myths. It didn't reach Australia for example until the 1780s.

Why do you think you have to avoid hell? What do you think happens when someone dies?

Why do you think you have to avoid hell?

It is the worst of the Christian options, so if the myths were true I'd want to avoid it. But I also wouldn't like being in heaven and worshipping the deity described in the Bible as he is a horrific character, but at least it beats being tortured for eternity. Luckily there is no good evidence for any of it.

What do you think happens when someone dies?

That's it, the end... worm food

That’s your argument?

That was one example I could pick from thousands of poor design from what is claimed to be an 'intelligent creator'.

If there’s no god how come you being a bag of chemical reactions can critique something objectively?

Why is a God required to critique something? The God of the Bible made a commandment that disobedient children should be killed. Do you think that I am able to critique that as being an abhorrent moral code to live by?

That was one example I could pick from thousands of poor design from what is claimed to be an 'intelligent creator'.

Why is a God required to critique something? The God of the Bible made a commandment that disobedient children should be killed. Do you think that I am able to critique that as being an abhorrent moral code to live by?

I think you are getting a little above yourself.

You have no context to know if the eye is flawed.

No he didn’t!!!! What does commandment #5 say???? Thou shalt not murder!

Therefore, as I’ve pointed out already, to which you seem to want to avoid and move the goalposts to, the WHOLE thing needs to be taken in context, not just the flawed sound bite you keep quoting!

I think you are getting a little above yourself.

You have no context to know if the eye is flawed.

1) How am I getting above myself with those answers?

2) You didn't answer my two questions

3) 'Context to know if the eye is flawed' - what context? :rolleyes: I said the human eye if designed is poor because the 'wiring' is blocking some of the the light entering, an intelligent designer would wire it the other way round and it would be more effiecent and give us better sight. The reason why it is as it is, is due to the evolution of the eye from a flat layer of light sensitive cells which other time developed into a curve and finally a ball in our ancestors.

No he didn’t!!!! What does commandment #5 say???? Thou shalt not murder!

Therefore, as I’ve pointed out already, to which you seem to want to avoid and move the goalposts to, the WHOLE thing needs to be taken in context, not just the flawed sound bite you keep quoting!

Exodus 21

“Whoever curses his father or his mother shall be put to death."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus+21%3A17&version=ESV

I'd love to see how you spin that to mean something else. What possible context makes that an acceptable moral code!!!? :mcinnes:

I think... therefore I am

".......

Of course you are my bright little star,

I've miles

And miles

Of files

Pretty files of your forefather's fruit

And now to suit our

Great computer,

You're magnetic ink"

( In the Beginning - The Moody Blues )

Edited by badgerx16

1) How am I getting above myself with those answers?

2) You didn't answer my two questions

3) 'Context to know if the eye is flawed' - what context? :rolleyes: I said the human eye if designed is poor because the 'wiring' is blocking some of the the light entering, an intelligent designer would wire it the other way round and it would be more effiecent and give us better sight. The reason why it is as it is, is due to the evolution of the eye from a flat layer of light sensitive cells which other time developed into a curve and finally a ball in our ancestors.

Can you give me evidence if when an amoeba decided it would have an optic nerve? Something within 83 years of it happening please

Ok Matthew, here goes rabbit hole #431

The reason things like eyes have flaws in some people, and loved 1’s (including my own) get cancer or dementia is because sin entered the world when eve dropped a clanger and chowed down on the apple.

Which again, comes down to God being fair and giving us free will. AGAIN, how cruel would it be to simply impose his will on us?

Exodus 21

I'd love to see how you spin that to mean something else. What possible context makes that an acceptable moral code!!!? :mcinnes:

I’m not spinning anything, does commandment 5 say thou shalt not kill, yes or no?

I’m not spinning anything, does commandment 5 say thou shalt not kill, yes or no?

1) So do you agree that the commandment you mention directly contradicts another part of the book where it says in Exodus that if you curse at your mother or father you should be killed? YES/NO

2) Do you think there are no times you can kill and it be acceptable? Were those on London Bridge in the wrong to kill the terrorist. Because if we abide by God's black and white rule of 'do not kill' then the police were wrong to shoot him even though he was a threat to others. YES/NO

1) So do you agree that the commandment you mention directly contradicts another part of the book where it says in Exodus that if you curse at your mother or father you should be killed? YES/NO

2) Do you think there are no times you can kill and it be acceptable? Were those on London Bridge in the wrong to kill the terrorist. Because if we abide by God's black and white rule of 'do not kill' then the police were wrong to shoot him even though he was a threat to others. YES/NO

Again so thick. Your pedant nature claiming it to be back and white is no one else’s view.

Jesus may have inadvertently trodden on a bug at some point but think he may have been forgiven

You like evidence. You seem to think that you could design a better eye which is comical btw.

The wiring is the wrong way round, the light has to pass through the wiring and so is not efficient.

It is possible to have better eyes, eagles and hawks for example have far better eyesight than humans.

I am interested in how the eye evolved. You surely have evidence?

Yes there is a wealth of evidence. Read a biology book!

Again so thick. Your pedant nature claiming it to be back and white is no one else’s view.

Jesus may have inadvertently trodden on a bug at some point but think he may have been forgiven

Where in the list of laws and commandments does it say things are up for interpretation? They are supposed to be commandements of law by God, that is about as black and white as you can get!

So should the commandment be "thou shalt not kill unless in certain circumstances, when if thou does kill, then it can sometimes be OK and be forgiven, but sometimes be very, very bad, there is no rhyme or reason or even a scale designed to say when it's good or bad, it's just someone's interpretation that sometimes counts"?

The wiring is the wrong way round, the light has to pass through the wiring and so is not efficient.

It is possible to have better eyes, eagles and hawks for example have far better eyesight than humans.

Yes there is a wealth of evidence. Read a biology book!

Why do you think perfection was the plan. Why shouldn’t hawks have better eyes? You may have noticed humans can’t fly either. Would you have given us wings as well as your much better quality eye?

Maybe taller? Be able to transform into cars? Lots of possibilities for you.

The reason things like eyes have flaws in some people, and loved 1’s (including my own) get cancer or dementia is because sin entered the world when eve dropped a clanger and chowed down on the apple.

Which again, comes down to God being fair and giving us free will. AGAIN, how cruel would it be to simply impose his will on us?

How is making someone blind or otherwise disabled the act of a God who is fair and grants us free will ? Unless, like Glen Hoddle, you believe they are being punished for transgressions in an earlier incarnation ?

So should the commandment be "thou shalt not kill unless in certain circumstances, when if thou does kill, then it can sometimes be OK and be forgiven, but sometimes be very, very bad, there is no rhyme or reason or even a scale designed to say when it's good or bad, it's just someone's interpretation that sometimes counts"?

Have you ever beared false witness to your missus’s hairdo? God goes mental when people do that!

Why do you think perfection was the plan. Why shouldn’t hawks have better eyes? You may have noticed humans can’t fly either. Would you have given us wings as well as your much better quality eye?

Maybe taller? Be able to transform into cars? Lots of possibilities for you.

It is claimed to be 'intelligent design', an intelligent designer wouldn't wire things back to front in his chosen species. I also am short sighted, so my eyes and that of millions of others are not remotely well designed. If a God did design human eyes he is incompetent and you are scrambling around trying to make excuses.

You ignored my previous rebuttal to the idea of free will and are now talking about it again. So I'll try again...

1) Is God all knowing and thus knows the future? YES/NO

2) Did God create everything YES/NO

If the answer to both those questions is yes then it is logically impossible for humans to have free will. You would be saying that God created everything and knows what him creating things that way would turn out like in the future. If he knows that from the beginning when creating the systems even before you are born then you have no choice or free will as God created you and knows that creating you in that way will lead you to make every choice you make, thus he has influenced it and you aren't making choices as he predetermined it during creation.

Exodus 21

The text you've been quoting I've just looked at, and it refers to laws that have been set, yes? I'm not really asking you because it states it at the top of Exodus 21

Therefore in that time period, if you break certain laws then death is the outcome, therefore it's not murder, yes?

The same as countries like the USA and even Japan kill people. If you don't like the punishment, don't do the crime.

It is claimed to be 'intelligent design', an intelligent designer wouldn't wire things back to front in his chosen species. I also am short sighted, so my eyes and that of millions of others are not remotely well designed. If a God did design human eyes he is incompetent and you are scrambling around trying to make excuses.

you shorted sighted fckers are lucky to be alive.

Survival of the fittest. Us with the good sight procreate and let the inferior beings whither and get eaten

The text you've been quoting I've just looked at, and it refers to laws that have been set, yes? I'm not really asking you because it states it at the top of Exodus 21

Therefore in that time period, if you break certain laws then death is the outcome, therefore it's not murder, yes?

The same as countries like the USA and even Japan kill people. If you don't like the punishment, don't do the crime.

Have you really been brainwashed so much that you think death is an acceptable punishment for cursing your mother and father? :mcinnes:

This is not supposed to be a human created law, this law is supposed to have come from your God!

Doesn't the commandment state "thou shalt not kill" - isn't the end result of "killing", "death"?

You ignored my previous rebuttal to the idea of free will and are now talking about it again. So I'll try again...

1) Is God all knowing and thus knows the future? YES/NO

2) Did God create everything YES/NO

If the answer to both those questions is yes then it is logically impossible for humans to have free will. You would be saying that God created everything and knows what him creating things that way would turn out like in the future. If he knows that from the beginning when creating the systems even before you are born then you have no choice or free will as God created you and knows that creating you in that way will lead you to make every choice you make, thus he has influenced it and you aren't making choices as he predetermined it during creation.

I'm sorry but that makes absolutely no sense what so ever...

Him creating and knowing everything is completely and utterly separate from the fairness he gave us with free will. You can decide to accept him and have eternal life or reject him and not have it.

And because you love them sooo much here are a few :mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes: for you

Him creating and knowing everything is completely and utterly separate from the fairness he gave us with free will. You can decide to accept him and have eternal life or reject him and not have it.

Just because you don't understand it, doesn't make it not true.

I'll try again...

If God created everything whilst at the same time knowing that if he created things in that way exactly how the future would unfold then there is no free will because the creation of everything before you were born could only end up in the way God knew it would end up. Therefore it is logically impossible for free will to exist as it was pre-determined at the point of creation with God knowing how it would unfold.

No, that's the (typically screwed up) catholic version

Here's the proper 1 https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/topics/ten-commandments-list

1) How have you determined the Catholics are wrong and you are right?

2) Do you think that list is the best possible 10 laws God could make?

3) Do you not think a law against rape, slavery and genocide are more deserving than coveting thy neighbours Ox?

4) Instead the God of the Bible instructs his favourite tribe to commit genocide, rape and gives instructions for who they can keep as slaves, how much they can sell the slaves for and how they can punish their slaves!

And because you love them sooo much here are a few :mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes: for you

So if you're from somewhere where they don't teach your god, it's no heaven for you?

Sounds fair.

So it's fair that some kids get cancer because Eve ate an apple once?

That's fairer than not creating cancer?

I assume you're on a wind-up and just enjoying watching MLG-bot because no one can seriously be that stupid or cruel.

So it's fair that some kids get cancer because Eve ate an apple once?

That's fairer than not creating cancer?

I assume you're on a wind-up and just enjoying watching MLG-bot because no one can seriously be that stupid or cruel.

The daft thing about that story is it is not much of a test. If God is all knowing then before he gave Adam and Eve the test he knew they would fail it, so the test wasn't fair as the outcome was already known.

Nothing about any religion stands rational scrutiny. The test is we have to believe what we are told despite everything. Only then are we accepted by whatever God we decide is the one. It’s a bit silly really isn’t it? If I was an all powerful diety I wouldn’t want to be worshipped by a bunch of idiots who insisted on believing in me despite overwhelming evidence that I do not exist.

The daft thing about that story is it is not much of a test. If God is all knowing then before he gave Adam and Eve the test he knew they would fail it, so the test wasn't fair as the outcome was already known.

You need to wake up to fact that god is way smarter than you so stop trying to second guess him

You haven’t even created a sub standard eye let alone a planet, pizza, sex....

Nothing about any religion stands rational scrutiny. The test is we have to believe what we are told despite everything. Only then are we accepted by whatever God we decide is the one. It’s a bit silly really isn’t it? If I was an all powerful diety I wouldn’t want to be worshipped by a bunch of idiots who insisted on believing in me despite overwhelming evidence that I do not exist.

Such arrogance SOG

Go on?

• Lighthouse changed the title to Blasphemy and Duck Rape