Batman

Summer 2020 transfer business

4 minutes ago, LeG said:

Wow...its not just Salisu!!

If we have two in before August it's really impressive from the board (obviously this dips if they turn out to be dross!).

33 minutes ago, LeG said:

Should we be getting excited? If not, I'm sorry...but I AM getting excited!

7 minutes ago, trousers said:

Bale? :)

I've heard he was found googling Stoneham golf course during a recent match whilst on the subs bench, which is partly why Zidane left him unused.

Make of that what you will... 😉

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, LeG said:

@LeG... Does the "wow" simply relate to the fact that it's two players we're on the cusp of signing or is the "wow" a reflection of how good the as yet unnamed other signing is? #giveusaclue

Edited by trousers

20 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

I'm hoping it's a CM, Someone who is going to dominate, Perhaps Loftus Cheek could be good here.

When I think of 'dominant' midfielders Loftus Cheek doesn't spring to mind.

7 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Definitely more 'dominant' than what we currently have in CM

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, woodsaint1 said:

Definitely more 'dominant' than what we currently have in CM

Not really, as Hojbjerg and Ward-Prowse are among the top PL ball winning central midfielders stats wise. Romeu also isn't one to hide from a tackle.

Edited by Matthew Le God

1 hour ago, LeG said:

Position? Nationality? League?

16 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

Not really, as Hojbjerg and Ward-Prowse are among the top PL ball winning central midfielders stats wise. Romeu also isn't one to hide from a tackle.

If we had the chance to sign Loftus Cheek i would take him no doubt. Hes very strong in possession, good in the air and decent going forward.  Interception or ball winning numbers doesnt equate to being dominant, it could just mean that you're spending more time behind the ball - hence why Bournemouth have 3 players in the top 16. Same as Brighton. 

I’d say RLC is a pretty dominant CM. Whether he’d fit into the high pressing, high energy system is another question, would I take him? Absolutely, 

16 minutes ago, Cartman said:

Name?

39 minutes ago, Matthew Le God said:

I don't understand why you keep on about Hojbjerg not being a good tackler and ball winner.  The stats you refer to are pretty clear that he is.

23 minutes ago, Cartman said:

I’m guessing right back, English, premier league. Double-barrelled surname too. 😉

1 minute ago, Strangely Brown said:

KWP perhaps?

Lol beat me to it

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I’m guessing right back, English, premier league. Double-barrelled surname too. 😉

Wan-Bissaka! No? Alexander-Arnold!

Edited by Cartman

3 minutes ago, Cartman said:

Wan-Bissaka! No? Alexander-Arnold!

Alexander-Arnold is so scouse I’m not sure he counts as English. Can’t understand a word he says.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Matthew Le God said:

If i were to throw a name out there who would fit Saints check boxes, I wonder if we'd try to get in Ronaldo Vieira as a replacement for PEH.

Played in the England unders set-up so Crocker would know him. 22, Has potential to further increase in value. Has had regular game time for Sampdoria, and Leeds before that.  

Edited by Nolan

3 minutes ago, Nolan said:

If i were to throw a name out there who would fit Saints check boxes, I wonder if we'd try to get in Ronaldo Vieira as a replacement for PEH.

Played in the England unders set-up so Crocker would know him. 22, Has potential to further increase in value. Has had regular game time for Sampdoria, and Leeds before that.  

Koopmeiners for me.

https://footballbh.net/2020/03/21/teun-koopmeiners-2019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics/

https://footballbh.net/2020/05/07/eredivisie-2019-20-teun-koopmeiners-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics/

1 hour ago, revolution saint said:

I don't understand why you keep on about Hojbjerg not being a good tackler and ball winner.  The stats you refer to are pretty clear that he is.

I think you need to re-read my posts. They say the opposite to what you think they say.

1 minute ago, Matthew Le God said:

I think you need to re-read my posts. They say the opposite to what you think they say.

Honestly, I really don't understand why you keep insisting that Hojberg is not a ball winning midfielder  - he's one of the best in the league!  I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but quoting stats that back the very thing you're arguing against is just bizarre!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Honestly, I really don't understand why you keep insisting that Hojberg is not a ball winning midfielder  - he's one of the best in the league!  I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but quoting stats that back the very thing you're arguing against is just bizarre!

🙄🤔

Did you actually read my post? 

Edited by Matthew Le God

8 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

So, can anyone advise?

Pretty spot on mate, our only real ITK now days!

14 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Pretty spot on mate, our only real ITK now days!

1 minute ago, Earthworm Jim said:

2 x CB? Huh... 

There Is Another - Meming Wiki

LeG, can you at least let us know the timeframe of when we can expect announcements. Before the last game, in the week after it or beyond? Surely they want to announce them sooner and get some more season ticket sales or shirts with names on the back if one is really good.

To be fair. If rumours are true we'll be down Yoshi, Danso and Vestergaard, compared to the start of last season.

We'll need two...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

hmm....

Assuming he gets ITK_Watch verified, signing 2x centre-backs probably means Vest is def off?

Yoshida gone.  Danso going. 

Other CB's we've been linked with:

Jean-Clair Todibo / Axel Disasi / Dael Fry / Evan N'Dicka / Omar Colley

Edited by SuperSAINT

Probably one of the new Academy scholars.

As if we would sign Salisu and another CB of the likes mentioned above. We don't need 4 who all expect to be starting. Plus we still have Vestergaard currently.

Our 4th CB to replace Danso will be someone cheap, young and who knows they won't play a lot, not a £15m signing.

New contract for Bertrand and KWP signing  a permanent contract. 
SFC Twitter May have just given a clue?

Sims isn’t good enough IMO. He had a good game against Wolves last season - then kind of threw his chance away. When offered on loan - couldn’t even get champo clubs interested and had to go to USA. Let him go and play somewhere and build a career for himself. 

if Boufal goes, then I guess we just replace with Tella. However if the rumours of Ollie Watkins having an £18m non-promo release clause are true (and assuming Brentford bottle the play-offs) I would like us to try and scrape that together. We can loan out Obafemi to make room. Watkins can play through the middle or wide.

2 minutes ago, saint lard said:

I think it’s pretty obvious on that one.

padlock gif plus saying right and left back sorted.

3 minutes ago, saint lard said:

That would be a fantastic start.

13 minutes ago, saint lard said:

They knew how that would be taken so must be something in it. That really would be a great way to head into the transfer window. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Assuming he gets ITK_Watch verified, signing 2x centre-backs probably means Vest is def off?

Yoshida gone.  Danso going. 

Other CB's we've been linked with:

Jean-Clair Todibo / Axel Disasi / Dael Fry / Evan N'Dicka / Omar Colley

And Malang Sarr (out of contract and available).

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11977794/southampton-keen-on-eintracht-frankfurts-evan-ndicka

Edited by beavis17