Batman

Summer 2020 transfer business

32 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

...and it *may* not just be transfer news. 

Les Reed returns to announce another new Fraser Forster contract :D 

2 minutes ago, Toadhall Saint said:

Hmm all depends on what the yanks plans are for the club, how they intend to finance the purchase etc etc. Agree to a point on Gao but unless he is gong to invest more than platitudes then he needs to go if we are going to move forward as a club.

I agree. I guess my point is be careful what you wish for. We've actually built quite a good coaching team and got some decent players. Gao could have been more like Allam at Hull or Vincent tan or something like that. He's not someone I really want as an owner but at least he's generally left things alone. 

36 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Assuming "May" is a clue?

2 minutes ago, Katalinic said:

Brian May is buying us? We are the champions ...

Theresa May is going to be announced as the new tea lady. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Katalinic said:

Theresa May is taking over the club and has a plan to get us back into Europe.  Can't wait to see her dancing and celebrating when we win the Champions League.

39 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Don't see the point of announcing anything on match day when the stadium is empty. 

MSD? TheIr Sunderland FPP Ltd company is being dissolved. All seems rather odd.

Posted (edited)

Any truth in the rumour that the ground is going to be renamed The Dell?

Edited by Wade Garrett

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Katalinic said:

This story was released by Sky Sports in May. 2 + 2 = 5

An American-based company has held talks to buy Gao Jisheng's majority share of Southampton, but the coronavirus pandemic has held up discussions.

The group has shown interest in purchasing the Chinese businessman's 80 per cent controlling stake, which he put up for sale earlier this year.

They have been described to Sky Sports News as the only serious player in a potential takeover, following interest from more than two parties.

However, it is understood those talks have been disrupted by the coronavirus pandemic and a deal is not close to being agreed.

Previous owner Katharina Liebherr, who sits on the board and retains a 20 per cent stake, is said to have been actively involved in discussions

Edited by Saint Scott

I appreciate that A) this could be exciting news B) it's certain,y of interest and C) the following is pedantic, but ...

isnt this a transfer thread, and aren't rumours about ownership better elsewhere? Of course ownership impacts transfer funds, but it really isn't the right place for this discussion IMHO 

Couldn't the other news just relate to a new contract? Bertrands new contract for e.g? (announced before the game)

1 hour ago, Earthworm Jim said:

I bloody love a teasing snippet!

Where are the David Vine numerouslogist-types when you need them?

..... "May has 3 letters, and '3May' in the ancient Gragian dialect meant 'rising, or increasingly powerful' it was often associated with tidal forces; 2 x * is a double-star-lobe symbol to the wise mystics of Babylon (who also invented the offside rule - see a connection yet?) The conclusion is plain for all to see: Our star is rising powerfully, and a mysterious leader with lobes will soon appear from the sea."  Exciting times.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I appreciate that A) this could be exciting news B) it's certain,y of interest and C) the following is pedantic, but ...

isnt this a transfer thread, and aren't rumours about ownership better elsewhere? Of course ownership impacts transfer funds, but it really isn't the right place for this discussion IMHO 

D) Jim's vague response didn't clarify if it's transfer, contract or takeover news. It could be in the right thread and equally it *may* not. 

Edited by Saint Scott

5 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Couldn't the other news just relate to a new contract? Bertrands new contract for e.g? (announced before the game)

My thoughts too. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I agree. I guess my point is be careful what you wish for. We've actually built quite a good coaching team and got some decent players. Gao could have been more like Allam at Hull or Vincent tan or something like that. He's not someone I really want as an owner but at least he's generally left things alone. 

Agreed

K Billy hasn't posted in a while, 

I go back to f)

Screenshot_2020-07-10-19-17-55-54_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.png

It's the official release of the architect's drawings of the multi-million pound dockside development that Gao has been planning for Southampton all along.

So excited to see them at long last 😍🤩😍🤩😍🤩😍🤩👍👍👍👍👍💰💰💰💰💰💲💲💲💲 

7 minutes ago, Nolan said:

I go back to f)

I must admit I'm f 'n worried..

13 minutes ago, Nolan said:

I go back to f)

Screenshot_2020-07-10-19-17-55-54_df198e732186825c8df26e3c5a10d7cd.png

Am I correct in thinking ‘buying the club through loans put on the club’ isn’t great? 

Id rather have American Money than Chinese Money in the current climate.

1 minute ago, SuperSAINT said:

Am I correct in thinking ‘buying the club through loans put on the club’ isn’t great? 

Only if the loans are from another company. 

2 hours ago, Saint Billy said:

Confused, how do you buy a club through loans? 

Take out a loan large enough to purchase the club, purchase the club with loan, transfer ownership of loan from yourself to the club.  Club now pays for your purchase.  Simples.

14 minutes ago, Killers Knee said:

Take out a loan large enough to purchase the club, purchase the club with loan, transfer ownership of loan from yourself to the club.  Club now pays for your purchase.  Simples.

Is that approach ultimately risk free for the purchaser? If yes, then is there any reason why I couldn't/shouldn't buy a football club myself via this method?

13 minutes ago, Killers Knee said:

Thanks but what's confusing me is that recently we have been loaned funds by an American company but I understood it to be just a loan and nothing to do with a purchase. 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, trousers said:

Is that approach ultimately risk free for the purchaser? If yes, then is there any reason why I couldn't/shouldn't buy a football club myself via this method?

It's like when you see those stories on the news about Debenhams PLC or whoever has been bought for £1. I always think "well, I've got a pound, too. Why can't I have it?".

Edited by CB Fry

18 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

It's like when you see those stories on the news about Debenhams PLC or whoever has been bought for £1. I always think "well, I've got a pound, too. Why can't I have it?".

When they buy a company for a pound, they also take on all that company's debts.

29 minutes ago, Nolan said:

When they buy a company for a pound, they also take on all that company's debts.

I'm delighted you enjoyed my humorous observation.

With the news that China banned PL football in their country being broadcasted there was talk of clubs with Chinese owners being affected. Assume this got covered elsewhere on here though. Imagine it's just a contract renewal. Nothing big or major with ownership breaks that quickly.

I'm crap at Spotting sarcasm,

1 minute ago, CB Fry said:

I'm delighted you enjoyed my humorous observation.

Can you use, like, italics for sarcasm or something 😁

4 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Salisu 

2nd CB 😁

Vestegaard 🚪

KWP 💵

Bertrand 👍

Interesting...would be nice. Let’s see. 

14 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Salisu 

2nd CB 😁

Vestegaard 🚪

KWP 💵

Bertrand 👍

Hojbjerg 💵

This is even more interesting than old school winky smilies.

20 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Salisu 

2nd CB 😁

Vestegaard 🚪

KWP 💵

Bertrand 👍

Hojbjerg 💵

If this happens it would be amazing. You've got me all excited now. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

I'm guessing we getting a bargain in kwp and a good fee for PEH?

Very unlikely!  Imagine it means all depends on agreeing money.

Edited by SuperSAINT

37 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Salisu 

2nd CB 😁

Vestegaard 🚪

KWP 💵

Bertrand 👍

Hojbjerg 💵

Nothing unexpected there, why the great excitement?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iansums said:

He’s trying to appear ITK by posting a load of stuff we all know already. It’s no different to Jack Schidt, AR10, James McCann, Ekon  Okereke and a bunch of others who’ve done the same thing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, iansums said:

I agree with you too.

Think about it, we are in semi lock down no stewards, fans or even agents can get close to what’s really going on at our club.

You might get some leaks from one agent on a certain player but to know everything that’s going on would be a wild guess or you are putting all the pieces together from Twitter etc.

55 minutes ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Salisu 

2nd CB 😁

Vestegaard 🚪

KWP 💵

Bertrand 👍

Hojbjerg 💵

Sounds good

hqdefault.jpg

7 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

I agree with you too.

Think about it, we are in semi lock down no stewards, fans or even agents can get close to what’s really going on at our club.

You might get some leaks from one agent on a certain player but to know everything that’s going on would be a wild guess or you are putting all the pieces together from Twitter etc.

Saints marketing team still have some idea of what is going on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Saints marketing team still have some idea of what is going on. 

Yes, shown by that teasing little tweet on Friday with a padlock against KWP and Bertrand's names

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, iansums said:

No one really knows for sure that KWP will definitely be our player or if Bertrand would sign a new contact.

I'm excited because if that all happens it totally sorts out our defence and gives us a good base for pushing up the table next season. 

Edited by The Cat