Jump to content

Summer 2020 transfer business


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Sideways Jim said:

Thanks Turkish, appreciate the info.

 

Your source is normally Golden so plenty to get excited about!!!

100% right this summer Jim! Thanks for your support 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Why is that funny? 

It’s not, the Turkish humour is a little predictable to say the least but some people on here seem to lap it up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, djharvey said:

"Everything is easier at the club when we're playing well because there's less abuse"

😂 no sh*t Sherlock!

 

I haven't seen him since the start of the year when we were shite and he was just making the point that it was much easier to deal with things because there's been less abuse from fans and it makes it easier for them to do their jobs without worrying about that aspect of things. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I haven't seen him since the start of the year when we were shite and he was just making the point that it was much easier to deal with things because there's been less abuse from fans and it makes it easier for them to do their jobs without worrying about that aspect of things. 

👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, davefizzy14 said:

Yeah thanks Turkish for your updates. Enjoy reading them :)

Thanks for your support Dave. Please  understand I can’t respond to every pm or question and am limited to what I’m allowed to say, but will share what I can when I can 

 

 

Edited by Turkish
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Everything you have said, Has been in the public domain and social media, Or LeG. 

So none of it, is new news.

Copy and paste from Dan Sheldon too.

#hatersgonnahate

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SaintsFan86 said:

Everything you have said, Has been in the public domain and social media, Or LeG. 

So none of it, is new news.

Copy and paste from Dan Sheldon too.

Yes, that’s kind of the idea. It’s like when film producers try to make a parody of bad movies and just end up making a bad movie.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Doesn’t fit with our transfer strategy at all, but an interesting one at that price. Would expect his wages to be out of reach for us...

 

I wouldn't be interested in him at any price. He's 30 in 3 months and has a scoring record to rival Shane Long. He dines out on having played for United and Arsenal, that's about it. 

30 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Depends on your view point. Some people think Austin powers is hilarious, others think it’s awful, the ones that think it’s awful don’t watch James Bond films

I'm on board with the concept but feel you may be missing the mark. This is more on par with Police Academy 6: Mission to Moscow than Austin Powers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dellman said:

Sadly, we aren't getting anything for Hoedt. Lemina or Carillo--or Elyoussai or Danso or Vestergaard or Boufal, i hope I am proved wrong but we are stuck with them. It must be hard for the manager and serious professionals to get on with their careers with that lot hanging around

You may be correct but I suspect not with at least one or even two of them. Danso by the way isnt ours and is now on loan at Fortuna Düsseldorf.

I just hope our CEO has more positivity around selling them than you and I'm sure he will. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SuperSAINT said:

 

 ?!

That's an odd one. Unless we are planning on selling Adams (hope not) or plan on loaning out Obafemi, this article must be agent talk.

 

Oh and a little tiny piece of me feels sorry for Newcastle fans - they expect a massive takeover and huge signings like Coutinho, they get to keep Mike Ashley and sign Jeff Hendrick on a free transfer. 😖

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SNSUN said:

That's an odd one. Unless we are planning on selling Adams (hope not) or plan on loaning out Obafemi, this article must be agent talk.

 

Oh and a little tiny piece of me feels sorry for Newcastle fans - they expect a massive takeover and huge signings like Coutinho, they get to keep Mike Ashley and sign Jeff Hendrick on a free transfer. 😖

It's The Sun. Welbeck to us for £5.5m is what their random transfer rumour generator came up with for today... tomorrow will be something like De Bruyne to West Ham for £1m. Or £1bn. Expect McKennie will be our last signing this window.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Turkish said:

Just had a WhatsApp from my contact sorry it’s been a while but Hes been busy with work and on holiday, however as per the last message things are starting to move

Incomings

we’re not done yet, still look for a replacement for Hojbjerg we are interested in an unnamed USA midfielder currently playing in Germany, sorry but other clubs read this forum so he wouldn’t let me share his name so we don’t alert the competition.

Apparently ITK means knowing how to google "Southampton FC"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing about the Wellbeck link makes sense.

Not a prolific goalscorer, struggled to get into the Watford side last year (so his abilities are clearly declining) and will have high wage demands at a time when we are tryng to get rid of highly paid deadwood.

Agent talk I would guess to try and flush out interest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

Welbeck, Woods, Sturridge ?

Do us a favor as they don’t fit our playing style plus they are the wrong age bracket.

Whatever next for a joke Joe Hart?

Guess you missed this happening...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

And that’s my point.

What a joke signing for Spurs. What were they thinking?

To be fair he's third choice for them, behind Lloris and Gazzaniga. They let Vorm go on a free at the end of the season, so they needed a new GK and he's english...so boosts their home grown count etc.

Easy money for Joe. He's pretty much retired now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Did Saints ever actually confirm the released players from this summer? I see O'Driscoll has signed for Mansfield.

Also the lad from Las Palmas hasn't been confirmed I don't think, nor the new Academy intake (which he would be too old for I think).

McKennie a target for Villa according to The Athletic.

Edited by Dusic
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

And that’s my point.

What a joke signing for Spurs. What were they thinking?

Not all signings are specifically about direct improvement on the pitch, for a start he fills a home grown slot and apparently he is a very well respected character and very professional so is a good influence on the dressing room. 

His form has gone off a cliff, but he was clearly a very good goalkeeper, if he gets his confidence back (something Mourinho is apparently quite good at doing) then he'll be a decent back up to Lloris battling with Gazzaniga.  The guy also has two premier league titles, an FA Cup and two league cups, plus 75 England caps, in a squad that I am pretty sure has no 'winners' in it. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pilchards said:

And that’s my point.

What a joke signing for Spurs. What were they thinking?

Seems an ok signing for Spurs, getting a fancier 3rd choice to help warm up the real keepers.

The joke is that Hart has given up on playing football at 33.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Baird of the land said:

Seems an ok signing for Spurs, getting a fancier 3rd choice to help warm up the real keepers.

The joke is that Hart has given up on playing football at 33.

Bit harsh. He's gone on loans spells at home and abroad in recent seasons to try and reignite his career. Hugo Lloris is prone to the odd poor spell and Hart might fancy he can push for starts should that happen and/or in cup competition. Depending on confidence/form I would certainly say he's technically a better keeper that Gazzaniga with more pedigree at a high level.

 

He's not exactly in Lee Grant or Stuart Taylor territory. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, the saint in winchester said:

Who is Paul Joyce? I don't twitter and know nothing about him.

Based on not being good enough for Stoke leading to him being advertised for sale, I'm not excited.

Times reporter.  Absolute top level source around Merseyside (I know Stoke isn’t Merseyside).

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, the saint in winchester said:

Oh ok, not a joke anorak then?

Hopefully we have him play in a friendly to test him out.

Nope.  243k followers. 

“Hey Siri:  show me a link that makes no sense”.

Edited by SuperSAINT
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SuperSAINT said:

Nope.  243k followers. 

“Hey Siri:  show me a link that makes no sense”.

Only way it makes sense is if we’ve got someone buying FF. Doesn’t solve the issue of 3 GK’s on good wages on the books... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ErwinK1961 said:

Only way it makes sense is if we’ve got someone buying FF. Doesn’t solve the issue of 3 GK’s on good wages on the books... 

So Gunn on loan, to develop - and possibly become our number 1 some time? (or get sold at a profit)

FF sold.

McCarthy as first choice.

Butland as backup.

Who is next in line - do we have an up and coming keeper now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, the saint in winchester said:

Who is Paul Joyce? I don't twitter and know nothing about him.

Based on not being good enough for Stoke leading to him being advertised for sale, I'm not excited.

not good enough or just too expensive? 

Always rated him myself.  He's an upgrade on Gunn. I'm excited at that deal.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Suhari said:

So Gunn on loan, to develop - and possibly become our number 1 some time? (or get sold at a profit)

FF sold.

McCarthy as first choice.

Butland as backup.

Who is next in line - do we have an up and coming keeper now?

Exactly how I see it potentially working...

Forster sold

Gunn loan

Mccarthy first choice

Butland on loan to cover 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Saint Garrett said:

Exactly how I see it potentially working...

Forster sold

Gunn loan

Mccarthy first choice

Butland on loan to cover 

Where to?  Villa?

Article this morning said they’ve purchased a keeper for the last 5 windows 😂

Edited by SuperSAINT
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SuperSAINT said:

Where to?  Villa?

Article this morning said they’ve purchased a keeper for the last 5 windows 😂

One more won’t hurt then will it

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, the saint in winchester said:

Who is Paul Joyce? I don't twitter and know nothing about him.

Based on not being good enough for Stoke leading to him being advertised for sale, I'm not excited.

Jim Joyce's son?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})