Batman

Summer 2020 transfer business

Because signing Mane, van Dijk etc worked out so badly for them?

Because testing-out by a feeder club has cost them millions, and they decide to take the risk and simply release failures at the end of short contracts.

Because testing-out by a feeder club has cost them millions, and they decide to take the risk and simply release failures at the end of short contracts.
They don't have the opportunity for prospects to play in the first team consistently.

Milot Rashica of Bremen linked.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-southampton-transfer-battle-bremen-

But also linked with Liverpool and Leipzig, so would have thought we'd likely be third choice, although he may of course see us as a stepping stone.

I really like his showreel.

Obviously he can dribble, but he seems to strikes the ball well and gets his head up to pick a man out with a cross. If you had to make a decision only based on youtube video then its a yes from me.

Anyone actually watched him at Bremen? He played for Vitesse in the UEFA game against us, but I don't remember anyone in their side other than Izzy Brown.

Obviously he can dribble, but he seems to strikes the ball well and gets his head up to pick a man out with a cross. If you had to make a decision only based on youtube video then its a yes from me.

Anyone actually watched him at Bremen? He played for Vitesse in the UEFA game against us, but I don't remember anyone in their side other than Izzy Brown.

We won't sign him in a million years but anyway, good analysis here : https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/milot-rashica-201920-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

He looks strong on his youtube showreel, but seems to spend a lot of time on his arse.

Seems to be a required quality in our CB's over the last couple of seasons. Should fit in well.

This is the sort of signing our self proclaimed scouting network, recruitment team, and Black Box should have picked up before he left Vitesse. Problem over recent years though is that Saints (or at least Les and the Lesbians) were too busy giving interviews and self-indulging in believing their own hype.

We are now linked with names from the Bundesliga that German clubs have brought in for nominal sums. They have 'out-Les'd' Les.

Reed and Wilson, What a pair.

So lets get things said, clubs say they are trainning in smaller groups and even in isolation,but its a contact sport ,going up for headers the perperation from each player surley is its self cause to stop playing?

Earlier this week B.H.A. have reported a member of their playing staff has tested positive.Give Liverpool the title by default promote all current leaders to thier next level and next season relegate 4 teams instead of 3 to even back out the ammount of teams for each league.

Will the players refrain from spitting on the pitch or stop spitting out water when theve had enough ?...too many risks to think about at the moment i hope its concluded sensibly.

So lets get things said, clubs say they are trainning in smaller groups and even in isolation,but its a contact sport ,going up for headers the perperation from each player surley is its self cause to stop playing?

Earlier this week B.H.A. have reported a member of their playing staff has tested positive.Give Liverpool the title by default promote all current leaders to thier next level and next season relegate 4 teams instead of 3 to even back out the ammount of teams for each league.

Will the players refrain from spitting on the pitch or stop spitting out water when theve had enough ?...too many risks to think about at the moment i hope its concluded sensibly.

Same thing applies in Germany and Spain, so if they go ahead and play, I don’t see any reason why we shouldn’t.

Rashica looks class, but also linked with Liverpool.

If he can't to us, I'd wonder why more prem clubs aren't after him, especially if he's available at a bargain £13m...!

This is the sort of signing our self proclaimed scouting network, recruitment team, and Black Box should have picked up before he left Vitesse. Problem over recent years though is that Saints (or at least Les and the Lesbians) were too busy giving interviews and self-indulging in believing their own hype.

We are now linked with names from the Bundesliga that German clubs have brought in for nominal sums. They have 'out-Les'd' Les.

Reed and Wilson, What a pair.

Spot on. We should be picking these players up before they head to one of Europe's big four leagues. By the time they have a couple of good seasons in Germany, Italy or Spain, they're already out of our price range.

Reims President Jean-Pierre Caillot on Axel Disasi:

"He has little chance of going to Spain. We have more interesting offers from other leagues, I suggest that you read the foreign press and specifically the English (press)."

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2020/reims-president-caillot-on-axel-disasi-we-have-interesting-offers-from-other-leagues-i-advise-you-to-read-the-english-press/

So we apparently declined a offer for 19 million, but now would listen to offers of around 10 million.

https://www.google.nl/amp/s/www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/che-adams-available-knockdown-transfer-18248918.amp

IIRC the board accepted the board but Ralph didn't want to sell and blocked it. Wonder what the change of heart is? I thought he looked good in his first few games but you could clearly see the longer he went without a goal the more his confidence drained. If one of those early chances had gone in it may have been very different.

IIRC the board accepted the board but Ralph didn't want to sell and blocked it. Wonder what the change of heart is? I thought he looked good in his first few games but you could clearly see the longer he went without a goal the more his confidence drained. If one of those early chances had gone in it may have been very different.

We made our bed in January, then, and on it we must lie. I think your summary is correct. Ralph wanted to keep him then. Maybe the new DoF has convinced him he can bring in another striker if we sell Adams now. Frustrating to have lost £10M revenue from sales. But I think there will be a lot more. Vestegaard - Leicester offered us a huge sum that I would have taken. But we kept him. Another one where I think we will sell low now.

We made our bed in January, then, and on it we must lie. I think your summary is correct. Ralph wanted to keep him then. Maybe the new DoF has convinced him he can bring in another striker if we sell Adams now. Frustrating to have lost £10M revenue from sales. But I think there will be a lot more. Vestegaard - Leicester offered us a huge sum that I would have taken. But we kept him. Another one where I think we will sell low now.

Don't think it was the wrong decision in January to keep either Adams or Vestergaard as we have a limited squad, in terms of both numbers and quality, although if given the choice I may have kept Yoshida ahead of Vestergaard. Adams I'd persevere with for another season, I think there is possibly a player in there whose confidence needs a boost, unless of course we have a) a decent offer, b) a decent replacement.

On the topic of DoF, wonder how long before the recruitment role is filled.

So what if we could have got more for Adams in January. By the same logic we would have had to pay more to replace him.

Just imagine the fur ore on here if the club had simply banked the money leaving us critically short upfront.

So what if we could have got more for Adams in January. By the same logic we would have had to pay more to replace him.

Just imagine the fur ore on here if the club had simply banked the money leaving us critically short upfront.

I suspect many are looking at this with the benefit of hindsight, on the back of which getting Cedric off the payroll looks a masterstroke although it might not have done had the season progressed with the injury to Walker-Peters, and a few more shaky displays from Valery.

I agree with this, as long as we get someone decent - the money from a money only deal won't go very far.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18475570.southampton-aware-celtic-midfielder-olivier-ntchams-availability/

I've seen Ntcham a few times in European/Old Firm games and he clearly has ability. Powerful player, a little bit Lemina like but not as good as Lemina's top level.

Have to wonder why he doesn't always start for Celtic but probably worth a gamble in a swap for Forster.

Not a Hojbjerg replacement though as is better on the ball than off it and PEH is so key in our press.

Just Looking at the First 11 Squad Numbers

1. McCarthy
  4. Vestergaard (Linked With Leicester)
  5. Stephens
  7. Long
  9. Ings
  10. Adams (Linked With Leeds) 

We could be i a position in closed season with only 4 of the first 11 shirts taken.

Who slots in with new numbers, or do they really not matter anymore.

2 hours ago, Nolan said:

Just Looking at the First 11 Squad Numbers

1. McCarthy
  4. Vestergaard (Linked With Leicester)
  5. Stephens
  7. Long
  9. Ings
  10. Adams (Linked With Leeds) 

We could be i a position in closed season with only 4 of the first 11 shirts taken.

Who slots in with new numbers, or do they really not matter anymore.

Smallbone is wearing the number 8 in training games so he may end up with that one. I imagine any new cb and rb will take 2 and 3 respectively and a new midfielder if we get one will pick up 6.

Thought it was strange that Saints briefed the Echo about signing a RB this month from a team whose league has ended. Makes total sense to get someone in early but just talk about it once its done!

With Genk seeming pretty sure Maehle isn't going anywhere, I don't recall us linked with any other RBs.

We have also briefed that we don't want to sign KWP permanently, so would be interesting if there is a u-turn there at all.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 4:06 PM, Dusic said:

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/18475570.southampton-aware-celtic-midfielder-olivier-ntchams-availability/

I've seen Ntcham a few times in European/Old Firm games and he clearly has ability. Powerful player, a little bit Lemina like but not as good as Lemina's top level.

Have to wonder why he doesn't always start for Celtic but probably worth a gamble in a swap for Forster.

Not a Hojbjerg replacement though as is better on the ball than off it and PEH is so key in our press.

Celtic fans i work with really rate Ntcham and say he is a good passer of the ball although his shooting needs imrpovement as he will attempt 20 shots with one on target during a game. He will fit in fine at Saints.

58 minutes ago, waylander said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53107418 

Celtic want to keep Forster and Elyounoussi - not sure they can pay for them though

No doubt we could loan both out quite easily.  Would be somewhat disappointed if we can’t get at least one of them out permanently after they both impressed last (this?) season.  

Rb, CB and CM for me. With longs new contract I can't see us getting a striker, Armstrong and redmond have their places locked down, we don't need a keeper and we will only need a lb if Bertrand leaves (I think he was set to go but the virus may have changed those plans.)

1 hour ago, hypochondriac said:

Rb, CB and CM for me. With longs new contract I can't see us getting a striker, Armstrong and redmond have their places locked down, we don't need a keeper and we will only need a lb if Bertrand leaves (I think he was set to go but the virus may have changed those plans.)

Two centre-mids for me as it seems pretty inevitable Hojberg is leaving, the club is appearing to play hardball on the fee but I can't see them letting his contract run down and going for free. Reckon we will end up selling him for like £20 million.

If he goes then we basically have JWP as a first choice centre mid and then Romeu who is not good enough for the system to start each week. 

Unless Lemina has a massive chance of heart because no top club actually ends up wanting to take him. 

8 minutes ago, tajjuk said:

Two centre-mids for me as it seems pretty inevitable Hojberg is leaving, the club is appearing to play hardball on the fee but I can't see them letting his contract run down and going for free. Reckon we will end up selling him for like £20 million.

If he goes then we basically have JWP as a first choice centre mid and then Romeu who is not good enough for the system to start each week. 

Unless Lemina has a massive chance of heart because no top club actually ends up wanting to take him. 

Can't see us getting two in. Romeu, jwp and one other cm then someone like smallbone will deputise. 

Think we will need a new winger this summer or we might promote within the academy as I don't think Boufal will stay.

22 minutes ago, HarvSFC said:

Harrison Reed could be considered for next season too in the middle.

Doubt it I think his time has gone. 

2 hours ago, HarvSFC said:

He just had a very good game for Fulham. They went to pot when he came off.

Feels like this has been mentioned for the last 6 seasons.

Nah, he needs to move on. Will be the source of some of our funds in the summer hopefully.

Posted (edited)

Southampton have been negotiating signing ‘for several weeks’ – Able to meet club’s demands

Southampton fans will likely remember Paul Mitchell.

Now Director of Football at AS Monaco, he worked with the Saints for three years, taking charge of the club’s scouting and recruitment. From there he moved to Tottenham, and then ended up working for the Red Bull group, before taking up his role in the French principality.

Sunday’s edition of L’Equipe reports Mitchell and Monaco are keen on signing Axel Disasi from Stade Reims… and so are Southampton.

The Premier League club have been linked previously, and it’s now claimed they’ve been in negotiations ‘for several weeks’, and are able to meet the price tag requested.

Rennes are also keen, however, they’d have problems paying the €15m required. Wolves have been ‘following’ the situation, although their interest isn’t presented as seriously as Southampton’s.

Disasi is a 22 year old central defender, who can also operate at right back. His contract lasts until June 2021, putting Stade Reims under some pressure to sell this summer if they can’t get a renewal.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/southampton-negotiating-signing-several-weeks-ready-meet-clubs-demands/

Edited by SuperSAINT

Reckon we might be one of the clubs after Ngakia from West Ham? Not seen much of him but seems highly regarded.

23 minutes ago, skintsaint said:

Reckon we might be one of the clubs after Ngakia from West Ham? Not seen much of him but seems highly regarded.

Possibly but woukd have thought we are looking for a young player with a bit more experience. The likes of Zeefuik and Maehle have played at least a couple of seasons as a starting player.

Shame if Zeefuik goes to Berlin as for that kind of price (less than €6m) he looks a good buy!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, the saint in winchester said:

Clyne on a free? Salary is currently £60k pw.

(Dons tin hat ready for pelters)

Sure other clubs will be sniffing about after him.

• Like 1