Jump to content

Summer 2020 transfer business


Recommended Posts

Yes, I personally would like to see us signing someone with more creative abilities to backup Armstrong, which I don’t really associate with Theo. But I guess if Ralph thinks he can get a tune out of Theo then fair enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, revolution saint said:

Walcott would be backup to Armstrong and I guess he could probably do that role fairly well.  Ralph has said previously that Armstrong struggles with too many games in short periods so it kind of makes sense from a squad point of view but it's a disappointing loan if it happens.  It's also a bit of a rebuke to anyone thinking Smallbone was the answer - clearly not if this is Ralph's thinking.  

To do what Armstrong does needs a footballing brain and Walcott has never struck me as having one 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Neef said:

I don't understand the Walcott links tbh. We've got 4 strikers already. Plus, Ralph has always mentioned that the 2 wide players operate as #10s. Walcott isn't that and doesn't provide the the qualities we'd need in an Armstrong substitute. RLC makes more sense in that role than Walcott does. 

Which part of Tom Barclay saying RLC is not coming did you not understand

Edited by waylander
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Can't understand the negative response to Theo. Ultimately if he is backup to Armstrong then he improves the team. Clearly an upgrade on Smallbone.

yes very much so.....and another thing if a chance falls to him or Adams in the box I know which one I'm backing to find the net !

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, waylander said:

Which part of Tom Barclay saying RLC is not coming did you not understand

He’s not wrong though, is he. 

Theo would be a dreadful signing for us (unless we plan to play him off ings as back up to adams - not really needed) and I’d expect he’ll be on roughly the amount RLC is (after Chelsea contribute £100k towards it). 
 

strikes me a desperation, if I’m honest. I’m not convinced he’s any better than dejenpo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Can't understand the negative response to Theo. Ultimately if he is backup to Armstrong then he improves the team. Clearly an upgrade on Smallbone.

I think he'll be demanding that he starts. Wont be leaving Everton where he cant get a game to come here to sit on the bench. Not for me

Link to post
Share on other sites

Graeme Bailey
@GraemeBailey
Theo Walcott has decided to leave Everton on loan...Southampton, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Newcastle all said they would take him but a move back to St Mary's looks to be his preference at the moment...

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Saint Scott said:

Can't understand the negative response to Theo. Ultimately if he is backup to Armstrong then he improves the team. Clearly an upgrade on Smallbone.

Why do we need to fork out on huge wages and take a massive injury risk to achieve the benchmark of "he's an upgrade on Will Smallbone".

Pretty sure we can find an upgrade on Will Smallbone in plenty of places.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Graeme Bailey
@GraemeBailey
Theo Walcott has decided to leave Everton on loan...Southampton, West Ham, Crystal Palace and Newcastle all said they would take him but a move back to St Mary's looks to be his preference at the moment...

Oh dear

Link to post
Share on other sites

Willams rumours from wilson

They also made an enquiry to sign Manchester United full-back Brandon Williams on loan to provide back-up to both Ryan Bertrand and Kyle Walker-Peters. That deal is unlikely, however, as Southampton are in less competitions this season than Manchester United and so may offer even fewer playing opportunities.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be happy with Walcott. Most on here were clamouring for us to sign him  20-odd months ago. Yes, he hasn't exactly set the world alight at Everton but do think he'd bring something different with his pace and his finishing can be decent when he's playing with confidence. Hopefully the sentimental nature of his return might help restore some of that. Pretty low-risk if it is a one-year loan and assume Everton will be subsidising some of the wages - doubt we'd be pursuing this if it was going to break the bank. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Curse of St Mary's said:

 

next one on the list then - i think if we can pick up cover for both sides in one player it will be good business. If it means Valery and/or Vokins can get some game time out on loan then even better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Twitter is talking about Pascal Grob from Birghton.... would normally discount it but he played for Ingolstadt for 3yrs under Ralph, knows the system and more squad depth ?

Apparently created a lot of chances when playing for them from midfield

"He created more chances than any other player in the league that season, a total of 95 chances."

Groß can operate as a central midfielder, a winger, and an attacking midfielder - sounds useful

Edited by Convict Colony
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Convict Colony said:

Twitter is talking about Pascal Grob from Birghton.... would normally discount it but he played for Ingolstadt for 3yrs under Ralph, knows the system and more squad depth ?

Apparently created a lot of chances when playing for them from midfield

"He created more chances than any other player in the league that season, a total of 95 chances."

Groß can operate as a central midfielder, a winger, and an attacking midfielder - sounds useful

He’s a good player. I would be happy with him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})