Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Are the BBC going to permanently use their formula to report every time a new country is added to the quarantine list? Soundbite from someone moaning about flight prices, reports of someone who is going to be really inconvenienced by having to self-isolate, then include footage (ensure wobbly for dramatic effect) of someone ‘dashing’ to get home before 4am deadline as if they are making a daring escape to flee the Gustapo.

Is Points of View still going?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whelk said:

Are the BBC going to permanently use their formula to report every time a new country is added to the quarantine list? Soundbite from someone moaning about flight prices, reports of someone who is going to be really inconvenienced by having to self-isolate, then include footage (ensure wobbly for dramatic effect) of someone ‘dashing’ to get home before 4am deadline as if they are making a daring escape to flee the Gustapo.

Is Points of View still going?

The Mexican secret police?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Estimated that could be over £3bn giving away to furlough fraud. As we have found a magic money tree no one need be concerned.

How much did the eat to help out cost? I fully appreciate the tax payer subsidising my kids ice creams during the holiday although arguably some more deserving causes that money could have been spent on.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Dom was just carrying out a public service when he was testing how far an ill person could drive on his way up North - I'm sure he'll now be completely forgiven!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54072479

Quote

Health Secretary Matt Hancock said there had been a "a problem with a couple of contracts" which would take a matter of weeks to be "sorted in the short term".

But he said he had "already put in certain solutions" to make sure people didn't have to travel more than 75 miles for a test.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, whelk said:

Estimated that could be over £3bn giving away to furlough fraud. As we have found a magic money tree no one need be concerned.

How much did the eat to help out cost? I fully appreciate the tax payer subsidising my kids ice creams during the holiday although arguably some more deserving causes that money could have been spent on.

 

Companies were always going to rip the arse out of the Furlough scheme and it was always going to be open to fraud. We’re just going to have to pay it back later in tax,  if the scheme wasn’t there it would be way more damaging to the economy.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, whelk said:

Estimated that could be over £3bn giving away to furlough fraud. As we have found a magic money tree no one need be concerned.

How much did the eat to help out cost? I fully appreciate the tax payer subsidising my kids ice creams during the holiday although arguably some more deserving causes that money could have been spent on.

 

The Eating Out scheme cost around £500m

Link to post
Share on other sites

From Monday we will not be allowed to congregate in groups of more than 6, unless you get around this restriction in a " specific and limited way".

 

Edit: I see that Wancock has been asked to attend the Commons to apologise for settng policy without announcing it there first.

Edited by badgerx16
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badgerx16 said:

From Monday we will not be allowed to congregate in groups of more than 6, unless you get around this restriction in a " specific and limited way".

 

Edit: I see that Wancock has been asked to attend the Commons to apologise for settng policy without announcing it there first.

That's pubs fucked again then!

Presumably also restaurants as they won't be allowed to let more than six people in!

Love these well thought out and defined restrictions!

Link to post
Share on other sites

August: 50% off to eat in restaurants; Get those kids back to school; You shouldn't be working from home! Get back to the offices! If you feel unwell or are in any doubt - take a test!

September: You can send your kids to school, still meet in pubs and restaurants (as long as it is no more than 6) - oh and still able to work in offices and take public transport. But only from Monday 14th, as we have got a test event at Doncaster races this week where 3,000+ people are attending. But most of all if there are 7 of you in a big open space like a park, we will fine you £100 each!

Oh and stop asking for tests - we haven't got enough and if you live in London, your nearest one is in Brecon. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hancock is getting even more smug if that were possible.

twat banging on about public not using testing responsibly. Always someone else to blame. Do these cunts ever take reponsibity? No need to answer

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, edprice1984 said:

August: 50% off to eat in restaurants; Get those kids back to school; You shouldn't be working from home! Get back to the offices! If you feel unwell or are in any doubt - take a test!

September: You can send your kids to school, still meet in pubs and restaurants (as long as it is no more than 6) - oh and still able to work in offices and take public transport. But only from Monday 14th, as we have got a test event at Doncaster races this week where 3,000+ people are attending. But most of all if there are 7 of you in a big open space like a park, we will fine you £100 each!

Oh and stop asking for tests - we haven't got enough and if you live in London, your nearest one is in Brecon. 

 

Yeah do they want me out spending money or not?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, whelk said:

Hancock is getting even more smug if that were possible.

twat banging on about public not using testing responsibly. Always someone else to blame. Do these cunts ever take reponsibity? No need to answer

It would interesting to find out who he thinks are having tests without needing to. I had to have a test the other week when I got my hydrocephalus shunt checked out in Neuro whilst in hospital. Either way, it's some twatishly cvntish comment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Hockey_saint said:

It would interesting to find out who he thinks are having tests without needing to. I had to have a test the other week when I got my hydrocephalus shunt checked out in Neuro whilst in hospital. Either way, it's some twatishly cvntish comment.

iWork with a bloke whose had 2 without symptoms and my daughter in law has sent  our grandchildren for 2 despite my snap dragon (a health professional) telling her there’s really no need (they just had a slight temp). If you think there’s no time wasters you’re deluded. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was always going to be some time wasters, that is obvious, they should have factored that in. Anyway someone having a test because they have mild symptoms, are about to go on holiday or visit an elderly relative might be OTT but it’s probably not a bad thing.

The government have fucked up test and trace so are just looking to blame someone else as usual. Like spending the last month begging people to catch a bus to work or go out to the pub, then they blame young people for spreading.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

iWork with a bloke whose had 2 without symptoms and my daughter in law has sent  our grandchildren for 2 despite my snap dragon (a health professional) telling her there’s really no need (they just had a slight temp). If you think there’s no time wasters you’re deluded. 

I didn't say there were no time wasters....I simply wondered what his definition was.

 

 

An observation from my visit though....if you want to talk about time wasters, there's a woman who was arrested for breaking lots of equiptment and racially abusing a doctor in A&E the other month, she got a suspended sentence.....On my way out I noticed her on the way to the hospital with her union jack shorts on....that's basically the type of person that agrees with you ducky.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hockey_saint said:

 

 

An observation from my visit though....if you want to talk about time wasters, there's a woman who was arrested for breaking lots of equiptment and racially abusing a doctor in A&E the other month, she got a suspended sentence.....On my way out I noticed her on the way to the hospital with her union jack shorts on....that's basically the type of person that agrees with you ducky.

Great point well made.....lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/09/2020 at 15:21, edprice1984 said:

August: 50% off to eat in restaurants; Get those kids back to school; You shouldn't be working from home! Get back to the offices! If you feel unwell or are in any doubt - take a test!

September: You can send your kids to school, still meet in pubs and restaurants (as long as it is no more than 6) - oh and still able to work in offices and take public transport. But only from Monday 14th, as we have got a test event at Doncaster races this week where 3,000+ people are attending. But most of all if there are 7 of you in a big open space like a park, we will fine you £100 each!

Oh and stop asking for tests - we haven't got enough and if you live in London, your nearest one is in Brecon. 

Meanwhile I have received a letter from the NHS inviting me to take part in the Imperial College research project by taking a test.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

All kicking off again?

Someone I know in Farnborough was told to go to Leicester for a test. My wife is a teacher in Winchester and they’ve been told to go to Bristol or Weymouth ffs.

It’s just indefensible really isn’t it?
Also, where has Hancock gone? First in the bunker? 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Plastic said:

All kicking off again?

Someone I know in Farnborough was told to go to Leicester for a test. My wife is a teacher in Winchester and they’ve been told to go to Bristol or Weymouth ffs.

It’s just indefensible really isn’t it?
Also, where has Hancock gone? First in the bunker? 😀

Funny you say that. I know someone that lives in Weymouth that wanted a test yesterday, and they were told the nearest they could get one was Warminster.

Link to post
Share on other sites

School I work at have confirmed cases, and appears it has spread around like wildfire. Loads of children are off with symptoms, none of whom can get a test or get anywhere remotely close to get a test.

 

It's not like this couldn't have been foreseen, the 'lack of tests' after 6 months is absolute madness. 

Edited by LGTL
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, SFC Forever said:

This is a time for emergency actions. Why can't the MP's get together to work something out to help the situation.

Because they're all too scared to go back to work - whilst demanding everyone else does exactly that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At the same time as the number of cases is starting to rise, restrictions are in place for getherings of six or more and a second county goes into lockdown, football is opening its doors again!  We don't manage this very well do we?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54175545

Quote

Up to 1,000 fans will be allowed to attend 10 different English Football League games this weekend as part of the government's crowd pilots.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite having been universally derided for their policy on the Chinese virus, the Swedes appear to be having the last laugh. While the rest of Europe is suffering rising numbers of those infected, Sweden's are falling to their lowest levels. Death rates are only a tenth of the level predicted by so-called Science virology experts. They kept all of their schools, shops and restaurants opened, their pupils sat their exams on time and their economy carried on without too much of a hit. They relied on their people to take sensible measures to protect themselves as best they could.

We, like most of the rest of Europe, went the opposite way, introduced a severe lockdown, closed schools, shops, restaurants, hotels, travel etc, and have completely screwed our economy. 

When the Chinese introduce their next virus attack, we will have to thank the Swedes for showing us the way to overcome it. 😉

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wes Tender said:

Despite having been universally derided for their policy on the Chinese virus, the Swedes appear to be having the last laugh. While the rest of Europe is suffering rising numbers of those infected, Sweden's are falling to their lowest levels. Death rates are only a tenth of the level predicted by so-called Science virology experts. They kept all of their schools, shops and restaurants opened, their pupils sat their exams on time and their economy carried on without too much of a hit. They relied on their people to take sensible measures to protect themselves as best they could.

We, like most of the rest of Europe, went the opposite way, introduced a severe lockdown, closed schools, shops, restaurants, hotels, travel etc, and have completely screwed our economy. 

When the Chinese introduce their next virus attack, we will have to thank the Swedes for showing us the way to overcome it. 😉

The highlighted part is where the UK fails.

( And you almost make yourself look as silly as GM by parroting 'chinese virus' ).

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aintforever said:

Love the way he didn't show what happened to the vape with no mask at all. :lol:

Genuine question, what do you think the difference will be?

Granted it's a very crude experiment but it highlights that the vapour (substitute for 'breath' which has the same volume but isn't as visible), escapes around and over the mask.  The difference, as far as I can see, if he did the same thing without a mask would be that the vapour would come out in front of his face instead of to the side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Genuine question, what do you think the difference will be?

Granted it's a very crude experiment but it highlights that the vapour (substitute for 'breath' which has the same volume but isn't as visible), escapes around and over the mask.  The difference, as far as I can see, if he did the same thing without a mask would be that the vapour would come out in front of his face instead of to the side.

He probably didn’t show the experiment without a mask because a fuck-off massive cloud of vape poured out his mouth and engulfed the camera a few feet away instead of going up round his head.

Why do you think he didn’t show it without?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})