Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, badgerx16 said:

The Government invited the Warrington MP to join the video conference about restrictions in Merseyside, despite Warrington not being in Merseyside. They also failed to invite Lisa Nandy, MP for Wigan, to the conference for Greater Manchester - Wigan is in GM.

 

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/government-fumbled-tier-listings-last-night_uk_5f856b1ec5b6e6d033a76cd8

 

Their grasp of the geography of the North West is nearly as poor as their grasp on reality.

 

They should have just made it open to anyone who likes rugby league and hitting their wife.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, benjii said:

They should have just made it open to anyone who likes rugby league and hitting their wife.

Are you inferring a Northern stereotype ?

Edited by badgerx16
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news, Margaret gets off Scot free from the Met police :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-54546058

Quote

The Metropolitan Police has said it is taking no further action against an MP who travelled by train from London to Glasgow after testing positive for coronavirus.

The force said Margaret Ferrier had not breached laws in England which require people to self-isolate because she was tested before they came into effect.

Not sure what the law states in Scotland, but if Poileas Alba also conclude she has no case to answer will the SNP re-instate her to the party?

As for the argument about Cummings meeting people whilst his wife was ill, I guess that one is blown out of the water as well, as he can't possibly have broken a law in March that didn't come into effect until the end of September!!!

Quote

In a statement, the Met said it had considered possible offences under the Health Protection Regulations 2020, which makes it an offence for people in England to come into contact with others when they should be self-isolating.

The force added: "On detailed examination of this new legislation, and following legal advice, it was concluded that this regulation is applicable only after the 28 September.

I guess that just leaves the whole eyesight thing - which frankly isn't a CoVid issue at all, but one for the DVSA to look at - but I'm sure if he ever gets asked about it he can just brush it away and claim that the virus made him act out of character.

Quote

Ms Ferrier is sitting as an independent MP after being suspended by the SNP.

She has refused to quit as an MP, and said coronavirus made her act "out of character".

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Good news, Margaret gets off Scot free from the Met police :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-54546058

Not sure what the law states in Scotland, but if Poileas Alba also conclude she has no case to answer will the SNP re-instate her to the party?

As for the argument about Cummings meeting people whilst his wife was ill, I guess that one is blown out of the water as well, as he can't possibly have broken a law in March that didn't come into effect until the end of September!!!

I guess that just leaves the whole eyesight thing - which frankly isn't a CoVid issue at all, but one for the DVSA to look at - but I'm sure if he ever gets asked about it he can just brush it away and claim that the virus made him act out of character.

 

I'm happy to rescind my earlier comment about Margaret breaking the fundamental rule about isolating whilst waiting for a test result to return, as it turns out that was not a law at the time she did it.  Morally she should have followed the advice as everyone else should, but I guess morals don't apply with politicians!

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Good news, Margaret gets off Scot free from the Met police :

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-54546058

Not sure what the law states in Scotland, but if Poileas Alba also conclude she has no case to answer will the SNP re-instate her to the party?

As for the argument about Cummings meeting people whilst his wife was ill, I guess that one is blown out of the water as well, as he can't possibly have broken a law in March that didn't come into effect until the end of September!!!

I guess that just leaves the whole eyesight thing - which frankly isn't a CoVid issue at all, but one for the DVSA to look at - but I'm sure if he ever gets asked about it he can just brush it away and claim that the virus made him act out of character.

 

I think what you're doing is all very cute, almost adorable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

People are calling for another lockdown. That is going to cause hardship in other ways, as I was told this morning where a laundry that relies on Hotels pubs etc stated that they will close as they cannot cope with another shutdown.

1m people have died worldwide with Covid19 , the influenza after the Great war killed 100m but we carried on. Aids killed millions and we didnt shut the clubs and pubsthen

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldNick said:

People are calling for another lockdown. That is going to cause hardship in other ways, as I was told this morning where a laundry that relies on Hotels pubs etc stated that they will close as they cannot cope with another shutdown.

1m people have died worldwide with Covid19 , the influenza after the Great war killed 100m but we carried on. Aids killed millions and we didnt shut the clubs and pubs then

Not really comparable, you can spend your whole life in a crowded pub and have 0% chance of catching AIDS. TBH nothing the government does is going to help all that much as we have too many people who are too stubborn and or stupid to do as they're told. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, aintforever said:

But what Cummings did was fine. :lol:

If you think so, that's up to you...

Personally, I think that what he did was morally reprehensible - I even pointed this out at the time - but that he hadn't actually broken any rules.  There is a stark difference between morals and rules, one that I'm not sure you've truly grasped...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

If you think so, that's up to you...

Personally, I think that what he did was morally reprehensible - I even pointed this out at the time - but that he hadn't actually broken any rules.  There is a stark difference between morals and rules, one that I'm not sure you've truly grasped...

Not sure you've grasped the concept that the government/scientific advisors/public health England/the Prime Minister on national TV/Ministers in Parliament/etc laid out a series of rules for everyone to follow back during March and then further rules after that and on to today.

They were rules.

The advice was not "you can all just follow your own morals and then let's see how we all get on".

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CB Fry said:

Not sure you've grasped the concept that the government/scientific advisors/public health England/the Prime Minister on national TV/Ministers in Parliament/etc laid out a series of rules for everyone to follow back during March and then further rules after that and on to today.

They were rules.

The advice was not "you can all just follow your own morals and then let's see how we all get on".

Not sure you've grasped the fact that breaking those rules carried financial penalties.  The test for breaking the rules wasn't even particularly strong and could be applied arbitrarily by serving constables.  Yet, no financial penalties were issued to Cummings which must imply that he did not break said rules.

Not really advanced rocketry is it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Not sure you've grasped the fact that breaking those rules carried financial penalties.  The test for breaking the rules wasn't even particularly strong and could be applied arbitrarily by serving constables.  Yet, no financial penalties were issued to Cummings which must imply that he did not break said rules.

Not really advanced rocketry is it?

Jesus fucking wept you are special.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

If you think so, that's up to you...

Personally, I think that what he did was morally reprehensible - I even pointed this out at the time - but that he hadn't actually broken any rules.  There is a stark difference between morals and rules, one that I'm not sure you've truly grasped...

You're all over the place on this, why don't you just save your embarrassment and admit you are wrong.

Of course he broke the rules, probably three times. Everyone over the age of 12, except you, knows his eye test story was just bullish!t.

Even if the eye test story was in some bizarre way true and he didn't break any rules the fact that you have people at the highest level of government acting 'morally reprehensible' with regards to the rules they set for us would have the same effect of undermining the government's message.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, aintforever said:

You're all over the place on this, why don't you just save your embarrassment and admit you are wrong.

Of course he broke the rules, probably three times. Everyone over the age of 12, except you, knows his eye test story was just bullish!t.

Even if the eye test story was in some bizarre way true and he didn't break any rules the fact that you have people at the highest level of government acting 'morally reprehensible' with regards to the rules they set for us would have the same effect of undermining the government's message.  

 

 

Mental!

So he broke the rules, more than once, was interviewed by the police who concluded it didn't even warrant a pitiful £30 fine.  Seems like a slam dunk to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Not sure you've grasped the fact that breaking those rules carried financial penalties.  The test for breaking the rules wasn't even particularly strong and could be applied arbitrarily by serving constables.  Yet, no financial penalties were issued to Cummings which must imply that he did not break said rules.

Not really advanced rocketry is it?

So you conclude that he didn't break the rules because he didn't get a penalty for breaking the rules, which just about anyone with a brain can see that he did. Ridiculous. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, egg said:

So you conclude that he didn't break the rules because he didn't get a penalty for breaking the rules, which just about anyone with a brain can see that he did. Ridiculous. 

I've reached the logical conclusion that he must apply the same thinking to Jimmy Savile who never received even a fine or nothing from a serving constable so clearly never broke a rule in his entire life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, egg said:

So you conclude that he didn't break the rules because he didn't get a penalty for breaking the rules, which just about anyone with a brain can see that he did. Ridiculous. 

Remind me, how does the legal system work in the UK - I believe you have 'insider' knowledge ;)

Is it 'guilty until proven innocent'?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CB Fry said:

I've reached the logical conclusion that he must apply the same thinking to Jimmy Savile who never received even a fine or nothing from a serving constable so clearly never broke a rule in his entire life.

You should direct that one to Sir Keir as I believe he was in charge of the CPS when they decided not to bring charges against Sir Jimmy.  Although what that's got to do with coronavirus legislation fines from constables is beyond me.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Weston Super Saint said:

You should direct that one to Sir Keir as I believe he was in charge of the CPS when they decided not to bring charges against Sir Jimmy.  Although what that's got to do with coronavirus legislation fines from constables is beyond me.

Just making the point about your definition of people who have broken rules and people who have definitely not broken any rules whatsoever because they were not fined by a serving constable at the time.

You're very welcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Remind me, how does the legal system work in the UK - I believe you have 'insider' knowledge ;)

Is it 'guilty until proven innocent'?

Heisenberg was a lot funnier and more clever than this. Nobody can be as stupid or as argumentative as you are trying to be. 

Why don't you drop this Village Idiot identity and find another one??

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Tamesaint said:

Why don't you drop this Village Idiot identity and find another one??

Why would someone drop a persona whilst people continue to bite...? ;)

#cause #effect #fuel #fire

Edited by trousers
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CB Fry said:

Just making the point about your definition of people who have broken rules and people who have definitely not broken any rules whatsoever because they were not fined by a serving constable at the time.

You're very welcome.

Great point well made, and that is exactly how all the laws in the UK work, well played, you're the bestest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tamesaint said:

Heisenberg was a lot funnier and more clever than this. Nobody can be as stupid or as argumentative as you are trying to be. 

Why don't you drop this Village Idiot identity and find another one??

It's a pretty simple question, but one I didn't think you'd have the ability to answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, whelk said:

Labour going for national lockdown. Fck off. Yeah close everything in the country regardless of infection rates

It's an easy win for Labour.  Claim we should have a national lockdown, knowing it is very unlikely to happen, then claim the Government are shit.  It's also very easy to shout about another national lockdown when you know you don't need to find the money to pay for it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, whelk said:

Labour going for national lockdown. Fck off. Yeah close everything in the country regardless of infection rates

I think a circuit break is probably the best option TBH. Unless these regional restrictions bring the r rate below 1 then it's just a matter of time before it happens anyway, better sooner than later. Leave it too late and it might not only cost lives but might mean we have to lock down even longer which would have worse effect on the economy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CB Fry said:

I've never mentioned "laws".

So what the fuck were you talking about with your silly Saville example?

Were you implying he's never cheated at monopoly?

QUOTE "I've reached the logical conclusion that he must apply the same thinking to Jimmy Savile who never received even a fine or nothing from a serving constable so clearly never broke a rule in his entire life."

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought being drunk was a requirement for employment within the Navy.  It comes up at interview in-between "what are your weaknesses" and "why is there a work gap in your CV".  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/10/2020 at 12:33, aintforever said:

I think a circuit break is probably the best option TBH. Unless these regional restrictions bring the r rate below 1 then it's just a matter of time before it happens anyway, better sooner than later. Leave it too late and it might not only cost lives but might mean we have to lock down even longer which would have worse effect on the economy.

Until we get a vaccine - and then go through the badly organised governement immunisation process - we will be going in and out of lockdowns - either locally or nationally. The circuit breaker will have the effect of halting the rise in infections but will also piss people off who think it's just inconvenient - and there will be less and less adherence to the rules - although not by me.

I'm not saying I know what the answer is but I don't see this coming to an end anytime soon.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 hours ago, Saint Luke said:

Until we get a vaccine - and then go through the badly organised governement immunisation process - we will be going in and out of lockdowns - either locally or nationally. The circuit breaker will have the effect of halting the rise in infections but will also piss people off who think it's just inconvenient - and there will be less and less adherence to the rules - although not by me.

I'm not saying I know what the answer is but I don't see this coming to an end anytime soon.

 

Lockdown's piss people off but if these half arsed measures are not getting the R rate below 1 then the infections are not going to stop going up and up until a point where surely we will have to do something else? 

 

Edited by aintforever
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Weston Super Saint said:

Protect the vulnerable and get on with life???

Problem is you would imagine that anyone high risk would already be protecting themselves yet even with current measures the hospitals are filling up. Plus there is the effects of long covid we are still learning about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

On the news just now, Hancock says that we should all try and avoid becoming infected with the virus because of the potential problems of Long Covid, so I guess we are all vulnerable.

Yeah great advise, try and avoid becoming infected. Good job you posted that otherwise I may have tried to catch it. 
 

Id also advise trying to avoid pneumonia, lung cancer & heart attacks. Perhaps we could ban people from smoking, drinking, eating too much & going out in winter. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Yeah great advise, try and avoid becoming infected. Good job you posted that otherwise I may have tried to catch it. 
 

Id also advise trying to avoid pneumonia, lung cancer & heart attacks. Perhaps we could ban people from smoking, drinking, eating too much & going out in winter. 

Smoking too much weed again Duckie? Perhaps you should turn your biting wit onto Hancock? Oh wait, he is one of your own.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sadoldgit said:

Smoking too much weed again Duckie? Perhaps you should turn your biting wit onto Hancock? Oh wait, he is one of your own.

No he’s not. He’s a sopping wet pinko. 
 

Do you think we should ban smoking? 

 

from the nhs website 

 

Smoking is one of the biggest causes of death and illness in the UK.

Every year around 78,000 people in the UK die from smoking, with many more living with debilitating smoking-related illnesses.

Smoking increases your risk of developing more than 50 serious health conditions. 

Some may be fatal, and others can cause irreversible long-term damage to your health.

Edited by Lord Duckhunter
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})