The Sunday Times - Southampton put up for sale at £250m

The Odd Guy

1 hour ago, Saint86 said:

Other than ITK snippet on Monday/Tuesday, has there been any more news on this? I.e. who the likely party is, and when we can expect it to happen (with a slight bit more definition than, "soon" if possible 😅)

Shhhhhh. No news is good news when it comes to Saints and negotiations.

And be patient, tomorrow is Friday

Feeding back to Saint Lards link of who Wasserman was in the article Wasserman was looking at clubs earlier this year - you must remember the articles about cocu, koeman, bergkamp et al leading a consortium, they werent they are just clients.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dennis-bergkamp-heading-star-studded-21964051

4 minutes ago, NewYorkSaint said:

Patience, friends. It's going to be good... 

It is going to be Trump isn't it. He will build a hotel south of the Chapel end   and a nine hole golf course on the banks of the Itchen.  He even has the piles of sand and gravel there to build the bunkers !  

1 hour ago, redkeith said:

It is going to be Trump isn't it. He will build a hotel south of the Chapel end   and a nine hole golf course on the banks of the Itchen.  He even has the piles of sand and gravel there to build the bunkers !  

Don't forget the wall somewhere east of Southampton...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redkeith said:

He's skint. Personally $450m in the hole. Think about that: the guy in charge of the largest nuclear arsenal in the world is effectively owned by whoever owns his debt. Reassuring...

So are we thinking its Wasserman now?

17 hours ago, Convict Colony said:

Feeding back to Saint Lards link of who Wasserman was in the article Wasserman was looking at clubs earlier this year - you must remember the articles about cocu, koeman, bergkamp et al leading a consortium, they werent they are just clients.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/dennis-bergkamp-heading-star-studded-21964051

2 hours ago, Badger said:

Newcastle are welcome to that one. From the article you've posted I'd rather stick with Gao.

Yeh they sound dodgy, sound like wannabe billionaires who don't really have the cash wanting a vanity project. Lots of alarms bells round that. 

There is certainly good old fashioned honest money floating about even in the UK. ASDA has just been bought back into UK ownership from US retail giant Walmart by the billionaire Issa brothers in a £6.8bn deal. 

Our Brexit supporting local Oil billionaire has b*gg*r*d off to Monaco (EU?) so we can't keep our hopes up of him being interested.

37 minutes ago, Charlie Wayman said:

There is certainly good old fashioned honest money floating about even in the UK. ASDA has just been bought back into UK ownership from US retail giant Walmart by the billionaire Issa brothers in a £6.8bn deal. 

Our Brexit supporting local Oil billionaire has b*gg*r*d off to Monaco (EU?) so we can't keep our hopes up of him being interested.

I was hoping that the group interested in Newcastle may have diverted interest to Southampton. Just optimism and wishful thinking but they left that deal too easily and my instincts made me think that they may have seen a better alternative but that’s clutching at straws mixed with a smidgen of optimism. Nothing wrong with a little bit of an imagination and optimism and I’ve had most of my optimism beaten out of me this year 

Lets get our midfielder’s medicals done & player signed before anything else or we won’t have a Premier League club for potential owners to buy. 

Jim Ratcliffe would’ve been the best owner

1 hour ago, Gordon Mockles said:

I was hoping that the group interested in Newcastle may have diverted interest to Southampton. Just optimism and wishful thinking but they left that deal too easily and my instincts made me think that they may have seen a better alternative but that’s clutching at straws mixed with a smidgen of optimism. Nothing wrong with a little bit of an imagination and optimism and I’ve had most of my optimism beaten out of me this year 

Lets get our midfielder’s medicals done & player signed before anything else or we won’t have a Premier League club for potential owners to buy. 

Jim Ratcliffe would’ve been the best owner

If Ratcliffe took over there is a chance he might pull Ings out of the Saints squad to enter him in the Giro D'Italia . 

21 minutes ago, Saint Matty 76 said:

The owner's son (followed by Forster, Kelvin, Jaidi etc...) has just posted this up on his Instagram.

6a9e2246a3b617e9da60fe8c46feaeda.jpg

Unless they've just sacked everyone in this picture, would love for it to be announced soon that we had new owners though.

Martin Semmens just wrote on this - "Travel safe michael, From the 1st day tot he last you have been a gentlement and polite to everyone you have met and worked with. You are a bright young man with a great future and a credit to your family and we wish you well.  See you soon Martin"

Think maybe the guy has been at Saints and is now moving back to China interesting.

Update - Dan Sheldon - Michael Gao is Jisheng Gao’s young nephew. He spent a placement year with #SaintsFC. That’s finished now & he’s going home.

Edited by Convict Colony

20 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Go big or go home. 

This is a crucial period for you. After a period of increasing creditability the failure in mondays transfer window and the doubts raised by Egg have caused a few to doubt your ITK credentials. However success here would confirm you as the leading ITk and usurp LeG as the number one ITK on saintsweb. Failure here is unthinkable as it will give credance to Eggs claims and the tide will turn with more and more doubters will voice their view. The next 2 weeks are a pivotal for you and will either confirm you as a genuine mongboard ITK great or another also ran.