The Odd Guy

The Sunday Times - Southampton put up for sale at £250m

And?

A story about a takeover of Premier club on a thread about a Premier club for sale.

Hope that's ok with you!

A story about a takeover of Premier club on a thread about a Premier club for sale.

Hope that's ok with you!

I just don't understand what point you're trying to make in reference to the saints takeover? You've just dropped a link to Amnesty International and Qatar protesting the Saudi takeover of Newcastle? whats the bearing on ourselves? I'm not having a go at you, i just don't understand what you're trying to say?

I just don't understand what point you're trying to make in reference to the saints takeover? You've just dropped a link to Amnesty International and Qatar protesting the Saudi takeover of Newcastle? whats the bearing on ourselves? I'm not having a go at you, i just don't understand what you're trying to say?

If you've read any of this thread you'll see Newcastle have been mentioned many times.

Just adding to it!

Posted (edited)
An American-based company has held talks to buy Gao Jisheng's majority share of Southampton, but the coronavirus pandemic has held up discussions.

The group has shown interest in purchasing the Chinese businessman's 80 per cent controlling stake, which he put up for sale earlier this year.

They have been described to Sky Sports News as the only serious player in a potential takeover, following interest from more than two parties.

However, it is understood those talks have been disrupted by the coronavirus pandemic and a deal is not close to being agreed.

Previous owner Katharina Liebherr, who sits on the board and retains a 20 per cent stake, is said to have been actively involved in discussions.

The Swiss national sold her controlling stake in the Saints to Jisheng in 2017 for a reported sum of £210m, having inherited the club from her father Markus in 2010.

Jisheng now values this share at £250m, according to reports.

Last June, he told the Financial Times that there were "no problems" with his financial situation, amid reports his Lander Sports Group had suffered losses.

"I am not treating Southampton as a pig to be fattened and sold," he said. "I am treating it as a child.

"But my children must believe they cannot depend on the boss. I have said to Southampton: 'I am now your father. But I am putting you on the right track - you need to feed yourself'."

Southampton have undergone considerable change in personnel during Jisheng's ownership; including three new managers; Mauricio Pellegrino, Mark Hughes and Ralph Hasenhuttl.

Long-standing vice-chairman Les Reed left to join the FA in 2018, while Matt Crocker recently moved in the opposite direction to replace Ross Wilson as director of football operations, following his move to Rangers.

Last week, Sky Sports News reported that the Saints were cracking on with the summer transfer priorities despite the potential for the club to be sold and the uncertainty over when football will return.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11700/11981915/coronavirus-disrupts-southampton-sale-talks-over-gao-jisheng-majority-share

Edited by SuperSAINT

Hopefully they don't have the same impact as Swansea, Sunderland, or Aston Villa's former American-based owners.

Interesting, who it could be. I wonder who the other interested parties are too?

Interesting, who it could be. I wonder who the other interested parties are too?

Probably Marc Jackson :)

Hopefully they don't have the same impact as Swansea, Sunderland, or Aston Villa's former American-based owners.

No different to what Gao might achieve if he remains in place.

Normally i would be sceptical but whoever it is cant be any worse than the current guy. Just someone to make us competitive is all that is needed

Crazy how we’ve pretty much mirrored Swansea’s rise and fall. Almost a carbon copy.. we just need the yanks to come in an seal the deal.

Apparently someone called Jeffery Bezos? was show around St Mary’s and staplewood, start of the year.

Crazy how we’ve pretty much mirrored Swansea’s rise and fall. Almost a carbon copy.. we just need the yanks to come in an seal the deal.

What, they were promoted and sold a couple of decent players? Apart from that I see very little in common.

If anything I’d say we were a Primark West Ham.

What, they were promoted and sold a couple of decent players? Apart from that I see very little in common.

If anything I’d say we were a Primark West Ham.

Plus Swansea won a cup along the way so they were far more successful than us.

Posted (edited)
Apparently someone called Jeffery Bezos? was show around St Mary’s and staplewood, start of the year.

What the owner of Amazon? Hes the richest person in the world!!!

Edited by davefizzy14

What the owner of Amazon?

Yes he is.

And No...he won’t be investing in SFC.

If only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was looking st the black box for profiling potential delivery drivers.

Yes he is.

And No...he won’t be investing in SFC.

If only.

But why would someone say it was him then, would look a bit silly in my opinion

But why would someone say it was him then, would look a bit silly in my opinion

It’s called having a little joke mate

Plus Swansea won a cup along the way so they were far more successful than us.

If by successful you mean ‘fortunate enough to play Bradford’ then you are correct.

Maybe an NFL owner, they always seem to be linked to PL sides.

Some young guy called Barron Trump.

He has a growing interest in Soccer and has a low profile father who is one of the most successful businessmen in the history of the good old USA!!!!!!

If by successful you mean ‘fortunate enough to play Bradford’ then you are correct.

It's a cup win at the end of the day, far better than what we managed at our peak.

Look towards the New England Patriots consortium.

Perhaps.

Perhaps.

If it is the Kraft group, that would be immense.

All that group is associated with winners.

Perhaps.

You reckon that's who it could be?

It's a cup win at the end of the day, far better than what we managed at our peak.

At our recent peak, we played well enough to win 9 times out of 10 in a League Cup final against Man Utd and finished above Liverpool in the league. Hardly 'far' better.

At our recent peak, we played well enough to win 9 times out of 10 in a League Cup final against Man Utd and finished above Liverpool in the league. Hardly 'far' better.

The history books say they won it we didn’t so yes winning it is far better than not winning it.

In the same way that Lincoln City were better than us last season, then I suppose. It’s an utterly pointless debate/comparison so I’ll leave it there.

Kraft was labelled the worst owner in the MLS with New England Revolution. [emoji2369]

The fact it’s made it to national press would suggest that (if even true) we are hoping someone else comes in. Can’t say I’m all that excited as it’s most likely another chancer... however, anyone is better than Gao.

The fact it’s made it to national press would suggest that (if even true) we are hoping someone else comes in. Can’t say I’m all that excited as it’s most likely another chancer... however, anyone is better than Gao.

I take it you haven't read the Pompey Takover Saga thread then.

Were you joking about Bezos then?

In the same way that Lincoln City were better than us last season, then I suppose. It’s an utterly pointless debate/comparison so I’ll leave it there.

Comparing the winner of the checkatrade trophy to that on the league up is a pointless comparison.

Talking to a fan of their “soccer” team New England Revolution, they’re not overly pleased. Seems they’re ignored and have been promised a stadium for years that hasn’t come to fruition, apparently.

Seems Robert Kraft has also been put off investing in the Premier League due to the lack of salary cap.

Were you joking about Bezos then?

Just passing on what I’ve been told fella

Ok mate, the worlds richest man :) that would be insane. I only asked again cos someone said above that it was a wind up. Imagine if this is true!!

What did you mean when you said about hoping someone else comes in?

We'll have to keep an eye out for Amazon delivery drones flying over St Mary's :rolleyes:

Hopefully the people that kept an eye out for Paul Allen's yacht are still around.

Kraft was labelled the worst owner in the MLS with New England Revolution. [emoji2369]

He also completely transformed the New England Patriots from being a nothing franchise to winning the superbowl 6 superbowl wins.

For the NY revolution, they ve been in 5 finals in 25 years.

We'll have to keep an eye out for Amazon delivery drones flying over St Mary's :rolleyes:

Hopefully the people that kept an eye out for Paul Allen's yacht are still around.

He’s looking to turn Southampton into Europe’s amazon hub

Do you trust what you been told then?

Seems like exactly the sort of decision someone would be making with our future relationship with the EU still uncertain.

He also completely transformed the New England Patriots from being a nothing franchise to winning the superbowl 6 superbowl wins.

For the NY revolution, they ve been in 5 finals in 25 years.

He’s a huge Patriots fan. A season ticket holder for over 20 years before investing.

The Revolution is more of a box tick. They may have got to a few finals, but most MLS teams have. It’s no competition compared to the PL. Seems to have very little interest comparatively.

K,Billy responded to Doddisalegend’s question about who he’d like to see as an owner with:

F) American owners buying the club through loans put on the club

Reminder of K, Billy’s response to an earlier question about ownership...

What a stupid comparison.

What a stupid comparison.

You're right, it is. That's pretty much the point I'm making.

Is he buying the club so he can also buy up the land around st Mary’s and turn it into a massive amazon depot?

You're right, it is. That's pretty much the point I'm making.

You're comparing the winners of League Two with winning the League Cup. Clown.