The Odd Guy

The Sunday Times - Southampton put up for sale at £250m

Posted (edited)
I don't think many football clubs will be worth very much at all in a few weeks, saddled with crippling debts and no income. One thing is for sure football, will never be the same again.....

Disagreed with my own comment after consideration, please ignore.

Edited by Saint Billy

Did i not hear that derby are in a whole lot of debt plus court cases and ffp on there back about the way the stadium has been purchased

The problem for Derby seems to be that the stadium was valued in the accounts at £50m, but was sold to the owner for more than £80m allowing them to stay within FPP. They cant have it both ways, so either the accounts have been wrong, or the stadium sale looks a bit fishy.

Also, their accounts have shown values for players as assets even though they are out of contract and therefore worth zero in theory. All this has allowed them to stay within FPP and not get fined. Other clubs, particularly Middlesbrough are very annoyed.

Players will reduce their wages.

Even Barca players have agreed to it

As anticipated, prem clubs looking at reducing player wages.

Common sense.

As anticipated, prem clubs looking at reducing player wages.

Common sense.

They might get to qualify for govt support of up to £2500 a month if the club can't afford to pay them their full wage.

Newcastle on the verge of takeover. Another club that’ll Easily finish above us next season then.

Ralph wouldn’t be a bad shout for them, if I’m honest. Not that I think they’d go for him, but give him a Big pot of cash and a reign to put his stamp on a team and I think they’d do very well.

Newcastle on the verge of takeover. Another club that’ll Easily finish above us next season then.

Ralph wouldn’t be a bad shout for them, if I’m honest. Not that I think they’d go for him, but give him a Big pot of cash and a reign to put his stamp on a team and I think they’d do very well.

I reckon they’ll go back for Rafa, with the funds he’s likely to have at his disposal plus the positive effect it would have on the fan base they could easily be pushing for top 4 in a couple of years.

I reckon they’ll go back for Rafa, with the funds he’s likely to have at his disposal plus the positive effect it would have on the fan base they could easily be pushing for top 4 in a couple of years.

Well, even being owned by the Saudi Royal family wont make them any bigger or better than Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, will they be happy being 5th at best?

Well, even being owned by the Saudi Royal family wont make them any bigger or better than Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea, will they be happy being 5th at best?

Depends who they buy with their potentially new found riches. Leicester might finish above Utd this season, doesn't make them a bigger club of course, but results are what count and not how many plastic supporters you have in S.E Asia.

So another club falls into the clutches of a foreign, despot regimes investment fund. We must be up to about 12 clubs now who reckon they’re going to spend their way into 4 Champions League places.

Give it a couple of years, the Geordies will have spent £300m and still be about 13th.

I'm surprised the Newcastle deal is progressing. With there being limited prospect of any crowds at games in the next 9 months the whole future landscape for football is so uncertain.

Unless Cashley is selling on the cheap to get rid

Surely there will come a point when we are on the radar of one of these consortium's. How do we keep ending up with billionaire owners that don't want to spend money.

Isn’t that why Chelsea and city are both (excluding the Saudi and royal) in that list? :lol:

Isn’t that why Chelsea and city are both (excluding the Saudi and royal) in that list? :lol:

Maybe, but then they have a few years of Champions League income and winning things to help rather than winning the fairs cup in 1967, laughing emoji clever **** thing.

Maybe, but then they have a few years of Champions League income and winning things to help rather than winning the fairs cup in 1967, laughing emoji clever **** thing.

They literally only have champions league football and winning things because of their mega rich owners.

There is no reason (other than FFP so it may take a little longer), that if Newcastle new owners want to invest heavily then they can’t achieve what city and Chelsea have in 5-10 years.

Yes ... their signings were so much better than Saints' ... we missed out on some gems, like Shawcross.

Are you sure you aren’t thinking of Norwich, getting in early with Van Wolfswinkle?

https://talksport.com/football/695017/newcastle-united-takeover-saudi-consortium-premier-league-owners-rich-list/

Well according to that list we are owned by the 10th richest PL owner even after Newcastle buy out, and above Bin dippers. Of course all depends on how much of his own money the owner is prepared to invest - not sure many are these days (even Spurs, Man C, Chelsea etc.). Time will tell.

To be honest taking a break from PL football is making me realise the whole top level football is just so out of kilter with normal life, with some many unsavory charters associated with the game, that I might just start supporting local teams when it all starts again - if indeed there are any minor teams left.

https://talksport.com/football/695017/newcastle-united-takeover-saudi-consortium-premier-league-owners-rich-list/

Well according to that list we are owned by the 10th richest PL owner even after Newcastle buy out, and above Bin dippers. Of course all depends on how much of his own money the owner is prepared to invest - not sure many are these days (even Spurs, Man C, Chelsea etc.). Time will tell.

To be honest taking a break from PL football is making me realise the whole top level football is just so out of kilter with normal life, with some many unsavory charters associated with the game, that I might just start supporting local teams when it all starts again - if indeed there are any minor teams left.

Goa worth £3bn.... :lol:

Goa worth £3bn.... :lol:

Just because he won’t invest doesn’t mean he’s not worth £3.1b. FFP rules will also stop Newcastle’s prospective new owners pouring in billions.....

Just because he won’t invest doesn’t mean he’s not worth £3.1b. FFP rules will also stop Newcastle’s prospective new owners pouring in billions.....

Pretty sure Ashley has Newcastle profitable (latest accounts overdue) so new owners would be able to spend quite a bit and still comply with FFP

But he is not worth 3.1bn. He ownly owned which wasn t worth anything close to that amount so I have no idea where they got that figure from

People who have their main business forcibly expropriated by the state tend not to be worth billions.

Pretty sure Ashley has Newcastle profitable (latest accounts overdue) so new owners would be able to spend quite a bit and still comply with FFP

Probably will have the same spending capacity as Everton have done the last 3 years, worked well for them.

But he is not worth 3.1bn. He ownly owned which wasn t worth anything close to that amount so I have no idea where they got that figure from

Made it up I expect or used some sort of strange and totally erroneous correlation, just as they did with the Liebherrs.

Probably will have the same spending capacity as Everton have done the last 3 years, worked well for them.

Can't even remember who the manager is now at Everton, it changes so often. They must be on their 5th or 6th since they got the megabucks, none of them have done particularly well. Still with their totally toxic fans it's no surprise. Must be about the worst fans in football, probably always being in the shadow of their neighbours has something to do with it.

Can't even remember who the manager is now at Everton, it changes so often. They must be on their 5th or 6th since they got the megabucks, none of them have done particularly well.

One of the most successful managers of all time...

2911983300000578-0-image-m-12_1432641359166.jpg

Daily Star reckon the hunt for a new buyer has been increased and asking price lowered as a result of the cornavirus

An exclusive from the Star? That rag shouldn’t even be included with other papers, many of which are dreadful and full of bs. But they take it to a different level . Beggars belief what fckwits would buy that paper.

An exclusive from the Star? That rag shouldn’t even be included with other papers, many of which are dreadful and full of bs. But they take it to a different level . Beggars belief what fckwits would buy that paper.

Is staying indoors getting to you?

Prob get Ashley in as the new man with his new millions...least he spent 40m on a striker...(not a good one mind).

Prob get Ashley in as the new man with his new millions...least he spent 40m on a striker...(not a good one mind).

I’d have Ashley every day of the week if it was a toss up between him and Gao.

Posted (edited)
I’d have Ashley every day of the week if it was a toss up between him and Gao.

I'd think Ashley has about had his dose of football ownership. Unless you have money that grows on trees it's become a bit of a mug's game in the higher echelons. Fans expect far,far too much and whine whatever you do. The more you spend without getting the results they think they deserve, the more they moan.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Read somewhere today that FFP is being considered to be scrapped this summer

FFP will probably have to be scrapped just to keep football clubs afloat at this time.

As if the current situation isn’t depressing enough, we have a rubbish owner trying sell our club off on the cheap at a time when even the least shrewd business person is unlikely to want to risk £200m on a failing enterprise that’s not generating income. In the words of an old blues song, If we didn’t have bad luck, we’d have no luck at all!

As if the current situation isn’t depressing enough, we have a rubbish owner trying sell our club off on the cheap at a time when even the least shrewd business person is unlikely to want to risk £200m on a failing enterprise that’s not generating income. In the words of an old blues song, If we didn’t have bad luck, we’d have no luck at all!

And you know all this because the great investigative publication, Daily Star says so? I have no idea what the truth is, but I would bet neither does the Star.

To be honest I haven't missed football as much as I though I would have when the shut was first announced.

You actually believe this rubbish???

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

And you know all this because the great investigative publication, Daily Star says so? I have no idea what the truth is, but I would bet neither does the Star.

To be honest I haven't missed football as much as I though I would have when the shut was first announced.

I have missed it so much, which truly shows how I am in love with it.

I know nothing. Nor does the Star. Nor does any other rag. I’ve missed football and I’ll miss the wasted money spent on the ST I’ll likely not use again this season. But it all pales into insignificance when placed against the issues some are facing with CV-19, hence my somewhat cryptic post.

Read somewhere today that FFP is being considered to be scrapped this summer

Yeah, that was my mate what wrote in on the interweb.

He made it up. HTH