Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

No it’s about as good as they could do. I just wonder if they are being made by the same people who made the shirts last time we had a cheap manufactured shirt the sizes will go out the window and you’ll need to order XL if usually you are a M 😆

The new shirt my son has is what you would expect for the size we ordered, and fits perfectly

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never got around to buying a shirt before they got pulled from sale but I’ve just had a look on the store, it’s cheaper to buy the LD sports version made by under armour than it is the pikey own brand one which looks like it came from eBay.

They’re both crap sponsors so makes sense to buy an UA one surely.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/10/2020 at 17:15, bpsaint said:

Never got around to buying a shirt before they got pulled from sale but I’ve just had a look on the store, it’s cheaper to buy the LD sports version made by under armour than it is the pikey own brand one which looks like it came from eBay.

They’re both crap sponsors so makes sense to buy an UA one surely.

That doesnt make sense.  You can't buy the LD sports version made by UA (OK you were able to in August) and you certainly can't buy the own brand one; it's only on offer to those who bought the LD Sports/UA one and it's given free.  To those who want to buy any kind of shirt now, you buy one from the store with the correct sponsor and made by UA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, bender said:

That doesnt make sense.  You can't buy the LD sports version made by UA (OK you were able to in August) and you certainly can't buy the own brand one; it's only on offer to those who bought the LD Sports/UA one and it's given free.  To those who want to buy any kind of shirt now, you buy one from the store with the correct sponsor and made by UA.

Not according to this, everything’s for sale:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/replica-kit/c-1/c-69

Fans can’t buy an Under Armour made one with the new sponsor, only the own brand one.

Edited by bpsaint
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Not according to this, everything’s for sale:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/replica-kit/c-1/c-69

Fans can’t buy an Under Armour made one with the new sponsor, only the own brand one.

I stand corrected (said the man with the orthopaedic shoe).  So you can either buy the shirt with the wrong sponsor logo or the shirt with the wrong (missing) sports manufacturer 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, bender said:

I stand corrected (said the man with the orthopaedic shoe).  So you can either buy the shirt with the wrong sponsor logo or the shirt with the wrong (missing) sports manufacturer 

 

Basically yeah, except the one with the wrong sponsor is £3 cheaper but is made by Under Armour, so you’d assume it’s better quality and wouldn’t feel like an eBay knock off.

Edited by bpsaint
Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole fiasco beggars belief.
There's people selling the LD Sports shirts on Ebay, saying that they're rare because they have the wrong sponsorship. They look like they're going to sell for more than the price you can buy a new one from the club shop. The bidders are probably unaware that the club are selling them off for €42.00, a saving of £13.00 on the original price. 

I don't understand the logic behind Under Armour farming production out to an alternative manufacturer? Surely they could do this and still have them put the logo on the shirt? Unless they've totally seen their arse over the whole thing and terminated the contract with immediate effect, leaving the club with no option but to have the shirts made by the company who used to make our own brand kits about 15 years ago?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2020 at 22:40, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

The whole fiasco beggars belief.
There's people selling the LD Sports shirts on Ebay, saying that they're rare because they have the wrong sponsorship. They look like they're going to sell for more than the price you can buy a new one from the club shop. The bidders are probably unaware that the club are selling them off for €42.00, a saving of £13.00 on the original price. 

An auction finished last night at £63 for an LD Sports sponsored 3rd shirt that someone was claiming was now a rare shirt - would love to see the buyers face if they find out they’re back on sale from the Saints store!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, darren2 said:

They just said they would be delivered in time for Christmas.

Yes and given those who have already purchased the shirt get first go I wouldnt hold your breath. I am yet to receive an instruction email as was stated we would be getting

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd bump this thread up the list. I'm liking "the sash". Personally I think if this season carries on in the way it has for the last six games (OK I know there's a long way to go) we need to start a campaign on here to KEEP THE SASH. I reckon the sash has secret powers!!!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Club contacted me about my LD Sports away kit, offering me the Sportsbet.io shirt as a replacement, they e-mail you a code then you just re-order the new shirt in the shop and the code removes the price. 

This seems to allow you to purchase any of the sportsbet shirts, so even though I got the 3rd away with LD sports, I was able to order a home one.

The code will also cover any personalisation you had on the shirt as well.

So considering my LD sports logo fell off, I now have a nice white with red sash 3rd kit with no sponsor which looks way better and I'll get a home shirt as well, which is a nice bonus. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, edprice1984 said:

I got an email earlier this week stating that my replacement shirt was ready for dispatch - helpfully they included a tracking reference that doesn't work or has no link to who is delivering (I think it's Royal Mail - but I can't be sure). Anyone else get a similar email?

The £5 delivery charge was taken out of my account earlier this week but haven't received a dispatch email yet. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2020 at 15:46, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Site is saying that the shirt with the new sponsor is available to pre-order. Does anybody know when these are likely to start shipping?

It'd be good to know! Was looking at buying one for a Christmas present, but there's no indication whether they'll actually be dispatched in time.

It's said 'PRE-ORDER' (with no elaboration) since the day they first listed the Sportsbet versions on the store.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ant said:

It'd be good to know! Was looking at buying one for a Christmas present, but there's no indication whether they'll actually be dispatched in time.

It's said 'PRE-ORDER' (with no elaboration) since the day they first listed the Sportsbet versions on the store.

That's exactly it. My e-mails to the club shop to ask the question haven't been replied to. The kit fiasco continues... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I few days ago the £5 delivery charge came out of my account which implies that there is activity afoot !

Am expecting two replacement shirts for the doomed previous LS ones but time is getting tight as I want to send them to Belgium to arrive before Xmas !

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/12/2020 at 15:46, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

Site is saying that the shirt with the new sponsor is available to pre-order. Does anybody know when these are likely to start shipping?

We got an email Wednesday before last on 25th November saying it was being shipped and still hasn't been received, Ts and Cs says 5 to 7 working days which was up last Friday. Tried to phone them without success to chase it up.

Edited by M271
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Adult shirts then? I didn't think Junior shirts had the new sponsor on them.

Sorry, I may have mislead you. Yes they are large adults. My boys are 6'2" and 6'4", the youngest is 20 🤣, it been a tradition since 2003 that they get a saints shirt for Christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From the OS Today:

Quote

 

"The Stadium Store will open from Thursday between 10am-6pm on weekdays and between 10am-4pm on weekends.

Please note that the Stadium Store will not be open on matchdays, including this Saturday's game against Manchester City – we will inform fans when this situation changes.

Supporters can also shop in-store at our Westquay Store from 10am-6pm on weekdays and Saturdays, and from 10am-4pm on Sundays."

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, doggface said:

Talk of Under Armour cancelling the last couple of years left on our contract.

Does anyone know if this is true and if so who will be our new supplier 2021/22?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Over the past few years the main European clubs UA have had are us, St Pauli & AZ.  The AZ deal was ended at the end of last season and last month St Pauli announced a mutual termination at the end of this season so it seems like UA are trying to exit pre-existing deals.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/12/2020 at 07:40, edprice1984 said:

My new (un-Under Armoured) shirt arrived yesterday

Got an email on 25/11 saying shirts were ready for dispatch. No sign yet, when I check tracking number it just says “sorry unable to confirm status, try again tomorrow” and when I call it just rings. 

Anyone else in the same boat?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})