7 minutes ago, beatlesaint said:

No it’s about as good as they could do. I just wonder if they are being made by the same people who made the shirts last time we had a cheap manufactured shirt the sizes will go out the window and you’ll need to order XL if usually you are a M 😆

The new shirt my son has is what you would expect for the size we ordered, and fits perfectly

Never got around to buying a shirt before they got pulled from sale but I’ve just had a look on the store, it’s cheaper to buy the LD sports version made by under armour than it is the pikey own brand one which looks like it came from eBay.

They’re both crap sponsors so makes sense to buy an UA one surely.

• Like 1
On 02/10/2020 at 17:15, bpsaint said:

Never got around to buying a shirt before they got pulled from sale but I’ve just had a look on the store, it’s cheaper to buy the LD sports version made by under armour than it is the pikey own brand one which looks like it came from eBay.

They’re both crap sponsors so makes sense to buy an UA one surely.

That doesnt make sense.  You can't buy the LD sports version made by UA (OK you were able to in August) and you certainly can't buy the own brand one; it's only on offer to those who bought the LD Sports/UA one and it's given free.  To those who want to buy any kind of shirt now, you buy one from the store with the correct sponsor and made by UA.

56 minutes ago, bender said:

That doesnt make sense.  You can't buy the LD sports version made by UA (OK you were able to in August) and you certainly can't buy the own brand one; it's only on offer to those who bought the LD Sports/UA one and it's given free.  To those who want to buy any kind of shirt now, you buy one from the store with the correct sponsor and made by UA.

Not according to this, everything’s for sale:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/replica-kit/c-1/c-69

Fans can’t buy an Under Armour made one with the new sponsor, only the own brand one.

Edited by bpsaint
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, bpsaint said:

Not according to this, everything’s for sale:

https://www.southamptonfc.com/store/replica-kit/c-1/c-69

Fans can’t buy an Under Armour made one with the new sponsor, only the own brand one.

I stand corrected (said the man with the orthopaedic shoe).  So you can either buy the shirt with the wrong sponsor logo or the shirt with the wrong (missing) sports manufacturer 

15 minutes ago, bender said:

I stand corrected (said the man with the orthopaedic shoe).  So you can either buy the shirt with the wrong sponsor logo or the shirt with the wrong (missing) sports manufacturer 

Basically yeah, except the one with the wrong sponsor is £3 cheaper but is made by Under Armour, so you’d assume it’s better quality and wouldn’t feel like an eBay knock off.

Edited by bpsaint

The whole fiasco beggars belief.
There's people selling the LD Sports shirts on Ebay, saying that they're rare because they have the wrong sponsorship. They look like they're going to sell for more than the price you can buy a new one from the club shop. The bidders are probably unaware that the club are selling them off for €42.00, a saving of £13.00 on the original price. 

I don't understand the logic behind Under Armour farming production out to an alternative manufacturer? Surely they could do this and still have them put the logo on the shirt? Unless they've totally seen their arse over the whole thing and terminated the contract with immediate effect, leaving the club with no option but to have the shirts made by the company who used to make our own brand kits about 15 years ago?

On 04/10/2020 at 22:40, Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd said:

The whole fiasco beggars belief.
There's people selling the LD Sports shirts on Ebay, saying that they're rare because they have the wrong sponsorship. They look like they're going to sell for more than the price you can buy a new one from the club shop. The bidders are probably unaware that the club are selling them off for €42.00, a saving of £13.00 on the original price. 

An auction finished last night at £63 for an LD Sports sponsored 3rd shirt that someone was claiming was now a rare shirt - would love to see the buyers face if they find out they’re back on sale from the Saints store!!

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Bananaman said:

Any idea when the 'new shirts' are being shipped... wife ordered (and paid for) one for my Bday at the start of September... still waiting.  

They just said they would be delivered in time for Christmas.

22 minutes ago, darren2 said:

They just said they would be delivered in time for Christmas.

Yes and given those who have already purchased the shirt get first go I wouldnt hold your breath. I am yet to receive an instruction email as was stated we would be getting