Jump to content
Hatch

20/21 Kit

Recommended Posts

wouldn't it be nice for the club to maybe look at the sales history of different kits from previous seasons to get a better indication of how the fans liked them in general. Decent kits would have higher pre-order numbers and higher sales numbers towards the start of the season, worse designs would sell more when offered on sale. Is that to logical? No doubt the kit will look worse than many concepts that do the rounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly, its not sponsor free (the blue LD & ball is now black, to match the logo text and collars/cuffs, as is the UA logo)

@hypochondriac - Kudos to your ITK status, or congrats on a successful guess :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, St Louis said:

Sadly, its not sponsor free (the blue LD & ball is now black, to match the logo text and collars/cuffs, as is the UA logo)

@hypochondriac - Kudos to your ITK status, or congrats on a successful guess :)

Bit of a wild guess! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, St Louis said:

Sadly, its not sponsor free (the blue LD & ball is now black, to match the logo text and collars/cuffs, as is the UA logo)

@hypochondriac - Kudos to your ITK status, or congrats on a successful guess :)

 

Away kit looking any more promising??? The logo does seem to make a mess of the kit however it is to be fair ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UpweySaint said:

 

Away kit looking any more promising??? The logo does seem to make a mess of the kit however it is to be fair ...

I havent seen the away, but I've spoken to someone who has. They said 'its white with a red stripe' - that's their description. They arent into footie, so didnt pay as much attention as I would have! No idea if its a reverse of the home (sash) or a red hoop, or red stripe down middle, etc.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, St Louis said:

I havent seen the away, but I've spoken to someone who has. They said 'its white with a red stripe' - that's their description. They arent into footie, so didnt pay as much attention as I would have! No idea if its a reverse of the home (sash) or a red hoop, or red stripe down middle, etc.
 

Thanks, let's hope it's better than the home. Failing that fingers crossed for a third kit. I can't remember the precise context but the 'one off' we wore against Bournemouth a while back was actually okay!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I heard the away kit was just the colours reversed. 

Wouldn't work without a third kit though.

Could we wear the red sash at Old Trafford, Anfield etc ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

I heard the away kit was just the colours reversed. 

Didn't we have that balls up a couple of seasons ago, where the Red was "Home", but we couldn't wear the White "Away" anywhere apart from maybe one match?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, darren2 said:

Didn't we have that balls up a couple of seasons ago, where the Red was "Home", but we couldn't wear the White "Away" anywhere apart from maybe one match?

As you mention, it would be strange and limiting if they just reversed it. Of course we've had an away shirt with the sash in recent years in green and navy, easy enough to come up with a contrasting combination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could it be reversed a la our 2017/18 away kit? Where the negative was Red and White Stripes?

 

 

  

reverse strip.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Badger said:

Wouldn't work without a third kit though.

Could we wear the red sash at Old Trafford, Anfield etc ?

I'm not certain about the away kit like I am with the home. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, darren2 said:

2021.JPG

That is very close!
Sash goes the other direction though (with UA badge on it), the badge is now on a white shield, and theres white piping at top of collar and sleeves.
I've heard that we may have a blue third kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That actually looks rather good if the final kit looks like that. I've looked at Palace's sash kits with envy and they manage to pull it off successfully even with a sponsor on the front. Nice to see that we can do it too. Didn't think UA were capable of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, St Louis said:

That is very close!
Sash goes the other direction though (with UA badge on it), the badge is now on a white shield, and theres white piping at top of collar and sleeves.
I've heard that we may have a blue third kit.

Very good if true.

why has nobody drawn one up yet after this latest info :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, St Louis said:

That is very close!
Sash goes the other direction though (with UA badge on it), the badge is now on a white shield, and theres white piping at top of collar and sleeves.
I've heard that we may have a blue third kit.

 

Capture2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, darren2 said:

 

Capture2.JPG

Near on perfect, a couple of tiny differences...
- White sash goes from the top of shoulder down to bottom corner of shirt
- The top of the shield around the badge is straight (like this one, but a bit larger: https://classic-shirts.com/product-eng-57643-2003-05-SOUTHAMPTON-SHIRT-S.html)
- White piping around 95% of inside collar (with an inch gap of just black at centre/bottom of V)
- White detail on the black arm cuffs (a bit like this: https://www.footballkitnews.com/22754/new-az-alkmaar-jersey-2019-2020-under-armour-az-home-kit-19-20/)
- Virgin Media logo (in white) on (crest side) sleeve.

Personally I don't like it at all, its just not Saints. The red is also slightly darker than your mock (think Man Utd). Your mock actually makes it look nicer than the real thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it’s anything like the one above I’m a big fan. I do like stripes but it’s nice to mix it up a bit, especially when it’s done well (original sash, rank xerox style, Hummel halves).

not sure the badge crest is needed though, but will reserve judgement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since when did Saints play in a red kit with white sash? It’s a nice shirt but definitely not a Saints kit!!! Yes we have had the anniversary kit as a nod to our first kit but we really need to keep our identity a bit more, STRIPES!!! I know we have mucked around with the stripes a few times and the early 80’s Keegan kit I loved and grew up on but we really need to keep stripes. How difficult can this be? Every season we speculate and end up with an abomination!!A take on the 1976-1980 shirt would be my personal preference, more white than red, it really should be simple!! Talking of which and I know this would be controversial what about an updated badge, again something simple, a football with the halo above it, 1885 in the football and SOUTHAMPTON FC in red and white lettering under it, maybe in the scarf style? Am sure that would look clean, crisp, simple and obvious to anyone it’s SAINTS!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JCBSaint said:

Since when did Saints play in a red kit with white sash? It’s a nice shirt but definitely not a Saints kit!!! Yes we have had the anniversary kit as a nod to our first kit but we really need to keep our identity a bit more, STRIPES!!! I know we have mucked around with the stripes a few times and the early 80’s Keegan kit I loved and grew up on but we really need to keep stripes. How difficult can this be? Every season we speculate and end up with an abomination!!A take on the 1976-1980 shirt would be my personal preference, more white than red, it really should be simple!! Talking of which and I know this would be controversial what about an updated badge, again something simple, a football with the halo above it, 1885 in the football and SOUTHAMPTON FC in red and white lettering under it, maybe in the scarf style? Am sure that would look clean, crisp, simple and obvious to anyone it’s SAINTS!!

Agree it looks like any old team who normally wear red trying to jazz the monotony of the plain shirt up a bit. Something you'd expect to see Middlesbrough or Swindon attempt.

Personal choice is the Keegan era kit, a reverse Ajax kit. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The red sash on white looked classical, this feels a bit tacky though. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

Someone got sacked for leaking last years one so I'm glad theres been no picture. 

Would be funny if they leaked a fake one to see who leaks what 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, darren2 said:

 

Capture2.JPG

If it's even close to that it'll be better than any since the last sash.
I know stripes are our tradition but not a fan of them  myself, plain with a sash creates a much stronger bolder apearance IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are so many teams with stripes in England but none with Sash kits.

Our recent tradition is stripes but it wasn t always like that, we ve had other types of kits for a long period.

would be good to be identified as the team with the sash kit in the future.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything without the 'band' (aka 'bra') across the top is fine by me. A sash kit is pretty distinctive and uncluttered, so it's a thumbs up from me 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, trousers said:

Anything without the 'band' (aka 'bra') across the top is fine by me. A sash kit is pretty distinctive and uncluttered, so it's a thumbs up from me 👍

I think the way some people have let themselves go during the lockdown then a bra would of been handy.

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Pilchards said:

I think the way some people have let themselves go during the lockdown then a bra would of been handy.

 

😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stevy777_x said:

There are so many teams with stripes in England but none with Sash kits.

Our recent tradition is stripes but it wasn t always like that, we ve had other types of kits for a long period.

would be good to be identified as the team with the sash kit in the future.

 

 

Tbf Palace and Man City have done sash kits very recently, albeit as their away kits.  I loved our white sash kit, especially so as there was no sponsor. I like the idea of this version too, I wonder what shorts and socks they’l pair with it (tradition would say black shorts white socks but not sure how that would look).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really like that - the stripes nazi's will hate it 'cos it's just not saints' but the stuff we've had in recent years has been dreadful. I think the last decent stripes kit was our promotion season from championship. This would also be a nod to our past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we have home and away sash kits with reversed colours? And then a 3rd strip for when we play teams like Sheffield United?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saint86 said:

So we have home and away sash kits with reversed colours? And then a 3rd strip for when we play teams like Sheffield United?

I believe the away strip is blue and the third strip is the reversed colours. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, hypochondriac said:

I believe the away strip is blue and the third strip is the reversed colours. 

The third strip is the one least likely to be worn (apart from at Palace perhaps) but could be the best seller of the three.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Badger said:

The third strip is the one least likely to be worn (apart from at Palace perhaps) but could be the best seller of the three.

Sound like more of a marketing gimmick to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hypochondriac said:

Sound like more of a marketing gimmick to me. 

If the latest rumours are true, then this set of kits has the potential to be the best selling for quite a number of years by a long long way! 

All seems very positive, fingers crossed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, djharvey said:

If the latest rumours are true, then this set of kits has the potential to be the best selling for quite a number of years by a long long way! 

All seems very positive, fingers crossed.

 

Yes I know I was just saying the third kit thing seems a bit pointless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})