Jump to content

2020/21 Season Ticket Information


Recommended Posts

If it's the Saints Bar season tickets they are sat in the corporate area so separated from normal fans anyway plus not many of them so makes sense. More profitable tickets for the club so can see why they wouldn't want to refund those compared to someone with a £399 Itchen South season ticket.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got this email from the club - no phone call for me but then I’m in the cheap seats aka the Family Centre. 
 

With Southampton in tier 2 of the government’s local restriction tier system, the club will be able to allow a maximum of 2,000 supporters into the stadium for our match against Sheffield United on Sunday 13th December.

 

You previously confirmed that you would like to be considered for selection to attend matches in October and November. To retain the same details and group you may have previously selected for the match against Sheffield United, and further fixtures in December and January, no further action is required. If you wish to amend this, please complete the form using the button below.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Divergent said:

Just got this email from the club - no phone call for me but then I’m in the cheap seats aka the Family Centre. 
 

With Southampton in tier 2 of the government’s local restriction tier system, the club will be able to allow a maximum of 2,000 supporters into the stadium for our match against Sheffield United on Sunday 13th December.

 

You previously confirmed that you would like to be considered for selection to attend matches in October and November. To retain the same details and group you may have previously selected for the match against Sheffield United, and further fixtures in December and January, no further action is required. If you wish to amend this, please complete the form using the button below.

I had exactly the same email from the club. So just got to sit back and hope myself, my Dad and our friend (we are all season ticket holders) are part of the selection process. Fingers crossed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/11/2020 at 18:03, davefizzy14 said:

I had exactly the same email from the club. So just got to sit back and hope myself, my Dad and our friend (we are all season ticket holders) are part of the selection process. Fingers crossed. 

I’ve had that too. I’d like to go to Sheffield United but unfortunately I am having a cataract operation the day after and I am supposed to self isolate for the three days before :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I’ve had that too. I’d like to go to Sheffield United but unfortunately I am having a cataract operation the day after and I am supposed to self isolate for the three days before :(

Well wishing you a speedy recovery mate, and hopefully you can attend the Man City game :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I’ve had that too. I’d like to go to Sheffield United but unfortunately I am having a cataract operation the day after and I am supposed to self isolate for the three days before :(

I had a cataract operation at the end of October and had to self isolate for 14 days before. The operation wouldn't be high on my list of fun things to do, but wasn't as bad as I feared.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, whiteleySaint30 said:

Update now on website from the club. I'm #ucking fuming to be honest. Take my £600 and then change the goalposts. #ankers......

Woah that’s a bit fkin much isn’t it? So some fans are better than other fans are they? That’s what they are saying. How can it be fair that some can go to “each home match or alternate matches” whilst the rest of the season ticket holders are in a ballot not for one of 2000 tickets but one of 1300 ?

I know it’s unique times, I know they would never be able to please everyone but bloody hell, come on. 
I don’t understand why supporting the team away from home should even come into this. There are many reasons why fans can or will only watch the home matches ie. Cost, travel, work, personal circumstances either medical or financial....

It certainly does feel like the goalposts have been moved 🤨

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like it, but I understand it.

The club have struggled with some of the organisational stuff and with hindsight maybe wish they'd not proceeded with ST sales, but then at the time they would've been critisised for that.

 

I think our world has changed rather than the goalposts moved.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm.

Broadly I'm fine with a weighted ballot. But having approx. 12% of the 2,000 'capacity' fixed for the first game (likely a higher percentage if you consider the 2,000 is lowered by hospitality) seems a lot.

Think I've had my season ticket for a decade now (essentially as soon as I could afford it after getting my first 'proper' job). And whilst I don't expect to be in some mega-special category for that, it feels a pretty hefty disparity in favour of the super fans.

Ultimately there'll always be people 'losing out' with such a low attendance cap. But my main point is that if they're intending to rotate through ST holders as often as possible, having a high percentage of fixed allocations doesn't help that goal.

Edited by ant
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to note that although the figure of 2000 spectators is bandied around (by government, media, club), in fact if you break the figures down, 202 (or ~10%) are not allocated to supporters. Presumably they are to cover the players, staff, press, stewards, WAGs etc. 1798 "spectators" in total. Presumably if Southampton ever got moved to Tier 1, this number (202) would not change much (maybe a few more stewards) and it might allow almost 2000 more real supporters to attend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ant said:

Ultimately there'll always be people 'losing out' with such a low attendance cap. But my main point is that if they're intending to rotate through ST holders as often as possible, have a high percentage of fixed allocations doesn't help that goal.

It certainly doesn’t, in effect instead of seeing say 1 in 5 matches you are looking at 1 in 8 until the figures increase.

I really think away support should not be relevant to how the club caters for their home support. They are creating an elitist supporter group. If they want to do something like that they should say members who have attended every home match will be granted a percentage, at least that would be more relevant for home support.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they've done it fairly. No system will please everyone but the percentage going to high-attending fans is low. Hopefully the 2000 will increase in the New Year.

And I've done my bit to increase your chances as I think I'm eligible for the second tier, but I'm opting out for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shroppie said:

I think they've done it fairly. No system will please everyone but the percentage going to high-attending fans is low. Hopefully the 2000 will increase in the New Year.

And I've done my bit to increase your chances as I think I'm eligible for the second tier, but I'm opting out for now.

I think it's fair, relatively small number of tickets set aside for those fans who have gone above and beyond following the Saints, I don't qualify but personally know a few who are in both categories, the lengths some of them go to is unbelievable. Not many of them live in Southampton so every game involves a journey. 

 

It's only 238 , tiny number, of those the 62 every game is fair. 

 

- 62 fans that have held their Season Ticket for over six years and attended every match home and away last season
- 176 fans that have held their Season Ticket for over four years, attending at least 95% of home games and 66% of away games last season

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shroppie said:

Can you think of a better way to distinguish between ST holders, who are assumed to attend all home games?

The fairest method is to treat every ST holder the same. If you choose to be in the ballot then if you don’t get picked for a game you have a better chance in the next one. Carry on until you’ve worked through the list and everybody has had a chance to go to a game.

having an elite group that get to go to every game is just taking the piss.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Doctorkmt said:

I didn't see anything about children either? If one of my boys gets picked, they're obviously not going without me. They're 9 and 11. So their ticket will go back in the hat and be redrawn I guess?

Not sure if there's a mechanism for dealing with individual games like that. I can't make the Sheffield game on the Sunday as it's our first game back in local football so told them, as I still want to be in the draw for subsequent games in the next tranche.  

"If you are selected for a game and you are unable to attend, you will not receive a refund for that fixture as the Season Ticket terms and conditions will be in place. Your name will be in the ballot for every home Premier League fixture."

Missing the point that the tickets are not transferable and if I'm unable to go that will be one less in the stadium. Chances are I won't be successful but I suppose they are faced with a big administrative burden at the moment to be able to deal with individual cases. I'm just a bit 'meh' about it all. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems fair to me even though I miss out on the second category by a couple of away games. 

Surprised we only have 62 in the first section, that's just over one bingo bus. 

I'd say it's only right that those who travel up and down the country every weekend get priority. They put their support above other things in their life to follow the team.  It's a big commitment to do every game and they should be rewarded for it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Seems fair to me even though I miss out on the second category by a couple of away games. 

Surprised we only have 62 in the first section, that's just over one bingo bus. 

I'd say it's only right that those who travel up and down the country every weekend get priority. They put their support above other things in their life to follow the team.  It's a big commitment to do every game and they should be rewarded for it. 

Think your missing the point, if that was their intention, they should have advised everyone at point of sale. Pretty simple really - obviously didn't do that as it would have put a lot of people of parting with their money. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Seems fair to me even though I miss out on the second category by a couple of away games. 

Surprised we only have 62 in the first section, that's just over one bingo bus. 

I'd say it's only right that those who travel up and down the country every weekend get priority. They put their support above other things in their life to follow the team.  It's a big commitment to do every game and they should be rewarded for it. 

I disagree entirely with this. Away attendance is irrelevant. Th club sold Season Tickets on a certain basis and that basis has changed. Their duty of consideration is to those who gave them money for this season.

 

So having a season ticket for over thirty years is worth less than some youngster who wasn't even born at that time?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Whitey Grandad said:

I disagree entirely with this. Away attendance is irrelevant. Th club sold Season Tickets on a certain basis and that basis has changed. Their duty of consideration is to those who gave them money for this season.

 

So having a season ticket for over thirty years is worth less than some youngster who wasn't even born at that time?

There would have been a time when I'd have easily been in the second category, nearly the first, but things change, lives move on and new people become the week in and week out support. 

The people in the top 2 categories have given their money over this season and probably spent a good few grand following the team last season too.

You have to draw the line somewhere. There might be some people who scoff at your 30 years because they've had one for 50. It's impossible to please everyone and I don't envy the people who have had to make this decision.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I disagree entirely with this. Away attendance is irrelevant. Th club sold Season Tickets on a certain basis and that basis has changed. Their duty of consideration is to those who gave them money for this season.

 

So having a season ticket for over thirty years is worth less than some youngster who wasn't even born at that time?

I wouldn't get too worked up about this, ultimately going back in the ground is going to be pretty shit anyway, Premier league have agreed tonight that masks must be worn even though you're out in the fresh air, chanting discouraged, no doubt Saints will have trained up their stewards to act like Nazi covid Marshalls tracking your every move, the safety officer will be loving having the chance to have some much control. 

On top of that we'll probably lose anyway once fans are back as we mate the players nervous 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JRM said:

I wouldn't get too worked up about this, ultimately going back in the ground is going to be pretty shit anyway, Premier league have agreed tonight that masks must be worn even though you're out in the fresh air, chanting discouraged, no doubt Saints will have trained up their stewards to act like Nazi covid Marshalls tracking your every move, the safety officer will be loving having the chance to have some much control. 

On top of that we'll probably lose anyway once fans are back as we mate the players nervous 

That's just ridiculous. I've no issue wearing one in the concourse but there's no reason to wear them outside when everyone is miles apart from each other. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JRM said:

I wouldn't get too worked up about this, ultimately going back in the ground is going to be pretty shit anyway, Premier league have agreed tonight that masks must be worn even though you're out in the fresh air, chanting discouraged, no doubt Saints will have trained up their stewards to act like Nazi covid Marshalls tracking your every move, the safety officer will be loving having the chance to have some much control. 

On top of that we'll probably lose anyway once fans are back as we mate the players nervous 

I agree. It won't be anything like a normal matchday experience. My concern is that the whole business of accreditation and refunds has the potential to get very messy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lord Duckhunter said:

Fuck me, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with what they’re doing. Some people will moan about any criteria they use. I’d have thought most neutrals would think rewarding the people who go more often is perfectly reasonable. 

Then you'd have thought wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IFHP said:

Have the club said (can't see it on the website?) when the ballot will take place and when we will know if we have been successful?

 

We should know by Tuesday , possibly earlier. 

 

What happens next?

Those supporters that are successful in the ballot will have their seats allocated and will receive an email with information about their tickets by Tuesday 8th December.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})